|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What comfort food does Ifemelu associate with Nigeria?
(a) Chicken and peppers.
(b) Tapioca pudding.
(c) Goat stew.
(d) Bananas with peanuts.
2. What language does Nicholas speak at home with his children in Chapter 24?
3. Who is Obinze arranged to marry in Chapter 23?
4. Why does Aunty Uju decide to relax her hair in Chapter 11?
(a) Because her boyfriend told her to do so.
(b) Because she is returning to Nigeria.
(c) Because she is interviewing for jobs.
(d) Because she is moving to California.
5. What is the name of Nicholas's wife?
6. What film does Ifemelu watch in her History class in Chapter 14?
(a) Schindler's List.
(c) To Have and Have Not.
(d) Malcolm X.
7. Where is Aunty Uju's neighbor Jane from?
8. What is the name of Obinze's wife in Chapter 2?
9. Where is Ifemelu living in the beginning of Chapter 20?
10. Where do Obinize and Ifemelu attend university in Nigeria?
11. How is Curt related to Kimberly?
(a) He is her brother.
(b) He is her son.
(c) He is her father.
(d) He is her uncle.
12. Where does Aunty Uju move when she leaves Bartholomew in Chapter 21?
13. What is Obinze's boss called in Chapter 2?
(a) The Captain.
(b) The Chief.
(c) The Tribesman.
(d) The General.
14. How many comments trailed Ifemelu's last blog post, according to the narrator in Chapter 1?
15. Who has purchased Aunty Uju's new house in Chapter 3?
(a) The General.
(d) The Chief.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Ifemelu do in preparation for a job interview in Chapter 19?
2. Who is the black American man that Ifemelu meets on the train in Chapter 17?
3. Where is Blaine's home located in Chapter 1?
4. What does the organization name ASA stand for in Chapter 14?
5. How does Ifemelu perceive her physique in Chapter 1?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)