Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A few days before Christmas, Bateman takes Jeanette for ________________ on his way to the airport.
2. Who is Courtney planning on marrying soon, according to the narrative in the text?
3. What does Bateman discover at the place he goes to visit that was not there before?
4. Who becomes suspicious of Bateman when he is at the apartment, asking him to leave the premises?
5. Where does Bateman spend a few weeks along with Evelyn at Tim Price's home?
In the beginning of the novel, Tim Price is talking nonstop about the world, filling up the air with meaningless conversation.
Part 1: Why do you think Price felt the need to keep talking while riding in a taxi with Bateman?
Part 2: Do you think that you always need to talk in order to fill up quiet time in a conversation? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would behave when you were in a car with a person like Bateman? Why?
Bateman seems to be a person who is very methodical in the way he approaches his life.
Part 1: Do you think it's a normal behavior to have a very rigid schedule? Why or why not?
Part 2: What do you think would happen if Bateman was not able to follow each of the rigid steps in his everyday schedule? Why?
Part 3: How do you think the rigid cleaning schedule of Bateman helps him in his life? Why?
Bateman tells a girl that he feels the need to hurt her, so she should leave before anything happens.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman chose to let that woman know that she should leave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone told you they were afraid they might hurt you?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman has the ability to stop killing other people? Why or why not?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)