|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of phone does Obinze have and check repeatedly in Chapter 42?
(a) An iPhone.
(b) A Blackberry.
(c) An old rotary phone.
(d) An Android.
2. With whom does Ifemelu go to stay when Blaine stops talking to her in Chapter 38?
(c) Aunty Uju.
3. Who is the security guard at a library that is falsely arrested for dealing drugs in Chapter 38?
(a) Mr. White.
(b) Mr. James.
(c) Mr. Anderson.
(d) Mr. Smith.
4. What does Blaine do in reaction to the library guard who has been falsely arrested in Chapter 38?
(a) He calls for a boycott.
(b) He fires Mr. White.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) He organizes a protest.
5. What is Ifemelu's response when she is asked what she thinks of Obama at the party in Chapter 36?
(a) She says he's an American hero.
(b) She says she hates him.
(c) She says she likes Hillary Clinton.
(d) She says she is working on his campaign.
6. Where is the woman from that claims she dated a white man and that race was never an issue in Chapter 31?
7. Who returns from a medical mission in Nigeria to spend time with Dike in Chapter 43?
8. Whose death does Obinze describe in his email to Ifemelu in Chapter 42?
(a) Aunty Uju's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) Kosi's death.
(d) His father's death.
9. Where had Tochi lost her job, according to Ranyinudo in Chapter 44?
(a) A church.
(b) A hospital.
(c) A school.
(d) A bank.
10. What is the title of the blog that concludes Chapter 36?
(a) “Friendly Tips for the American Non-Black: How to React to an American Black Talking About Blackness.”
(b) “Obama Can Win Only If He Remains the Magic Negro.”
(c) "Traveling While Black."
(d) “A Michelle Obama Shout-Out Plus Hair as a Race Metaphor.”
11. Where did Ifemelu meet Tendai?
(a) At church.
(b) At a party.
(c) At a job interview.
(d) At the Chief's office.
12. What colors does Ranyinudo describe the wedding as having been that she just attended in Chapter 44?
(a) Yellow and green.
(b) Pink and blue.
(c) Orange and tapioca.
(d) Lime and peach.
13. How many of her patients does Aunty Uju say have attempted suicide in Chapter 43?
14. When Emenike meets Obinze in Chapter 29, he gives him an envelope of money. How much money is in the envelope compared to how much Obinze asked to borrow?
(a) There is half as much money as Obinze asked for.
(b) There is one third as much money as Obinze asked for.
(c) There is three times as much money as Obinze asked for.
(d) There is twice as much money as Obinze asked for.
15. What is Priye's profession in Chapter 44?
(a) She is an event planner.
(b) She is a doctor.
(c) She is a lawyer.
(d) She is a hairdresser.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Aunty Uju describe her patients that have attempted suicide in Chapter 43?
2. Who is Blaine's ex-girlfriend that reads one of Ifemelu's blog posts at the party in Chapter 36?
3. How are Blaine's eating habits described in Chapter 34?
4. What aspect of Aunty Onenu's home does Ranyinudo say is as big as her entire flat in Chapter 45?
5. What magazine does Aunty Onenu compare Zoe to in Chapter 45?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)