|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bateman's secretary remind him that he has to do while he is up and nursing a hangover after the restaurant?
(a) Flowers for his mother.
(b) A business trip.
(c) Shopping for Christmas.
(d) A meeting.
2. Bateman sees a __________ sitting in a doorway with a small dog and he proceeds to lecture this person.
3. At the club, Bateman buys some _______________ and tries to find a stall for him and Evelyn to take it in.
4. Where does Bateman meet his friends to discuss the proper way of wearing some clothes and the homeless people in the city?
5. Who stays with Price even as the others in their group decide to go into the club's basement?
Short Answer Questions
1. Patrick Bateman and Tim Price get to Evelyn's home by _________ at the start of the book.
2. At the dinner at Evelyn's, ____________ remains hostile in her silence when not making unintelligent comments about politics.
3. Who is not thrilled with Evelyn's choice in friends, according to the narrative at the start of the book?
4. Bateman tells the frightened woman that he cannot take her out because he has ____________ in his freezer.
5. Where do Price and Bateman go for dinner toward the end of this section of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
2. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
3. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
4. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
5. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
6. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
7. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
8. Why is Bateman worried when they arrive at Pastels at the start of this section of the book?
9. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
10. Though Bateman apologizes about disliking the pizza at Pastels, what does McDermott insist about this pizza?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)