|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the store Swede's father opened after the depression?
(a) Newark Maid Leatherware.
(b) Newark Clothing Inc.
(c) The Car Store.
(d) Levov Leatherware.
2. What does Rita say should happen to Swede for what he pays the workers in other countries to work in his factories?
(a) He should be jailed.
(b) He should be shot.
(c) He should be rewarded.
(d) He should be hanged.
3. What does an article about Merry say about her that Swede hates?
(a) That she has a stubborn streak.
(b) She is hateful.
(c) She is from a bad family.
(d) She is insane.
4. What does Swede explain everything about to Rita when they first meet?
(a) Glove making.
5. Whom does the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school say his life was changed by?
(a) Nathan's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Merry's hometown?
2. Whom does Jerry not say Swede had to live with that caused pressure on him when talking to Nathan at the class reunion?
3. How are Swede's features described in Chapter 1?
4. Who is the man that pays alimony for two marriages at Nathan's class reunion?
5. What military force does Swede join as a teenager?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Nathan say his working from home saves him from when talking with Jerry at the class reunion?
2. Swede reads about bombs over five years after Rita's visit that remind him of Merry. How are they described?
3. How does the narrator describe Swede's tribute to his father?
4. How is Rita's first visit to the glove factory described?
5. How does the narrator describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
6. What does Jerry tell Nathan that his brother Swede had in spite of being a big success in Chapter 3?
7. What does the narrator say about the neighborhood's reason for idolizing Swede?
8. How does the narrator describe the lack of a generation gap in his neighborhood?
9. What does Nathan reminisce about regarding his high school memories while preparing a speech for his reunion?
10. How does the narrator say Swede's grandfather became a glove manufacturer?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)