|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who let Merry stay with them in New York after the bombing?
(a) The Dwyers.
(b) The Gurliks.
(c) The Umanoffs.
(d) The Salzmans.
2. What city does Dawn go to for her facelift?
3. What kind of business of Dawn's had Swede sold a year after Merry's disappearance?
(a) Clothing store.
(b) Jewelry store.
(c) A deli.
(d) Cattle ranch.
4. What is Bill Orcutt's wife's name?
5. What is Merry able to explain Jainism to Swede without doing?
(c) None of the answers is correct.
6. Whom does Swede decide to call at the end of Chapter 6 to talk about Merry?
7. Why are the Orcutts and other couples over at Swede's home in Chapter 7?
(b) For dinner.
(c) A Christmas party.
(d) A funeral.
8. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
9. What word does Swede use to describe his father as a mix with antagonism?
10. Who influenced Merry's thinking about woman revolutionaries and their need to sacrifice?
(a) Angela Davis.
(b) Mother Theresa.
(d) Frantz Fanon.
11. Whose widow came to see Swede and was kind and forgiving in Chapter 5?
(a) Dr. LaPlante's.
(b) Dr. Posner's.
(c) Dr. Dwyer's.
(d) Dr. Conlon's.
12. Where was the trip to that Dawn and Swede took that Dawn discusses at the dinner party in Chapter 9?
13. What movie do Lou and Swede discuss in Chapter 8?
(c) Deep Throat.
14. What does Swede describe Dawn and Bill as at the end of Chapter 8?
15. Why did Swede knock Bill down in high school?
(a) For being a bully.
(b) For being mean.
(c) For insulting him.
(d) For making Dawn feel looked down upon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swede realize Merry is in after he admits she has destroyed herself?
2. What does Merry have a veil made of when Swede finds her in Chapter 5?
3. Whom does Swede feel are delighted with the outcome of corrupted children?
4. What does the narrator say that Bill always challenged in Dawn?
5. What motto does Merry have written on her wall as a young woman?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)