|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Bateman realize may be having an affair, which only mildly disappoints him?
2. When Bateman is done having sex with the two blondes, he decides to tie them up and _____________ them.
3. What does Bateman decide to order from McDonald's after murdering the two beings that he murders after the dinner?
4. Whose initials is the food that Courtney and Evelyn laid out shaped into, or rather attempted to be shaped into?
5. What television show does Bateman then watch on his watch when he's in the office?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
2. What does Bateman think about his secretary, Jean, as he indicates in the narrative?
3. What happens when Bateman decides to go to the store to pick up some groceries for a quiet night in?
4. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
5. Why does Bateman become angry with Evelyn during the course of his dinner with her?
6. What does Bateman give as an excuse as to why Evelyn cannot come over to his apartment?
7. What does Bateman find out about his date one night with Patricia, as indicated by several messages on his answering machine?
8. What does Bateman tell his co-worker during the lunch when they talk about the Bahamas, though his co-worker doesn't hear what Bateman said?
9. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
10. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bateman does not have the strength to tell Jean that there would be no way to get a reservation at a high end restaurant on such short notice.
Part 1: Why do you think it matters to Bateman that he gets reservations at the best places?
Part 2: Why do you think Jean isn't worried or upset about the reservation snafu?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman doesn't feel the urgent need to kill Jean as he does with other women?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman becomes outraged when Evelyn brings up the idea of getting married, though he has never mentioned marriage to her before.
Part 1: Why do you think Evelyn believes she and Bateman will one day get married?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman becomes so outraged with the idea of getting married to someone?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman is capable of getting married? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman doesn't correct a fellow coworker who mistakes him for another man as he seems to want to take over the account himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman doesn't mind taking on the false identity?
Part 2: Do you think it's ethical to lie about who you are in order to get ahead in a job? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would have handled someone mistaking you for someone else? Why?
This section contains 774 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)