|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
(d) Sports Illustrated.
2. What does Bateman decide to order from McDonald's after murdering the two beings that he murders after the dinner?
(b) Milk shakes.
(c) Big breakfast.
(d) Breakfast burritos.
3. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
(d) Circus performers.
4. Bateman in another section discusses ______________, the band, in great detail, exhaustively dissecting each of their albums and pointing out the songs which make them great.
(a) The Bangles.
(b) The Police.
5. What television show does Bateman then watch on his watch when he's in the office?
(a) Sally Jessy.
(b) Patty Winters Show.
(c) Wheel of Fortune.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman tells the frightened woman that he cannot take her out because he has ____________ in his freezer.
2. Where do Price and Bateman go for dinner toward the end of this section of the book?
3. Bateman is worried they did not arrive at ________ early enough to get a good table, but it turns out their table is fine.
4. Who finds the teasing of the homeless man to be a little embarrassing as he/she witnesses it?
5. After the concert, Bateman finds out that two of the _____________ tried to get Courtney and Evelyn backstage to meet the band.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bateman experience when he is watching Bono in U2 for the first time when out with friends?
2. Who is the other couple that is in the apartment with Bateman, Price, and the two women?
3. What happens between Tim Price and the homeless man at the start of the novel?
4. What is the health club routine Bateman follows when he goes out for his daily workout?
5. What is disturbing to Bateman about the party which Evelyn throws for the Christmas holiday?
6. What are two of the subjects Bateman and his friends discuss when they are out at Harry's?
7. Though Bateman apologizes about disliking the pizza at Pastels, what does McDermott insist about this pizza?
8. Why doesn't Bateman want to share a pizza with the others, even though one person suggests they all do so?
9. What does Bateman find out about his date one night with Patricia, as indicated by several messages on his answering machine?
10. Why does Bateman become angry with Evelyn during the course of his dinner with her?
This section contains 638 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)