|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Luis do when Bateman tries to make him get away from him?
2. How does Bateman get the child to come with him when they are at the answer to #134?
3. After Bateman leaves, he realizes he does not have the strong urge to ____________ when he is with Jean.
4. Who becomes suspicious of Bateman when he is at the apartment, asking him to leave the premises?
5. Bateman tells the women to meet him at _______________________ where they run into each other.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
2. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
3. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
4. Why is Bateman bored as he is hanging out with McDermott and Taylor?
5. What does Bateman's mother say to him when Bateman goes out to the assisted living facility to visit her?
6. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
7. What does Bateman find about his feelings toward Jean after he leaves her at her apartment building?
8. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
9. What adds to Bateman's frustration about the night he is spending at Nell's with some other men?
10. How does Bateman ensnare the child when he decides to go to the zoo one day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman seems to be a killer of opportunity rather than one who plans ahead of time.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman kills men and their dogs so often in this book?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman doesn't plan his kills ahead of time, though he seems to be so regimented in the rest of his life?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman likes to kill a particular sort of person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman decides to go out with his college sweetheart, though he is very nervous during the date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman is nervous about being with his college sweetheart?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman decides to torture Bethany after taking her to his place?
Part 3: What do you think this scene seems to say about Bateman's feelings of inadequacy? Or does he not feel inadequate? Why?
Essay Topic 3
When Bateman tries to kill Luis, he stops himself when Luis interprets it as a sign of affection.
Part 1: Why do you think Luis doesn't interpret being choked by Bateman as a bad thing?
Part 2: Do you think you would be as forgiving as Luis if Bateman tried to choke you? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's normal for Luis to have the reaction he does to his almost-murder? Why or why not?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)