|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 7: Chapters 44-48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ifemelu do after her parents leave from their visit in Chapter 32?
(a) Calls Obinze.
(b) Calls Curt.
(c) Cries uncontrollably.
(d) Writes a letter to Obinze.
2. What blog title is described in Chapter 42 as "the most personal post [Ifemelu] had written about the black American"?
(a) “Why Dark-Skinned Black Women Both American and Non-American Love Barack Obama.”
(b) “A Michelle Obama Shout-Out Plus Hair as a Race Metaphor.”
(c) "Just This Evening."
(d) "Traveling While Black."
3. Why does Aunty Uju decide to relax her hair in Chapter 11?
(a) Because she is interviewing for jobs.
(b) Because she is returning to Nigeria.
(c) Because her boyfriend told her to do so.
(d) Because she is moving to California.
4. What is the subject of Ifemelu's blog post in the end of Chapter 17?
(a) American Tribalism.
(b) The World Trade Center attacks.
(c) Ralph Nader.
(d) Obama's Presidential Election.
5. What does the author employ as a symbol of a person's place in society in the narrative?
(b) Hair colors.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Obinze take when he first arrives in England?
2. Where had Tochi lost her job, according to Ranyinudo in Chapter 44?
3. Who returns from a medical mission in Nigeria to spend time with Dike in Chapter 43?
4. Where has Ifelemu slept for three nights in the beginning of Chapter 43?
5. What language does Nicholas speak at home with his children in Chapter 24?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)