Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Swede see having sex in the kitchen of his house at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What does Swede learn that Merry has become in Chapter 6?
3. What does Swede decide that Sheila is rather than omniscient?
4. Whose widow came to see Swede and was kind and forgiving in Chapter 5?
5. Who does the narrator say is the one who helped Merry become herself?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character Dawn. In what way did Dawn create her own depression by placing the blame on Merry's indiscretions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the portrayal of the structure of society in the book. What might the author be saying about social stereotypes based on his portrayal of Swede and his friends?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the character Rita Cohen. What purpose did Rita's character serve to further the story other than terrorizing Swede?
This section contains 175 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)