|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merry admit to Swede that she is not compassionate enough to quit eating but will eventually in Chapter 6?
(a) Plant life.
2. What does Merry become temporarily interested in as a child that is associated with her grandmother?
3. What is the narrator's name in the book?
(a) Bill Orcutt.
(b) Jerry Levov.
(c) Swede Levov.
(d) Nathan Zuckerman.
4. What is the name of the family that Merry says she stays with when visiting New York in Chapter 3?
5. What is the name of Swede's father?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry say Swede lacked and is what killed him when talking with Nathan at the class reunion?
2. What does the person Swede calls after he has seen Merry in Chapter 6 tell him to do in regard to Merry?
3. What does Rita say Swede has to do for her if he wants to see Merry in Chapter 4?
4. What story does Swede feel he relates to when he moves to the
5. What is the name of the neighborhood in which Swede grew up?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)