|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bateman want to sit next to at the concert, but someone else keeps trying to talk to him?
2. Luis Carruthers discusses his latest trip to _______________ when he is meeting with Bateman at the office.
3. As his co-worker is talking, Bateman thinks about the Patty Winters Show and the ___________ parade he saw on his way to work.
4. What is the first machine that Bateman uses when he's at the gym to work out?
5. What does Bateman want from Paul Owen, which is why he creates a devious plan to get it from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman call his lawyer and say when he completes his killing spree one evening?
2. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
3. What does Ted Bundy reveal in his letters to his fiancee as Bateman hears them read on the Patty Winters show?
4. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
5. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
6. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
7. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
8. What does Bateman think about his secretary, Jean, as he indicates in the narrative?
9. Why doesn't Bateman just have someone else do his Christmas shopping for him as he knows Jean would?
10. What happens with the reservation that Bateman pretended to have in order to get into an exclusive restaurant?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Even though he has dead bodies in his apartment, Bateman goes out shopping for something at Barney's.
Part 1: Do you think Bateman ever feels guilt for the killings he has committed? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman feels comfortable leaving the dead bodies unsupervised?
Part 3: If you were in Bateman's shoes, would you have disposed of the bodies before leaving the apartment for a while? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman becomes outraged when Evelyn brings up the idea of getting married, though he has never mentioned marriage to her before.
Part 1: Why do you think Evelyn believes she and Bateman will one day get married?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman becomes so outraged with the idea of getting married to someone?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman is capable of getting married? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Evelyn hires midgets to be the wait staff at a party she throws, for the spectacle, it seems.
Part 1: How did you react when you first read that Evelyn hired midgets to staff her part?
Part 2: Do you think it's offensive to objectify other people for their differences? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about Evelyn as a person after seeing her taste in wait staff?
This section contains 2,076 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)