|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bateman sees a man playing a __________ outside of the club, he goes up to him and shoots him in the head.
2. How does Bateman end up killing the child when they are at the location from #134?
3. How does Bateman end up killing Paul Owen, after revealing his true identity to him?
4. Bateman is looking at the rat he killed while talking to _____________ and Hamlin about where they want to eat dinner.
5. How many children has Bateman had to have aborted, according to his own confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
2. What adds to Bateman's frustration about the night he is spending at Nell's with some other men?
3. How does Jean respond to the incident with the restaurant and the reservation snafu?
4. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
5. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
6. How does Bateman ensnare the child when he decides to go to the zoo one day?
7. What does Bateman decide to do after he is done killing the two women in his apartment?
8. Why is Luis moving back to Arizona, according to Luis when he runs into Bateman at Barney's?
9. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
10. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout the book, names from the late 1980s are mentioned in the narrative by Bateman.
Part 1: Why do you think it's important for Bateman to name names in this book?
Part 2: How do you feel about someone who seems to be a name-dropper, or someone who is only interested in talking about the 'cool' people he knows or meets?
Part 3: Do you think that being obsessed with pop culture is a good thing? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Evelyn hires midgets to be the wait staff at a party she throws, for the spectacle, it seems.
Part 1: How did you react when you first read that Evelyn hired midgets to staff her part?
Part 2: Do you think it's offensive to objectify other people for their differences? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about Evelyn as a person after seeing her taste in wait staff?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman tells a girl that he feels the need to hurt her, so she should leave before anything happens.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman chose to let that woman know that she should leave?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if someone told you they were afraid they might hurt you?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman has the ability to stop killing other people? Why or why not?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)