|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why wasn't Bateman able to get a reservation at Dorsia as he had hoped he would?
2. What does Bateman use to pay for the meal, which makes him feel like he might be better than his dinner partner?
3. Where does Bateman decide to go in order to check up on the mess he's left there?
4. What happens during the lunch between Paul Owen and Patrick Bateman?
5. What does Bateman fail to order when he goes out with McDermott to Smith & Wollensky?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Bateman ensnare the child when he decides to go to the zoo one day?
2. What happens to the man Bateman sees on the street, playing the saxophone?
3. What does Bateman discover when he goes back to look at the body of Paul Owen?
4. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
5. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
6. What does Bateman decide to do after he is done killing the two women in his apartment?
7. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
8. Why is Luis moving back to Arizona, according to Luis when he runs into Bateman at Barney's?
9. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
10. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men in the book seem focused on materials, women, and on getting drugs as well.
Part 1: Do you think the lifestyle of the men in this book is one which is considered to be ideal in today's society? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you perceive the men in this book? Would you be friends with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the men in this book seem only to be interested in pleasure?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman seems to be a person who is very methodical in the way he approaches his life.
Part 1: Do you think it's a normal behavior to have a very rigid schedule? Why or why not?
Part 2: What do you think would happen if Bateman was not able to follow each of the rigid steps in his everyday schedule? Why?
Part 3: How do you think the rigid cleaning schedule of Bateman helps him in his life? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman decides to give Evelyn a chocolate covered urinal cake to play a mean prank on her.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman decided to try to give Evelyn this disgusting dessert?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman doesn't get the satisfaction he expected from this prank of sorts?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman has the ability to care about anyone in his life? Why or why not?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)