|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina see on the walls of the Islamic Center following the attack?
(a) Racial slurs.
(b) Torn posters.
(c) Bullet holes.
(d) Fire damage.
2. What do Amina and her friends do during the break during Sunday School?
(a) Eat a snack.
(b) Practice passages from the Quran.
(c) Play soccer.
(d) Sit with their parents.
3. What is in the extra refrigerator in Soojin's kitchen?
(a) Stacks of meals for the family.
(b) Drinks, including wine.
(c) Fermenting vegetables.
(d) Frozen pizzas, burritos, and sandwiches.
4. Why does Imam Malik say he has to tell Mustafa's parents about Mustafa's transgression?
(a) He has already told the parents of some others who were involved.
(b) He does not believe Mustafa's apology is sincere.
(c) He believes Mustafa deserves to be punished.
(d) He feels it is his responsibility to tell them.
5. What is the secret Emily shares with Amina and Soojin?
(a) She likes Justin.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She is angry at Julie.
(d) She likes Bradley.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mama say Baba left the house so early the morning after the dinner party?
2. What role is Imam Malik playing in the carnival following the Quran competition?
3. What does Mama say Amina should wear for the Friday evening out with Thaya Jaan?
4. What is Mustafa's response when Baba announces that both Mustafa and Amina will participate in the Quran recitation competition?
5. What is the first thing Amina thinks as Thaya Jaan begins to lead the family in prayer time?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)