|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what state did Merry set off her second bomb?
2. What does Swede realize Merry is in after he admits she has destroyed herself?
(c) Deep depression.
(d) A world of hate.
3. Who influenced Merry's thinking about woman revolutionaries and their need to sacrifice?
(a) Frantz Fanon.
(b) Mother Theresa.
(c) Angela Davis.
4. What word is used to describe Bill in addition to his feeling slightly superior?
5. What does Merry admit to Swede that she is not compassionate enough to quit eating but will eventually in Chapter 6?
(c) Plant life.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Swede decide to call at the end of Chapter 6 to talk about Merry?
2. What proceedings are Swede's parents watching on TV in Chapter 7?
3. Which of the following things does Sheila not say to Swede regarding Merry in Chapter 9?
4. What does Dawn blame along with Swede for her poor condition after Merry's disappearance?
5. What does Swede realize that Merry has been since she was fifteen after he sees her in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Swede describe Bill and Dawn in the end of Chapter 8?
2. What does Swede ponder about when thinking of Rita stealing his money?
3. How are Merry's values as a Jain described in the book?
4. What does Swede realize regarding Merry's mental health in Chapter 5?
5. How does Dawn describe her home with Swede to her architect?
6. What is the nature of Swede's phone call with Rita at the beginning of Chapter 9?
7. Why did Dawn choose to raise cattle according to the narrator?
8. What does Lou say he is ashamed of Jerry for in Chapter 7?
9. How does Merry live as a Jain?
10. How does Swede suggest that the Miss New Jersey pageant ruined Dawn?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)