Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. A few days before Christmas, Bateman takes Jeanette for ________________ on his way to the airport.
2. Who is Courtney planning on marrying soon, according to the narrative in the text?
3. What does Bateman discover at the place he goes to visit that was not there before?
4. Who becomes suspicious of Bateman when he is at the apartment, asking him to leave the premises?
5. Where does Bateman spend a few weeks along with Evelyn at Tim Price's home?
Essay Topic 1
Bateman does not have the strength to tell Jean that there would be no way to get a reservation at a high end restaurant on such short notice.
Part 1: Why do you think it matters to Bateman that he gets reservations at the best places?
Part 2: Why do you think Jean isn't worried or upset about the reservation snafu?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman doesn't feel the urgent need to kill Jean as he does with other women?
Essay Topic 2
When Bateman tries to kill Luis, he stops himself when Luis interprets it as a sign of affection.
Part 1: Why do you think Luis doesn't interpret being choked by Bateman as a bad thing?
Part 2: Do you think you would be as forgiving as Luis if Bateman tried to choke you? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's normal for Luis to have the reaction he does to his almost-murder? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman decides to go out with his college sweetheart, though he is very nervous during the date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman is nervous about being with his college sweetheart?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman decides to torture Bethany after taking her to his place?
Part 3: What do you think this scene seems to say about Bateman's feelings of inadequacy? Or does he not feel inadequate? Why?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)