|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Swede knock Bill down in high school?
2. What proceedings are Swede's parents watching on TV in Chapter 7?
3. Whom does Swede decide to call at the end of Chapter 6 to talk about Merry?
4. Who influenced Merry's thinking about woman revolutionaries and their need to sacrifice?
5. What does Merry admit to Swede that she is not compassionate enough to quit eating but will eventually in Chapter 6?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character Dawn. In what way did Dawn create her own depression by placing the blame on Merry's indiscretions?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the character Dawn and Marcia. What do the differences in these two characters' ideologies suggest about the natures of their characters?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the portrayal of the Jewish neighborhood in the book. What importance did this culture have in Nathan and Swede's upbringing and future?
This section contains 921 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)