|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bateman promise to Courtney when he drops her off at a club?
2. There is a line for a ___________ when Bateman and Evelyn at the club together, causing some conflict.
3. When Bateman is done having sex with the two blondes, he decides to tie them up and _____________ them.
4. What does Bateman ask Jean to look out for as he wants to buy one when he can?
5. What do Bateman and Price realize about the cocaine they thought they had bought? What does it turn out to be?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman notice happening between Courtney and McDermott when he is out with the both of them?
2. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
3. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
4. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
5. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
6. What does Bateman find out about his date one night with Patricia, as indicated by several messages on his answering machine?
7. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
8. What does Ted Bundy reveal in his letters to his fiancee as Bateman hears them read on the Patty Winters show?
9. What does Bateman do one day when he meets up with Paul Owen for lunch?
10. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
Essay Topic 1
Evelyn hires midgets to be the wait staff at a party she throws, for the spectacle, it seems.
Part 1: How did you react when you first read that Evelyn hired midgets to staff her part?
Part 2: Do you think it's offensive to objectify other people for their differences? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about Evelyn as a person after seeing her taste in wait staff?
Essay Topic 2
The men in the book seem focused on materials, women, and on getting drugs as well.
Part 1: Do you think the lifestyle of the men in this book is one which is considered to be ideal in today's society? Why or why not?
Part 2: How do you perceive the men in this book? Would you be friends with them? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think the men in this book seem only to be interested in pleasure?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman seems to be a person who is very methodical in the way he approaches his life.
Part 1: Do you think it's a normal behavior to have a very rigid schedule? Why or why not?
Part 2: What do you think would happen if Bateman was not able to follow each of the rigid steps in his everyday schedule? Why?
Part 3: How do you think the rigid cleaning schedule of Bateman helps him in his life? Why?
This section contains 2,140 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)