|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman sees a __________ sitting in a doorway with a small dog and he proceeds to lecture this person.
2. Who does Bateman realize may be having an affair, which only mildly disappoints him?
3. Bateman in another section discusses ______________, the band, in great detail, exhaustively dissecting each of their albums and pointing out the songs which make them great.
4. Whose initials is the food that Courtney and Evelyn laid out shaped into, or rather attempted to be shaped into?
5. Who finds the teasing of the homeless man to be a little embarrassing as he/she witnesses it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman give as an excuse as to why Evelyn cannot come over to his apartment?
2. What does Bateman do when he is cruising in the meat packing district after talking with Courtney?
3. What do Price and Bateman realize about the drugs that they have received from the dealer?
4. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
5. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
6. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
7. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
8. Why does Bateman become angry with Evelyn during the course of his dinner with her?
9. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
10. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
For some reason, Jean seems to have a calming effect on Bateman as they continue to date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman can see himself settling down with Jean?
Part 2: Do you think that Bateman and Jean are a good match? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Bateman doesn't necessarily want to be calmed down by anyone?
Essay Topic 2
Evelyn hires midgets to be the wait staff at a party she throws, for the spectacle, it seems.
Part 1: How did you react when you first read that Evelyn hired midgets to staff her part?
Part 2: Do you think it's offensive to objectify other people for their differences? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about Evelyn as a person after seeing her taste in wait staff?
Essay Topic 3
The men seem to enjoy teasing homeless men with money and then not giving it to them. This happens frequently in the novel.
Part 1: Why do you think the men like to tease the homeless men with money?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if one of your friends did this? Why?
Part 3: How do you behave when you pass homeless people on the street? Why?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)