|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 3-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Ifemelu when her mother cuts off all of her own hair?
2. Of what Nigerian ethnic group is Ifemelu?
3. What does the narrator describe Philadelphia as smelling like in Chapter 1?
4. Why is Ifemelu's father fired from his job in Chapter 3?
(a) Because he refuses to call his boss "Mummy."
(b) Because he hit a man at work.
(c) Because he was caught stealing.
(d) Because he is moving to America.
5. Who says in Chapter 5 that he doesn’t have a passport now, but his father has promised him one when he goes to America for university?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has purchased Aunty Uju's new house in Chapter 3?
2. Where has Obinze moved to Lagos from in Chapter 4?
3. Who does the narrator describe Obinze running into at the mall and her fawning over him due to his new-found wealth in Chapter 2?
4. What is the name of the woman who braids Ifemelu's hair in Chapter 1?
5. Where is Blaine's home located in Chapter 1?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)