Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes offended by the whole bathroom situation and storms out of the club?
2. What causes a man to believe that Bateman is flirting with him on the street as he heads to the store?
3. Why does Bateman go out to buy gifts for everyone instead of sending Jean to do it?
4. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
5. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
2. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
3. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
4. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
5. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
6. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
7. What does Bateman do with the body of Paul Owen after he murders him? Where does he put it?
8. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
9. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
10. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
Essay Topic 1
Bateman seems to be a person who is very methodical in the way he approaches his life.
Part 1: Do you think it's a normal behavior to have a very rigid schedule? Why or why not?
Part 2: What do you think would happen if Bateman was not able to follow each of the rigid steps in his everyday schedule? Why?
Part 3: How do you think the rigid cleaning schedule of Bateman helps him in his life? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman seems to be a killer of opportunity rather than one who plans ahead of time.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman kills men and their dogs so often in this book?
Part 2: Why do you think that Bateman doesn't plan his kills ahead of time, though he seems to be so regimented in the rest of his life?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman likes to kill a particular sort of person? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bateman does not have the strength to tell Jean that there would be no way to get a reservation at a high end restaurant on such short notice.
Part 1: Why do you think it matters to Bateman that he gets reservations at the best places?
Part 2: Why do you think Jean isn't worried or upset about the reservation snafu?
Part 3: Do you think that Bateman doesn't feel the urgent need to kill Jean as he does with other women?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)