|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Nicholas's wife?
2. What is the subject of Ifemelu's blog post in the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Obama's Presidential Election.
(b) Ralph Nader.
(c) The World Trade Center attacks.
(d) American Tribalism.
3. How old is Ifemelu when her mother cuts off all of her own hair?
4. Why is Ifemelu's father fired from his job in Chapter 3?
(a) Because he is moving to America.
(b) Because he refuses to call his boss "Mummy."
(c) Because he was caught stealing.
(d) Because he hit a man at work.
5. What language does Nicholas speak at home with his children in Chapter 24?
6. What is the name of the woman who braids Ifemelu's hair in Chapter 1?
7. What is Aunty Uju studying to become in America in Chapter 8?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A banker.
(c) An actor.
(d) A lawyer.
8. Who takes Ifemelu aside and talks to her about safe sex in Chapter 5?
(a) Ifemelu's mother.
(b) Obinze's mother.
(c) Aunty Uju.
9. Where is Ifemelu living in the beginning of Chapter 20?
10. Where does Ifemelu go in Chapter 1 to have her hair braided?
11. Who is Obinze arranged to marry in Chapter 23?
12. Of what Nigerian ethnic group is Ifemelu?
13. Where is Aunty Uju's neighbor Jane from?
14. Where does Obinze work for Roy Snell in Chapter 26?
(a) At a warehouse.
(b) At a cattle ranch.
(c) At a vineyard.
(d) At a bank.
15. Where is Aunty Uju sent to give birth in Chapter 6?
(a) To the United Kingdom.
(b) To France.
(c) To Canada.
(d) To the United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport does Ifemelu play with Dike when she visits in Chapter 17?
2. What happens to Ifemelu's hair in Chapter 20?
3. Who is the black American man that Ifemelu meets on the train in Chapter 17?
4. What item is delivered by Obinze and his coworker to the elderly, disheveled man in Chapter 26?
5. Which of his friends does Obinze call first for help in getting an NI number and work when he arrives in England?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)