|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jerry say Swede lacked and is what killed him when talking with Nathan at the class reunion?
(b) Common sense.
(d) Street smarts.
2. What does Rita tell Swede that she needs to get of Merry's during their first meeting?
(a) Her Audrey Hepburn scrapbook.
(b) Her stuttering diary.
(d) Some clothes.
3. What kind of cancer did Nathan suffer from?
4. What is the narrator's name in the book?
(a) Swede Levov.
(b) Bill Orcutt.
(c) Jerry Levov.
(d) Nathan Zuckerman.
5. Besides being self-absorbed, what other word is used to describe Swede's daughter in Chapter 3?
6. What does the narrator believe the tribute to Swede's father was a cover to hide?
(a) His cancer.
(b) The pain associated with his daughter.
(c) His depression.
(d) His missing his wife.
7. Whom does Swede remember watching on TV and has an imaginary conversation with in Chapter 4?
(a) Angela Davis.
(b) Joy Helpern.
(c) Dorothy Dwyer.
(d) Rita Cohen.
8. What does the narrator say that the Jews that were familiar with hardship did not want to waste?
9. What is Swede's younger brother's name?
10. What does the narrator say Jerry is accustomed to being in Chapter 3?
(a) Being listened to.
(b) Demanding attention.
(c) Being ignored.
(d) Having his way.
11. What does the narrator say had not changed about Jerry besides his silly gait?
(a) His goofy smile.
(b) His long arms.
(c) His odd legs.
(d) His silly hair.
12. What kind of dance class does Merry take as a young girl?
13. What is the name of the black worker at Swede's factory that stays with him during the riots?
14. Where does Swede take his first wife to receive a facelift?
15. What religion does Swede practice?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the recipient of a 14-year-old girl's kidney at Nathan's class reunion?
2. What is Rita's last name in the book?
3. What nickname does Swede call the narrator as a young boy?
4. What is the name of the store Swede's father opened after the depression?
5. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)