Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes offended by the whole bathroom situation and storms out of the club?
2. What causes a man to believe that Bateman is flirting with him on the street as he heads to the store?
3. Why does Bateman go out to buy gifts for everyone instead of sending Jean to do it?
4. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
5. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
2. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
3. Why does Bateman tell the girl he met at Nell's to go home after they have sex with each other?
4. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
5. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
6. What does Bateman reveal about his feelings toward Jean, who he has been seeing regularly?
7. What does Bateman do with the body of Paul Owen after he murders him? Where does he put it?
8. What does Bateman use to kill the woman he picks up at a club during the first part of this section?
9. What does the private detective already seem to believe about the disappearance of Paul Owen?
10. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
Essay Topic 1
Evelyn hires midgets to be the wait staff at a party she throws, for the spectacle, it seems.
Part 1: How did you react when you first read that Evelyn hired midgets to staff her part?
Part 2: Do you think it's offensive to objectify other people for their differences? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you feel about Evelyn as a person after seeing her taste in wait staff?
Essay Topic 2
Bateman decides to give Evelyn a chocolate covered urinal cake to play a mean prank on her.
Part 1: Why do you think Bateman decided to try to give Evelyn this disgusting dessert?
Part 2: Why do you think Bateman doesn't get the satisfaction he expected from this prank of sorts?
Part 3: Do you think Bateman has the ability to care about anyone in his life? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Luis continues to be obsessed with Bateman as the story goes on, even though it's clear Bateman does not feel the same way.
Part 1: What does this romantic sort of story line reveal about Bateman's feelings toward homosexuality? Why?
Part 2: Why do you think that Luis is still so obsessed with being with Bateman?
Part 3: What do you think you would do if someone was obsessed with you and you did not feel the same way?
This section contains 782 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)