|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita say Swede has to do for her if he wants to see Merry in Chapter 4?
(a) Have sex with her.
(b) Give her money.
(c) Travel with her.
(d) Buy her a house.
2. What is Swede's daughter's name?
3. What does the narrator say that the Jews that were familiar with hardship did not want to waste?
4. In what state did Swede grow up?
(c) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
5. What kind of monks does Merry watch on television as a child?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
2. What did Swede's grandfather manufacture?
3. What is the name of the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school at his class reunion?
4. What is the first war Merry become militant about?
5. What does Swede's daughter have to see a therapist for as a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Jerry described at the beginning of Chapter 3?
2. How does the narrator say Swede's grandfather became a glove manufacturer?
3. How does the narrator describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
4. What does Jerry tell Nathan that his brother Swede had in spite of being a big success in Chapter 3?
5. How are the adolescents in Nathan's neighborhood described in Chapter 2?
6. How does Swede describe glove making to the narrator in Chapter 1?
7. Describe Nathan's interaction with his old girlfriend Joy at his class reunion.
8. What does the narrator say about the neighborhood's reason for idolizing Swede?
9. How is Merry's bombing in her hometown at the end of Chapter 3 described?
10. What is the nature of Nathan's reminiscence about "The Kid from Tomkinsville"?
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)