|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What club do Patricia and Bateman decide to go to, though when they go, the place is nearly empty?
(c) Go Go.
2. What is the name of the health club where Bateman works out during the day?
(d) Gold's Gym.
3. What television show does Bateman then watch on his watch when he's in the office?
(a) Patty Winters Show.
(b) Sally Jessy.
(d) Wheel of Fortune.
4. Who finds the teasing of the homeless man to be a little embarrassing as he/she witnesses it?
5. What causes a man to believe that Bateman is flirting with him on the street as he heads to the store?
(a) He admires the man's dog.
(b) He gives the other man his number.
(c) He pinches his backside.
(d) He touches the man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bateman want from Paul Owen, which is why he creates a devious plan to get it from him?
2. When Bateman moves to a different seat, he feels like the lead singer, ______________, is staring at him and that the two of them make a soul connection.
3. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
4. What do Bateman and Price realize about the cocaine they thought they had bought? What does it turn out to be?
5. In the middle of the conversation with his co-worker, Bateman admits he is bored with life and about how he wants to _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Bateman become angry with Evelyn during the course of his dinner with her?
2. What happens when Bateman decides to go to the store to pick up some groceries for a quiet night in?
3. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
4. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
5. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
6. What does Bateman feel he has embarrassed himself with in the course of the dinner conversation?
7. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
8. What does Bateman find out about his date one night with Patricia, as indicated by several messages on his answering machine?
9. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
10. Why doesn't Bateman just have someone else do his Christmas shopping for him as he knows Jean would?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)