|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
(a) Touch her breasts.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Hugg her.
(d) Kiss her.
2. What kind of cancer did Nathan suffer from?
3. What does the narrator say Swede is untouched by after their first meeting to write a piece for Swede?
(a) Anything negative.
(b) Other people.
4. How many days before Nathan's class reunion did Swede die?
5. What kind of dance class does Merry take as a young girl?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator believe the tribute to Swede's father was a cover to hide?
2. How old is Nathan as he prepares a speech for his high school reunion in the book?
3. How many years does Swede become preoccupied with "a gruesome inner life" concerning Merry in Chapter 4?
4. What does the narrator say the adolescents had respect for in regard to their parents in his neighborhood?
5. How tall is Merry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Merry's values as a Jain described in the book?
2. What is the nature of Swede's memory of knocking Bill out on the football field?
3. How are Lou's feelings towards the Nixon administration described in the book?
4. How are Merry's physical attributes described as she grows up?
5. What does Swede ponder about when thinking of Rita stealing his money?
6. How does Sheila explain her reason for taking Merry in, to Swede in Chapter 9?
7. What does Swede realize regarding Merry's mental health in Chapter 5?
8. What is Nathan fascinated with in regard to his childhood culture?
9. What does Jerry tell Nathan that his brother Swede had in spite of being a big success in Chapter 3?
10. How does the narrator describe Swede and Merry at a seaside cottage and their return from it?
This section contains 611 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)