|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amina's mother consider when choosing Amina's name?
(a) That it would be easy for Americans to say.
(b) That it sounded like an adult.
(c) That it means "treasure" in their native language.
(d) That it sounded pretty.
2. What is the chore Mama assigns Baba to prepare for Thaya Jaan's visit?
(a) Weeding the flower beds.
(b) Mowing the yard.
(c) Taking some boxes to the attic.
(d) Cleaning the garage.
3. How are Amina and Thaya Jaan related?
(a) Thaya Jaan is Amina's brother-in-law.
(b) Thaya Jaan is Amina's brother.
(c) Thaya Jaan is Amina's cousin.
(d) Thaya Jaan is Amina's uncle.
4. What does Amina usually say to teachers when they ask about Mustafa?
(a) That they are not related.
(b) That he is failing several classes.
(c) That he is making plans for medical school.
(d) That he is fine.
5. How long has it been since Amina saw her cousins?
(a) Eight years.
(b) Almost a year.
(c) Three years.
(d) Six years.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are children divided into classes in Amina's Sunday School?
2. Why have some parents from the Islamic Center refused to participate in trick-or-treating?
3. What does Amina say is the main reason she does not like Sunday School?
4. What does Mustafa discover in the refrigerator when he and Amina take the first of the dishes from the dining room?
5. What is Amina's favorite television show?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)