|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On Friday, where does Mama say they are taking Thaya Jaan?
(a) To visit friends.
(b) To a museum.
(c) To dinner.
(d) To a carnival.
2. Why is Amina reading a book about the Oregon Trail?
(a) She is doing a book report on Kit Carson.
(b) She wants to get more information for the social studies project.
(c) She is studying for her American Citizenship test.
(d) She is trying to avoid doing chores for Mama.
3. What is the first thing Soojin says when she and Amina arrive at her house after school?
(a) She is hungry.
(b) She wonders where her parents are.
(c) She is going to change clothes.
(d) She has to check on her grandfather.
4. How early does Amina's family arrive at the airport to meet Thaya Jaan?
(a) Forty minutes.
(b) They are actually an hour late.
(c) One hour.
(d) Four hours.
5. What does Thaya Jaan call Amina when they are preparing to leave the house?
(a) A baby.
(b) A kitten.
(c) A canary.
(d) A daisy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Amina do before she walks outside after her conversation with Mustafa?
2. What does Amina do to calm down after her studying sessions with Thaya Jaan?
3. What do Soojin's parents do for a living?
4. What are Baba and Mustafa watching on television after Sunday School?
5. What is the first thing Amina thinks as Thaya Jaan begins to lead the family in prayer time?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)