|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Merry ask Swede to kiss her like when they are returning from a seaside cottage in Chapter 3?
(a) A pet.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A daughter.
(d) A girlfriend.
2. What is the profession of the man who was killed in a bomb Merry set off in her hometown?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A writer.
(c) A nurse.
(d) A doctor.
3. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
(a) Hugg her.
(b) Kiss her.
(c) Marry her.
(d) Touch her breasts.
4. What does the narrator meet with Swede to write about near the end of Chapter 1?
(a) A story on his daughter Merry.
(b) An obituary.
(c) A profile on him.
(d) A tribute to his father.
5. What is the name of the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school at his class reunion?
6. What is the name of the family that Merry says she stays with when visiting New York in Chapter 3?
7. What is the name of Merry's hometown?
8. Where does the narrator say Mendy now live as a restaurant owner?
(d) New York.
9. What is the narrator especially fascinated by in regard to his ability to remember his childhood?
(a) How fond he is of the memories.
(b) How long ago it was.
(c) How much he misses it.
(d) The depth of detail.
10. Where does Rita first visit Swede in the book?
(a) A diner.
(b) At his glove factory.
(c) A store.
(d) His home.
11. How is Rita's hair described in the book?
12. How many years does Swede become preoccupied with "a gruesome inner life" concerning Merry in Chapter 4?
13. How are Swede's features described in Chapter 1?
14. What does the narrator suggest Swede's manner in kissing Merry when returning from the seaside cottage did to her?
(a) Killed her.
(b) Harmed her.
(c) Saddened her.
(d) Ruined her.
15. What sport did the narrator play with Swede's younger brother?
(b) Ping pong.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Swede's younger brother's name?
2. Nathan's friend Alan is the son of what?
3. What is Rita's last name in the book?
4. What does Jerry say Swede lacked and is what killed him when talking with Nathan at the class reunion?
5. Whom does Swede fail to call after Rita threatens him?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)