|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bateman get the child to come with him when they are at the answer to #134?
2. A few days before Christmas, Bateman takes Jeanette for ________________ on his way to the airport.
3. Who suggests that Bateman does not look happy when he goes out to visit this person?
4. Where does Bateman go even though he has left the bodies of the two women alone in this apartment?
5. ___________ arranges for dinner at Dorsia, proving to Bateman that he has the clout to get in.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
2. What does Bateman do with the body of Paul Owen after he murders him? Where does he put it?
3. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
4. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
5. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
6. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
7. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
8. What happens to the man Bateman sees on the street, playing the saxophone?
9. What adds to Bateman's frustration about the night he is spending at Nell's with some other men?
10. What does Ted Bundy reveal in his letters to his fiancee as Bateman hears them read on the Patty Winters show?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For some reason, Jean seems to have a calming effect on Bateman as they continue to date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman can see himself settling down with Jean?
Part 2: Do you think that Bateman and Jean are a good match? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Bateman doesn't necessarily want to be calmed down by anyone?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the novel, Tim Price is talking nonstop about the world, filling up the air with meaningless conversation.
Part 1: Why do you think Price felt the need to keep talking while riding in a taxi with Bateman?
Part 2: Do you think that you always need to talk in order to fill up quiet time in a conversation? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would behave when you were in a car with a person like Bateman? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the book, names from the late 1980s are mentioned in the narrative by Bateman.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important for Bateman to name names in this book?
Part 2: How do you feel about someone who seems to be a name-dropper, or someone who is only interested in talking about the 'cool' people he knows or meets?
Part 3: Do you think that being obsessed with pop culture is a good thing? Why or why not?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)