|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Tim Price reappears, seemingly the same except there is a ______________ that Bateman tries to ignore.
2. How does Bateman end up killing Paul Owen, after revealing his true identity to him?
3. Finally at dinner, Bateman tells Evelyn that their relationship ______________ and he no longer wants to see her.
4. Who decides to go get drugs in order to liven things up at Nell's since things are pretty dull for the group?
5. Who does Bateman run into after he and his friends leave Nell's that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bateman not end up shooting and killing everyone at the gym where he works out?
2. What does Bateman do one day when he meets up with Paul Owen for lunch?
3. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
4. What does Bateman attempt to do with the body of the girl he met at the club and then killed?
5. What does Bateman decide to do after he is done killing the two women in his apartment?
6. What does Bateman discover when he goes back to look at the body of Paul Owen?
7. What happens when Bateman goes to Smith & Wollensky with McDermott? What does Bateman fail to do?
8. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
9. Why is Luis moving back to Arizona, according to Luis when he runs into Bateman at Barney's?
10. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman decides to give Evelyn a chocolate covered urinal cake to play a mean prank on her.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman decided to try to give Evelyn this disgusting dessert?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman doesn't get the satisfaction he expected from this prank of sorts?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman has the ability to care about anyone in his life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Luis continues to be obsessed with Bateman as the story goes on, even though it's clear Bateman does not feel the same way.
Part 1: What does this romantic sort of story line reveal about Bateman's feelings toward homosexuality? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think that Luis is still so obsessed with being with Bateman?
Part 3: What do you think you would do if someone was obsessed with you and you did not feel the same way?
Essay Topic 3
Even though he has dead bodies in his apartment, Bateman goes out shopping for something at Barney's.
Part 1: Do you think Bateman ever feels guilt for the killings he has committed? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman feels comfortable leaving the dead bodies unsupervised?
Part 3: If you were in Bateman's shoes, would you have disposed of the bodies before leaving the apartment for a while? Why or why not?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)