|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's name in the book?
(a) Bill Orcutt.
(b) Nathan Zuckerman.
(c) Swede Levov.
(d) Jerry Levov.
2. What does Swede feel he is in that is "carved out of time from which he would never be extricated"?
(a) A house.
(b) A coffin.
(c) A bed.
(d) A nightmare.
3. What year did Nathan graduate from high school?
4. What does one of Merry's doctors suggest it is easier for her to do than to face the high pressure of perfection?
5. What does Marcia remark has changed since Lou's time in Chapter 8?
(a) Social conditions.
(b) The courts.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are both Swede and Merry described as being when they are returning from a seaside cottage in Chapter 3?
2. How far had Merry had been working from Swede's glove factory when Rita contacts him in Chapter 5?
3. What kind of business of Dawn's had Swede sold a year after Merry's disappearance?
4. Who is the name of the person at the gas station that the narrator remembers the day the war ended?
5. What is Rita's last name in the book?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)