|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Merry meet political people and take on a secret life as a teenager?
(b) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
2. What does Swede's daughter have to see a therapist for as a child?
3. What does the narrator say Swede is untouched by after their first meeting to write a piece for Swede?
(b) Other people.
(c) Anything negative.
4. What does Jerry say Swede lacked and is what killed him when talking with Nathan at the class reunion?
(a) Street smarts.
(b) Common sense.
5. What does Rita tell Swede that she needs to get of Merry's during their first meeting?
(b) Her Audrey Hepburn scrapbook.
(c) Some clothes.
(d) Her stuttering diary.
6. What kind of monks does Merry watch on television as a child?
7. What does the narrator believe the tribute to Swede's father was a cover to hide?
(a) His depression.
(b) His cancer.
(c) The pain associated with his daughter.
(d) His missing his wife.
8. What does Swede explain everything about to Rita when they first meet?
(d) Glove making.
9. Nathan's friend Alan is the son of what?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A dry cleaner.
(d) A driver.
10. Whom does Swede remember watching on TV and has an imaginary conversation with in Chapter 4?
(a) Angela Davis.
(b) Joy Helpern.
(c) Rita Cohen.
(d) Dorothy Dwyer.
11. How are Swede's features described in Chapter 1?
12. What is the name of the neighborhood in which Swede grew up?
13. What is Mendy's last name in the book?
14. What is the name of Swede's father?
15. What does the narrator say that the Jews that were familiar with hardship did not want to waste?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Swede fail to call after Rita threatens him?
2. What kind of cancer did Nathan suffer from?
3. How is Rita's hair described in the book?
4. Whom does Merry ask Swede to kiss her like when they are returning from a seaside cottage in Chapter 3?
5. The narrator notes what about his neighborhood as a youth?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)