|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. McDermott tries to talk everyone into sharing a ______________, though Bateman refuses to do so, causing a rift between them.
2. What nightclub do the men decide to go to after they have eaten dinner at the restaurant?
3. Bateman picks out the _______________ looking girl on the street, young and blonde, when he goes to the meat packing district.
4. What is the talk show that Bateman likes to watch as a part of his daily morning routine?
5. What does Bateman do when he picks up the stranger's dog which causes the man to be completely shocked?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
2. Why is Bateman worried when they arrive at Pastels at the start of this section of the book?
3. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
4. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
5. Why does Bateman rush himself out of the party that Evelyn throws, asking her to come with him?
6. What do Bateman and Evelyn find when they go into the bathroom in order to do the drugs they bought?
7. Though Bateman apologizes about disliking the pizza at Pastels, what does McDermott insist about this pizza?
8. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
9. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
10. What does Bateman think about his secretary, Jean, as he indicates in the narrative?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman doesn't correct a fellow coworker who mistakes him for another man as he seems to want to take over the account himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman doesn't mind taking on the false identity?
Part 2: Do you think it's ethical to lie about who you are in order to get ahead in a job? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would have handled someone mistaking you for someone else? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman decides to give Evelyn a chocolate covered urinal cake to play a mean prank on her.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman decided to try to give Evelyn this disgusting dessert?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman doesn't get the satisfaction he expected from this prank of sorts?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman has the ability to care about anyone in his life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Courtney is overly concerned about using protection when she and Bateman are having sex, almost in an obsessive way.
Part 1: Why do you think Courtney is so obsessed about the protection used during sex?
Part 2: Do you think it's normal to be so obsessed about what protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel you are someone who is concerned about how much protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)