|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bateman humiliates the manicurist for ________________ when he's at he salon.
(a) Taking too long.
(b) Giving him an infection.
(c) Cutting his nails too short.
(d) Using dirty tools.
2. Bateman has dinner with _________ and her friends at a place called Deck Chairs one evening in this section of the book.
3. McDermott tries to talk everyone into sharing a ______________, though Bateman refuses to do so, causing a rift between them.
(b) Fish platter.
(c) Oyster dish.
4. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
(a) Has sex with Price.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Starts to undress.
5. Who is not thrilled with Evelyn's choice in friends, according to the narrative at the start of the book?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the club, Bateman buys some _______________ and tries to find a stall for him and Evelyn to take it in.
2. When Bateman talks with the two blondes in his apartment, it becomes clear they are confused by _________________.
3. Bateman in another section discusses ______________, the band, in great detail, exhaustively dissecting each of their albums and pointing out the songs which make them great.
4. Who does Bateman attempt to kill in order to get Courtney all to himself, though the attempt is not successful?
5. What does Bateman ask Jean to look out for as he wants to buy one when he can?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
2. Why did the girl from the meat packing district decide to go with Bateman again, even though he tortured her the last time?
3. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
4. What happens with the reservation that Bateman pretended to have in order to get into an exclusive restaurant?
5. How does Luis cause a scene when Bateman rejects him in the store?
6. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
7. Why does Bateman walk away from the homeless man that he had blinded in the past?
8. What does Bateman notice happening between Courtney and McDermott when he is out with the both of them?
9. What does Bateman decide to do when he realizes he does not have plans for dinner that evening?
10. Why does Bateman become angry with Evelyn during the course of his dinner with her?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)