|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first machine that Bateman uses when he's at the gym to work out?
2. What does Bateman convince the young prostitute to do while he is on the phone with the escort service?
(a) Take a bath.
(b) Stand on the porch.
(c) Leave the apartment.
(d) Play with his dog.
3. Who does Bateman attempt to kill in order to get Courtney all to himself, though the attempt is not successful?
4. For what holiday is Bateman buying presents for all those in his life?
(a) New Year.
(c) Valentine's Day.
5. When Price and Bateman arrive at Evelyn's, they discover the women have laid out ____________ instead of being ready to go out to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes a man to believe that Bateman is flirting with him on the street as he heads to the store?
2. Evelyn begins to talk about how great their _________ would be while Bateman becomes angry as he's never talked about marrying Evelyn.
3. What does Price find as he is wandering around Evelyn's apartment at the beginning of the story?
4. What does Bateman want from Paul Owen, which is why he creates a devious plan to get it from him?
5. Where does Bateman meet his friends to discuss the proper way of wearing some clothes and the homeless people in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman do when he is cruising in the meat packing district after talking with Courtney?
2. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
3. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
4. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
5. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
6. Though Bateman apologizes about disliking the pizza at Pastels, what does McDermott insist about this pizza?
7. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
8. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
9. What happens between Tim Price and the homeless man at the start of the novel?
10. Why doesn't Bateman just have someone else do his Christmas shopping for him as he knows Jean would?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)