|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Swede feel are delighted with the outcome of corrupted children?
(a) His parents.
(d) Radical groups.
2. What does Swede realize that Merry has been since she was fifteen after he sees her in Chapter 6?
(d) Mentally ill.
3. What did Merry study that is the reverence of life?
(b) The Koran.
(c) The Torah.
(d) The Bible.
4. What is the name of the architect building Dawn and Swede's new home?
(a) Mendy Gurlik.
(b) Shelly Salzman.
(c) Ira Posner.
(d) Bill Orcutt.
5. Why did Swede knock Bill down in high school?
(a) For making Dawn feel looked down upon.
(b) For being mean.
(c) For being a bully.
(d) For insulting him.
6. What food does Swede accidentally refer to as Merry's rather than Dawn's in Chapter 7?
7. What does Swede know that Dawn must put on after the stain of Merry's bomb?
(a) A new crown.
(b) A persona.
(c) A face.
(d) A dress.
8. What does Marcia remark has changed since Lou's time in Chapter 8?
(a) Social conditions.
(c) The courts.
9. What does Merry have a veil made of when Swede finds her in Chapter 5?
(b) Nylon stocking.
10. What does Swede confront Sheila about in Chapter 9?
(a) Their affair.
(b) Her hiding Merry.
(c) Her mistreatment of him.
11. What did Dawn not have when dealing with peoples' reactions to her beauty?
(d) A sense of humor.
12. How far had Merry had been working from Swede's glove factory when Rita contacts him in Chapter 5?
(a) One hour.
(b) Five minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Thirty minutes.
13. What does Swede decide that Sheila is rather than omniscient?
14. What does the person Swede calls after he has seen Merry in Chapter 6 tell him to do in regard to Merry?
(a) Turn her over to the FBI.
(b) Go back and get her.
(c) Forget her.
(d) Send her to a psychiatrist.
15. What does the narrator say that Bill always challenged in Dawn?
(a) Her confidence.
(b) Her vanity.
(c) Her beauty.
(d) Her mood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What proceedings are Swede's parents watching on TV in Chapter 7?
2. Why are the Orcutts and other couples over at Swede's home in Chapter 7?
3. What is the family's name that first hid Merry after the bombing?
4. What does Swede's brother refer to him as because he cannot take the brutality of the world?
5. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)