|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lou do to Swede for hanging onto the factory in Newark?
(a) Criticizes him.
(b) Shames him.
(c) Helps him.
(d) Encourages him.
2. Who does Swede assume has already called the police about Merry in Chapter 9?
3. What kind of people does Swede believe Merry could have fallen in with to explain her life?
(a) Wrong ones.
(b) Bad ones.
(c) Foolish ones.
(d) Mean ones.
4. Who does Swede see pretending to listen closely in Chapter 9?
5. Since what occurrence does the narrator say Dawn hasn't been motivated to do anything in regard to Merry?
(a) The bombing.
(b) Her parents' death.
(c) Merry's disappearance.
(d) Her pageant days.
6. What story does Swede feel he relates to when he moves to the
(a) Johnny Appleseed.
(b) Daniel Boone.
(c) Huck Finn.
(d) Paul Bunyan.
7. What is Merry able to explain Jainism to Swede without doing?
(c) None of the answers is correct.
8. What is the name of the architect building Dawn and Swede's new home?
(a) Shelly Salzman.
(b) Mendy Gurlik.
(c) Ira Posner.
(d) Bill Orcutt.
9. What is the name of Dawn's doctor who gave her the facelift?
(a) Dr. LaPlante.
(b) Dr. Levov.
(c) Dr. Posner.
(d) Dr. Salzman.
10. What does Swede realize Merry is in after he admits she has destroyed herself?
(b) A world of hate.
(d) Deep depression.
11. How far had Merry had been working from Swede's glove factory when Rita contacts him in Chapter 5?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Thirty minutes.
(d) Five minutes.
12. Why did Swede knock Bill down in high school?
(a) For making Dawn feel looked down upon.
(b) For insulting him.
(c) For being a bully.
(d) For being mean.
13. Who was a great friend with Dawn's father before he passed away?
14. What does Swede decide that Sheila is rather than omniscient?
15. What does the person Swede calls after he has seen Merry in Chapter 6 tell him to do in regard to Merry?
(a) Go back and get her.
(b) Forget her.
(c) Turn her over to the FBI.
(d) Send her to a psychiatrist.
Short Answer Questions
1. What movie do Lou and Swede discuss in Chapter 8?
2. How does Bill take Swede's comment that Bill would be happy living in his house in Chapter 9?
3. What is Bill Orcutt's wife's name?
4. How much money does Rita keep from Merry that was from Swede?
5. Where does Swede take a phone call from at the beginning of Chapter 9?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)