|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 11-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mama doing when Amina enters the mosque?
(a) Giving Mustafa a lecture about his clothing.
(b) Taking care of some of the younger children.
(c) Preparing food for the afternoon meal.
(d) Reading the Quran with some friends.
2. What does Amina say is the main reason she does not like Sunday School?
(a) She is always too hot or too cold.
(b) She has trouble with Arabic pronunciation.
(c) She grows bored with all the praying.
(d) She hates wearing the traditional Muslim clothing.
3. What does Soojin say when Amina asks if Soojin plans to become friends with Emily?
(a) That she cannot forgive Emily for how rude she was in the past.
(b) That she is afraid Emily will take all of Amina's attention.
(c) That she believes Emily is just trying to be near Bradley.
(d) That Emily has changed and is trying to be nice.
4. What is the first thing Soojin says when she and Amina arrive at her house after school?
(a) She is going to change clothes.
(b) She has to check on her grandfather.
(c) She wonders where her parents are.
(d) She is hungry.
5. Why does Thaya Jaan lead the family prayer that evening instead of Baba?
(a) He has a lesson he wants to relate to Mustafa and Amina.
(b) He is the guest, and it is his right.
(c) He insists that he have the opportunity.
(d) He is older and more knowledgeable about the Quran.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Amina and Thaya Jaan related?
2. What is the chore Mama assigns Baba to prepare for Thaya Jaan's visit?
3. What is the first thing Amina thinks as Thaya Jaan begins to lead the family in prayer time?
4. How early does Amina's family arrive at the airport to meet Thaya Jaan?
5. What does Rabiya take from her brother's room?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)