|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bateman end up killing Paul Owen, after revealing his true identity to him?
2. Bateman tells the women to meet him at _______________________ where they run into each other.
3. ____________ seems to have forgiven Bateman for his relationship with Jean when they are out at dinner together.
4. Why doesn't Bateman end up eating the girl that he met and then killed at the club?
5. How many children has Bateman had to have aborted, according to his own confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bateman decide to go to dinner with his brother, even though he is not very close to him?
2. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
3. What does Bateman find about his feelings toward Jean after he leaves her at her apartment building?
4. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
5. What does Bateman do with the body of Paul Owen after he murders him? Where does he put it?
6. What does Bateman's mother say to him when Bateman goes out to the assisted living facility to visit her?
7. What does Bateman decide to do when he realizes he does not have plans for dinner that evening?
8. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
9. What adds to Bateman's frustration about the night he is spending at Nell's with some other men?
10. Why does Bateman not end up shooting and killing everyone at the gym where he works out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Bateman confesses to the horrific things he has done, everyone he tells refuses to believe him.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman even feels the need to confess for the crimes he has committed?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman's friends and lawyer don't believe that he could ever be a killer?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if Bateman told you that he was a killer? Would you believe him if you knew him?
Essay Topic 2
Courtney is overly concerned about using protection when she and Bateman are having sex, almost in an obsessive way.
Part 1: Why do you think Courtney is so obsessed about the protection used during sex?
Part 2: Do you think it's normal to be so obsessed about what protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel you are someone who is concerned about how much protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman decides to go out with his college sweetheart, though he is very nervous during the date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman is nervous about being with his college sweetheart?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman decides to torture Bethany after taking her to his place?
Part 3: What do you think this scene seems to say about Bateman's feelings of inadequacy? Or does he not feel inadequate? Why?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)