|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of diary does Rita later make Swede give to her for Merry in Chapter 4?
(c) Her Audrey Hepburn scrapbook.
(d) A stuttering diary.
2. Who is the recipient of a 14-year-old girl's kidney at Nathan's class reunion?
(a) Jim Dwyer.
(b) Julius Pincus.
(c) Jerry Levov.
(d) Marvin Lieb.
3. What is Swede's younger brother's name?
4. What does the narrator meet with Swede to write about near the end of Chapter 1?
(a) An obituary.
(b) A profile on him.
(c) A tribute to his father.
(d) A story on his daughter Merry.
5. Where does Rita first visit Swede in the book?
(a) A diner.
(b) A store.
(c) His home.
(d) At his glove factory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Swede's father open a second location of his store after the depression?
2. What does Rita say should happen to Swede for what he pays the workers in other countries to work in his factories?
3. What does the narrator say Jerry is accustomed to being in Chapter 3?
4. What does Rita say Swede has to do for her if he wants to see Merry in Chapter 4?
5. What kind of world does the narrator note that Swede has naturally incorporated himself into?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)