|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bateman sees a __________ sitting in a doorway with a small dog and he proceeds to lecture this person.
2. Bateman goes to _______________ where he runs into Courtney and Luis before leaving to walk home on his own.
(a) A black tie dinner.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) A movie store.
(d) A club.
3. What do Bateman and Price realize about the cocaine they thought they had bought? What does it turn out to be?
(a) Baking soda.
(c) Artificial sweetener.
4. What is the first machine that Bateman uses when he's at the gym to work out?
5. What does Price find as he is wandering around Evelyn's apartment at the beginning of the story?
(a) Another couple.
(c) A dead body.
(d) A window open.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman brushes his teeth with ____________ different products, ____________ times, with ___________ different toothbrushes.
2. For what holiday is Bateman buying presents for all those in his life?
3. What do Bateman and Courtney argue about when they go back to Courtney's apartment to have sex?
4. Who is Luis Carruthers currently dating according to this section of the book?
5. While at dinner, Bateman and his friends discuss questions they might want to send into a magazine. What magazine is discussed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Price and Bateman realize about the drugs that they have received from the dealer?
2. What does Bateman think about his secretary, Jean, as he indicates in the narrative?
3. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
4. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
5. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
6. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
7. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
8. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
9. What does Bateman feel he has embarrassed himself with in the course of the dinner conversation?
10. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
This section contains 616 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)