|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman ends up wandering into a Kosher restaurant to order a _____________ that is not on the menu.
2. Who stays with Price even as the others in their group decide to go into the club's basement?
3. Bateman humiliates the manicurist for ________________ when he's at he salon.
4. What does Bateman want from Paul Owen, which is why he creates a devious plan to get it from him?
5. As his co-worker is talking, Bateman thinks about the Patty Winters Show and the ___________ parade he saw on his way to work.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
2. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
3. What do Price and Bateman realize about the drugs that they have received from the dealer?
4. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
5. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
6. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
7. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
8. What does Bateman give as an excuse as to why Evelyn cannot come over to his apartment?
9. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
10. What does Bateman think about his secretary, Jean, as he indicates in the narrative?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Luis continues to be obsessed with Bateman as the story goes on, even though it's clear Bateman does not feel the same way.
Part 1: What does this romantic sort of story line reveal about Bateman's feelings toward homosexuality? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think that Luis is still so obsessed with being with Bateman?
Part 3: What do you think you would do if someone was obsessed with you and you did not feel the same way?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman doesn't correct a fellow coworker who mistakes him for another man as he seems to want to take over the account himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman doesn't mind taking on the false identity?
Part 2: Do you think it's ethical to lie about who you are in order to get ahead in a job? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would have handled someone mistaking you for someone else? Why?
Essay Topic 3
The men seem to enjoy teasing homeless men with money and then not giving it to them. This happens frequently in the novel.
Part 1: Why do you think the men like to tease the homeless men with money?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if one of your friends did this? Why?
Part 3: How do you behave when you pass homeless people on the street? Why?
This section contains 765 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)