|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Merry ask Swede to kiss her like when they are returning from a seaside cottage in Chapter 3?
(a) Her mother.
(b) A pet.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) A daughter.
2. What sport did the narrator play with Swede's younger brother?
(b) Ping pong.
3. What does Swede's daughter do to the local post office and general store as a radical stunt?
(a) Sets it on fire.
(b) Bombs it.
(c) Robs it.
(d) Bulldozes it.
4. What is the narrator's profession?
(a) A writer.
(b) A teacher.
(c) A pharmacist.
(d) A doctor.
5. What kind of dance class does Merry take as a young girl?
6. What does the narrator say Jerry is accustomed to being in Chapter 3?
(a) Demanding attention.
(b) Being listened to.
(c) Having his way.
(d) Being ignored.
7. Nathan's friend Alan is the son of what?
(a) A doctor.
(b) A dry cleaner.
(c) A driver.
(d) A teacher.
8. What is Rita's last name in the book?
9. What does the narrator suggest Swede's manner in kissing Merry when returning from the seaside cottage did to her?
(a) Saddened her.
(b) Harmed her.
(c) Killed her.
(d) Ruined her.
10. What about Merry is Swede more patient and accepting of than her mother is?
(a) Her depression.
(b) Her shyness.
(c) Her lisping.
(d) Her stuttering.
11. What is the name of Swede's father?
12. Where does Swede take his first wife to receive a facelift?
13. Whom does the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school say his life was changed by?
(c) Nathan's father.
14. What trait is given to Dawn when she is first described in Chapter 4?
15. What does Rita say Swede has to do for her if he wants to see Merry in Chapter 4?
(a) Travel with her.
(b) Buy her a house.
(c) Give her money.
(d) Have sex with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Mendy is now obsessed with?
2. Whom does Jerry not say Swede had to live with that caused pressure on him when talking to Nathan at the class reunion?
3. What did Swede's grandfather manufacture?
4. How many years had Swede's daughter been in hiding according to Jerry in Chapter 3?
5. What does Merry stop doing as a teen in regards to hygiene?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)