|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Starts to undress.
(c) Has sex with Price.
(d) Goes to sleep.
2. What does Bateman reveal to Evelyn in reference to the whereabouts of Tim Price who is suddenly missing?
(a) He killed him.
(b) He may be in rehab.
(c) He killed himself.
(d) He ran off with a younger women.
3. ___________ teases a homeless man with money, but then refuses to give it to him at the start of the book.
(a) Patrick Bateman.
(b) Tim Price.
(c) No one.
(d) Evelyn Smith.
4. While at dinner, Bateman and his friends discuss questions they might want to send into a magazine. What magazine is discussed?
(d) New Yorker.
5. An artist at the party believes that the ____________ is moving on his plate, making him a central focus of the dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the health club where Bateman works out during the day?
2. Who does Bateman realize may be having an affair, which only mildly disappoints him?
3. What is the talk show that Bateman likes to watch as a part of his daily morning routine?
4. What does Bateman convince the young prostitute to do while he is on the phone with the escort service?
5. Who finds the teasing of the homeless man to be a little embarrassing as he/she witnesses it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
2. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
3. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
4. Why does Bateman rush himself out of the party that Evelyn throws, asking her to come with him?
5. Why doesn't Bateman just have someone else do his Christmas shopping for him as he knows Jean would?
6. What happens when Bateman decides to go to the store to pick up some groceries for a quiet night in?
7. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
8. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
9. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
10. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)