|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Amina thinks as Thaya Jaan begins to lead the family in prayer time?
(a) That she is going to have trouble staying awake.
(b) That he can surely help her win the upcoming competition.
(c) That she got her musical talent from him.
(d) That his pronunciation is no better than her own.
2. What is the gift Amina bought for Soojin that Soojin always wears?
(a) A charm bracelet with Soojin's initials.
(b) A pin with a picture of the two girls.
(c) A treasure-chest pendant.
(d) A necklace with the words "best friends."
3. What does Thaya Jaan say when Mama prompts Amina and Mustafa to thank him for the study time?
(a) That they both should continue to study.
(b) That he learned as much as they did.
(c) That he thought Amina was going to win.
(d) That he is glad the work paid off for Mustafa.
4. What kind of lessons does Amina take?
(c) Public speaking.
5. What does Mustafa discover in the refrigerator when he and Amina take the first of the dishes from the dining room?
(c) A fruit platter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baba say Thaya Jaan can do to help Amina and Mustafa during his visit?
2. What does Amina say is the main reason she does not like Sunday School?
3. What happened to Amina when she played the role of John Hancock in a school play?
4. What does Rabiya take from her brother's room?
5. What are Baba and Mustafa watching on television after Sunday School?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)