|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 5: Chapter 42 and Part 6: Chapter 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the braider's boyfriend that agrees to come to speak to Ifemelu at the shop in Chapter 3?
2. Who takes Ifemelu aside and talks to her about safe sex in Chapter 5?
(a) Aunty Uju.
(c) Obinze's mother.
(d) Ifemelu's mother.
3. Who comes to meet Obinze in Lagos when he is deported from England?
(b) Obinze's mother.
(c) Obinze's father.
4. Why does Aunty Uju decide to relax her hair in Chapter 11?
(a) Because her boyfriend told her to do so.
(b) Because she is moving to California.
(c) Because she is interviewing for jobs.
(d) Because she is returning to Nigeria.
5. Who is the Englishman that Obinze befriends and that shows him around London in Chapter 26?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane say the biggest difference is between her home country and America in Chapter 10?
2. What is Aunty Uju studying to become in America in Chapter 8?
3. Where is Obinze taking a train to when he finds himself surrounded by Nigerians in Chapter 27?
4. What is the title of the blog that concludes Chapter 36?
5. What does the author employ as a symbol of a person's place in society in the narrative?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)