|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ teases a homeless man with money, but then refuses to give it to him at the start of the book.
(a) Evelyn Smith.
(b) Patrick Bateman.
(c) Tim Price.
(d) No one.
2. What does Bateman want from Paul Owen, which is why he creates a devious plan to get it from him?
(a) A car.
(b) His money.
(c) His wife.
(d) His account.
3. At the dinner at Evelyn's, ____________ remains hostile in her silence when not making unintelligent comments about politics.
(a) The girlfriend.
(d) The artist.
4. Evelyn begins to talk about how great their _________ would be while Bateman becomes angry as he's never talked about marrying Evelyn.
5. What do Bateman and Courtney argue about when they go back to Courtney's apartment to have sex?
6. What does Bateman decide that he needs to get before he can settle in for an evening at home?
(a) His laundry.
(d) New sheets.
7. Who is the man from Bateman's office who mistakes him for Marcus Halberstam, a mistake Bateman does not correct?
(a) Tim Price.
(b) Paul Owen.
(c) John Major.
(d) Bill Owen.
8. What does Bateman's date seem to want to do during their date, though he dislikes this activity?
(a) Go to an art show.
(b) Go out to eat.
(c) Go to a concert.
(d) Go to a movie.
9. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
(d) Circus performers.
10. Who does Bateman realize is in love with him and he thinks that he might marry her one day?
11. While at dinner, Bateman and his friends discuss questions they might want to send into a magazine. What magazine is discussed?
(c) New Yorker.
12. What does Bateman ask Jean to look out for as he wants to buy one when he can?
(a) Flat screen TV.
(b) Tanning bed.
(c) Digital phone.
13. Who stays with Price even as the others in their group decide to go into the club's basement?
14. Who calls Bateman, upset that her neighbor was killed the night before?
15. Bateman goes into a video story to rent __________, but leaves when he notices a co-worker there too.
(a) A comedy.
(c) An action flick.
(d) A drama.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does not shock the dry cleaner when they pull out Bateman's laundry from its bag?
2. Bateman bribes __________ limo driver into taking Bateman and Evelyn to a club.
3. Why is Bateman concerned about choosing a restaurant? What does he want to ensure they can get?
4. When Bateman talks with the two blondes in his apartment, it becomes clear they are confused by _________________.
5. Who is the one that hates the restaurant and is in a bad mood when they arrive at the building and then sit down?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)