|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swede realize Merry is in after he admits she has destroyed herself?
2. Whom does Swede feel are delighted with the outcome of corrupted children?
3. How much money does Rita keep from Merry that was from Swede?
4. What does Lou do to Swede for hanging onto the factory in Newark?
5. What does Swede's brother refer to him as because he cannot take the brutality of the world?
Essay Topic 1
Compare and contrast the characters Dawn and Merry. What does Dawn's insistence on making Merry her mirror image say about the struggles within these two characters
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the irony of the outcome of Swede's life. What can be responsible for the obstacles present in Swede's life to explain for the tragedy surrounding his home life?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character Dawn and Marcia. What do the differences in these two characters' ideologies suggest about the natures of their characters?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)