|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Evelyn and Batemen are restless on vacation, missing the _____________ of the city.
2. The taxi driver that recognizes Bateman from the other night takes him under a bridge and ______________.
3. What does Luis do when Bateman tries to make him get away from him?
4. Why did the prostitute from the meat packing district agree to go back with Bateman, even after the last time's events?
5. Bateman wanders around the city and finds himself at a ____________ for another killing.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
2. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
3. What does Bateman decide to do after he is done killing the two women in his apartment?
4. What is the special dessert that Bateman has created for Evelyn when they are having dinner together?
5. What happens with the reservation that Bateman pretended to have in order to get into an exclusive restaurant?
6. Why is Bateman bored as he is hanging out with McDermott and Taylor?
7. Why does Bateman not end up shooting and killing everyone at the gym where he works out?
8. How does Bateman ensnare the child when he decides to go to the zoo one day?
9. Why is Luis moving back to Arizona, according to Luis when he runs into Bateman at Barney's?
10. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, names from the late 1980s are mentioned in the narrative by Bateman.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important for Bateman to name names in this book?
Part 2: How do you feel about someone who seems to be a name-dropper, or someone who is only interested in talking about the 'cool' people he knows or meets?
Part 3: Do you think that being obsessed with pop culture is a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
For some reason, Jean seems to have a calming effect on Bateman as they continue to date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman can see himself settling down with Jean?
Part 2: Do you think that Bateman and Jean are a good match? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Bateman doesn't necessarily want to be calmed down by anyone?
Essay Topic 3
When Bateman tries to kill Luis, he stops himself when Luis interprets it as a sign of affection.
Part 1: Why do you think Luis doesn't interpret being choked by Bateman as a bad thing?
Part 2: Do you think you would be as forgiving as Luis if Bateman tried to choke you? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's normal for Luis to have the reaction he does to his almost-murder? Why or why not?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)