|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bateman go out to buy gifts for everyone instead of sending Jean to do it?
(a) He wants to be alone.
(b) He enjoys buying gifts.
(c) He needs a new victim.
(d) He wants to buy Jean something too.
2. What does Bateman decide that he needs to get before he can settle in for an evening at home?
(a) His laundry.
(c) New sheets.
3. As his co-worker is talking, Bateman thinks about the Patty Winters Show and the ___________ parade he saw on his way to work.
(b) Anti United States.
(c) Gay pride.
4. When Bateman is done having sex with the two blondes, he decides to tie them up and _____________ them.
(b) Sleep with.
5. Who is not thrilled with Evelyn's choice in friends, according to the narrative at the start of the book?
6. When Bateman talks with the two blondes in his apartment, it becomes clear they are confused by _________________.
(a) The blood on the floor.
(b) His dog.
(c) What he does for a living.
(d) His instructions.
7. Bateman decides to go for a ______________ at a local salon and spa, a part of his routine.
8. How does Bateman brush off the girl from his apartment who seems to want to set a date with him?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Pushes her away.
(c) Promises to call.
(d) Kills her.
9. Which celebrity does Bateman run into when he is in the elevator, though he forgets the name of one of this actor's films?
(a) Tom Arnold.
(b) Tom Skerritt.
(c) John Hughes.
(d) Tom Cruise.
10. What do Bateman and Price realize about the cocaine they thought they had bought? What does it turn out to be?
(a) Artificial sweetener.
(c) Baking soda.
11. What causes a man to believe that Bateman is flirting with him on the street as he heads to the store?
(a) He admires the man's dog.
(b) He pinches his backside.
(c) He touches the man.
(d) He gives the other man his number.
12. McDermott tries to talk everyone into sharing a ______________, though Bateman refuses to do so, causing a rift between them.
(b) Fish platter.
(d) Oyster dish.
13. Who does Bateman attempt to kill in order to get Courtney all to himself, though the attempt is not successful?
14. What does Bateman argue about with the woman who is working at the dry cleaner when he goes to drop off and pick up laundry?
(a) The bags.
(b) A stain.
(c) The price.
(d) A missing sock.
15. At the dinner at Evelyn's, ____________ remains hostile in her silence when not making unintelligent comments about politics.
(a) The artist.
(c) The girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first machine that Bateman uses when he's at the gym to work out?
2. Bateman goes into a video story to rent __________, but leaves when he notices a co-worker there too.
3. Bateman lounges on Evelyn's bed with Price in the room and watches as she ______________________.
4. Who does Bateman ask to talk to the dry cleaners for him since he does not have the time to do it himself?
5. Bateman bribes __________ limo driver into taking Bateman and Evelyn to a club.
This section contains 546 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)