|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sport did the narrator play with Swede's younger brother?
(b) Ping pong.
2. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
(a) Hugg her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Touch her breasts.
3. Where is Nathan's friend Alan a superior court judge?
4. What is the narrator's name in the book?
(a) Nathan Zuckerman.
(b) Swede Levov.
(c) Bill Orcutt.
(d) Jerry Levov.
5. Swede's healthy self-image changes so that he senses his life is what in Chapter 3?
(a) Out of control.
(d) In control.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Mendy is now obsessed with?
2. Whom does Jerry not say Swede had to live with that caused pressure on him when talking to Nathan at the class reunion?
3. What is the name of Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at his reunion?
4. What does the narrator tell Jerry that the nostalgia of the reunion is least likely to present to explain why he came?
5. What does the narrator say had not changed about Jerry besides his silly gait?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Swede describe Bill and Dawn in the end of Chapter 8?
2. How does Marcia describe Dawn's beauty pageants?
3. What reason does Nathan give Jerry for coming to the reunion?
4. What does the narrator say about the neighborhood's reason for idolizing Swede?
5. What is the nature of Nathan's conversation with Ira at the high school reunion?
6. What does one doctor say about Merry's stuttering in regard to her perfectionist family?
7. What is Nathan fascinated with in regard to his childhood culture?
8. How are Merry's values as a Jain described in the book?
9. How is Rita's first visit to the glove factory described?
10. How does Swede describe the time during the riots with his employee Vicky?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)