|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
(d) Circus performers.
2. What does Bateman decide that he needs to get before he can settle in for an evening at home?
(b) New sheets.
(d) His laundry.
3. What does not shock the dry cleaner when they pull out Bateman's laundry from its bag?
(a) The pieces of paper.
(b) The blood.
(c) The dead animal.
(d) The finger.
4. What does Bateman end up buying at D'Agastino's that he doesn't actually need to buy?
(c) Box of cereal.
(d) Potato chips.
5. Bateman listens as the women talk about settling down to _______________ when he is at dinner with them.
(a) Pampered existence.
(b) Have children.
(c) A rich life.
(d) Park Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Luis Carruthers discusses his latest trip to _______________ when he is meeting with Bateman at the office.
2. An artist at the party believes that the ____________ is moving on his plate, making him a central focus of the dinner.
3. Bateman rushes _____________ out of the room when he realizes that his identity might be discovered.
4. McDermott insists to Bateman that his idol, __________________, loves the pizza at Pastels, even though Bateman does not.
5. Who stays with Price even as the others in their group decide to go into the club's basement?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens between Tim Price and the homeless man at the start of the novel?
2. What is the problem at the dry cleaners at the start of this section of the book which causes Bateman to argue with the owners?
3. What happens when Paul Owen comes over to the table at Harry's to talk with Bateman and the other men?
4. What does Bateman do when he is cruising in the meat packing district after talking with Courtney?
5. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
6. What do Bateman and Evelyn find when they go into the bathroom in order to do the drugs they bought?
7. Why is Bateman worried when they arrive at Pastels at the start of this section of the book?
8. What does the artist feel about the sushi that is being served at the dinner Bateman is attending at the start of the novel?
9. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
10. What does Bateman realize about Evelyn and Price as she is brushing her hair and Price is talking to her?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)