|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Amina's mother consider when choosing Amina's name?
(a) That it sounded pretty.
(b) That it would be easy for Americans to say.
(c) That it sounded like an adult.
(d) That it means "treasure" in their native language.
2. What does Baba say he expects of Amina and Mustafa while Thaya Jaan visits?
(a) That they act perfectly.
(b) That they speak only in Urdu.
(c) That they wear traditional Muslim clothing all the time.
(d) That they will attend mosque every evening.
3. What does Amina pray for as the family is ending their evening prayers?
(a) Help understanding the Quran and that she would not have to participate in the competition.
(b) Safety and food for the people of Pakistan and help with her Arabic pronunciation.
(c) The opportunity to spend a few years in Pakistan to learn about her heritage.
(d) That her family would not face the hatred she is seeing in America.
4. What is Mustafa's response when Baba announces that both Mustafa and Amina will participate in the Quran recitation competition?
(a) That he and Amina will help each other.
(b) That he will refuse to go to Sunday School.
(c) That it will be awkward to recite in front of an audience.
(d) That he plans to win.
5. What is the name of the musical performance Amina's class is doing?
(a) A Blast from the Past.
(b) The Music Time Forgot.
(c) A Chorus of Past Favs.
(d) The Music of Yesterday.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Amina's favorite television show?
2. What is hanging over Soojin's bed?
3. What are the two challenges Bradley throws into their social studies project?
4. What kind of lessons does Amina take?
5. What is Amina's reaction when Soojin announces she plans to change her name to Susan?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)