|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What military force does Swede join as a teenager?
(a) The Marines.
(b) The Army.
(c) The Air Force.
(d) The Navy.
2. What nickname does Swede call the narrator as a young boy?
3. What year did Nathan graduate from high school?
4. What does the narrator say Jerry is accustomed to being in Chapter 3?
(a) Having his way.
(b) Being ignored.
(c) Being listened to.
(d) Demanding attention.
5. What is the name of Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at his reunion?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the store Swede's father opened after the depression?
2. What about Merry is Swede more patient and accepting of than her mother is?
3. How tall is Merry?
4. Whom does Swede remember watching on TV and has an imaginary conversation with in Chapter 4?
5. Where does Swede take his first wife to receive a facelift?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does one doctor say about Merry's stuttering in regard to her perfectionist family?
2. What happens when Merry asks Swede if he would kiss her as he did her mother when she was a young child?
3. How is Merry's bombing in her hometown at the end of Chapter 3 described?
4. How are the adolescents in Nathan's neighborhood described in Chapter 2?
5. How does the narrator describe Swede and Merry at a seaside cottage and their return from it?
6. How does the narrator describe the lack of a generation gap in his neighborhood?
7. What does Rita tell Swede that Merry says about him and her mother?
8. What is Nathan fascinated with in regard to his childhood culture?
9. Describe Rita and Swede's conversation after she reveals she is Merry's friend in Chapter 4?
10. How does the narrator say Swede's grandfather became a glove manufacturer?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)