|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Bateman and Price realize about the cocaine they thought they had bought? What does it turn out to be?
(c) Artificial sweetener.
(d) Baking soda.
2. Bateman picks out the _______________ looking girl on the street, young and blonde, when he goes to the meat packing district.
3. What does Bateman ask Jean to look out for as he wants to buy one when he can?
(a) Digital phone.
(b) Tanning bed.
(d) Flat screen TV.
4. Who does Bateman attempt to kill in order to get Courtney all to himself, though the attempt is not successful?
5. Bateman compares his ______________ to the equipment that he has, trying to convince the man that his is superior.
(a) Stereo equipment.
(d) Book collection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bateman's date seem to want to do during their date, though he dislikes this activity?
2. ___________ teases a homeless man with money, but then refuses to give it to him at the start of the book.
3. ___________ seems agitated at the club and unhappy, fixated on the railroad tracks that run through the club.
4. Who is the one that hates the restaurant and is in a bad mood when they arrive at the building and then sit down?
5. Where does Bateman meet his friends to discuss the proper way of wearing some clothes and the homeless people in the city?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman find out about his date one night with Patricia, as indicated by several messages on his answering machine?
2. What happens between Tim Price and the homeless man at the start of the novel?
3. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who wants to make a date with him?
4. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
5. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
6. What does Bateman tell his co-worker during the lunch when they talk about the Bahamas, though his co-worker doesn't hear what Bateman said?
7. What does Bateman give as an excuse as to why Evelyn cannot come over to his apartment?
8. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
9. What do Bateman and Evelyn find when they go into the bathroom in order to do the drugs they bought?
10. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)