|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jean react when it's clear that Bateman does not have a reservation for the first restaurant?
2. Who does Bateman suggest will be a powerhouse and a great star someday, according to his personal opinion?
3. Who decides to go get drugs in order to liven things up at Nell's since things are pretty dull for the group?
4. What does Bateman use in order to keep Luis away from him so that he can go home without incident?
5. What does Bateman try to use in order to escape from the police during his killing spree?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman decide to do when he realizes he does not have plans for dinner that evening?
2. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
3. What does Bateman call his lawyer and say when he completes his killing spree one evening?
4. Why does Bateman decide to go to dinner with his brother, even though he is not very close to him?
5. What does Bateman find about his feelings toward Jean after he leaves her at her apartment building?
6. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
7. What does Bateman do one day when he meets up with Paul Owen for lunch?
8. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
9. What does Bateman decide to do after he is done killing the two women in his apartment?
10. What happens when Bateman goes to Smith & Wollensky with McDermott? What does Bateman fail to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman decides to go out with his college sweetheart, though he is very nervous during the date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman is nervous about being with his college sweetheart?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman decides to torture Bethany after taking her to his place?
Part 3: What do you think this scene seems to say about Bateman's feelings of inadequacy? Or does he not feel inadequate? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman seems to be overly concerned about material possessions and about having the best of everything.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman and his friends care so much about material possessions?
Part 2: How do you feel about material possessions? Why?
Part 3: Is a person who is always focused on material possessions always superficial? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
The men in the book seem focused on materials, women, and on getting drugs as well.
Part 1: Do you think the lifestyle of the men in this book is one which is considered to be ideal in today's society? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you perceive the men in this book? Would you be friends with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the men in this book seem only to be interested in pleasure?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)