|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bateman listens as the women talk about settling down to _______________ when he is at dinner with them.
(a) A rich life.
(b) Park Avenue.
(c) Pampered existence.
(d) Have children.
2. What does Bateman ask Jean to look out for as he wants to buy one when he can?
(b) Flat screen TV.
(c) Digital phone.
(d) Tanning bed.
3. McDermott tries to talk everyone into sharing a ______________, though Bateman refuses to do so, causing a rift between them.
(c) Fish platter.
(d) Oyster dish.
4. What does Bateman promise to Courtney when he drops her off at a club?
(a) He will be back with drugs.
(b) He will park the car and be right in.
(c) He will not kill her.
(d) He will love her forever.
5. What does Bateman decide that he needs to get before he can settle in for an evening at home?
(b) New sheets.
(c) His laundry.
6. What club do Patricia and Bateman decide to go to, though when they go, the place is nearly empty?
(b) Go Go.
7. Who does Bateman attempt to kill in order to get Courtney all to himself, though the attempt is not successful?
8. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
(a) Brushes her hair.
(b) Starts to undress.
(c) Goes to sleep.
(d) Has sex with Price.
9. Who is not thrilled with Evelyn's choice in friends, according to the narrative at the start of the book?
10. Patrick Bateman and Tim Price get to Evelyn's home by _________ at the start of the book.
11. Evelyn begins to talk about how great their _________ would be while Bateman becomes angry as he's never talked about marrying Evelyn.
12. At the club, Bateman buys some _______________ and tries to find a stall for him and Evelyn to take it in.
13. Bateman in another section discusses ______________, the band, in great detail, exhaustively dissecting each of their albums and pointing out the songs which make them great.
(a) The Bangles.
(d) The Police.
14. What nightclub do the men decide to go to after they have eaten dinner at the restaurant?
(a) Studio 54.
15. Bateman goes to lunch with a co-worker who just returned from _____________ and talks about the commercial advantages of vacationing there.
(a) The Caymans.
(c) The Bahamas.
(d) The Hamptons.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bateman picks out the _______________ looking girl on the street, young and blonde, when he goes to the meat packing district.
2. In the middle of the conversation with his co-worker, Bateman admits he is bored with life and about how he wants to _____________.
3. Who does Bateman realize is in love with him and he thinks that he might marry her one day?
4. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
5. Bateman bribes __________ limo driver into taking Bateman and Evelyn to a club.
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)