|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the excuse Baba gives to explain why Amina and Mustafa are not fluent in Urdu?
(a) There is no one to teach them.
(b) The children have too much studying to do.
(c) They are focusing on Arabic.
(d) The family is setting aside the traditional language in favor of English.
2. What does Amina see on the walls of the Islamic Center following the attack?
(a) Torn posters.
(b) Fire damage.
(c) Bullet holes.
(d) Racial slurs.
3. What does Amina think when she examines Thaya Jaan's appearance?
(a) That he looks much sterner than she had imagined.
(b) That he looks much older than she remembered.
(c) That he looks like Santa.
(d) That he is going to attract a lot of attention in America.
4. What does Soojin say when Amina asks if she is now Susan?
(a) That her parents convinced her not to make the change.
(b) That she could not bring herself to change her name.
(c) That the official change will not take place for a few weeks.
(d) That she decided to change it to Fiona.
5. What does Amina believe Bradley will do with the information that Emily likes Justin?
(a) Tell Justin.
(b) Tell everyone.
(c) Tease Emily.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Soojin say Emily should do next, after Luke embarrasses her during lunch?
2. At the dinner party, what does Yusuf suggest the children do when they cannot find anything on television?
3. What is the limiting factor when Amina wants to ask Thaya Jaan questions about the Quran during their study time?
4. Why does Mama say Baba left the house so early the morning after the dinner party?
5. Why is Amina happy that the Parks invite her for frozen custard?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)