|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While at dinner, Bateman and his friends discuss questions they might want to send into a magazine. What magazine is discussed?
(a) New Yorker.
2. Who is not thrilled with Evelyn's choice in friends, according to the narrative at the start of the book?
3. An artist at the party believes that the ____________ is moving on his plate, making him a central focus of the dinner.
4. What is the first machine that Bateman uses when he's at the gym to work out?
5. Who does Bateman attempt to kill in order to get Courtney all to himself, though the attempt is not successful?
6. What does Bateman do when he picks up the stranger's dog which causes the man to be completely shocked?
(a) Runs away with it.
(b) Throws it on the ground.
(c) Kisses the dog passionately.
(d) Disembowels the dog.
7. Bateman has dinner with _________ and her friends at a place called Deck Chairs one evening in this section of the book.
8. ___________ teases a homeless man with money, but then refuses to give it to him at the start of the book.
(a) Tim Price.
(b) Evelyn Smith.
(c) Patrick Bateman.
(d) No one.
9. Bateman is worried they did not arrive at ________ early enough to get a good table, but it turns out their table is fine.
10. Where does Bateman meet his friends to discuss the proper way of wearing some clothes and the homeless people in the city?
11. After the concert, Bateman finds out that two of the _____________ tried to get Courtney and Evelyn backstage to meet the band.
(a) Security guards.
(b) Ticket sellers.
(d) Band members.
12. What club do Patricia and Bateman decide to go to, though when they go, the place is nearly empty?
(a) Go Go.
13. Whose concert does Bateman end up seeing because Luis Carruthers decides to arrange it for the group of friends?
(a) Whitney Houston.
14. Who calls Bateman, upset that her neighbor was killed the night before?
15. Bateman rushes _____________ out of the room when he realizes that his identity might be discovered.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bateman argue about with the woman who is working at the dry cleaner when he goes to drop off and pick up laundry?
2. Who finds the teasing of the homeless man to be a little embarrassing as he/she witnesses it?
3. What do Bateman and Price realize about the cocaine they thought they had bought? What does it turn out to be?
4. Who does Bateman realize is in love with him and he thinks that he might marry her one day?
5. What does Bateman's date seem to want to do during their date, though he dislikes this activity?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)