|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose widow came to see Swede and was kind and forgiving in Chapter 5?
(a) Dr. LaPlante's.
(b) Dr. Dwyer's.
(c) Dr. Posner's.
(d) Dr. Conlon's.
2. Why are the Orcutts and other couples over at Swede's home in Chapter 7?
(a) For dinner.
(b) A funeral.
(d) A Christmas party.
3. What does Dawn blame along with Swede for her poor condition after Merry's disappearance?
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her parents.
(d) The Miss New Jersey Pageant.
4. What word does Swede use to describe his father as a mix with antagonism?
5. Who is the name of the person at the gas station that the narrator remembers the day the war ended?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merry have a veil made of when Swede finds her in Chapter 5?
2. What does the narrator say that Bill always challenged in Dawn?
3. Who does Swede assume has already called the police about Merry in Chapter 9?
4. What does Swede confront Sheila about in Chapter 9?
5. What does Swede realize Merry is in after he admits she has destroyed herself?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)