|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2: Chapters 17-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator describe Princeton as smelling like in Chapter 1?
2. What does the narrator describe Philadelphia as smelling like in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Aunty Uju decide to relax her hair in Chapter 11?
(a) Because she is returning to Nigeria.
(b) Because her boyfriend told her to do so.
(c) Because she is interviewing for jobs.
(d) Because she is moving to California.
4. For how long has Aunty Uju been in America in the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) 10 years.
(b) 2 years.
(c) 6 months.
(d) 4 years.
5. Where is Blaine's home located in Chapter 1?
(b) New Haven.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Ifemelu go in Chapter 1 to have her hair braided?
2. What does Ifemelu do in preparation for a job interview in Chapter 19?
3. Who takes Ifemelu aside and talks to her about safe sex in Chapter 5?
4. Who is the braider's boyfriend that agrees to come to speak to Ifemelu at the shop in Chapter 3?
5. Who says in Chapter 5 that he doesn’t have a passport now, but his father has promised him one when he goes to America for university?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)