|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how long has Ifemelu been in America when she sends Obinze a text to say she is returning to Nigeria in Chapter 1?
(a) 6 years.
(b) 4 years.
(c) 15 years.
(d) 12 years.
2. For how long has Ifemelu lived with Blaine when she tells him she's moving back to Nigeria in Chapter 1?
(a) 3 years.
(b) 6 years.
(c) 10 years.
(d) 1 year.
3. What does the narrator describe in Ifemelu's soul in Chapter 1?
4. What is the name of Obinze's wife in Chapter 2?
5. What is the name of Nicholas's wife?
6. Where is Aunty Uju's neighbor Jane from?
7. How is Curt related to Kimberly?
(a) He is her father.
(b) He is her brother.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) He is her son.
8. What is the name of the son Aunty Uju gives birth to in Chapter 6?
9. What sport does Ifemelu play with Dike when she visits in Chapter 17?
10. What does the narrator describe Princeton as smelling like in Chapter 1?
11. Why does Aunty Uju decide to relax her hair in Chapter 11?
(a) Because she is moving to California.
(b) Because she is interviewing for jobs.
(c) Because she is returning to Nigeria.
(d) Because her boyfriend told her to do so.
12. What term does Ginika say is an insult in America but a compliment in Nigeria in Chapter 12?
13. How old is Ifemelu when her mother cuts off all of her own hair?
14. What item is delivered by Obinze and his coworker to the elderly, disheveled man in Chapter 26?
(a) A piano.
(b) A refrigerator.
(c) A wardrobe.
(d) An oven.
15. Who does Obinze meet with to set up an arranged marriage in Chapter 23?
(a) The Angolans.
(b) The Namibians.
(c) The Haitians.
(d) The French.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many roommates does Ifemelu have at her new apartment in Chapter 12?
2. What does Ifemelu do in preparation for a job interview in Chapter 19?
3. What language does Nicholas speak at home with his children in Chapter 24?
4. Who leaves the braiding shop to pick up food in Chapter 3?
5. Who is the braider's boyfriend that agrees to come to speak to Ifemelu at the shop in Chapter 3?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)