Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Swede see having sex in the kitchen of his house at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What does Swede learn that Merry has become in Chapter 6?
3. What does Swede decide that Sheila is rather than omniscient?
4. Whose widow came to see Swede and was kind and forgiving in Chapter 5?
5. Who does the narrator say is the one who helped Merry become herself?
Discuss the irony of the outcome of Swede's life. What can be responsible for the obstacles present in Swede's life to explain for the tragedy surrounding his home life?
Discuss the portrayal of the family structure in the book. What might the author be saying about the typical portrayal of the family structure based on his depiction of Swede's family?
Early in the story it becomes clear that the author has made use of a narrator to tell this story.
Part 1) What purpose might the author have for choosing to use a narrator to tell the story of Swede?
Part 2) What is that reader able to learn about the book's characters that they would not have because of the narrator?
Part 3) What clues are given to suggest that the author has used his own persona as the narrator of the story?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)