|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Dike attempt suicide?
(a) By trying to drown himself.
(b) By slashing his wrists.
(c) By overdosing on Tylenol.
(d) By trying to hang himself.
2. What is Shan's party referred to as in Chapter 37?
(a) A ball.
(b) A salon.
(c) A wine-tasting.
(d) A barbecue.
3. Who says at the dinner party in Chapter 29 that in America blacks and whites work together, but don’t play together and that in England it is just the opposite?
4. Where does Boubacar work as a professor?
(a) Columbia University.
(b) Yale University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Howard University.
5. Where has Ifelemu slept for three nights in the beginning of Chapter 43?
(a) At a homeless shelter.
(b) At Blaine's house.
(c) On the floor of Dike's room.
(d) At her mother's house.
6. What does Ifemelu do after her parents leave from their visit in Chapter 32?
(a) Cries uncontrollably.
(b) Writes a letter to Obinze.
(c) Calls Curt.
(d) Calls Obinze.
7. Who says that African doctors should stay in Africa because they owe it to their country in Chapter 29?
(c) The Chief.
8. When Emenike meets Obinze in Chapter 29, he gives him an envelope of money. How much money is in the envelope compared to how much Obinze asked to borrow?
(a) There is three times as much money as Obinze asked for.
(b) There is half as much money as Obinze asked for.
(c) There is twice as much money as Obinze asked for.
(d) There is one third as much money as Obinze asked for.
9. Who among Ifemelu's old friends is described in Chapter 46 as "unrecognizable now, so fat that even her nose had changed shape"?
10. What sound permeates the air around Ranyinudo's apartment building in Chapter 44?
(a) The hum of chainsaws.
(b) The sound of waves.
(c) The buzzing of bees.
(d) The hum of generators.
11. What kind of phone does Obinze have and check repeatedly in Chapter 42?
(a) An Android.
(b) An iPhone.
(c) An old rotary phone.
(d) A Blackberry.
12. Whose death does Obinze describe in his email to Ifemelu in Chapter 42?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) Kosi's death.
(d) Aunty Uju's death.
13. What is the title of Ifemelu's blog post in the end of Chapter 31?
(a) “Why Dark-Skinned Black Women Both American and Non-American Love Barack Obama.”
(b) "Just This Evening."
(c) “A Michelle Obama Shout-Out Plus Hair as a Race Metaphor.”
(d) “Friendly Tips for the American Non-Black: How to React to an American Black Talking About Blackness.”
14. Where had Tochi lost her job, according to Ranyinudo in Chapter 44?
(a) A church.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) A bank.
15. Where is Obinze transferred to a cell where the conditions are deplorable in Chapter 30?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the man that Ranyinudo met and was attracted to at the wedding in Chapter 44?
2. Where does Dike tell Ifemelu she should go in the end of Chapter 43?
3. Where does Aunty Onenu live?
4. How is Ifemelu labeled after her first diversity conference?
5. What comfort food does Dike bring to Ifemelu after hearing of her breakup with Curt?
This section contains 530 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)