|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What shocks Bateman about the condition of Owen's apartment when he arrives there?
(a) It is condemned.
(b) It's perfectly clean.
(c) It's still dirty.
(d) It's infested with fleas.
2. A few days before Christmas, Bateman takes Jeanette for ________________ on his way to the airport.
(a) A visit with his mother.
(b) An abortion.
(c) Spa appointment.
(d) A job interview.
3. Why wasn't Bateman able to get a reservation at Dorsia as he had hoped he would?
(a) A waitress remembered his sick side.
(b) Not enough money.
(c) Short notice.
(d) Not a celebrity.
4. Who is Courtney planning on marrying soon, according to the narrative in the text?
5. Bateman is not close to _____________ and he would not normally have dinner with him.
(a) His priest.
(b) His lawyer.
(c) His boss.
(d) His brother.
6. Who comes by to ask Bateman about the whereabouts of Paul Owen, leaving Bateman slightly nervous?
(b) Private investigator.
(c) His boss.
7. What does Bateman end up smearing all over the walls of his apartment in frustration with his experiment?
(b) The oil.
(c) A dead rat.
(d) The girl's meat.
8. When Bateman sees a man playing a __________ outside of the club, he goes up to him and shoots him in the head.
9. Who ended up falling asleep at Nell's, because of how boring the scene was?
10. During the phone call about dinner, both Evelyn and ____________ call Bateman to make plans that night.
11. Who is NOT one of the people who goes to Nell's at the start of this section of the book?
(a) Alex Taylor.
(b) Paul Owen.
(c) Patrick Bateman.
12. What does Bateman discover at the place he goes to visit that was not there before?
(a) A new lock.
(b) A new address.
(c) A doorman.
(d) A new tenant.
13. When Bateman finds himself without plans for dinner, who does he decide to ask to go out with him?
14. Evelyn and Batemen are restless on vacation, missing the _____________ of the city.
15. What leaves Bateman feeling bored when he is hanging out at Nell's with some of his friends?
(a) The music.
(b) The stupid girls who came along.
(c) The food.
(d) The drugs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes suspicious of Bateman when he is at the apartment, asking him to leave the premises?
2. The private investigator has already decided that Paul Owen has ____________ and will reappear when he is ready.
3. Finally at dinner, Bateman tells Evelyn that their relationship ______________ and he no longer wants to see her.
4. Bateman spends the rest of his summer going from one ______________ to another to pass the time.
5. Bateman decides against the gym killing spree because the ________ and the murder the night before has sated his urge to kill.
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)