|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Swede decide about the person that calls him that causes him to hang up on that person in Chapter 9?
(a) That she doesn't exist.
(b) That he's done trying.
(c) That he's tired of it.
(d) That she has no power.
2. What word does Swede use to describe his father as a mix with antagonism?
3. What city does Dawn go to for her facelift?
4. What part of Rimrock does Swede live in?
(a) East Rimrock.
(b) New Rimrock.
(c) Old Rimrock.
(d) West Rimrock.
5. How far had Merry had been working from Swede's glove factory when Rita contacts him in Chapter 5?
(a) Thirty minutes.
(b) Ten minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five minutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Bill described when he talks with Swede's wife just after having sex with her?
2. What does Marcia compare Dawn's beauty pageant to in Chapter 8?
3. Which of the following things does Sheila not say to Swede regarding Merry in Chapter 9?
4. What is the name of Merry's speech therapist she stayed with after the bombing?
5. What does Swede's brother refer to him as because he cannot take the brutality of the world?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lou say he is ashamed of Jerry for in Chapter 7?
2. What does Jessie do to Lou at the end of the book?
3. How does Swede describe Barry Umanoff and Marcia Schwartz's marriage?
4. How does Swede describe Bill and Dawn in the end of Chapter 8?
5. How does Swede describe the time during the riots with his employee Vicky?
6. How is Swede's conversation with Bill, Jessie, and Lou described in Chapter 9?
7. How are Lou's feelings towards the Nixon administration described in the book?
8. How is Bill Orcutt described in Chapter 7?
9. What does Marcia remark about regarding social conditions in Chapter 8?
10. What does Swede witness when he walks in on Dawn and Bill in his kitchen during the dinner party?
This section contains 626 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)