|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman decides against the gym killing spree because the ________ and the murder the night before has sated his urge to kill.
2. Who comes by to ask Bateman about the whereabouts of Paul Owen, leaving Bateman slightly nervous?
3. Who does Bateman kill before he runs off to the right building for his escape route?
4. Jean has a _____________ effect on Bateman, but Bateman isn't sure he wants that sort of effect in his life.
5. What shocks Bateman about the condition of Owen's apartment when he arrives there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
2. What does Bateman decide to do after he is done killing the two women in his apartment?
3. What does Bateman do one day when he meets up with Paul Owen for lunch?
4. What does Bateman decide to do when he realizes he does not have plans for dinner that evening?
5. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
6. Why does Bateman decide to go to dinner with his brother, even though he is not very close to him?
7. What happens to the man Bateman sees on the street, playing the saxophone?
8. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
9. What is the special dessert that Bateman has created for Evelyn when they are having dinner together?
10. What happens with the reservation that Bateman pretended to have in order to get into an exclusive restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman doesn't correct a fellow coworker who mistakes him for another man as he seems to want to take over the account himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman doesn't mind taking on the false identity?
Part 2: Do you think it's ethical to lie about who you are in order to get ahead in a job? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would have handled someone mistaking you for someone else? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman becomes outraged when Evelyn brings up the idea of getting married, though he has never mentioned marriage to her before.
Part 1: Why do you think Evelyn believes she and Bateman will one day get married?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman becomes so outraged with the idea of getting married to someone?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman is capable of getting married? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman does not have the strength to tell Jean that there would be no way to get a reservation at a high end restaurant on such short notice.
Part 1: Why do you think it matters to Bateman that he gets reservations at the best places?
Part 2: Why do you think Jean isn't worried or upset about the reservation snafu?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman doesn't feel the urgent need to kill Jean as he does with other women?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)