|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mendy's last name in the book?
2. What year did Nathan graduate from high school?
3. What sport did the narrator play with Swede's younger brother?
(b) Ping pong.
4. What does the narrator say Jerry is accustomed to being in Chapter 3?
(a) Being listened to.
(b) Having his way.
(c) Demanding attention.
(d) Being ignored.
5. How many years does Swede become preoccupied with "a gruesome inner life" concerning Merry in Chapter 4?
6. What religion does Swede practice?
7. What is Swede's last name in the book?
8. What does the narrator say Mendy is now obsessed with?
9. How does the narrator say Dawn feels toward Merry?
(a) She hates her.
(b) She loves her.
(c) She pities her.
(d) She misses her.
10. How many days before Nathan's class reunion did Swede die?
11. What does Merry become temporarily interested in as a child that is associated with her grandmother?
12. What does Rita say should happen to Swede for what he pays the workers in other countries to work in his factories?
(a) He should be shot.
(b) He should be rewarded.
(c) He should be jailed.
(d) He should be hanged.
13. Whom does Swede remember watching on TV and has an imaginary conversation with in Chapter 4?
(a) Dorothy Dwyer.
(b) Angela Davis.
(c) Rita Cohen.
(d) Joy Helpern.
14. What is the narrator especially fascinated by in regard to his ability to remember his childhood?
(a) How long ago it was.
(b) How much he misses it.
(c) The depth of detail.
(d) How fond he is of the memories.
15. What does the narrator say that adolescents sought more of compared to the adults in his neighborhood?
(a) Higher ideals.
(b) Sexual freedom.
(c) Drive faster.
(d) Better education.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Swede's younger brother's name?
2. What celebrity does Merry become obsessed with as a child?
3. What does the narrator say that the Jews that were familiar with hardship did not want to waste?
4. How many years had Swede's daughter been in hiding according to Jerry in Chapter 3?
5. What does the narrator believe the tribute to Swede's father was a cover to hide?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)