|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Soojin say about Emily's efforts at being friends?
(a) That she will soon get tired of spending time with them.
(b) That they should give her a chance.
(c) That she is planning some prank.
(d) That she only wants to be friends with Amina, not with Soojin.
2. What is the first argument Amina's group has when they are working on their social studies project?
(a) Which route will take the least amount of time.
(b) Whether sugar is a necessity.
(c) Whether to buy oxen or horses.
(d) How much to spend on blankets.
3. How is Ms. Barton dressed when she introduces the new project Amina's class will be working on?
(a) She is wearing overalls and a flannel shirt.
(b) She is wearing an orange jacket like hunters wear.
(c) She is wearing the traditional clothing of a pioneer woman.
(d) She is wearing a t-shirt with the school mascot.
4. What happened to Amina when she played the role of John Hancock in a school play?
(a) She froze, unable to say her line.
(b) She dropped the ink bottle while signing her name.
(c) She fell as she was leaving the stage.
(d) Her hat fell off when she bent to sign her name.
5. What does Baba say he expects of Amina and Mustafa while Thaya Jaan visits?
(a) That they wear traditional Muslim clothing all the time.
(b) That they speak only in Urdu.
(c) That they will attend mosque every evening.
(d) That they act perfectly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the moral of the lesson Sister Naima tells the children during the second part of Sunday School?
2. What are Mustafa and Yusuf playing when Amina's family visits Rabiya's family?
3. What did Amina's mother consider when choosing Amina's name?
4. How are children divided into classes in Amina's Sunday School?
5. Soojin and Amina will work on their social studies project together. Who does Soojin invite to join them?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)