|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bateman goes into a video story to rent __________, but leaves when he notices a co-worker there too.
(b) A comedy.
(c) An action flick.
(d) A drama.
2. ___________ seems agitated at the club and unhappy, fixated on the railroad tracks that run through the club.
3. When Bateman is done having sex with the two blondes, he decides to tie them up and _____________ them.
(c) Sleep with.
4. Who does Bateman realize may be having an affair, which only mildly disappoints him?
(a) Price and Courtney.
(b) Evelyn and Courtney.
(c) Courtney and the artist.
(d) Price and Evelyn.
5. Who does Bateman attempt to kill in order to get Courtney all to himself, though the attempt is not successful?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the club, Bateman buys some _______________ and tries to find a stall for him and Evelyn to take it in.
2. After the concert, Bateman finds out that two of the _____________ tried to get Courtney and Evelyn backstage to meet the band.
3. What do Bateman and Price realize about the cocaine they thought they had bought? What does it turn out to be?
4. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
5. What does Bateman ask Jean to look out for as he wants to buy one when he can?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Bateman worried when they arrive at Pastels at the start of this section of the book?
2. Why does Bateman become angry with Evelyn during the course of his dinner with her?
3. When Evelyn asks whether Bateman has seen Tim Price, what does Bateman reveal that he knows about Price?
4. Why is the man who opens up the laundry from Bateman not surprised by what he finds in the bag?
5. What does Bateman tell his co-worker during the lunch when they talk about the Bahamas, though his co-worker doesn't hear what Bateman said?
6. Why does Bateman rush himself out of the party that Evelyn throws, asking her to come with him?
7. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
8. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
9. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
10. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)