Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
April Fool's, Morning, Harry's Abstract
* Bateman rides in a taxi with his friend, Tim Price, to Evelyn's house.
* Bateman has dinner with friends.
* Bateman tries to have sex with Evelyn, but she refuses.
* Bateman has a complicated morning routine.
* Bateman is concerned about getting reservations at a restaurant.
Pastels, Tunnel, Office, Health Club, Date Abstract
This section contains 880 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)