|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes suspicious of Bateman when he is at the apartment, asking him to leave the premises?
2. What does Bateman end up smearing all over the walls of his apartment in frustration with his experiment?
3. When Bateman sees a man playing a __________ outside of the club, he goes up to him and shoots him in the head.
4. Who calls and yells at Bateman for forgetting a dinner date which was planned in advance?
5. A few days before Christmas, Bateman takes Jeanette for ________________ on his way to the airport.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman call his lawyer and say when he completes his killing spree one evening?
2. What does Bateman notice happening between Courtney and McDermott when he is out with the both of them?
3. What does Ted Bundy reveal in his letters to his fiancee as Bateman hears them read on the Patty Winters show?
4. What happens with the reservation that Bateman pretended to have in order to get into an exclusive restaurant?
5. What does Bateman find about his feelings toward Jean after he leaves her at her apartment building?
6. Why does Bateman decide to go to dinner with his brother, even though he is not very close to him?
7. What does Bateman discover when he goes back to look at the body of Paul Owen?
8. What happens when Bateman goes to Smith & Wollensky with McDermott? What does Bateman fail to do?
9. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
10. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men in the book seem focused on materials, women, and on getting drugs as well.
Part 1: Do you think the lifestyle of the men in this book is one which is considered to be ideal in today's society? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you perceive the men in this book? Would you be friends with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the men in this book seem only to be interested in pleasure?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman seems to be a killer of opportunity rather than one who plans ahead of time.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman kills men and their dogs so often in this book?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman doesn't plan his kills ahead of time, though he seems to be so regimented in the rest of his life?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman likes to kill a particular sort of person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Luis continues to be obsessed with Bateman as the story goes on, even though it's clear Bateman does not feel the same way.
Part 1: What does this romantic sort of story line reveal about Bateman's feelings toward homosexuality? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think that Luis is still so obsessed with being with Bateman?
Part 3: What do you think you would do if someone was obsessed with you and you did not feel the same way?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)