|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Swede recall knocking Bill flat when they were in high school?
(a) The gym.
(b) The basketball court.
(c) The hockey rink.
(d) The football field.
2. Why are the Orcutts and other couples over at Swede's home in Chapter 7?
(a) For dinner.
(c) A Christmas party.
(d) A funeral.
3. What food does Swede accidentally refer to as Merry's rather than Dawn's in Chapter 7?
4. What does Swede's brother refer to him as because he cannot take the brutality of the world?
(b) Gentle giant.
(c) A loser.
(d) A bear.
5. What does Swede describe Dawn and Bill as at the end of Chapter 8?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lou concerned about along with children in Chapter 8?
2. What did Lou often blame for Merry's bad behavior in addition to her mother?
3. What is the name of a Jewish man who praises Swede and pressures him to join a local Jewish organization?
4. Why did Swede knock Bill down in high school?
5. Which of the following things does Sheila not say to Swede regarding Merry in Chapter 9?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Swede describe Barry Umanoff and Marcia Schwartz's marriage?
2. How is Swede's mother affected by Merry's disappearance in Chapter 7?
3. What reason does Swede say is the only reason Dawn entered beauty pageants?
4. What does Lou say he is ashamed of Jerry for in Chapter 7?
5. How does Swede describe Bill and Dawn in the end of Chapter 8?
6. How is Swede's time as a marine described in Chapter 5?
7. What does Swede ponder about when thinking of Rita stealing his money?
8. How is Bill Orcutt described in Chapter 7?
9. How does Marcia describe Dawn's beauty pageants?
10. What is the nature of Swede's memory of knocking Bill out on the football field?
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)