|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Swede's healthy self-image changes so that he senses his life is what in Chapter 3?
(c) In control.
(d) Out of control.
2. What about Merry is Swede more patient and accepting of than her mother is?
(a) Her stuttering.
(b) Her lisping.
(c) Her depression.
(d) Her shyness.
3. How tall is Merry?
(a) Five feet five inches.
(b) Four feet nine inches.
(c) Just above five feet.
(d) Close to six feet.
4. What did Swede's grandfather manufacture?
(b) Ladies' glove.
5. What is Swede's younger brother's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swede explain everything about to Rita when they first meet?
2. What is the first war Merry become militant about?
3. Besides being self-absorbed, what other word is used to describe Swede's daughter in Chapter 3?
4. What does Swede wonder is connected with his preoccupations regarding Merry at the end of Chapter 4?
5. Where does Rita first visit Swede in the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jerry tell Nathan that his brother Swede had in spite of being a big success in Chapter 3?
2. How is Jerry described at the beginning of Chapter 3?
3. What is Nathan fascinated with in regard to his childhood culture?
4. What does Nathan reminisce about regarding his high school memories while preparing a speech for his reunion?
5. What does one doctor say about Merry's stuttering in regard to her perfectionist family?
6. Describe Rita and Swede's conversation after she reveals she is Merry's friend in Chapter 4?
7. What does Rita tell Swede that Merry says about him and her mother?
8. What reason does Nathan give Jerry for coming to the reunion?
9. What does the narrator say about the neighborhood's reason for idolizing Swede?
10. How does Swede describe glove making to the narrator in Chapter 1?
This section contains 582 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)