|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Swede learn that Merry has become in Chapter 6?
(a) A Baptist.
(b) A Jain.
(c) A Hindu.
(d) A Buddhist.
2. Who does Lou write letters to complaining about the president in Chapter 7?
(a) The cabinet members.
(b) The mayors.
(c) The governors.
(d) The committee members.
3. What does Marcia say that without transgression there is none of in Chapter 8?
4. What does Marcia compare Dawn's beauty pageant to in Chapter 8?
5. What is Bill Orcutt's wife's name?
6. Whom is Lou ashamed of because this person keeps getting divorced?
7. Who is the name of the person at the gas station that the narrator remembers the day the war ended?
8. What does the person Swede calls after he has seen Merry in Chapter 6 tell him to do in regard to Merry?
(a) Send her to a psychiatrist.
(b) Go back and get her.
(c) Turn her over to the FBI.
(d) Forget her.
9. What has Dawn made after going through the emotional devastation of losing Merry according to the narrator in Chapter 7?
(a) No effort.
(b) No progress.
(c) Great strides.
(d) Little steps.
10. What kind of condition had Dawn been suffering for five years after Merry's disappearance?
(c) Suicidal depression.
11. What food does Swede accidentally refer to as Merry's rather than Dawn's in Chapter 7?
12. What did Merry study that is the reverence of life?
(a) The Torah.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The Koran.
13. How is Bill described when he talks with Swede's wife just after having sex with her?
14. What does the narrator say Dawn did as a way to distance herself from the stigma of being a beauty queen?
(a) Raise cattle.
(b) Didn't work.
(c) Stayed at home.
(d) Dressed down.
15. What does Swede realize that Merry has been since she was fifteen after he sees her in Chapter 6?
(b) Mentally ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Merry teach along with revolutionary ideas to Cuban refugees?
2. What does Swede believe he would do to Rita if necessary to get Merry back in Chapter 9?
3. What word does Swede use to describe his father as a mix with antagonism?
4. What city does Dawn go to for her facelift?
5. What does the narrator say that Bill always challenged in Dawn?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)