Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes offended by the whole bathroom situation and storms out of the club?
2. What causes a man to believe that Bateman is flirting with him on the street as he heads to the store?
3. Why does Bateman go out to buy gifts for everyone instead of sending Jean to do it?
4. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
5. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
2. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
3. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
4. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
5. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
6. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
7. What does Bateman do with the body of Paul Owen after he murders him? Where does he put it?
8. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
9. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
10. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
Bateman doesn't correct a fellow coworker who mistakes him for another man as he seems to want to take over the account himself.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman doesn't mind taking on the false identity?
Part 2: Do you think it's ethical to lie about who you are in order to get ahead in a job? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think you would have handled someone mistaking you for someone else? Why?
Luis continues to be obsessed with Bateman as the story goes on, even though it's clear Bateman does not feel the same way.
Part 1: What does this romantic sort of story line reveal about Bateman's feelings toward homosexuality? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think that Luis is still so obsessed with being with Bateman?
Part 3: What do you think you would do if someone was obsessed with you and you did not feel the same way?
For some reason, Jean seems to have a calming effect on Bateman as they continue to date.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman can see himself settling down with Jean?
Part 2: Do you think that Bateman and Jean are a good match? Why or why not?
Part 3: Why do you think Bateman doesn't necessarily want to be calmed down by anyone?
This section contains 776 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)