|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that the Jews that were familiar with hardship did not want to waste?
2. Whom does Swede fail to call after Rita threatens him?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The IRS.
(c) The local police.
(d) The CIA.
3. What is Mendy's last name in the book?
4. In what state did Swede grow up?
(b) New York.
(d) New Jersey.
5. What does the narrator suggest Swede's manner in kissing Merry when returning from the seaside cottage did to her?
(a) Saddened her.
(b) Ruined her.
(c) Killed her.
(d) Harmed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did the narrator play with Swede's younger brother?
2. What does Rita tell Swede that she needs to get of Merry's during their first meeting?
3. What is the name of the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school at his class reunion?
4. Nathan's friend Alan is the son of what?
5. Where is Nathan's friend Alan a superior court judge?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rita tell Swede that Merry says about him and her mother?
2. How is Rita's first visit to the glove factory described?
3. How does the narrator say Swede's grandfather became a glove manufacturer?
4. What does Swede remember about when Merry watched monks on TV?
5. What does one doctor say about Merry's stuttering in regard to her perfectionist family?
6. What happens when Merry asks Swede if he would kiss her as he did her mother when she was a young child?
7. How does the narrator describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
8. What does Nathan say his working from home saves him from when talking with Jerry at the class reunion?
9. What is the nature of Nathan's reminiscence about "The Kid from Tomkinsville"?
10. What reason does Nathan give Jerry for coming to the reunion?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)