|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bateman and Price realize about the cocaine they thought they had bought? What does it turn out to be?
(c) Artificial sweetener.
(d) Baking soda.
2. What does Price find as he is wandering around Evelyn's apartment at the beginning of the story?
(b) A window open.
(c) A dead body.
(d) Another couple.
3. Bateman picks out the _______________ looking girl on the street, young and blonde, when he goes to the meat packing district.
4. What do Bateman and Courtney argue about when they go back to Courtney's apartment to have sex?
5. Luis Carruthers discusses his latest trip to _______________ when he is meeting with Bateman at the office.
Short Answer Questions
1. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
2. Why is Bateman concerned about choosing a restaurant? What does he want to ensure they can get?
3. Who calls Bateman, upset that her neighbor was killed the night before?
4. There is a line for a ___________ when Bateman and Evelyn at the club together, causing some conflict.
5. Bateman tells the frightened woman that he cannot take her out because he has ____________ in his freezer.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman think about his secretary, Jean, as he indicates in the narrative?
2. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
3. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
4. What happens between Tim Price and the homeless man at the start of the novel?
5. Why is Bateman worried when they arrive at Pastels at the start of this section of the book?
6. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
7. Why does Bateman become angry with Evelyn during the course of his dinner with her?
8. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
9. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
10. Why does Bateman rush himself out of the party that Evelyn throws, asking her to come with him?
This section contains 623 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)