|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Swede assume has already called the police about Merry in Chapter 9?
2. What word does Swede use to describe his father as a mix with antagonism?
3. Who laughs at the end of Chapter 9 after Jessie stabs Lou with a fork?
4. Where does Rita tell Swede that Merry is working in Chapter 5?
5. Who was a great friend with Dawn's father before he passed away?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the author's use of tone. What details is the author able to introduce about the characters by using varying tones in one chapter?
Essay Topic 2
The story of Swede offers a unique and heartbreaking look into the life of an apparent American hero.
Part 1) What impact might Swede's upbringing and success as an athlete have on the way his life played out?
Part 2) What impact did Dawn's vanity and infidelity have on Swede's plight?
Part 3) What is telling of Swede based on his wanting to have a tribute to his father written by the narrator?
Essay Topic 3
Compare and contrast the character Dawn and Marcia. What do the differences in these two characters' ideologies suggest about the natures of their characters?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)