|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Barry's militant non-conformist wife?
2. What is Bill Orcutt's wife's name?
3. What does Swede believe he would do to Rita if necessary to get Merry back in Chapter 9?
(a) Help her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Hurt her.
4. What does Swede learn that Merry has become in Chapter 6?
(a) A Jain.
(b) A Buddhist.
(c) A Baptist.
(d) A Hindu.
5. What story does Swede feel he relates to when he moves to the
(a) Daniel Boone.
(b) Huck Finn.
(c) Paul Bunyan.
(d) Johnny Appleseed.
6. Why are the Orcutts and other couples over at Swede's home in Chapter 7?
(a) For dinner.
(c) A Christmas party.
(d) A funeral.
7. What did Dawn not have when dealing with peoples' reactions to her beauty?
(b) A sense of humor.
8. Which of the following words was not used to describe Bill's wife?
(d) A drunk.
9. What does Swede describe Dawn and Bill as at the end of Chapter 8?
10. What does Swede's brother refer to him as because he cannot take the brutality of the world?
(a) Gentle giant.
(b) A loser.
(c) A bear.
11. What does Merry have a veil made of when Swede finds her in Chapter 5?
(b) Nylon stocking.
12. What is Barry's last name in the book?
13. What is the name of the architect building Dawn and Swede's new home?
(a) Mendy Gurlik.
(b) Ira Posner.
(c) Bill Orcutt.
(d) Shelly Salzman.
14. Who was a great friend with Dawn's father before he passed away?
15. To whom does Lou send copies of letters that he wrote to President Johnson?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
2. What part of Rimrock does Swede live in?
3. How many vows of renunciation does Merry say she has taken in the book?
4. What is the name of Merry's speech therapist she stayed with after the bombing?
5. What did Merry study that is the reverence of life?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)