|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman ends up wandering into a Kosher restaurant to order a _____________ that is not on the menu.
2. What nightclub do the men decide to go to after they have eaten dinner at the restaurant?
3. ___________ seems agitated at the club and unhappy, fixated on the railroad tracks that run through the club.
4. Who is the one that hates the restaurant and is in a bad mood when they arrive at the building and then sit down?
5. As his co-worker is talking, Bateman thinks about the Patty Winters Show and the ___________ parade he saw on his way to work.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
2. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
3. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
4. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
5. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
6. What does Bateman feel he has embarrassed himself with in the course of the dinner conversation?
7. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
8. What happens when Bateman decides to go to the store to pick up some groceries for a quiet night in?
9. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
10. Though Bateman apologizes about disliking the pizza at Pastels, what does McDermott insist about this pizza?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman seems to be a killer of opportunity rather than one who plans ahead of time.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman kills men and their dogs so often in this book?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman doesn't plan his kills ahead of time, though he seems to be so regimented in the rest of his life?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman likes to kill a particular sort of person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman decides to give Evelyn a chocolate covered urinal cake to play a mean prank on her.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman decided to try to give Evelyn this disgusting dessert?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman doesn't get the satisfaction he expected from this prank of sorts?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman has the ability to care about anyone in his life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Courtney is overly concerned about using protection when she and Bateman are having sex, almost in an obsessive way.
Part 1: Why do you think Courtney is so obsessed about the protection used during sex?
Part 2: Do you think it's normal to be so obsessed about what protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel you are someone who is concerned about how much protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
This section contains 733 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)