|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. ___________ seems agitated at the club and unhappy, fixated on the railroad tracks that run through the club.
2. What does Bateman's date seem to want to do during their date, though he dislikes this activity?
(a) Go to an art show.
(b) Go to a concert.
(c) Go to a movie.
(d) Go out to eat.
3. What does Bateman end up buying at D'Agastino's that he doesn't actually need to buy?
(b) Box of cereal.
(d) Potato chips.
4. Bateman goes to _______________ where he runs into Courtney and Luis before leaving to walk home on his own.
(a) A club.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) A black tie dinner.
(d) A movie store.
5. McDermott tries to talk everyone into sharing a ______________, though Bateman refuses to do so, causing a rift between them.
(a) Oyster dish.
(c) Fish platter.
6. What magazine does Bateman decide to read when he is at his desk when he comes into work late that day?
(c) Sports Illustrated.
7. When Price and Bateman arrive at Evelyn's, they discover the women have laid out ____________ instead of being ready to go out to eat.
8. What restaurant does Bateman end up taking Patricia to since the preferred restaurant did not have any tables?
9. What does Price find as he is wandering around Evelyn's apartment at the beginning of the story?
(a) A dead body.
(b) Another couple.
(c) A window open.
10. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Has sex with Price.
(c) Brushes her hair.
(d) Starts to undress.
11. Which celebrity does Bateman run into when he is in the elevator, though he forgets the name of one of this actor's films?
(a) Tom Cruise.
(b) John Hughes.
(c) Tom Skerritt.
(d) Tom Arnold.
12. What does Bateman argue about with the woman who is working at the dry cleaner when he goes to drop off and pick up laundry?
(a) The bags.
(b) A stain.
(c) A missing sock.
(d) The price.
13. Bateman goes into a video story to rent __________, but leaves when he notices a co-worker there too.
(b) A comedy.
(c) An action flick.
(d) A drama.
14. Who does Bateman want to sit next to at the concert, but someone else keeps trying to talk to him?
15. What does Bateman reveal to Evelyn in reference to the whereabouts of Tim Price who is suddenly missing?
(a) He may be in rehab.
(b) He killed him.
(c) He ran off with a younger women.
(d) He killed himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who finds the teasing of the homeless man to be a little embarrassing as he/she witnesses it?
2. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who seems to want to set a date with him?
3. An artist at the party believes that the ____________ is moving on his plate, making him a central focus of the dinner.
4. What do Bateman and Courtney argue about when they go back to Courtney's apartment to have sex?
5. What is the profession of the man in the couple who Evelyn introduces to Price during this initial scene of the book?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)