|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Rimrock does Swede live in?
(a) New Rimrock.
(b) West Rimrock.
(c) Old Rimrock.
(d) East Rimrock.
2. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
3. Who does Swede see pretending to listen closely in Chapter 9?
4. What does Swede realize Merry is in after he admits she has destroyed herself?
(a) Deep depression.
(d) A world of hate.
5. What does Merry have a veil made of when Swede finds her in Chapter 5?
(a) Nylon stocking.
6. What is the name of a Jewish man who praises Swede and pressures him to join a local Jewish organization?
7. What is the name of the architect building Dawn and Swede's new home?
(a) Mendy Gurlik.
(b) Ira Posner.
(c) Shelly Salzman.
(d) Bill Orcutt.
8. What story does Swede feel he relates to when he moves to the
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) Johnny Appleseed.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) Huck Finn.
9. What kind of people does Swede believe Merry could have fallen in with to explain her life?
(a) Wrong ones.
(b) Bad ones.
(c) Foolish ones.
(d) Mean ones.
10. What is Barry's last name in the book?
11. Whose widow came to see Swede and was kind and forgiving in Chapter 5?
(a) Dr. Dwyer's.
(b) Dr. Conlon's.
(c) Dr. LaPlante's.
(d) Dr. Posner's.
12. Since what occurrence does the narrator say Dawn hasn't been motivated to do anything in regard to Merry?
(a) Her parents' death.
(b) The bombing.
(c) Merry's disappearance.
(d) Her pageant days.
13. What is Bill Orcutt's wife's name?
14. How is Bill described when he talks with Swede's wife just after having sex with her?
15. Why did Swede knock Bill down in high school?
(a) For insulting him.
(b) For being mean.
(c) For making Dawn feel looked down upon.
(d) For being a bully.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Barry's militant non-conformist wife?
2. Who is the name of the person at the gas station that the narrator remembers the day the war ended?
3. What did the narrator keep on his bedroom wall to keep track of the war?
4. What did Dr. Salzman counsel the Levovs about?
5. What does Swede's brother refer to him as because he cannot take the brutality of the world?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)