|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Obinze's daughter?
2. What is the title of Ifemelu's blog post that is read aloud at the party in Chapter 36?
(a) “Friendly Tips for the American Non-Black: How to React to an American Black Talking About Blackness.”
(b) “A Michelle Obama Shout-Out Plus Hair as a Race Metaphor.”
(c) “Obama Can Win Only If He Remains the Magic Negro.”
(d) “Why Dark-Skinned Black Women Both American and Non-American Love Barack Obama.”
3. What is the name of the man that Ranyinudo met and was attracted to at the wedding in Chapter 44?
4. Who says at the dinner party in Chapter 29 that in America blacks and whites work together, but don’t play together and that in England it is just the opposite?
5. Where is the woman from that claims she dated a white man and that race was never an issue in Chapter 31?
6. Where does Emenike meet Obinze in Chapter 29?
(a) At the riverbank.
(b) At a church.
(c) At his office.
(d) At a restaurant.
7. For how long do Ifemelu and Dike go away for his birthday in Chapter 43?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
8. How many of her patients does Aunty Uju say have attempted suicide in Chapter 43?
9. Where does Ifemelu take Dike for his birthday in Chapter 43?
(a) New York.
10. How is Ifemelu labeled after her first diversity conference?
(a) She is labeled as conservative.
(b) She is labeled as feminist.
(c) She is labeled as racist.
(d) She is labeled as socialist.
11. Where has Ifelemu slept for three nights in the beginning of Chapter 43?
(a) At Blaine's house.
(b) At a homeless shelter.
(c) On the floor of Dike's room.
(d) At her mother's house.
12. Where does Boubacar encourage Ifemelu to apply for a fellowship in Chapter 38?
(a) Howard University.
(b) Columbia University.
(c) Rutgers University.
(d) Princeton University.
13. What blog title is described in Chapter 42 as "the most personal post [Ifemelu] had written about the black American"?
(a) "Traveling While Black."
(b) "Just This Evening."
(c) “Why Dark-Skinned Black Women Both American and Non-American Love Barack Obama.”
(d) “A Michelle Obama Shout-Out Plus Hair as a Race Metaphor.”
14. Where does Dike tell Ifemelu she should go in the end of Chapter 43?
(a) To Princeton.
(b) To Philadelphia.
(c) To Nigeria.
(d) To Jamaica.
15. What is Priye's profession in Chapter 44?
(a) She is a doctor.
(b) She is an event planner.
(c) She is a lawyer.
(d) She is a hairdresser.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Ifemelu's blog in the end of Chapter 37?
2. With whom does Ifemelu go to stay when Blaine stops talking to her in Chapter 38?
3. Who says that African doctors should stay in Africa because they owe it to their country in Chapter 29?
4. How old does Dike become on his birthday in Chapter 43?
5. By what nickname does Ranyinudo call Ifemelu when she returns to Nigeria in Chapter 44?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)