|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bateman decide to order from McDonald's after murdering the two beings that he murders after the dinner?
(a) Milk shakes.
(b) Breakfast burritos.
(d) Big breakfast.
2. What club do Patricia and Bateman decide to go to, though when they go, the place is nearly empty?
(b) Go Go.
3. Who calls Bateman, upset that her neighbor was killed the night before?
4. Bateman goes to lunch with a co-worker who just returned from _____________ and talks about the commercial advantages of vacationing there.
(b) The Hamptons.
(c) The Caymans.
(d) The Bahamas.
5. Whose initials is the food that Courtney and Evelyn laid out shaped into, or rather attempted to be shaped into?
(a) Patrick Bateman's.
(b) Tim Price's.
6. What is the profession of the man in the couple who Evelyn introduces to Price during this initial scene of the book?
(c) Sports player.
7. Bateman tells the frightened woman that he cannot take her out because he has ____________ in his freezer.
(a) Her neighbor's head.
(b) Too many leftovers.
8. In the middle of the conversation with his co-worker, Bateman admits he is bored with life and about how he wants to _____________.
(a) Move away from it all.
(b) Kill the people around him.
(c) Strangle his boss.
(d) Kill himself.
9. Who does Bateman realize may be having an affair, which only mildly disappoints him?
(a) Price and Evelyn.
(b) Price and Courtney.
(c) Evelyn and Courtney.
(d) Courtney and the artist.
10. What does Bateman want from Paul Owen, which is why he creates a devious plan to get it from him?
(a) His wife.
(b) A car.
(c) His money.
(d) His account.
11. Luis Carruthers discusses his latest trip to _______________ when he is meeting with Bateman at the office.
12. After the concert, Bateman finds out that two of the _____________ tried to get Courtney and Evelyn backstage to meet the band.
(a) Band members.
(b) Ticket sellers.
(d) Security guards.
13. Bateman in another section discusses ______________, the band, in great detail, exhaustively dissecting each of their albums and pointing out the songs which make them great.
(a) The Police.
(b) The Bangles.
14. Bateman ends up wandering into a Kosher restaurant to order a _____________ that is not on the menu.
(d) Milk shake.
15. ___________ teases a homeless man with money, but then refuses to give it to him at the start of the book.
(a) No one.
(b) Tim Price.
(c) Patrick Bateman.
(d) Evelyn Smith.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who seems to want to set a date with him?
2. What does Bateman argue about with the woman who is working at the dry cleaner when he goes to drop off and pick up laundry?
3. What does not shock the dry cleaner when they pull out Bateman's laundry from its bag?
4. Bateman compares his ______________ to the equipment that he has, trying to convince the man that his is superior.
5. What causes a man to believe that Bateman is flirting with him on the street as he heads to the store?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)