|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Aunty Uju sent to give birth in Chapter 6?
(a) To Canada.
(b) To the United Kingdom.
(c) To France.
(d) To the United States.
2. What does Dike say his camp counselor refused to give him because he didn't believe he needed it in Chapter 17?
(a) A tent.
(b) A bathroom pass.
(d) A ride to school.
3. What is the name of Nicholas's wife?
4. What does the narrator describe in Ifemelu's soul in Chapter 1?
5. What does Curt's mother compliment Ifemelu on when she meets her in Chapter 19?
(a) Her hair.
(b) Her lips.
(c) Her eyelashes.
(d) Her skin tone.
6. What does the author employ as a symbol of a person's place in society in the narrative?
(a) Hair colors.
7. How does the General die?
(a) He dies in a plane crash.
(b) He has a heart attack.
(c) He drowns in a river.
(d) He dies in a car crash.
8. What is the title of Ifemelu's blog post at the end of Chapter 20?
(a) "Just This Evening."
(b) “A Michelle Obama Shout-Out Plus Hair as a Race Metaphor.”
(c) “Friendly Tips for the American Non-Black: How to React to an American Black Talking About Blackness.”
(d) “Why Dark-Skinned Black Women Both American and Non-American Love Barack Obama.”
9. What is the profession of Obinze's mother in Chapter 4?
(a) She is a professor.
(b) She is a hairstylist.
(c) She is a jeweler.
(d) She is a banker.
10. What advice does Obinze give to Ifemelu to help her understand American culture in Chapter 14?
(a) To read American books.
(b) To relocate to Mississippi.
(c) To listen to American music.
(d) To watch American television shows.
11. Where does Ginika meet Ifemelu at the bus station in Chapter 12?
12. Who is Obinze's cousin that he lives with when he comes to England in Chapter 23?
13. What is the name of Obinze's wife in Chapter 2?
14. Who does Obinze meet with to set up an arranged marriage in Chapter 23?
(a) The Haitians.
(b) The Angolans.
(c) The French.
(d) The Namibians.
15. What has Curt's family been for hundreds of years?
Short Answer Questions
1. What item is delivered by Obinze and his coworker to the elderly, disheveled man in Chapter 26?
2. Who is the black American man that Ifemelu meets on the train in Chapter 17?
3. What percentage of his wages must Obinze give in exchange for using another man's NI number in Chapter 25?
4. For how long has Ifemelu lived with Blaine when she tells him she's moving back to Nigeria in Chapter 1?
5. What is Obinze's boss called in Chapter 2?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)