|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the architect building Dawn and Swede's new home?
(a) Bill Orcutt.
(b) Ira Posner.
(c) Mendy Gurlik.
(d) Shelly Salzman.
2. What did Lou often blame for Merry's bad behavior in addition to her mother?
(a) Her Catholic baptism.
(b) Her Judaism.
3. What does Swede confront Sheila about in Chapter 9?
(b) Her mistreatment of him.
(c) Their affair.
(d) Her hiding Merry.
4. How long did Swede have an affair with Sheila Salzman?
(a) One month.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) A year.
5. Whom does Swede decide to call at the end of Chapter 6 to talk about Merry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom is Lou ashamed of because this person keeps getting divorced?
2. Who is the name of the person at the gas station that the narrator remembers the day the war ended?
3. What does Lou do to Swede for hanging onto the factory in Newark?
4. How much money does Rita keep from Merry that was from Swede?
5. What is Lou concerned about along with children in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Lou's discussion regarding the downfall of Newark in Chapter 8?
2. What does Jessie do to Lou at the end of the book?
3. How does Swede describe the time during the riots with his employee Vicky?
4. How is Swede's mother affected by Merry's disappearance in Chapter 7?
5. What realization does Swede come to about Sheila in Chapter 9?
6. How is Swede's time as a marine described in Chapter 5?
7. How does Swede describe Bill and Dawn in the end of Chapter 8?
8. How are Merry's values as a Jain described in the book?
9. How does Swede describe Barry Umanoff and Marcia Schwartz's marriage?
10. How is Swede's conversation with Bill, Jessie, and Lou described in Chapter 9?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)