|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Marcia remark has changed since Lou's time in Chapter 8?
(a) The courts.
(b) Social conditions.
2. What does Swede believe he would do to Rita if necessary to get Merry back in Chapter 9?
(a) Kill her.
(b) Help her.
(c) Hurt her.
(d) Marry her.
3. Who does Lou write letters to complaining about the president in Chapter 7?
(a) The committee members.
(b) The cabinet members.
(c) The mayors.
(d) The governors.
4. What did Merry teach along with revolutionary ideas to Cuban refugees?
5. What is the name of Barry's militant non-conformist wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Merry's speech therapist she stayed with after the bombing?
2. What motto does Merry have written on her wall as a young woman?
3. What did Merry study that is the reverence of life?
4. What city does Dawn go to for her facelift?
5. Against what country did Swede join the marines for a final assault over in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Swede's memory of knocking Bill out on the football field?
2. How does Dawn describe her home with Swede to her architect?
3. What does Marcia remark about regarding social conditions in Chapter 8?
4. How is Swede's time as a marine described in Chapter 5?
5. How are Lou's feelings towards the Nixon administration described in the book?
6. How does Swede suggest that the Miss New Jersey pageant ruined Dawn?
7. What is the nature of Lou's discussion regarding the downfall of Newark in Chapter 8?
8. How does Swede describe the time during the riots with his employee Vicky?
9. How is Swede's mother affected by Merry's disappearance in Chapter 7?
10. How does Sheila explain her reason for taking Merry in, to Swede in Chapter 9?
This section contains 606 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)