|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ teases a homeless man with money, but then refuses to give it to him at the start of the book.
(a) Evelyn Smith.
(b) Patrick Bateman.
(c) Tim Price.
(d) No one.
2. Bateman is worried they did not arrive at ________ early enough to get a good table, but it turns out their table is fine.
3. What does not shock the dry cleaner when they pull out Bateman's laundry from its bag?
(a) The blood.
(b) The dead animal.
(c) The finger.
(d) The pieces of paper.
4. McDermott insists to Bateman that his idol, __________________, loves the pizza at Pastels, even though Bateman does not.
(a) Donald Trump.
(b) Phil Collins.
(c) Tom Cruise.
(d) John Hughes.
5. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
(b) Sports Illustrated.
6. Who does Bateman attempt to kill in order to get Courtney all to himself, though the attempt is not successful?
7. At the dinner at Evelyn's, ____________ remains hostile in her silence when not making unintelligent comments about politics.
(b) The artist.
(d) The girlfriend.
8. What does Bateman do when he picks up the stranger's dog which causes the man to be completely shocked?
(a) Kisses the dog passionately.
(b) Runs away with it.
(c) Disembowels the dog.
(d) Throws it on the ground.
9. What does Bateman promise to Courtney when he drops her off at a club?
(a) He will love her forever.
(b) He will not kill her.
(c) He will be back with drugs.
(d) He will park the car and be right in.
10. What does Price find as he is wandering around Evelyn's apartment at the beginning of the story?
(b) A window open.
(c) A dead body.
(d) Another couple.
11. What does Bateman's date seem to want to do during their date, though he dislikes this activity?
(a) Go to a movie.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) Go out to eat.
(d) Go to an art show.
12. At what club do Bateman and his friends meet, eventually discussing serial killers together?
(b) Yale Club.
(d) Yacht Club.
13. Evelyn begins to talk about how great their _________ would be while Bateman becomes angry as he's never talked about marrying Evelyn.
14. Bateman picks out the _______________ looking girl on the street, young and blonde, when he goes to the meat packing district.
15. Evelyn has hired ___________ to be the wait staff at her annual holiday party, which is disturbing and fascinating to Bateman.
(d) Circus performers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bateman end up buying at D'Agastino's that he doesn't actually need to buy?
2. What does Bateman ask Jean to look out for as he wants to buy one when he can?
3. Why does Bateman go out to buy gifts for everyone instead of sending Jean to do it?
4. Who is the one that hates the restaurant and is in a bad mood when they arrive at the building and then sit down?
5. While at dinner, Bateman and his friends discuss questions they might want to send into a magazine. What magazine is discussed?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)