|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say Jerry is accustomed to being in Chapter 3?
(a) Being ignored.
(b) Demanding attention.
(c) Being listened to.
(d) Having his way.
2. Who is the recipient of a 14-year-old girl's kidney at Nathan's class reunion?
(a) Julius Pincus.
(b) Jim Dwyer.
(c) Jerry Levov.
(d) Marvin Lieb.
3. What does Merry become temporarily interested in as a child that is associated with her grandmother?
4. How many years had Swede's daughter been in hiding according to Jerry in Chapter 3?
5. Whom does the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school say his life was changed by?
(a) Nathan's father.
6. What are both Swede and Merry described as being when they are returning from a seaside cottage in Chapter 3?
7. What religion does Swede practice?
8. How are Swede's features described in Chapter 1?
9. What does Swede's athletic performance help his community forget about?
(a) Their debt.
(b) The plague.
(c) The war.
10. What does Rita tell Swede that she needs to get of Merry's during their first meeting?
(b) Her stuttering diary.
(c) Her Audrey Hepburn scrapbook.
(d) Some clothes.
11. The narrator notes what about his neighborhood as a youth?
(a) That everyone minded his own business.
(b) The close familiarity of the families.
(c) They all lived in a fine manner.
(d) That the parents allowed the children to do as they wished.
12. What does the narrator say Swede is untouched by after their first meeting to write a piece for Swede?
(a) Other people.
(c) Anything negative.
13. What kind of world does the narrator note that Swede has naturally incorporated himself into?
14. What kind of dance class does Merry take as a young girl?
15. Where does the narrator say Mendy now live as a restaurant owner?
(c) New York.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did Swede grow up?
2. How old is Nathan as he prepares a speech for his high school reunion in the book?
3. What trait is given to Dawn when she is first described in Chapter 4?
4. How many days before Nathan's class reunion did Swede die?
5. What military force does Swede join as a teenager?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)