|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the profession of the man in the couple who Evelyn introduces to Price during this initial scene of the book?
(a) Sports player.
2. Who stays with Price even as the others in their group decide to go into the club's basement?
3. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
(b) Sports Illustrated.
4. Bateman picks out the _______________ looking girl on the street, young and blonde, when he goes to the meat packing district.
5. When Bateman is done having sex with the two blondes, he decides to tie them up and _____________ them.
(d) Sleep with.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bateman end up buying at D'Agastino's that he doesn't actually need to buy?
2. Bateman is worried they did not arrive at ________ early enough to get a good table, but it turns out their table is fine.
3. Who is Luis Carruthers currently dating according to this section of the book?
4. In the club, who decides to cause a scene as someone else is buying drinks and disappearing down the train tracks?
5. What is the first machine that Bateman uses when he's at the gym to work out?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
2. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
3. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
4. Though Bateman apologizes about disliking the pizza at Pastels, what does McDermott insist about this pizza?
5. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
6. What happens when Bateman decides to go to the store to pick up some groceries for a quiet night in?
7. Why does Bateman become angry with Evelyn during the course of his dinner with her?
8. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
9. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
10. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)