|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
2. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
3. What television show does Bateman then watch on his watch when he's in the office?
4. Bateman rushes _____________ out of the room when he realizes that his identity might be discovered.
5. What does Bateman's secretary remind him that he has to do while he is up and nursing a hangover after the restaurant?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
2. Though Bateman apologizes about disliking the pizza at Pastels, what does McDermott insist about this pizza?
3. What does Bateman give as an excuse as to why Evelyn cannot come over to his apartment?
4. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
5. What does Bateman do when he is cruising in the meat packing district after talking with Courtney?
6. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
7. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
8. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
9. Why does Bateman rush himself out of the party that Evelyn throws, asking her to come with him?
10. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Bateman tries to kill Luis, he stops himself when Luis interprets it as a sign of affection.
Part 1: Why do you think Luis doesn't interpret being choked by Bateman as a bad thing?
Part 2: Do you think you would be as forgiving as Luis if Bateman tried to choke you? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's normal for Luis to have the reaction he does to his almost-murder? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman seems to be a person who is very methodical in the way he approaches his life.
Part 1: Do you think it's a normal behavior to have a very rigid schedule? Why or why not?
Part 2: What do you think would happen if Bateman was not able to follow each of the rigid steps in his everyday schedule? Why?
Part 3: How do you think the rigid cleaning schedule of Bateman helps him in his life? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman does not have the strength to tell Jean that there would be no way to get a reservation at a high end restaurant on such short notice.
Part 1: Why do you think it matters to Bateman that he gets reservations at the best places?
Part 2: Why do you think Jean isn't worried or upset about the reservation snafu?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman doesn't feel the urgent need to kill Jean as he does with other women?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)