|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What leaves Bateman feeling bored when he is hanging out at Nell's with some of his friends?
(a) The food.
(b) The stupid girls who came along.
(c) The drugs.
(d) The music.
2. What does Bateman fail to order when he goes out with McDermott to Smith & Wollensky?
(a) Wheat toast.
(b) Orange juice.
(c) Hash browns.
3. What does Bateman share with Jean that he really hasn't shared with anyone else in his life?
(a) His urges to kill.
(b) His knowledge of trivia.
(c) His real name.
(d) His family history.
4. Who ended up falling asleep at Nell's, because of how boring the scene was?
5. At the same time, Bateman can see himself ______________ with the woman who loves him, even though he says he doesn't love her.
(a) Settling down.
(c) Having children.
6. What does Bateman try to use in order to escape from the police during his killing spree?
(a) A bus.
(b) A motorcycle.
(c) A taxi.
(d) Someone's car.
7. Jean has a _____________ effect on Bateman, but Bateman isn't sure he wants that sort of effect in his life.
8. How does Bateman get the child to come with him when they are at the answer to #134?
(a) A warning about his mother.
(b) A cookie.
(c) A puppy.
(d) A piece of candy.
9. How does Jean react when it's clear that Bateman does not have a reservation for the first restaurant?
(a) She leaves.
(b) She takes charge.
(c) She finds it amusing.
(d) She is angry.
10. Bateman spends the rest of his summer going from one ______________ to another to pass the time.
(d) Beach house.
11. Where does Bateman's dinner partner want to go, though Bateman realizes he will be unable to secure reservations there?
12. Who is Courtney planning on marrying soon, according to the narrative in the text?
13. Who is the 1980s band that Bateman discusses in detail after the scene with the police officers and the escape?
(a) Huey Lewis and the News.
(d) Whitney Houston.
14. What does Bateman use to pay for the meal, which makes him feel like he might be better than his dinner partner?
(a) Platinum American Express.
(b) Gold Card.
(c) Nothing - he never has to pay.
15. The private investigator has already decided that Paul Owen has ____________ and will reappear when he is ready.
(a) Left town.
(b) Been killed
(d) Gone on vacation.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman tells the women to meet him at _______________________ where they run into each other.
2. What happens when Jean and Bateman are found to not have a reservation at the restaurant?
3. Luis tells Bateman that he is moving to _______________ because he loves Bateman too much that he can not stand seeing him at work every day.
4. Who decides to go get drugs in order to liven things up at Nell's since things are pretty dull for the group?
5. Evelyn believes that her special present has come from ___________ because of the box it is in.
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)