|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Shan's party referred to as in Chapter 37?
(a) A barbecue.
(b) A salon.
(c) A ball.
(d) A wine-tasting.
2. What reason does Ifemelu give Ginika for having broken up with Curt in Chapter 31?
(a) He is lazy and ineffectual.
(b) She didn't feel about him the way she wanted to.
(c) Curt cheated on her.
(d) He doesn't make enough money.
3. Where has Ifelemu slept for three nights in the beginning of Chapter 43?
(a) On the floor of Dike's room.
(b) At a homeless shelter.
(c) At Blaine's house.
(d) At her mother's house.
4. What is the name of Blaine's best friend from high school that comes to visit in Chapter 34?
5. What weekly treat if Obinze enjoying in the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) A cupcake.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) Expensive coffee.
(d) Fine wine.
6. Why does Obinze avoid reading English newspapers in Chapter 27?
(a) He can't stand English politics.
(b) He doesn't have enough money to buy them.
(c) The immigration articles frighten him.
(d) His wife would be angry if she saw them.
7. What is Ifemelu's impression of Lagos immediately after her return?
(a) Lagos is more beautiful than she remembered.
(b) Lagos is dirty.
(c) Lagos has gotten less populated.
(d) Lagos is full of wealthy people.
8. Who says that African doctors should stay in Africa because they owe it to their country in Chapter 29?
(c) The Chief.
9. Where does Aunty Onenu live?
10. What is the title of the blog that concludes Chapter 36?
(a) “Friendly Tips for the American Non-Black: How to React to an American Black Talking About Blackness.”
(b) “Obama Can Win Only If He Remains the Magic Negro.”
(c) “A Michelle Obama Shout-Out Plus Hair as a Race Metaphor.”
(d) "Traveling While Black."
11. Whose wedding has Ranyinudo just attended when she meets Ifemelu at the airport in Chapter 44?
12. What is Ifemelu's response when she is asked what she thinks of Obama at the party in Chapter 36?
(a) She says she is working on his campaign.
(b) She says he's an American hero.
(c) She says she likes Hillary Clinton.
(d) She says she hates him.
13. Where had Tochi lost her job, according to Ranyinudo in Chapter 44?
(a) A church.
(b) A bank.
(c) A school.
(d) A hospital.
14. What is demanded of Obinze by the immigration officer when he arrives in Lagos in Chapter 30?
(a) His passport.
(c) His ring.
(d) His birth certificate.
15. What does Roy tell Obinze to bring in to work in Chapter 28?
(a) His birth certificate.
(b) His suitcase.
(c) His wife.
(d) His passport.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Boubacar work as a professor?
2. Where is Boubacar from?
3. What is the name of Obinze's daughter?
4. What does Blaine do in reaction to the library guard who has been falsely arrested in Chapter 38?
5. What colors does Ranyinudo describe the wedding as having been that she just attended in Chapter 44?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)