|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Ms. Barton dressed when she introduces the new project Amina's class will be working on?
(a) She is wearing a t-shirt with the school mascot.
(b) She is wearing the traditional clothing of a pioneer woman.
(c) She is wearing overalls and a flannel shirt.
(d) She is wearing an orange jacket like hunters wear.
2. What does Amina think about the appearance of Emily's eyes and nose?
(a) There is too much makeup.
(b) They are very pretty.
(c) They are far too pale.
(d) They look like Amina's neighbor's cat.
3. What does Amina say worries her about Soojin's plan to change her name?
(a) That Soojin will want Amina to change her name as well.
(b) That Soojin will become overly American.
(c) That Soojin will choose something difficult to spell.
(d) That Soojin will also discard their friendship.
4. How are Amina and Thaya Jaan related?
(a) Thaya Jaan is Amina's brother-in-law.
(b) Thaya Jaan is Amina's uncle.
(c) Thaya Jaan is Amina's cousin.
(d) Thaya Jaan is Amina's brother.
5. Soojin and Amina will work on their social studies project together. Who does Soojin invite to join them?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baba do that embarrasses Amina during the back-to-school meeting?
2. What does Soojin say about Emily's efforts at being friends?
3. What is the first argument Amina's group has when they are working on their social studies project?
4. How are children divided into classes in Amina's Sunday School?
5. What does Amina say in support of Mustafa's plea to participate in an extracurricular activity?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)