|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes offended by the whole bathroom situation and storms out of the club?
2. Bateman picks out the _______________ looking girl on the street, young and blonde, when he goes to the meat packing district.
3. What does Bateman's date seem to want to do during their date, though he dislikes this activity?
4. What nightclub do the men decide to go to after they have eaten dinner at the restaurant?
5. Evelyn begins to talk about how great their _________ would be while Bateman becomes angry as he's never talked about marrying Evelyn.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bateman bored as he is hanging out with McDermott and Taylor?
2. What do Price and Bateman realize about the drugs that they have received from the dealer?
3. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
4. Why does Bateman not end up shooting and killing everyone at the gym where he works out?
5. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
6. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
7. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
8. What adds to Bateman's frustration about the night he is spending at Nell's with some other men?
9. What does Ted Bundy reveal in his letters to his fiancee as Bateman hears them read on the Patty Winters show?
10. What does Bateman do when he is cruising in the meat packing district after talking with Courtney?
Essay Topic 1
For some reason, Jean seems to have a calming effect on Bateman as they continue to date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman can see himself settling down with Jean?
Part 2: Do you think that Bateman and Jean are a good match? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Bateman doesn't necessarily want to be calmed down by anyone?
Essay Topic 2
While Bateman confesses to the horrific things he has done, everyone he tells refuses to believe him.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman even feels the need to confess for the crimes he has committed?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman's friends and lawyer don't believe that he could ever be a killer?
Part 3: How do you think you would react if Bateman told you that he was a killer? Would you believe him if you knew him?
Essay Topic 3
When Bateman tries to kill Luis, he stops himself when Luis interprets it as a sign of affection.
Part 1: Why do you think Luis doesn't interpret being choked by Bateman as a bad thing?
Part 2: Do you think you would be as forgiving as Luis if Bateman tried to choke you? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think it's normal for Luis to have the reaction he does to his almost-murder? Why or why not?
This section contains 2,119 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)