|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Bateman and Price realize about the cocaine they thought they had bought? What does it turn out to be?
2. Bateman has dinner with _________ and her friends at a place called Deck Chairs one evening in this section of the book.
3. When Bateman is done having sex with the two blondes, he decides to tie them up and _____________ them.
4. Evelyn begins to talk about how great their _________ would be while Bateman becomes angry as he's never talked about marrying Evelyn.
5. What does Bateman reveal to Evelyn in reference to the whereabouts of Tim Price who is suddenly missing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman tell his co-worker during the lunch when they talk about the Bahamas, though his co-worker doesn't hear what Bateman said?
2. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
3. What does Bateman give as an excuse as to why Evelyn cannot come over to his apartment?
4. What happens when Bateman decides to go to the store to pick up some groceries for a quiet night in?
5. What does Bateman feel he has embarrassed himself with in the course of the dinner conversation?
6. What does Bateman do when he is cruising in the meat packing district after talking with Courtney?
7. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
8. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
9. Though Bateman apologizes about disliking the pizza at Pastels, what does McDermott insist about this pizza?
10. What do Price and Bateman realize about the drugs that they have received from the dealer?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The men seem to enjoy teasing homeless men with money and then not giving it to them. This happens frequently in the novel.
Part 1: Why do you think the men like to tease the homeless men with money?
Part 2: How do you think you would react if one of your friends did this? Why?
Part 3: How do you behave when you pass homeless people on the street? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Even though he has dead bodies in his apartment, Bateman goes out shopping for something at Barney's.
Part 1: Do you think Bateman ever feels guilt for the killings he has committed? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman feels comfortable leaving the dead bodies unsupervised?
Part 3: If you were in Bateman's shoes, would you have disposed of the bodies before leaving the apartment for a while? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman seems to be overly concerned about material possessions and about having the best of everything.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman and his friends care so much about material possessions?
Part 2: How do you feel about material possessions? Why?
Part 3: Is a person who is always focused on material possessions always superficial? Why or why not?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)