Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Swede see having sex in the kitchen of his house at the end of Chapter 7?
2. What does Swede learn that Merry has become in Chapter 6?
3. What does Swede decide that Sheila is rather than omniscient?
4. Whose widow came to see Swede and was kind and forgiving in Chapter 5?
5. Who does the narrator say is the one who helped Merry become herself?
Examine the role of the dinner party in the book. How do the events at the dinner party represent the crashing down of everything in Swede's life?
Examine the role of stuttering in the book. What did Merry's bout with stuttering suggest about her mental health?
Discuss the author's use of tone. What details is the author able to introduce about the characters by using varying tones in one chapter?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)