|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Amina when she played the role of John Hancock in a school play?
(a) She froze, unable to say her line.
(b) Her hat fell off when she bent to sign her name.
(c) She dropped the ink bottle while signing her name.
(d) She fell as she was leaving the stage.
2. What does Amina do just before entering the mosque?
(a) Washes herself at a faucet.
(b) Adjusts her scarf so it will remain in place.
(c) Puts away her Sunday School books.
(d) Prays for the patience to sit still during the service.
3. What kind of lessons does Amina take?
(b) Public speaking.
4. What does Baba do that embarrasses Amina during the back-to-school meeting?
(a) Asks for special treatment for Amina.
(b) Asks the teacher lots of questions.
(c) Holds her hand.
(d) Introduces himself to every other parent.
5. What is the first name Emily suggests for Soojin?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Amina and her friends do during the break during Sunday School?
2. What are Mustafa and Yusuf playing when Amina's family visits Rabiya's family?
3. How is Ms. Barton dressed when she introduces the new project Amina's class will be working on?
4. Soojin and Amina will work on their social studies project together. Who does Soojin invite to join them?
5. What is the first argument Amina's group has when they are working on their social studies project?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)