|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina do when she sees Imam Malik talking to Mustafa in the hall during the Sunday School break?
(a) Hides and listens.
(b) Walks more slowly so she can listen.
(c) Joins them to listen.
(d) Pretends to be looking at a poster while she listens.
2. What is the chore Mama assigns Baba to prepare for Thaya Jaan's visit?
(a) Cleaning the garage.
(b) Taking some boxes to the attic.
(c) Weeding the flower beds.
(d) Mowing the yard.
3. What is in the extra refrigerator in Soojin's kitchen?
(a) Fermenting vegetables.
(b) Stacks of meals for the family.
(c) Frozen pizzas, burritos, and sandwiches.
(d) Drinks, including wine.
4. What do Rabiya and Amina spend their time doing in Rabiya's room?
(a) Watching reruns on Disney Channel.
(b) Playing video games.
(c) Writing poetry.
5. What does Baba say he expects of Amina and Mustafa while Thaya Jaan visits?
(a) That they will attend mosque every evening.
(b) That they act perfectly.
(c) That they speak only in Urdu.
(d) That they wear traditional Muslim clothing all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thaya Jaan do as they are leaving the airport that puts Amina at ease?
2. What does Thaya Jaan call Amina when they are preparing to leave the house?
3. What did Amina's mother consider when choosing Amina's name?
4. What does Amina say in support of Mustafa's plea to participate in an extracurricular activity?
5. What does Baba do when he hears Amina playing an Elvis song on the piano?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)