|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was a great friend with Dawn's father before he passed away?
2. How is Bill described when he talks with Swede's wife just after having sex with her?
3. What proceedings are Swede's parents watching on TV in Chapter 7?
(b) The Bay of Pigs.
(c) The Johnson inauguration.
(d) The Kennedy inauguration.
4. What is the name of Barry's militant non-conformist wife?
5. Where was the trip to that Dawn and Swede took that Dawn discusses at the dinner party in Chapter 9?
6. Where does Swede recall knocking Bill flat when they were in high school?
(a) The hockey rink.
(b) The football field.
(c) The basketball court.
(d) The gym.
7. What is Barry's last name in the book?
8. What did Lou often blame for Merry's bad behavior in addition to her mother?
(c) Her Catholic baptism.
(d) Her Judaism.
9. What word is used to describe Bill in addition to his feeling slightly superior?
10. What is Bill Orcutt's wife's name?
11. What does Swede decide that Sheila is rather than omniscient?
12. Against what country did Swede join the marines for a final assault over in the book?
(b) North Korea.
(c) North Vietnam.
13. What does Swede believe he would do to Rita if necessary to get Merry back in Chapter 9?
(a) Help her.
(b) Hurt her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Marry her.
14. What did the narrator keep on his bedroom wall to keep track of the war?
(a) A map.
(b) A wartime list.
(c) A poster.
(d) A flag.
15. What does the narrator say Swede's love for would disgust Merry?
(d) His work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lou concerned about along with children in Chapter 8?
2. Which of the following things does Sheila not say to Swede regarding Merry in Chapter 9?
3. What does Swede decide about the person that calls him that causes him to hang up on that person in Chapter 9?
4. What did Merry teach along with revolutionary ideas to Cuban refugees?
5. What does Swede learn that Merry has become in Chapter 6?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)