|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Merry's speech therapist she stayed with after the bombing?
(a) Sheila Salzman.
(b) Marcia Umanoff.
(c) Joy Helpern.
(d) Meredith Levov.
2. What is the family's name that first hid Merry after the bombing?
3. How does Bill take Swede's comment that Bill would be happy living in his house in Chapter 9?
(a) As a slip of the tongue.
(b) As a joke.
(c) As a mistake.
(d) As hatefulness.
4. How long did Swede have an affair with Sheila Salzman?
(a) A year.
(b) Six months.
(c) Four months.
(d) One month.
5. What is Bill Orcutt's wife's name?
6. What is the name of a Jewish man who praises Swede and pressures him to join a local Jewish organization?
7. What did Merry study that is the reverence of life?
(a) The Koran.
(b) The Torah.
(c) The Bible.
8. Who was a great friend with Dawn's father before he passed away?
9. What story does Swede feel he relates to when he moves to the
(a) Huck Finn.
(b) Paul Bunyan.
(c) Johnny Appleseed.
(d) Daniel Boone.
10. Where was the trip to that Dawn and Swede took that Dawn discusses at the dinner party in Chapter 9?
11. What part of Rimrock does Swede live in?
(a) Old Rimrock.
(b) West Rimrock.
(c) New Rimrock.
(d) East Rimrock.
12. What does Swede feel he is in that is "carved out of time from which he would never be extricated"?
(a) A nightmare.
(b) A bed.
(c) A house.
(d) A coffin.
13. What is the name of Barry's militant non-conformist wife?
14. Since what occurrence does the narrator say Dawn hasn't been motivated to do anything in regard to Merry?
(a) The bombing.
(b) Her parents' death.
(c) Her pageant days.
(d) Merry's disappearance.
15. Which of the following things does Sheila not say to Swede regarding Merry in Chapter 9?
(a) She needed to run.
(b) She had changed dramatically.
(c) She was strong.
(d) She needed her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Swede feel are delighted with the outcome of corrupted children?
2. What kind of business of Dawn's had Swede sold a year after Merry's disappearance?
3. What does the narrator say Swede's love for would disgust Merry?
4. What does Marcia compare Dawn's beauty pageant to in Chapter 8?
5. What almost happens to Lou after Jerry finds out that he sent his ex-wife money?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)