|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who comes by to ask Bateman about the whereabouts of Paul Owen, leaving Bateman slightly nervous?
(a) His boss.
(c) Private investigator.
2. After Bateman leaves, he realizes he does not have the strong urge to ____________ when he is with Jean.
(b) Impress anyone.
(d) Have sex.
3. Where does Bateman decide to go in order to check up on the mess he's left there?
(a) Hell's Kitchen.
(b) His office.
(c) Owen's place.
(d) His apartment.
4. Who comes over to Luis and Bateman to help distract Luis long enough for Bateman to escape?
(d) Tim Price.
5. Bateman ends up killing the two girls at the start of the section with knives and the _______________.
(a) Nail gun.
6. What does Luis do when Bateman tries to make him get away from him?
(a) Wraps himself around Bateman's leg.
(c) Breaks a pane of glass.
(d) Hits Bateman.
7. What does Bateman do when the mom finds her child? Bateman pretends to be a ______________ and ensures the child dies.
(d) Police officier.
8. Once Bateman is home, he tries to _______________ the girl from the club, but it doesn't work as well as he would have liked.
(b) Have sex with.
(d) Cook and eat.
9. Finally at dinner, Bateman tells Evelyn that their relationship ______________ and he no longer wants to see her.
(a) Is meaningless.
(b) Isn't fun anymore.
(c) Was always fake.
(d) Is over.
10. How does Bateman manage to capture the large rat that he finds in his apartment?
(a) He doesn't.
(b) A trap.
(c) His bare hands.
(d) A box.
11. What does Bateman use in order to keep Luis away from him so that he can go home without incident?
(a) A knife.
(b) A Taser.
(c) A gun.
(d) A can of mace.
12. Who is Courtney planning on marrying soon, according to the narrative in the text?
13. Once Owen is dead, Bateman decides to make Owen's apartment look as though he decided to go to _______________ for a bit.
(b) The Hamptons.
(c) The Bahamas.
14. A few days before Christmas, Bateman takes Jeanette for ________________ on his way to the airport.
(a) Spa appointment.
(b) A visit with his mother.
(c) A job interview.
(d) An abortion.
15. Where does Bateman look in order to try to fake a reservation at Dorsia when he takes his date there?
(a) Society page.
(b) Bank account.
(c) Gossip magazine.
(d) Reservation book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bateman end up killing Paul Owen, after revealing his true identity to him?
2. How many children has Bateman had to have aborted, according to his own confession?
3. ___________ arranges for dinner at Dorsia, proving to Bateman that he has the clout to get in.
4. The taxi driver that recognizes Bateman from the other night takes him under a bridge and ______________.
5. Who does Bateman have lunch with, though he is terribly nervous and awkward in spite of the person being patient with him?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)