|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Amina think when she examines Thaya Jaan's appearance?
(a) That he looks much sterner than she had imagined.
(b) That he is going to attract a lot of attention in America.
(c) That he looks like Santa.
(d) That he looks much older than she remembered.
2. What is Emily's mother's profession?
(a) She's a lawyer.
(b) She's a teacher.
(c) She's a doctor.
(d) She's a veterinarian.
3. What is the secret Emily shares with Amina and Soojin?
(a) She is angry at Julie.
(b) She is lonely.
(c) She likes Bradley.
(d) She likes Justin.
4. What is the excuse Baba gives to explain why Amina and Mustafa are not fluent in Urdu?
(a) The children have too much studying to do.
(b) The family is setting aside the traditional language in favor of English.
(c) There is no one to teach them.
(d) They are focusing on Arabic.
5. What does Soojin say when Emily is clearly uncomfortable talking in front of Amina?
(a) That they are all going to be best friends.
(b) That Emily should just leave.
(c) That they need to talk about their social studies project.
(d) That Amina can be trusted with anything.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luke shout at Emily in the lunchroom?
2. Why does Mama say Baba left the house so early the morning after the dinner party?
3. What does Soojin's name mean?
4. What is Soojin's reaction when Amina reveals that she accidentally told Bradley Emily's secret?
5. What does Amina realize about Emily after Luke embarrasses Emily during lunch?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)