|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Bateman moves to a different seat, he feels like the lead singer, ______________, is staring at him and that the two of them make a soul connection.
2. Who calls Bateman, upset that her neighbor was killed the night before?
3. At the dinner at Evelyn's, ____________ remains hostile in her silence when not making unintelligent comments about politics.
4. When Price and Bateman arrive at Evelyn's, they discover the women have laid out ____________ instead of being ready to go out to eat.
5. What is the name of the health club where Bateman works out during the day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
2. Why does Bateman become angry with Evelyn during the course of his dinner with her?
3. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
4. What happens when Bateman decides to go to the store to pick up some groceries for a quiet night in?
5. What does Bateman tell his co-worker during the lunch when they talk about the Bahamas, though his co-worker doesn't hear what Bateman said?
6. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
7. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
8. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
9. What do Price and Bateman realize about the drugs that they have received from the dealer?
10. What does Bateman feel he has embarrassed himself with in the course of the dinner conversation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Courtney is overly concerned about using protection when she and Bateman are having sex, almost in an obsessive way.
Part 1: Why do you think Courtney is so obsessed about the protection used during sex?
Part 2: Do you think it's normal to be so obsessed about what protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you feel you are someone who is concerned about how much protection is used during sex? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Luis continues to be obsessed with Bateman as the story goes on, even though it's clear Bateman does not feel the same way.
Part 1: What does this romantic sort of story line reveal about Bateman's feelings toward homosexuality? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think that Luis is still so obsessed with being with Bateman?
Part 3: What do you think you would do if someone was obsessed with you and you did not feel the same way?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman doesn't correct a fellow coworker who mistakes him for another man as he seems to want to take over the account himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman doesn't mind taking on the false identity?
Part 2: Do you think it's ethical to lie about who you are in order to get ahead in a job? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would have handled someone mistaking you for someone else? Why?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)