|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Swede decide to call at the end of Chapter 6 to talk about Merry?
2. What is the family's name that first hid Merry after the bombing?
3. What is Bill Orcutt's wife's name?
4. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
5. How many times was Merry raped while moving around the country homeless?
(a) Four times.
(c) Three times.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcia remark has changed since Lou's time in Chapter 8?
2. Where does Swede take a phone call from at the beginning of Chapter 9?
3. What almost happens to Lou after Jerry finds out that he sent his ex-wife money?
4. Who calls Swede at the beginning of Chapter 9?
5. What does Dawn blame along with Swede for her poor condition after Merry's disappearance?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Dawn describe her home with Swede to her architect?
2. How is Swede's mother affected by Merry's disappearance in Chapter 7?
3. How does Swede describe Barry Umanoff and Marcia Schwartz's marriage?
4. How is Bill Orcutt described in Chapter 7?
5. How does Swede compare his life to Johnny Appleseed?
6. What is the nature of Swede's memory of knocking Bill out on the football field?
7. What is the nature of the letter Swede receives from Rita at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. What reason does Swede say is the only reason Dawn entered beauty pageants?
9. How is Swede's time as a marine described in Chapter 5?
10. How are Merry's values as a Jain described in the book?
This section contains 585 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)