|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman spends the rest of his summer going from one ______________ to another to pass the time.
2. What does Bateman share with Jean that he really hasn't shared with anyone else in his life?
3. Why wasn't Bateman able to get a reservation at Dorsia as he had hoped he would?
4. Who is Courtney planning on marrying soon, according to the narrative in the text?
5. How does Bateman end up killing the child when they are at the location from #134?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
2. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
3. What happens when Bateman goes to Smith & Wollensky with McDermott? What does Bateman fail to do?
4. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
5. What does Bateman discover when he goes back to look at the body of Paul Owen?
6. What does Bateman's mother say to him when Bateman goes out to the assisted living facility to visit her?
7. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
8. How does Bateman ensnare the child when he decides to go to the zoo one day?
9. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
10. What happens with the reservation that Bateman pretended to have in order to get into an exclusive restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though he has dead bodies in his apartment, Bateman goes out shopping for something at Barney's.
Part 1: Do you think Bateman ever feels guilt for the killings he has committed? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman feels comfortable leaving the dead bodies unsupervised?
Part 3: If you were in Bateman's shoes, would you have disposed of the bodies before leaving the apartment for a while? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
In the beginning of the novel, Tim Price is talking nonstop about the world, filling up the air with meaningless conversation.
Part 1: Why do you think Price felt the need to keep talking while riding in a taxi with Bateman?
Part 2: Do you think that you always need to talk in order to fill up quiet time in a conversation? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would behave when you were in a car with a person like Bateman? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Courtney is overly concerned about using protection when she and Bateman are having sex, almost in an obsessive way.
Part 1: Why do you think Courtney is so obsessed about the protection used during sex?
Part 2: Do you think it's normal to be so obsessed about what protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel you are someone who is concerned about how much protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)