|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Blaine's ex-girlfriend that reads one of Ifemelu's blog posts at the party in Chapter 36?
2. How long has Ifemelu been dating Blaine when she moves in with him in Chapter 34?
(a) One year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two years.
3. What is the name of the man that Ranyinudo met and was attracted to at the wedding in Chapter 44?
4. What is the title of the blog that concludes Chapter 36?
(a) "Traveling While Black."
(b) “Obama Can Win Only If He Remains the Magic Negro.”
(c) “A Michelle Obama Shout-Out Plus Hair as a Race Metaphor.”
(d) “Friendly Tips for the American Non-Black: How to React to an American Black Talking About Blackness.”
5. What does Ifemelu do after her parents leave from their visit in Chapter 32?
(a) Cries uncontrollably.
(b) Calls Curt.
(c) Writes a letter to Obinze.
(d) Calls Obinze.
6. What aspect of Aunty Onenu's home does Ranyinudo say is as big as her entire flat in Chapter 45?
(a) Her generator.
(b) Her living room.
(c) Her kitchen.
(d) Her bedroom.
7. What weekly treat if Obinze enjoying in the beginning of Chapter 27?
(a) Fine wine.
(b) An ice cream cone.
(c) Expensive coffee.
(d) A cupcake.
8. What is the subject of Ifemelu's blog in the end of Chapter 37?
(a) American views on immigration.
(b) Hillary Clinton's candidacy for President.
(c) The World Trade Center attacks.
(d) Obama as a biracial man.
9. Who says at the dinner party in Chapter 29 that in America blacks and whites work together, but don’t play together and that in England it is just the opposite?
10. For how long do Ifemelu and Dike go away for his birthday in Chapter 43?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 weeks.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 6 days.
11. Who comes to meet Obinze in Lagos when he is deported from England?
(c) Obinze's father.
(d) Obinze's mother.
12. What area is described in Chapter 47 as "the old Lagos, a slice of the past, a temple to the faded splendor of the colonial years"?
13. What is the name of the receptionist at the Zoe magazine office?
14. How did Dike attempt suicide?
(a) By trying to drown himself.
(b) By overdosing on Tylenol.
(c) By trying to hang himself.
(d) By slashing his wrists.
15. How many of her patients does Aunty Uju say have attempted suicide in Chapter 43?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dike tell Ifemelu she should go in the end of Chapter 43?
2. Where does Boubacar encourage Ifemelu to apply for a fellowship in Chapter 38?
3. What is Ifemelu's response when she is asked what she thinks of Obama at the party in Chapter 36?
4. What is the name of Obinze's daughter?
5. What crime has Dike been accused of committing in Chapter 39?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)