|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The taxi driver that recognizes Bateman from the other night takes him under a bridge and ______________.
(a) Mugs him.
(b) Drowns him in the river.
(c) Kills them both.
(d) Shoots him.
2. Jean has a _____________ effect on Bateman, but Bateman isn't sure he wants that sort of effect in his life.
3. Where is Bateman traveling to when he drops Jeanette off at the location as referenced in #176?
4. How does Bateman get the child to come with him when they are at the answer to #134?
(a) A piece of candy.
(b) A puppy.
(c) A cookie.
(d) A warning about his mother.
5. How does Jean react when it's clear that Bateman does not have a reservation for the first restaurant?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She leaves.
(c) She finds it amusing.
(d) She takes charge.
6. What does Bateman do when he arrives at his office during his dramatic escape from the police?
(a) Tries to kill himself.
(b) Calls Bethany.
(c) Calls Jean to tell her the truth.
(d) Confesses on the lawyer's answering machine.
7. Once Owen is dead, Bateman decides to make Owen's apartment look as though he decided to go to _______________ for a bit.
(c) The Hamptons.
(d) The Bahamas.
8. Who is NOT one of the people who goes to Nell's at the start of this section of the book?
(a) Paul Owen.
(c) Alex Taylor.
(d) Patrick Bateman.
9. What does Bateman accept the delivery of when he also notices that he has a rat in his bathroom?
(a) New CDs.
(b) A group of new electronics.
(c) A chest of drawers.
(d) A new couch.
10. Who is the 1980s band that Bateman discusses in detail after the scene with the police officers and the escape?
(b) Huey Lewis and the News.
(c) Whitney Houston.
11. Bateman tells the women to meet him at _______________________ where they run into each other.
(a) His apartment building.
(b) Different restaurants.
(c) The zoo.
(d) The same restaurant.
12. What does Bateman encourage the two women he invites over to his apartment to do?
(a) Watch a movie.
(b) Leave before he kills them.
(c) Have sex with each other.
(d) Kill each other.
13. Why did the prostitute from the meat packing district agree to go back with Bateman, even after the last time's events?
(a) More money and promise for less pain.
(b) She is bored.
(c) She didn't. She was forced.
(d) She loves Bateman.
14. Bateman decides against the gym killing spree because the ________ and the murder the night before has sated his urge to kill.
(c) Urinal cake.
15. Why wasn't Bateman able to get a reservation at Dorsia as he had hoped he would?
(a) Not a celebrity.
(b) A waitress remembered his sick side.
(c) Short notice.
(d) Not enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Bateman decide to go in order to check up on the mess he's left there?
2. How many children has Bateman had to have aborted, according to his own confession?
3. At the same time, Bateman can see himself ______________ with the woman who loves him, even though he says he doesn't love her.
4. Who does Bateman kill before he runs off to the right building for his escape route?
5. Who happens to witness the shooting of the musician though Bateman didn't see him there before shooting?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)