|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Dawn's doctor who gave her the facelift?
(a) Dr. Salzman.
(b) Dr. LaPlante.
(c) Dr. Posner.
(d) Dr. Levov.
2. What did Merry teach along with revolutionary ideas to Cuban refugees?
3. Where does Swede recall knocking Bill flat when they were in high school?
(a) The basketball court.
(b) The gym.
(c) The football field.
(d) The hockey rink.
4. Where does Swede realize Dawn and Bill will live at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) In Chicago.
(b) In Boston.
(c) In New York.
(d) In his new house.
5. What movie do Lou and Swede discuss in Chapter 8?
(a) Deep Throat.
6. What is the name of Barry's militant non-conformist wife?
7. Where was the trip to that Dawn and Swede took that Dawn discusses at the dinner party in Chapter 9?
8. Where would Dawn go to swim to get away from others?
(a) Ocean City.
(c) Stone Harbor.
(d) Cape May.
9. Where does Rita tell Swede that Merry is working in Chapter 5?
(c) New Haven.
10. Why did Swede knock Bill down in high school?
(a) For being mean.
(b) For making Dawn feel looked down upon.
(c) For being a bully.
(d) For insulting him.
11. What does the person Swede calls after he has seen Merry in Chapter 6 tell him to do in regard to Merry?
(a) Send her to a psychiatrist.
(b) Forget her.
(c) Go back and get her.
(d) Turn her over to the FBI.
12. Whom does Swede feel are delighted with the outcome of corrupted children?
(a) Radical groups.
(b) His parents.
13. What city does Dawn go to for her facelift?
14. What does Swede's brother refer to him as because he cannot take the brutality of the world?
(a) Gentle giant.
(c) A bear.
(d) A loser.
15. How is Bill described when he talks with Swede's wife just after having sex with her?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Swede decide that Sheila is rather than omniscient?
2. What almost happens to Lou after Jerry finds out that he sent his ex-wife money?
3. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
4. What does Swede learn that Merry has become in Chapter 6?
5. What did the narrator keep on his bedroom wall to keep track of the war?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)