|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Bateman moves to a different seat, he feels like the lead singer, ______________, is staring at him and that the two of them make a soul connection.
(a) Whitney Houston.
(c) Phil Collins.
2. At what club do Bateman and his friends meet, eventually discussing serial killers together?
(b) Yacht Club.
(c) Yale Club.
3. What does Bateman want from Paul Owen, which is why he creates a devious plan to get it from him?
(a) His account.
(b) A car.
(c) His money.
(d) His wife.
4. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
(d) Circus performers.
5. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Goes to sleep.
(c) Has sex with Price.
(d) Starts to undress.
Short Answer Questions
1. As his co-worker is talking, Bateman thinks about the Patty Winters Show and the ___________ parade he saw on his way to work.
2. Bateman ends up wandering into a Kosher restaurant to order a _____________ that is not on the menu.
3. Bateman bribes __________ limo driver into taking Bateman and Evelyn to a club.
4. Evelyn begins to talk about how great their _________ would be while Bateman becomes angry as he's never talked about marrying Evelyn.
5. An artist at the party believes that the ____________ is moving on his plate, making him a central focus of the dinner.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
2. What does Bateman lecture a homeless man about on his way home from a black tie dinner?
3. What do Price and Bateman discover when they arrive at Evelyn's house after their taxi ride?
4. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
5. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
6. Why doesn't Bateman just have someone else do his Christmas shopping for him as he knows Jean would?
7. What happens between Tim Price and the homeless man at the start of the novel?
8. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
9. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
10. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)