|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rita tell Swede that she needs to get of Merry's during their first meeting?
(a) Her Audrey Hepburn scrapbook.
(b) Some clothes.
(c) Her stuttering diary.
2. What celebrity does Merry become obsessed with as a child?
(a) Greta Garbo.
(b) Audrey Hepburn.
(c) Eva Gabor.
(d) Marilyn Monroe.
3. What year did Nathan graduate from high school?
4. Which of the following things does the narrator not say Swede's athletic talent obligated him to be?
5. Which of the following words does the narrator not use to describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
(d) Forward looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait is given to Dawn when she is first described in Chapter 4?
2. What does an article about Merry say about her that Swede hates?
3. What religion does Swede practice?
4. What does Swede's athletic performance help his community forget about?
5. Where does Merry meet political people and take on a secret life as a teenager?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Nathan's conversation with Ira at the high school reunion?
2. What does the narrator say about the neighborhood's reason for idolizing Swede?
3. What does Nathan say his working from home saves him from when talking with Jerry at the class reunion?
4. How does Swede describe glove making to the narrator in Chapter 1?
5. What does Rita tell Swede that Merry says about him and her mother?
6. What does Merry begin doing in New York as a teenager?
7. How does the narrator describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
8. What does Nathan reminisce about regarding his high school memories while preparing a speech for his reunion?
9. Describe Rita and Swede's conversation after she reveals she is Merry's friend in Chapter 4?
10. How does the narrator say Swede's grandfather became a glove manufacturer?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)