|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Price find as he is wandering around Evelyn's apartment at the beginning of the story?
(a) Another couple.
(b) A window open.
(d) A dead body.
2. What restaurant does Bateman end up taking Patricia to since the preferred restaurant did not have any tables?
3. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
(a) Has sex with Price.
(b) Brushes her hair.
(c) Starts to undress.
(d) Goes to sleep.
4. Who does Bateman want to sit next to at the concert, but someone else keeps trying to talk to him?
5. Who is the one that hates the restaurant and is in a bad mood when they arrive at the building and then sit down?
6. Bateman goes to lunch with a co-worker who just returned from _____________ and talks about the commercial advantages of vacationing there.
(a) The Caymans.
(b) The Bahamas.
(c) The Hamptons.
7. What does Bateman's secretary remind him that he has to do while he is up and nursing a hangover after the restaurant?
(a) A meeting.
(b) Shopping for Christmas.
(c) A business trip.
(d) Flowers for his mother.
8. What is the first machine that Bateman uses when he's at the gym to work out?
9. Why does Bateman go out to buy gifts for everyone instead of sending Jean to do it?
(a) He needs a new victim.
(b) He wants to be alone.
(c) He wants to buy Jean something too.
(d) He enjoys buying gifts.
10. When Bateman moves to a different seat, he feels like the lead singer, ______________, is staring at him and that the two of them make a soul connection.
(a) Phil Collins.
(b) Whitney Houston.
11. Bateman ends up wandering into a Kosher restaurant to order a _____________ that is not on the menu.
(a) Milk shake.
12. Where does Bateman meet his friends to discuss the proper way of wearing some clothes and the homeless people in the city?
13. In the club, who decides to cause a scene as someone else is buying drinks and disappearing down the train tracks?
14. Who finds the teasing of the homeless man to be a little embarrassing as he/she witnesses it?
15. McDermott tries to talk everyone into sharing a ______________, though Bateman refuses to do so, causing a rift between them.
(a) Fish platter.
(d) Oyster dish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the profession of the man in the couple who Evelyn introduces to Price during this initial scene of the book?
2. In the middle of the conversation with his co-worker, Bateman admits he is bored with life and about how he wants to _____________.
3. Bateman goes cruising the meat packing district in a ___________ to find women to have sex with.
4. What does Bateman decide to order from McDonald's after murdering the two beings that he murders after the dinner?
5. What does Bateman ask Jean to look out for as he wants to buy one when he can?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)