|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Lou write letters to complaining about the president in Chapter 7?
(a) The governors.
(b) The committee members.
(c) The mayors.
(d) The cabinet members.
2. Who does the narrator say is the one who helped Merry become herself?
3. How long did Swede have an affair with Sheila Salzman?
(a) A year.
(b) One month.
(c) Six months.
(d) Four months.
4. What does Dawn blame along with Swede for her poor condition after Merry's disappearance?
(a) The Miss New Jersey Pageant.
(c) Her parents.
(d) Her brother.
5. How does Bill take Swede's comment that Bill would be happy living in his house in Chapter 9?
(a) As a mistake.
(b) As a joke.
(c) As a slip of the tongue.
(d) As hatefulness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
2. What motto does Merry have written on her wall as a young woman?
3. What does the narrator say Dawn did as a way to distance herself from the stigma of being a beauty queen?
4. Why did Swede knock Bill down in high school?
5. What is Lou concerned about along with children in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Dr. Salzman counsel the Levovs about?
2. What does Lou say he is ashamed of Jerry for in Chapter 7?
3. How does Swede compare his life to Johnny Appleseed?
4. How does Marcia describe Dawn's beauty pageants?
5. What does Jessie do to Lou at the end of the book?
6. How is Swede's mother affected by Merry's disappearance in Chapter 7?
7. How does Swede describe Bill and Dawn in the end of Chapter 8?
8. How are Merry's values as a Jain described in the book?
9. How does Merry live as a Jain?
10. How are Lou's feelings towards the Nixon administration described in the book?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)