|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bateman give to Jean at the end of the night of their first date together?
2. Who suggests that Bateman does not look happy when he goes out to visit this person?
3. Who does Bateman suggest will be a powerhouse and a great star someday, according to his personal opinion?
4. Bateman tells the women to meet him at _______________________ where they run into each other.
5. Bateman notices there is a mild flirtation going on between Courtney and ______________, but it does not upset him.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman call his lawyer and say when he completes his killing spree one evening?
2. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
3. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
4. What happens to the man Bateman sees on the street, playing the saxophone?
5. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
6. What does Bateman's mother say to him when Bateman goes out to the assisted living facility to visit her?
7. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
8. What does Bateman do one day when he meets up with Paul Owen for lunch?
9. What happens with the reservation that Bateman pretended to have in order to get into an exclusive restaurant?
10. Why is Luis moving back to Arizona, according to Luis when he runs into Bateman at Barney's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men in the book seem focused on materials, women, and on getting drugs as well.
Part 1: Do you think the lifestyle of the men in this book is one which is considered to be ideal in today's society? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you perceive the men in this book? Would you be friends with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the men in this book seem only to be interested in pleasure?
Essay Topic 2
Evelyn hires midgets to be the wait staff at a party she throws, for the spectacle, it seems.
Part 1: How did you react when you first read that Evelyn hired midgets to staff her part?
Part 2: Do you think it's offensive to objectify other people for their differences? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about Evelyn as a person after seeing her taste in wait staff?
Essay Topic 3
In the beginning of the novel, Tim Price is talking nonstop about the world, filling up the air with meaningless conversation.
Part 1: Why do you think Price felt the need to keep talking while riding in a taxi with Bateman?
Part 2: Do you think that you always need to talk in order to fill up quiet time in a conversation? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would behave when you were in a car with a person like Bateman? Why?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)