|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the prostitute from the meat packing district agree to go back with Bateman, even after the last time's events?
2. Where does Bateman's dinner partner want to go, though Bateman realizes he will be unable to secure reservations there?
3. What does Bateman end up smearing all over the walls of his apartment in frustration with his experiment?
4. Who is the 1980s band that Bateman discusses in detail after the scene with the police officers and the escape?
5. Where does Bateman look in order to try to fake a reservation at Dorsia when he takes his date there?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
2. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
3. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
4. What does Ted Bundy reveal in his letters to his fiancee as Bateman hears them read on the Patty Winters show?
5. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
6. What happens with the reservation that Bateman pretended to have in order to get into an exclusive restaurant?
7. Why is Bateman bored as he is hanging out with McDermott and Taylor?
8. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
9. What adds to Bateman's frustration about the night he is spending at Nell's with some other men?
10. Why does Bateman not end up shooting and killing everyone at the gym where he works out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, names from the late 1980s are mentioned in the narrative by Bateman.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important for Bateman to name names in this book?
Part 2: How do you feel about someone who seems to be a name-dropper, or someone who is only interested in talking about the 'cool' people he knows or meets?
Part 3: Do you think that being obsessed with pop culture is a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman tells a girl that he feels the need to hurt her, so she should leave before anything happens.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman chose to let that woman know that she should leave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone told you they were afraid they might hurt you?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman has the ability to stop killing other people? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Bateman tries to kill Luis, he stops himself when Luis interprets it as a sign of affection.
Part 1: Why do you think Luis doesn't interpret being choked by Bateman as a bad thing?
Part 2: Do you think you would be as forgiving as Luis if Bateman tried to choke you? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's normal for Luis to have the reaction he does to his almost-murder? Why or why not?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)