|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bateman sees a __________ sitting in a doorway with a small dog and he proceeds to lecture this person.
2. Who is Luis Carruthers currently dating according to this section of the book?
(b) No one.
3. After the concert, Bateman finds out that two of the _____________ tried to get Courtney and Evelyn backstage to meet the band.
(a) Band members.
(b) Ticket sellers.
(c) Security guards.
4. Bateman has dinner with _________ and her friends at a place called Deck Chairs one evening in this section of the book.
5. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Has sex with Price.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Starts to undress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Price and Bateman go for dinner toward the end of this section of the book?
2. What is the talk show that Bateman likes to watch as a part of his daily morning routine?
3. Bateman tells the frightened woman that he cannot take her out because he has ____________ in his freezer.
4. While at dinner, Bateman and his friends discuss questions they might want to send into a magazine. What magazine is discussed?
5. What does Bateman convince the young prostitute to do while he is on the phone with the escort service?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
2. What does Bateman give as an excuse as to why Evelyn cannot come over to his apartment?
3. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
4. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
5. Why doesn't Bateman just have someone else do his Christmas shopping for him as he knows Jean would?
6. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
7. What does Bateman think about his secretary, Jean, as he indicates in the narrative?
8. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
9. What do Price and Bateman realize about the drugs that they have received from the dealer?
10. What does Bateman feel he has embarrassed himself with in the course of the dinner conversation?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)