|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of condition had Dawn been suffering for five years after Merry's disappearance?
(b) Suicidal depression.
2. What did Merry study that is the reverence of life?
(a) The Koran.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Torah.
3. What does Swede describe Dawn and Bill as at the end of Chapter 8?
4. Whom is Lou ashamed of because this person keeps getting divorced?
5. Where was the trip to that Dawn and Swede took that Dawn discusses at the dinner party in Chapter 9?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
2. What kind of people does Swede believe Merry could have fallen in with to explain her life?
3. Where would Dawn go to swim to get away from others?
4. Who is the name of the person at the gas station that the narrator remembers the day the war ended?
5. Which of the following words was not used to describe Bill's wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of the letter Swede receives from Rita at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. What does Merry tell Swede she did while in Miami in Chapter 6?
3. What realization does Swede come to about Sheila in Chapter 9?
4. How does Swede describe the time during the riots with his employee Vicky?
5. How are Lou's feelings towards the Nixon administration described in the book?
6. What does Jessie do to Lou at the end of the book?
7. How does Marcia describe Dawn's beauty pageants?
8. How does Swede compare his life to Johnny Appleseed?
9. What does Marcia remark about regarding social conditions in Chapter 8?
10. How are Merry's values as a Jain described in the book?
This section contains 572 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)