|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the narrator say Dawn feels toward Merry?
(a) She pities her.
(b) She misses her.
(c) She loves her.
(d) She hates her.
2. What are both Swede and Merry described as being when they are returning from a seaside cottage in Chapter 3?
3. Who is the recipient of a 14-year-old girl's kidney at Nathan's class reunion?
(a) Jerry Levov.
(b) Jim Dwyer.
(c) Marvin Lieb.
(d) Julius Pincus.
4. What is the name of the black worker at Swede's factory that stays with him during the riots?
5. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Hugg her.
(c) Touch her breasts.
(d) Kiss her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first war Merry become militant about?
2. Whom does the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school say his life was changed by?
3. What does Jerry tell Nathan that Swede fought to keep in Chapter 3?
4. Where is the bombing done by the Weathermen with which Swede believes Merry to be involved?
5. What did Swede's grandfather manufacture?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Nathan's conversation with Ira at the high school reunion?
2. How does the narrator describe the lack of a generation gap in his neighborhood?
3. Describe Nathan's interaction with his old girlfriend Joy at his class reunion.
4. How is Jerry described at the beginning of Chapter 3?
5. How does the narrator describe Swede and Merry at a seaside cottage and their return from it?
6. Swede reads about bombs over five years after Rita's visit that remind him of Merry. How are they described?
7. How does the narrator describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
8. What does the narrator say about the neighborhood's reason for idolizing Swede?
9. What does Rita tell Swede that Merry says about him and her mother?
10. How is Merry's bombing in her hometown at the end of Chapter 3 described?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)