|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. McDermott tries to talk everyone into sharing a ______________, though Bateman refuses to do so, causing a rift between them.
2. When Bateman talks with the two blondes in his apartment, it becomes clear they are confused by _________________.
3. For what holiday is Bateman buying presents for all those in his life?
4. Whose concert does Bateman end up seeing because Luis Carruthers decides to arrange it for the group of friends?
5. Bateman goes to lunch with a co-worker who just returned from _____________ and talks about the commercial advantages of vacationing there.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
2. Why doesn't Bateman just have someone else do his Christmas shopping for him as he knows Jean would?
3. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
4. What does Bateman feel he has embarrassed himself with in the course of the dinner conversation?
5. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
6. What do Bateman and Evelyn find when they go into the bathroom in order to do the drugs they bought?
7. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
8. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
9. What does Bateman do when he is cruising in the meat packing district after talking with Courtney?
10. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Bateman confesses to the horrific things he has done, everyone he tells refuses to believe him.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman even feels the need to confess for the crimes he has committed?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman's friends and lawyer don't believe that he could ever be a killer?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if Bateman told you that he was a killer? Would you believe him if you knew him?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman seems to be a killer of opportunity rather than one who plans ahead of time.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman kills men and their dogs so often in this book?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman doesn't plan his kills ahead of time, though he seems to be so regimented in the rest of his life?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman likes to kill a particular sort of person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Courtney is overly concerned about using protection when she and Bateman are having sex, almost in an obsessive way.
Part 1: Why do you think Courtney is so obsessed about the protection used during sex?
Part 2: Do you think it's normal to be so obsessed about what protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel you are someone who is concerned about how much protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)