|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes offended by the whole bathroom situation and storms out of the club?
2. What causes a man to believe that Bateman is flirting with him on the street as he heads to the store?
3. Why does Bateman go out to buy gifts for everyone instead of sending Jean to do it?
4. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
5. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
2. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
3. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
4. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
5. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
6. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
7. What does Bateman do with the body of Paul Owen after he murders him? Where does he put it?
8. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
9. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
10. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
Essay Topic 1
For some reason, Jean seems to have a calming effect on Bateman as they continue to date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman can see himself settling down with Jean?
Part 2: Do you think that Bateman and Jean are a good match? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Bateman doesn't necessarily want to be calmed down by anyone?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman becomes outraged when Evelyn brings up the idea of getting married, though he has never mentioned marriage to her before.
Part 1: Why do you think Evelyn believes she and Bateman will one day get married?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman becomes so outraged with the idea of getting married to someone?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman is capable of getting married? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman does not have the strength to tell Jean that there would be no way to get a reservation at a high end restaurant on such short notice.
Part 1: Why do you think it matters to Bateman that he gets reservations at the best places?
Part 2: Why do you think Jean isn't worried or upset about the reservation snafu?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman doesn't feel the urgent need to kill Jean as he does with other women?
This section contains 2,132 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)