|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman humiliates the manicurist for ________________ when he's at he salon.
2. In the club, who decides to cause a scene as someone else is buying drinks and disappearing down the train tracks?
3. Bateman in another section discusses ______________, the band, in great detail, exhaustively dissecting each of their albums and pointing out the songs which make them great.
4. Why is Bateman concerned about choosing a restaurant? What does he want to ensure they can get?
5. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Tim Price and the homeless man at the start of the novel?
2. Why doesn't Bateman just have someone else do his Christmas shopping for him as he knows Jean would?
3. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
4. What does Bateman tell his co-worker during the lunch when they talk about the Bahamas, though his co-worker doesn't hear what Bateman said?
5. What does Bateman give as an excuse as to why Evelyn cannot come over to his apartment?
6. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
7. What does Bateman feel he has embarrassed himself with in the course of the dinner conversation?
8. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
9. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
10. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman does not have the strength to tell Jean that there would be no way to get a reservation at a high end restaurant on such short notice.
Part 1: Why do you think it matters to Bateman that he gets reservations at the best places?
Part 2: Why do you think Jean isn't worried or upset about the reservation snafu?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman doesn't feel the urgent need to kill Jean as he does with other women?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman becomes outraged when Evelyn brings up the idea of getting married, though he has never mentioned marriage to her before.
Part 1: Why do you think Evelyn believes she and Bateman will one day get married?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman becomes so outraged with the idea of getting married to someone?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman is capable of getting married? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Courtney is overly concerned about using protection when she and Bateman are having sex, almost in an obsessive way.
Part 1: Why do you think Courtney is so obsessed about the protection used during sex?
Part 2: Do you think it's normal to be so obsessed about what protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel you are someone who is concerned about how much protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)