|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman ends up killing the two girls at the start of the section with knives and the _______________.
2. Bateman is in bed with ____________ and it seems their relationship is beginning to end.
3. Who suggests that Bateman does not look happy when he goes out to visit this person?
4. ___________ arranges for dinner at Dorsia, proving to Bateman that he has the clout to get in.
5. Where does Bateman then leave his next two victims without bothering to clean up his mess?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Bateman goes to Smith & Wollensky with McDermott? What does Bateman fail to do?
2. What does Ted Bundy reveal in his letters to his fiancee as Bateman hears them read on the Patty Winters show?
3. What is the special dessert that Bateman has created for Evelyn when they are having dinner together?
4. What adds to Bateman's frustration about the night he is spending at Nell's with some other men?
5. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
6. Why does Bateman decide to go to dinner with his brother, even though he is not very close to him?
7. What does Bateman use to torture the two women who he brings back to his apartment during the first part of this section?
8. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
9. What does Bateman attempt to do with the body of the girl he met at the club and then killed?
10. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though he has dead bodies in his apartment, Bateman goes out shopping for something at Barney's.
Part 1: Do you think Bateman ever feels guilt for the killings he has committed? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman feels comfortable leaving the dead bodies unsupervised?
Part 3: If you were in Bateman's shoes, would you have disposed of the bodies before leaving the apartment for a while? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The men seem to enjoy teasing homeless men with money and then not giving it to them. This happens frequently in the novel.
Part 1: Why do you think the men like to tease the homeless men with money?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if one of your friends did this? Why?
Part 3: How do you behave when you pass homeless people on the street? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Evelyn hires midgets to be the wait staff at a party she throws, for the spectacle, it seems.
Part 1: How did you react when you first read that Evelyn hired midgets to staff her part?
Part 2: Do you think it's offensive to objectify other people for their differences? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about Evelyn as a person after seeing her taste in wait staff?
This section contains 732 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)