|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the narrator's name in the book?
(a) Jerry Levov.
(b) Swede Levov.
(c) Nathan Zuckerman.
(d) Bill Orcutt.
2. Whom does the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school say his life was changed by?
(d) Nathan's father.
3. What does Swede wonder is connected with his preoccupations regarding Merry at the end of Chapter 4?
(a) His background.
(c) The kiss he gave Merry.
(d) His job.
4. What kind of business of Dawn's had Swede sold a year after Merry's disappearance?
(a) Jewelry store.
(b) Cattle ranch.
(c) Clothing store.
(d) A deli.
5. What does the narrator tell Jerry that the nostalgia of the reunion is least likely to present to explain why he came?
(c) Any surprises.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Dawn not have when dealing with peoples' reactions to her beauty?
2. What age is Merry when she and Swede are at a seaside cottage in the book?
3. What did the narrator keep on his bedroom wall to keep track of the war?
4. Which of the following things does the narrator not say Swede's athletic talent obligated him to be?
5. Besides being self-absorbed, what other word is used to describe Swede's daughter in Chapter 3?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)