|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who ended up falling asleep at Nell's, because of how boring the scene was?
2. Evelyn believes that her special present has come from ___________ because of the box it is in.
3. Who does Bateman have lunch with, though he is terribly nervous and awkward in spite of the person being patient with him?
4. Who suggests that Bateman does not look happy when he goes out to visit this person?
5. Who decides to go get drugs in order to liven things up at Nell's since things are pretty dull for the group?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
2. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
3. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
4. What does Bateman find about his feelings toward Jean after he leaves her at her apartment building?
5. Why is Luis moving back to Arizona, according to Luis when he runs into Bateman at Barney's?
6. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
7. What does Bateman do one day when he meets up with Paul Owen for lunch?
8. What does Bateman attempt to do with the body of the girl he met at the club and then killed?
9. What is the special dessert that Bateman has created for Evelyn when they are having dinner together?
10. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Bateman confesses to the horrific things he has done, everyone he tells refuses to believe him.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman even feels the need to confess for the crimes he has committed?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman's friends and lawyer don't believe that he could ever be a killer?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if Bateman told you that he was a killer? Would you believe him if you knew him?
Essay Topic 2
The men in the book seem focused on materials, women, and on getting drugs as well.
Part 1: Do you think the lifestyle of the men in this book is one which is considered to be ideal in today's society? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you perceive the men in this book? Would you be friends with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the men in this book seem only to be interested in pleasure?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman decides to go out with his college sweetheart, though he is very nervous during the date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman is nervous about being with his college sweetheart?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman decides to torture Bethany after taking her to his place?
Part 3: What do you think this scene seems to say about Bateman's feelings of inadequacy? Or does he not feel inadequate? Why?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)