|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merry stop doing as a teen in regards to hygiene?
(a) Washing her hair.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Changing her clothes.
(d) Brushing her teeth.
2. What does the narrator say had not changed about Jerry besides his silly gait?
(a) His long arms.
(b) His silly hair.
(c) His goofy smile.
(d) His odd legs.
3. What does the narrator say that adolescents sought more of compared to the adults in his neighborhood?
(a) Sexual freedom.
(b) Drive faster.
(c) Higher ideals.
(d) Better education.
4. What does the narrator believe the tribute to Swede's father was a cover to hide?
(a) His missing his wife.
(b) His depression.
(c) His cancer.
(d) The pain associated with his daughter.
5. How many years had Swede's daughter been in hiding according to Jerry in Chapter 3?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school say his life was changed by?
2. Where is Nathan's friend Alan a superior court judge?
3. Where did Swede's father open a second location of his store after the depression?
4. Where does Swede take his first wife to receive a facelift?
5. What does the narrator say Jerry is accustomed to being in Chapter 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nathan say his working from home saves him from when talking with Jerry at the class reunion?
2. How does Swede describe glove making to the narrator in Chapter 1?
3. How does Rita taunt Swede sexually in Chapter 4?
4. What is the nature of Nathan's conversation with Ira at the high school reunion?
5. How does the narrator describe the lack of a generation gap in his neighborhood?
6. How does the narrator say Swede's grandfather became a glove manufacturer?
7. Describe Rita and Swede's conversation after she reveals she is Merry's friend in Chapter 4?
8. What does Nathan reminisce about regarding his high school memories while preparing a speech for his reunion?
9. Describe Nathan's interaction with his old girlfriend Joy at his class reunion.
10. What is the nature of the description of Newark Maid Leatherware?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)