|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell Jerry that the nostalgia of the reunion is least likely to present to explain why he came?
(b) Any surprises.
2. What is the profession of the man who was killed in a bomb Merry set off in her hometown?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A nurse.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A writer.
3. What sport did the narrator play with Swede's younger brother?
(d) Ping pong.
4. What is the name of Swede's father?
5. What year did Nathan graduate from high school?
6. What is the name of Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at his reunion?
7. Where is the bombing done by the Weathermen with which Swede believes Merry to be involved?
(a) Greenwich Village.
8. What does Swede's athletic performance help his community forget about?
(b) The plague.
(c) Their debt.
(d) The war.
9. What does Swede's daughter have to see a therapist for as a child?
10. What kind of dance class does Merry take as a young girl?
11. Where did Swede's father open a second location of his store after the depression?
(c) Puerto Rico.
12. What does the narrator say that adolescents sought more of compared to the adults in his neighborhood?
(a) Drive faster.
(b) Better education.
(c) Higher ideals.
(d) Sexual freedom.
13. What does the narrator say that the Jews that were familiar with hardship did not want to waste?
14. What does the narrator say Swede is untouched by after their first meeting to write a piece for Swede?
(c) Anything negative.
(d) Other people.
15. Which of the following words does the narrator not use to describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
(d) Forward looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Swede's entire community in love with in regard to him?
2. What kind of diary does Rita later make Swede give to her for Merry in Chapter 4?
3. What does Swede wonder is connected with his preoccupations regarding Merry at the end of Chapter 4?
4. What does Merry become temporarily interested in as a child that is associated with her grandmother?
5. Who is the recipient of a 14-year-old girl's kidney at Nathan's class reunion?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)