|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Swede fail to call after Rita threatens him?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The IRS.
(c) The FBI.
(d) The local police.
2. What does Swede wonder is connected with his preoccupations regarding Merry at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) The kiss he gave Merry.
(b) His job.
(d) His background.
3. What trait is given to Dawn when she is first described in Chapter 4?
4. How does the narrator say Dawn feels toward Merry?
(a) She pities her.
(b) She hates her.
(c) She misses her.
(d) She loves her.
5. What kind of cancer did Nathan suffer from?
Short Answer Questions
1. What sport did the narrator play with Swede's younger brother?
2. What is Swede's younger brother's name?
3. What did Swede's grandfather manufacture?
4. Swede's healthy self-image changes so that he senses his life is what in Chapter 3?
5. What religion does Swede practice?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Nathan fascinated with in regard to his childhood culture?
2. What does the narrator say about the neighborhood's reason for idolizing Swede?
3. How does the narrator describe Swede and Merry at a seaside cottage and their return from it?
4. What does Jerry tell Nathan that his brother Swede had in spite of being a big success in Chapter 3?
5. How is Merry's bombing in her hometown at the end of Chapter 3 described?
6. How does the narrator describe the lack of a generation gap in his neighborhood?
7. How does Swede describe glove making to the narrator in Chapter 1?
8. What is the nature of Nathan's conversation with Ira at the high school reunion?
9. How are the adolescents in Nathan's neighborhood described in Chapter 2?
10. What does Rita tell Swede that Merry says about him and her mother?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)