|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is not thrilled with Evelyn's choice in friends, according to the narrative at the start of the book?
2. What television show does Bateman then watch on his watch when he's in the office?
3. Bateman ends up wandering into a Kosher restaurant to order a _____________ that is not on the menu.
4. As his co-worker is talking, Bateman thinks about the Patty Winters Show and the ___________ parade he saw on his way to work.
5. What club do Patricia and Bateman decide to go to, though when they go, the place is nearly empty?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
2. What happens when Bateman decides to go to the store to pick up some groceries for a quiet night in?
3. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
4. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
5. Though Bateman apologizes about disliking the pizza at Pastels, what does McDermott insist about this pizza?
6. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
7. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
8. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
9. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
10. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Bateman tries to kill Luis, he stops himself when Luis interprets it as a sign of affection.
Part 1: Why do you think Luis doesn't interpret being choked by Bateman as a bad thing?
Part 2: Do you think you would be as forgiving as Luis if Bateman tried to choke you? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's normal for Luis to have the reaction he does to his almost-murder? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The men seem to enjoy teasing homeless men with money and then not giving it to them. This happens frequently in the novel.
Part 1: Why do you think the men like to tease the homeless men with money?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if one of your friends did this? Why?
Part 3: How do you behave when you pass homeless people on the street? Why?
Essay Topic 3
While Bateman confesses to the horrific things he has done, everyone he tells refuses to believe him.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman even feels the need to confess for the crimes he has committed?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman's friends and lawyer don't believe that he could ever be a killer?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if Bateman told you that he was a killer? Would you believe him if you knew him?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)