|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Nathan as he prepares a speech for his high school reunion in the book?
2. How is Rita's hair described in the book?
3. What trait is given to Dawn when she is first described in Chapter 4?
4. What does Swede wonder is connected with his preoccupations regarding Merry at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) His job.
(b) His background.
(c) The kiss he gave Merry.
5. What is the name of the neighborhood in which Swede grew up?
6. Where does the narrator say Mendy now live as a restaurant owner?
(a) New York.
7. What is Swede's entire community in love with in regard to him?
(a) His athleticism.
(b) What he stands for.
(c) His confidence.
(d) His manners.
8. What is the narrator's profession?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A writer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A pharmacist.
9. What is the name of Swede's father?
10. What is the narrator especially fascinated by in regard to his ability to remember his childhood?
(a) How much he misses it.
(b) How fond he is of the memories.
(c) How long ago it was.
(d) The depth of detail.
11. How many years had Swede's daughter been in hiding according to Jerry in Chapter 3?
12. What is the name of Merry's hometown?
13. How are Swede's features described in Chapter 1?
14. What religion does Swede practice?
15. Where does Merry meet political people and take on a secret life as a teenager?
(b) New York.
(c) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator notes what about his neighborhood as a youth?
2. What nickname does Swede call the narrator as a young boy?
3. What does the narrator believe the tribute to Swede's father was a cover to hide?
4. Whom does Swede fail to call after Rita threatens him?
5. What is the name of the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school at his class reunion?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)