|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who laughs at the end of Chapter 9 after Jessie stabs Lou with a fork?
2. What does Swede know that Dawn must put on after the stain of Merry's bomb?
(a) A new crown.
(b) A face.
(c) A persona.
(d) A dress.
3. What food does Swede accidentally refer to as Merry's rather than Dawn's in Chapter 7?
4. What city does Dawn go to for her facelift?
5. What did Dr. Salzman counsel the Levovs about?
(a) Their marriage.
(b) Merry's disappearance.
(c) Dawn's facelift.
(d) Their home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
2. What is the family's name that first hid Merry after the bombing?
3. What does Merry admit to Swede that she is not compassionate enough to quit eating but will eventually in Chapter 6?
4. What does Dawn blame along with Swede for her poor condition after Merry's disappearance?
5. What proceedings are Swede's parents watching on TV in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Swede's conversation with Bill, Jessie, and Lou described in Chapter 9?
2. How does Swede compare his life to Johnny Appleseed?
3. What did Dr. Salzman counsel the Levovs about?
4. How is Bill Orcutt described in Chapter 7?
5. What does Swede witness when he walks in on Dawn and Bill in his kitchen during the dinner party?
6. How does Sheila explain her reason for taking Merry in, to Swede in Chapter 9?
7. How does Swede describe Bill and Dawn in the end of Chapter 8?
8. What is the nature of Lou's discussion regarding the downfall of Newark in Chapter 8?
9. How does Merry live as a Jain?
10. What does Merry tell Swede she did while in Miami in Chapter 6?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)