|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman has decided to give a special ____________ for Evelyn while they are out at dinner at a new restaurant.
2. Who does Bateman kill before he runs off to the right building for his escape route?
3. Where does Bateman look in order to try to fake a reservation at Dorsia when he takes his date there?
4. Who does Bateman run into after he and his friends leave Nell's that night?
5. Who happens to witness the shooting of the musician though Bateman didn't see him there before shooting?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the man Bateman sees on the street, playing the saxophone?
2. Why is Luis moving back to Arizona, according to Luis when he runs into Bateman at Barney's?
3. How does Bateman ensnare the child when he decides to go to the zoo one day?
4. Why is Bateman bored as he is hanging out with McDermott and Taylor?
5. What does Bateman discover when he goes back to look at the body of Paul Owen?
6. What does Bateman notice happening between Courtney and McDermott when he is out with the both of them?
7. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
8. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
9. What does Bateman's mother say to him when Bateman goes out to the assisted living facility to visit her?
10. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman seems to be overly concerned about material possessions and about having the best of everything.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman and his friends care so much about material possessions?
Part 2: How do you feel about material possessions? Why?
Part 3: Is a person who is always focused on material possessions always superficial? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
For some reason, Jean seems to have a calming effect on Bateman as they continue to date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman can see himself settling down with Jean?
Part 2: Do you think that Bateman and Jean are a good match? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Bateman doesn't necessarily want to be calmed down by anyone?
Essay Topic 3
Courtney is overly concerned about using protection when she and Bateman are having sex, almost in an obsessive way.
Part 1: Why do you think Courtney is so obsessed about the protection used during sex?
Part 2: Do you think it's normal to be so obsessed about what protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel you are someone who is concerned about how much protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)