|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Dr. Salzman counsel the Levovs about?
(a) Their home.
(b) Dawn's facelift.
(c) Merry's disappearance.
(d) Their marriage.
2. Who calls Swede at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. Why are the Orcutts and other couples over at Swede's home in Chapter 7?
(a) A funeral.
(b) For dinner.
(c) A Christmas party.
4. What is Lou concerned about along with children in Chapter 8?
(b) His weight.
(c) His job.
5. Who let Merry stay with them in New York after the bombing?
(a) The Salzmans.
(b) The Umanoffs.
(c) The Gurliks.
(d) The Dwyers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the name of the person at the gas station that the narrator remembers the day the war ended?
2. How does Bill take Swede's comment that Bill would be happy living in his house in Chapter 9?
3. How much money does Rita keep from Merry that was from Swede?
4. What kind of condition had Dawn been suffering for five years after Merry's disappearance?
5. Why did Swede knock Bill down in high school?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)