|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Mendy now live as a restaurant owner?
(b) New York.
2. Where is the bombing done by the Weathermen with which Swede believes Merry to be involved?
(a) Greenwich Village.
3. What does Swede's daughter have to see a therapist for as a child?
4. What sport did the narrator play with Swede's younger brother?
(c) Ping pong.
5. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
(a) Hugg her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Touch her breasts.
(d) Marry her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days before Nathan's class reunion did Swede die?
2. What does Rita tell Swede that she needs to get of Merry's during their first meeting?
3. What does the narrator suggest Swede's manner in kissing Merry when returning from the seaside cottage did to her?
4. Where did Swede's father open a second location of his store after the depression?
5. What does the narrator say the adolescents had respect for in regard to their parents in his neighborhood?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Merry asks Swede if he would kiss her as he did her mother when she was a young child?
2. How are Merry's physical attributes described as she grows up?
3. What reason does Nathan give Jerry for coming to the reunion?
4. What is the nature of Nathan's conversation with Ira at the high school reunion?
5. What does the narrator say about the neighborhood's reason for idolizing Swede?
6. How does the narrator describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
7. How does Swede describe glove making to the narrator in Chapter 1?
8. How are the adolescents in Nathan's neighborhood described in Chapter 2?
9. What does Nathan reminisce about regarding his high school memories while preparing a speech for his reunion?
10. Describe Rita and Swede's conversation after she reveals she is Merry's friend in Chapter 4?
This section contains 612 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)