|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Luis do when Bateman tries to make him get away from him?
(a) Wraps himself around Bateman's leg.
(b) Breaks a pane of glass.
(d) Hits Bateman.
2. Bateman is in ____________ looking for a birthday present for his brother when he runs into Luis Carruthers.
(a) Paul Smith.
3. After Bateman leaves, he realizes he does not have the strong urge to ____________ when he is with Jean.
(b) Have sex.
(c) Impress anyone.
4. How does Bateman end up killing Paul Owen, after revealing his true identity to him?
(a) An ax.
(b) A chainsaw.
(c) A rat.
(d) A chopstick.
5. What does Bateman try to use in order to escape from the police during his killing spree?
(a) Someone's car.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A bus.
(d) A motorcycle.
6. What does Bateman accept the delivery of when he also notices that he has a rat in his bathroom?
(a) New CDs.
(b) A chest of drawers.
(c) A group of new electronics.
(d) A new couch.
7. Why wasn't Bateman able to get a reservation at Dorsia as he had hoped he would?
(a) Short notice.
(b) Not enough money.
(c) Not a celebrity.
(d) A waitress remembered his sick side.
8. A few days before Christmas, Bateman takes Jeanette for ________________ on his way to the airport.
(a) An abortion.
(b) A job interview.
(c) Spa appointment.
(d) A visit with his mother.
9. What does Bateman take to the gym with the intention of killing everyone in the place?
(a) A bomb.
(b) A gun.
(c) A can of poison gas.
(d) A knive.
10. Bateman spends the rest of his summer going from one ______________ to another to pass the time.
(b) Beach house.
11. How many children has Bateman had to have aborted, according to his own confession?
12. Who comes over to Luis and Bateman to help distract Luis long enough for Bateman to escape?
(a) Tim Price.
13. Who is the 1980s band that Bateman discusses in detail after the scene with the police officers and the escape?
(b) Whitney Houston.
(d) Huey Lewis and the News.
14. What happens during the lunch between Paul Owen and Patrick Bateman?
(a) Bateman gets very drunk.
(b) The food is undercooked.
(c) The men have sex.
(d) Paul gets very drunk.
15. Bateman decides against the gym killing spree because the ________ and the murder the night before has sated his urge to kill.
(a) Urinal cake.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman is deeply _____________ when the private detective comes by, but the detective doesn't seem to notice.
2. What does Bateman end up smearing all over the walls of his apartment in frustration with his experiment?
3. How does Bateman manage to capture the large rat that he finds in his apartment?
4. What does Bateman put Owen into in order to transport the body to another location?
5. Who is NOT one of the people who goes to Nell's at the start of this section of the book?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)