|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who happens to witness the shooting of the musician though Bateman didn't see him there before shooting?
2. Evelyn believes that her special present has come from ___________ because of the box it is in.
3. Who is Courtney planning on marrying soon, according to the narrative in the text?
4. Who comes by to ask Bateman about the whereabouts of Paul Owen, leaving Bateman slightly nervous?
5. Finally at dinner, Bateman tells Evelyn that their relationship ______________ and he no longer wants to see her.
Essay Topic 1
Bateman becomes outraged when Evelyn brings up the idea of getting married, though he has never mentioned marriage to her before.
Part 1: Why do you think Evelyn believes she and Bateman will one day get married?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman becomes so outraged with the idea of getting married to someone?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman is capable of getting married? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
While Bateman confesses to the horrific things he has done, everyone he tells refuses to believe him.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman even feels the need to confess for the crimes he has committed?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman's friends and lawyer don't believe that he could ever be a killer?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if Bateman told you that he was a killer? Would you believe him if you knew him?
Essay Topic 3
Even though he has dead bodies in his apartment, Bateman goes out shopping for something at Barney's.
Part 1: Do you think Bateman ever feels guilt for the killings he has committed? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman feels comfortable leaving the dead bodies unsupervised?
Part 3: If you were in Bateman's shoes, would you have disposed of the bodies before leaving the apartment for a while? Why or why not?
This section contains 1,684 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)