|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Swede's entire community in love with in regard to him?
(a) His manners.
(b) His confidence.
(c) What he stands for.
(d) His athleticism.
2. How many days before Nathan's class reunion did Swede die?
3. Whom does the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school say his life was changed by?
(a) Nathan's father.
4. Where does the narrator say Mendy now live as a restaurant owner?
(d) New York.
5. What is the narrator's name in the book?
(a) Bill Orcutt.
(b) Nathan Zuckerman.
(c) Jerry Levov.
(d) Swede Levov.
6. What is Mendy's last name in the book?
7. Where does Merry meet political people and take on a secret life as a teenager?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
8. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
(a) Kiss her.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Hugg her.
(d) Touch her breasts.
9. Where did Swede's father open a second location of his store after the depression?
(a) Puerto Rico.
10. Where does Swede take his first wife to receive a facelift?
11. What does Swede wonder is connected with his preoccupations regarding Merry at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) His job.
(b) The kiss he gave Merry.
(c) His background.
12. What does the narrator say Mendy is now obsessed with?
13. Who is the man that pays alimony for two marriages at Nathan's class reunion?
(a) Ira Posner.
(b) Shelly Salzman.
(c) Bill Orcutt.
(d) Marvin Lieb.
14. How old is Nathan as he prepares a speech for his high school reunion in the book?
15. What is the name of Merry's hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does an article about Merry say about her that Swede hates?
2. What does the narrator tell Jerry that the nostalgia of the reunion is least likely to present to explain why he came?
3. Where is Nathan's friend Alan a superior court judge?
4. What does Rita say Swede has to do for her if he wants to see Merry in Chapter 4?
5. What does Rita say should happen to Swede for what he pays the workers in other countries to work in his factories?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)