|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Swede see having sex in the kitchen of his house at the end of Chapter 7?
(a) Dawn and Barry.
(b) Dawn and Bill.
(c) Bill and Marcia.
(d) Jim and Sylvia.
2. What is the name of Merry's speech therapist she stayed with after the bombing?
(a) Sheila Salzman.
(b) Marcia Umanoff.
(c) Joy Helpern.
(d) Meredith Levov.
3. What almost happens to Lou after Jerry finds out that he sent his ex-wife money?
(a) A stroke.
(b) A heart attack.
(c) Goes into seclusion.
(d) Becomes depressed.
4. What story does Swede feel he relates to when he moves to the
(a) Johnny Appleseed.
(b) Paul Bunyan.
(c) Daniel Boone.
(d) Huck Finn.
5. What word is used to describe Bill in addition to his feeling slightly superior?
6. What proceedings are Swede's parents watching on TV in Chapter 7?
(b) The Johnson inauguration.
(c) The Bay of Pigs.
(d) The Kennedy inauguration.
7. In what state did Merry set off her second bomb?
8. What does Swede learn that Merry has become in Chapter 6?
(a) A Jain.
(b) A Buddhist.
(c) A Hindu.
(d) A Baptist.
9. What does Marcia compare Dawn's beauty pageant to in Chapter 8?
10. What is Bill Orcutt's wife's name?
11. What part of Rimrock does Swede live in?
(a) East Rimrock.
(b) New Rimrock.
(c) West Rimrock.
(d) Old Rimrock.
12. What is the name of Barry's militant non-conformist wife?
13. What does Swede know that Dawn must put on after the stain of Merry's bomb?
(a) A new crown.
(b) A face.
(c) A dress.
(d) A persona.
14. Where does Rita tell Swede that Merry is working in Chapter 5?
(b) New Haven.
15. What does Swede believe he would do to Rita if necessary to get Merry back in Chapter 9?
(a) Help her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Hurt her.
(d) Kill her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Dawn made after going through the emotional devastation of losing Merry according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
2. Where does Swede realize Dawn and Bill will live at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Who was a great friend with Dawn's father before he passed away?
4. Against what country did Swede join the marines for a final assault over in the book?
5. Who does Swede assume has already called the police about Merry in Chapter 9?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)