|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bateman decides to go for a ______________ at a local salon and spa, a part of his routine.
2. Who is not thrilled with Evelyn's choice in friends, according to the narrative at the start of the book?
3. What does Bateman's date seem to want to do during their date, though he dislikes this activity?
(a) Go to a movie.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) Go out to eat.
(d) Go to an art show.
4. Who does Bateman realize may be having an affair, which only mildly disappoints him?
(a) Price and Courtney.
(b) Evelyn and Courtney.
(c) Price and Evelyn.
(d) Courtney and the artist.
5. Bateman listens as the women talk about settling down to _______________ when he is at dinner with them.
(a) Pampered existence.
(b) Park Avenue.
(c) Have children.
(d) A rich life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman bribes __________ limo driver into taking Bateman and Evelyn to a club.
2. What does Price find as he is wandering around Evelyn's apartment at the beginning of the story?
3. Who stays with Price even as the others in their group decide to go into the club's basement?
4. What is the name of the health club where Bateman works out during the day?
5. After the concert, Bateman finds out that two of the _____________ tried to get Courtney and Evelyn backstage to meet the band.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
2. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
3. What do Price and Bateman realize about the drugs that they have received from the dealer?
4. What happens when Bateman decides to go to the store to pick up some groceries for a quiet night in?
5. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
6. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
7. What happens between Tim Price and the homeless man at the start of the novel?
8. What does Bateman find out about his date one night with Patricia, as indicated by several messages on his answering machine?
9. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
10. Why does Bateman rush himself out of the party that Evelyn throws, asking her to come with him?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)