|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose concert does Bateman end up seeing because Luis Carruthers decides to arrange it for the group of friends?
(a) Whitney Houston.
2. Luis Carruthers discusses his latest trip to _______________ when he is meeting with Bateman at the office.
3. What does Bateman end up buying at D'Agastino's that he doesn't actually need to buy?
(a) Box of cereal.
(b) Potato chips.
4. In the club, who decides to cause a scene as someone else is buying drinks and disappearing down the train tracks?
5. Bateman goes to _______________ where he runs into Courtney and Luis before leaving to walk home on his own.
(a) A movie store.
(b) A club.
(c) A black tie dinner.
(d) The grocery store.
6. What does Bateman's secretary remind him that he has to do while he is up and nursing a hangover after the restaurant?
(a) Flowers for his mother.
(b) Shopping for Christmas.
(c) A meeting.
(d) A business trip.
7. Who is not thrilled with Evelyn's choice in friends, according to the narrative at the start of the book?
8. What does Bateman convince the young prostitute to do while he is on the phone with the escort service?
(a) Leave the apartment.
(b) Stand on the porch.
(c) Play with his dog.
(d) Take a bath.
9. Who becomes offended by the whole bathroom situation and storms out of the club?
(a) The escort.
10. Who does Bateman realize is in love with him and he thinks that he might marry her one day?
11. McDermott insists to Bateman that his idol, __________________, loves the pizza at Pastels, even though Bateman does not.
(a) Tom Cruise.
(b) Phil Collins.
(c) Donald Trump.
(d) John Hughes.
12. What does Bateman reveal to Evelyn in reference to the whereabouts of Tim Price who is suddenly missing?
(a) He killed himself.
(b) He may be in rehab.
(c) He ran off with a younger women.
(d) He killed him.
13. What does Price find as he is wandering around Evelyn's apartment at the beginning of the story?
(b) A dead body.
(c) Another couple.
(d) A window open.
14. Bateman bribes __________ limo driver into taking Bateman and Evelyn to a club.
(b) A stranger's.
15. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
(a) Goes to sleep.
(b) Has sex with Price.
(c) Brushes her hair.
(d) Starts to undress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which celebrity does Bateman run into when he is in the elevator, though he forgets the name of one of this actor's films?
2. Bateman goes into a video story to rent __________, but leaves when he notices a co-worker there too.
3. When Bateman moves to a different seat, he feels like the lead singer, ______________, is staring at him and that the two of them make a soul connection.
4. Who calls Bateman, upset that her neighbor was killed the night before?
5. Who does Bateman ask to talk to the dry cleaners for him since he does not have the time to do it himself?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)