|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes offended by the whole bathroom situation and storms out of the club?
2. What causes a man to believe that Bateman is flirting with him on the street as he heads to the store?
3. Why does Bateman go out to buy gifts for everyone instead of sending Jean to do it?
4. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
5. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
2. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
3. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
4. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
5. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
6. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
7. What does Bateman do with the body of Paul Owen after he murders him? Where does he put it?
8. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
9. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
10. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
Essay Topic 1
Evelyn hires midgets to be the wait staff at a party she throws, for the spectacle, it seems.
Part 1: How did you react when you first read that Evelyn hired midgets to staff her part?
Part 2: Do you think it's offensive to objectify other people for their differences? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about Evelyn as a person after seeing her taste in wait staff?
Essay Topic 2
While Bateman confesses to the horrific things he has done, everyone he tells refuses to believe him.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman even feels the need to confess for the crimes he has committed?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman's friends and lawyer don't believe that he could ever be a killer?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if Bateman told you that he was a killer? Would you believe him if you knew him?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman becomes outraged when Evelyn brings up the idea of getting married, though he has never mentioned marriage to her before.
Part 1: Why do you think Evelyn believes she and Bateman will one day get married?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman becomes so outraged with the idea of getting married to someone?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman is capable of getting married? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,132 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)