|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman decides against the gym killing spree because the ________ and the murder the night before has sated his urge to kill.
2. What does Bateman use to pay for the meal, which makes him feel like he might be better than his dinner partner?
3. During the phone call about dinner, both Evelyn and ____________ call Bateman to make plans that night.
4. Who suggests that Bateman does not look happy when he goes out to visit this person?
5. Bateman is not close to _____________ and he would not normally have dinner with him.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman seems to be overly concerned about material possessions and about having the best of everything.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman and his friends care so much about material possessions?
Part 2: How do you feel about material possessions? Why?
Part 3: Is a person who is always focused on material possessions always superficial? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The men seem to enjoy teasing homeless men with money and then not giving it to them. This happens frequently in the novel.
Part 1: Why do you think the men like to tease the homeless men with money?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if one of your friends did this? Why?
Part 3: How do you behave when you pass homeless people on the street? Why?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the novel, Tim Price is talking nonstop about the world, filling up the air with meaningless conversation.
Part 1: Why do you think Price felt the need to keep talking while riding in a taxi with Bateman?
Part 2: Do you think that you always need to talk in order to fill up quiet time in a conversation? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would behave when you were in a car with a person like Bateman? Why?
This section contains 1,695 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)