|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Dawn did as a way to distance herself from the stigma of being a beauty queen?
(a) Didn't work.
(b) Dressed down.
(c) Stayed at home.
(d) Raise cattle.
2. What does Marcia compare Dawn's beauty pageant to in Chapter 8?
3. What does Swede know that Dawn must put on after the stain of Merry's bomb?
(a) A dress.
(b) A face.
(c) A new crown.
(d) A persona.
4. What does Swede remember his mother's face not showing so much of in Chapter 7?
5. What did Merry study that is the reverence of life?
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Koran.
6. What has Dawn made after going through the emotional devastation of losing Merry according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
(a) Great strides.
(b) No effort.
(c) Little steps.
(d) No progress.
7. Which of the following things does Sheila not say to Swede regarding Merry in Chapter 9?
(a) She needed to run.
(b) She was strong.
(c) She had changed dramatically.
(d) She needed her.
8. How far had Merry had been working from Swede's glove factory when Rita contacts him in Chapter 5?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Thirty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Five minutes.
9. What movie do Lou and Swede discuss in Chapter 8?
(b) Deep Throat.
10. What proceedings are Swede's parents watching on TV in Chapter 7?
(b) The Kennedy inauguration.
(c) The Johnson inauguration.
(d) The Bay of Pigs.
11. Whom is Lou ashamed of because this person keeps getting divorced?
12. How many vows of renunciation does Merry say she has taken in the book?
13. What story does Swede feel he relates to when he moves to the
(a) Paul Bunyan.
(b) Johnny Appleseed.
(c) Huck Finn.
(d) Daniel Boone.
14. Whom does Swede decide to call at the end of Chapter 6 to talk about Merry?
15. What food does Swede accidentally refer to as Merry's rather than Dawn's in Chapter 7?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Swede assume has already called the police about Merry in Chapter 9?
2. What does Swede decide about the person that calls him that causes him to hang up on that person in Chapter 9?
3. What does Swede decide that Sheila is rather than omniscient?
4. Whose widow came to see Swede and was kind and forgiving in Chapter 5?
5. What kind of people does Swede believe Merry could have fallen in with to explain her life?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)