|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7: Chapters 44-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sound permeates the air around Ranyinudo's apartment building in Chapter 44?
(a) The hum of generators.
(b) The hum of chainsaws.
(c) The buzzing of bees.
(d) The sound of waves.
2. What does Dike say his camp counselor refused to give him because he didn't believe he needed it in Chapter 17?
(b) A bathroom pass.
(c) A tent.
(d) A ride to school.
3. What term does Ginika say is an insult in America but a compliment in Nigeria in Chapter 12?
4. What blog title is described in Chapter 42 as "the most personal post [Ifemelu] had written about the black American"?
(a) “Why Dark-Skinned Black Women Both American and Non-American Love Barack Obama.”
(b) "Just This Evening."
(c) "Traveling While Black."
(d) “A Michelle Obama Shout-Out Plus Hair as a Race Metaphor.”
5. How does Obinze contact Tendai in Chapter 27?
(a) He sends her a text message.
(b) He sends her a telegram.
(c) He calls her.
(d) He writes her a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jane say the biggest difference is between her home country and America in Chapter 10?
2. Why does Obinze seek an arranged marriage in Chapter 23?
3. Who among Dike's friends bursts out sobbing and says to Ifemelu in Chapter 43, “I just can’t believe he didn’t reach out to me"?
4. Who does Obinze meet with to set up an arranged marriage in Chapter 23?
5. Where does Ranyinudo say guys buy houses after they've committed fraud in America and England in Chapter 44?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)