|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Swede fail to call after Rita threatens him?
(a) The CIA.
(b) The local police.
(c) The IRS.
(d) The FBI.
2. What kind of diary does Rita later make Swede give to her for Merry in Chapter 4?
(b) Her Audrey Hepburn scrapbook.
(d) A stuttering diary.
3. What does the narrator tell Jerry that the nostalgia of the reunion is least likely to present to explain why he came?
(b) Any surprises.
4. What does one of Merry's doctors suggest it is easier for her to do than to face the high pressure of perfection?
5. What did Swede's grandfather manufacture?
(b) Ladies' glove.
6. How many years does Swede become preoccupied with "a gruesome inner life" concerning Merry in Chapter 4?
7. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
(a) Touch her breasts.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Kiss her.
(d) Hugg her.
8. Where does Merry meet political people and take on a secret life as a teenager?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
9. How many days before Nathan's class reunion did Swede die?
10. Swede's healthy self-image changes so that he senses his life is what in Chapter 3?
(a) In control.
(b) Out of control.
11. What is the first war Merry become militant about?
(b) The Vietnam War.
(d) The Korean War.
12. Whom does Jerry not say Swede had to live with that caused pressure on him when talking to Nathan at the class reunion?
(a) Unsatisfiable wife.
(b) Mean son.
(c) Unsatisfiable father.
(d) Monster daughter.
13. What does Jerry tell Nathan that Swede fought to keep in Chapter 3?
(a) His money.
(b) His sanity.
(c) His group together.
(d) His family.
14. What is the name of Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at his reunion?
15. Who is the recipient of a 14-year-old girl's kidney at Nathan's class reunion?
(a) Jim Dwyer.
(b) Marvin Lieb.
(c) Jerry Levov.
(d) Julius Pincus.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of monks does Merry watch on television as a child?
2. What does the narrator say that the Jews that were familiar with hardship did not want to waste?
3. What does an article about Merry say about her that Swede hates?
4. What kind of dance class does Merry take as a young girl?
5. What is the name of Merry's hometown?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)