|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What food does Swede accidentally refer to as Merry's rather than Dawn's in Chapter 7?
2. What movie do Lou and Swede discuss in Chapter 8?
(c) Deep Throat.
3. What does the narrator say that Bill always challenged in Dawn?
(a) Her confidence.
(b) Her beauty.
(c) Her vanity.
(d) Her mood.
4. Where would Dawn go to swim to get away from others?
(a) Cape May.
(b) Ocean City.
(c) Stone Harbor.
5. What is the name of the architect building Dawn and Swede's new home?
(a) Bill Orcutt.
(b) Mendy Gurlik.
(c) Shelly Salzman.
(d) Ira Posner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Swede see pretending to listen closely in Chapter 9?
2. What kind of people does Swede believe Merry could have fallen in with to explain her life?
3. Where does Swede recall knocking Bill flat when they were in high school?
4. What does Swede believe he would do to Rita if necessary to get Merry back in Chapter 9?
5. What is the name of Dawn's doctor who gave her the facelift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Swede's phone call with Rita at the beginning of Chapter 9?
2. How does Swede suggest that the Miss New Jersey pageant ruined Dawn?
3. What does Swede witness when he walks in on Dawn and Bill in his kitchen during the dinner party?
4. How are Lou's feelings towards the Nixon administration described in the book?
5. How are Merry's values as a Jain described in the book?
6. What does Swede ponder about when thinking of Rita stealing his money?
7. How is Swede's mother affected by Merry's disappearance in Chapter 7?
8. What does Jessie do to Lou at the end of the book?
9. How does Swede describe the time during the riots with his employee Vicky?
10. How does Swede describe Bill and Dawn in the end of Chapter 8?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)