|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of diary does Rita later make Swede give to her for Merry in Chapter 4?
(b) Her Audrey Hepburn scrapbook.
(d) A stuttering diary.
2. What does the narrator say that adolescents sought more of compared to the adults in his neighborhood?
(a) Higher ideals.
(b) Sexual freedom.
(c) Drive faster.
(d) Better education.
3. What kind of world does the narrator note that Swede has naturally incorporated himself into?
4. How is Rita's hair described in the book?
5. Whom does Swede fail to call after Rita threatens him?
(a) The local police.
(b) The IRS.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The FBI.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swede explain everything about to Rita when they first meet?
2. What is the name of the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school at his class reunion?
3. What is the profession of the man who was killed in a bomb Merry set off in her hometown?
4. What does the narrator suggest Swede's manner in kissing Merry when returning from the seaside cottage did to her?
5. How tall is Merry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the narrator describe the lack of a generation gap in his neighborhood?
2. What does Jerry tell Nathan that his brother Swede had in spite of being a big success in Chapter 3?
3. How are the adolescents in Nathan's neighborhood described in Chapter 2?
4. What is the nature of Nathan's reminiscence about "The Kid from Tomkinsville"?
5. What is the nature of Nathan's conversation with Ira at the high school reunion?
6. How are Merry's physical attributes described as she grows up?
7. How does Swede describe glove making to the narrator in Chapter 1?
8. How is Rita's first visit to the glove factory described?
9. What does Nathan say his working from home saves him from when talking with Jerry at the class reunion?
10. What does Nathan decide he will do to complete his story on Swede in Chapter 3?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)