|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman wanders around the city and finds himself at a ____________ for another killing.
2. What is the surprise that Bateman has actually disguised for Evelyn to eat as a sort of prank?
3. Bateman notices there is a mild flirtation going on between Courtney and ______________, but it does not upset him.
4. Where does Bateman decide to go in order to check up on the mess he's left there?
5. What does Bateman accept the delivery of when he also notices that he has a rat in his bathroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
2. Why is Bateman bored as he is hanging out with McDermott and Taylor?
3. What does Bateman's mother say to him when Bateman goes out to the assisted living facility to visit her?
4. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
5. What does Ted Bundy reveal in his letters to his fiancee as Bateman hears them read on the Patty Winters show?
6. Why does Bateman not end up shooting and killing everyone at the gym where he works out?
7. What does Bateman do one day when he meets up with Paul Owen for lunch?
8. What does Bateman decide to do when he realizes he does not have plans for dinner that evening?
9. What does Bateman call his lawyer and say when he completes his killing spree one evening?
10. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men seem to enjoy teasing homeless men with money and then not giving it to them. This happens frequently in the novel.
Part 1: Why do you think the men like to tease the homeless men with money?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if one of your friends did this? Why?
Part 3: How do you behave when you pass homeless people on the street? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman becomes outraged when Evelyn brings up the idea of getting married, though he has never mentioned marriage to her before.
Part 1: Why do you think Evelyn believes she and Bateman will one day get married?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman becomes so outraged with the idea of getting married to someone?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman is capable of getting married? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
When Bateman tries to kill Luis, he stops himself when Luis interprets it as a sign of affection.
Part 1: Why do you think Luis doesn't interpret being choked by Bateman as a bad thing?
Part 2: Do you think you would be as forgiving as Luis if Bateman tried to choke you? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's normal for Luis to have the reaction he does to his almost-murder? Why or why not?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)