|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman is in bed with ____________ and it seems their relationship is beginning to end.
2. Bateman notices there is a mild flirtation going on between Courtney and ______________, but it does not upset him.
3. Evelyn believes that her special present has come from ___________ because of the box it is in.
4. How does Bateman end up killing Paul Owen, after revealing his true identity to him?
5. Bateman decides against the gym killing spree because the ________ and the murder the night before has sated his urge to kill.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
2. What happens to the man Bateman sees on the street, playing the saxophone?
3. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
4. Why is Luis moving back to Arizona, according to Luis when he runs into Bateman at Barney's?
5. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
6. Why does Bateman not end up shooting and killing everyone at the gym where he works out?
7. What does Bateman do one day when he meets up with Paul Owen for lunch?
8. What does Bateman notice happening between Courtney and McDermott when he is out with the both of them?
9. What does Bateman's mother say to him when Bateman goes out to the assisted living facility to visit her?
10. How does Bateman ensnare the child when he decides to go to the zoo one day?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courtney is overly concerned about using protection when she and Bateman are having sex, almost in an obsessive way.
Part 1: Why do you think Courtney is so obsessed about the protection used during sex?
Part 2: Do you think it's normal to be so obsessed about what protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel you are someone who is concerned about how much protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman seems to be overly concerned about material possessions and about having the best of everything.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman and his friends care so much about material possessions?
Part 2: How do you feel about material possessions? Why?
Part 3: Is a person who is always focused on material possessions always superficial? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman tells a girl that he feels the need to hurt her, so she should leave before anything happens.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman chose to let that woman know that she should leave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone told you they were afraid they might hurt you?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman has the ability to stop killing other people? Why or why not?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)