|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the phone call about dinner, both Evelyn and ____________ call Bateman to make plans that night.
2. Finally at dinner, Bateman tells Evelyn that their relationship ______________ and he no longer wants to see her.
(a) Isn't fun anymore.
(b) Is meaningless.
(c) Was always fake.
(d) Is over.
3. Why did the rat that Bateman kept in a cage die?
(a) It was hit with a whip.
(b) It was doused in acid.
(c) It was drowned.
(d) It was starved.
4. After Bateman leaves, he realizes he does not have the strong urge to ____________ when he is with Jean.
(b) Impress anyone.
(c) Have sex.
5. How does Jean react when it's clear that Bateman does not have a reservation for the first restaurant?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She finds it amusing.
(c) She takes charge.
(d) She leaves.
6. Who decides to go get drugs in order to liven things up at Nell's since things are pretty dull for the group?
7. How many children has Bateman had to have aborted, according to his own confession?
8. Bateman is looking at the rat he killed while talking to _____________ and Hamlin about where they want to eat dinner.
9. Who comes over to Luis and Bateman to help distract Luis long enough for Bateman to escape?
(c) Tim Price.
10. Where does Bateman look in order to try to fake a reservation at Dorsia when he takes his date there?
(a) Reservation book.
(b) Bank account.
(c) Society page.
(d) Gossip magazine.
11. At the same time, Bateman can see himself ______________ with the woman who loves him, even though he says he doesn't love her.
(b) Having children.
(d) Settling down.
12. The serial killer in his letters talks about being able to feel the _______ of one of the victim's relatives staring at him.
13. Where do Jean and Bateman end up having dinner after they are kicked out of the first locale?
14. Who is NOT one of the people who goes to Nell's at the start of this section of the book?
(a) Patrick Bateman.
(b) Paul Owen.
(d) Alex Taylor.
15. Bateman is in ____________ looking for a birthday present for his brother when he runs into Luis Carruthers.
(a) Paul Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman notices there is a mild flirtation going on between Courtney and ______________, but it does not upset him.
2. How does Bateman manage to capture the large rat that he finds in his apartment?
3. Why did the prostitute from the meat packing district agree to go back with Bateman, even after the last time's events?
4. Jean has a _____________ effect on Bateman, but Bateman isn't sure he wants that sort of effect in his life.
5. ___________ arranges for dinner at Dorsia, proving to Bateman that he has the clout to get in.
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)