|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator say that adolescents sought more of compared to the adults in his neighborhood?
(a) Drive faster.
(b) Better education.
(c) Higher ideals.
(d) Sexual freedom.
2. What is the name of the store Swede's father opened after the depression?
(a) Newark Clothing Inc.
(b) Newark Maid Leatherware.
(c) The Car Store.
(d) Levov Leatherware.
3. Where is Nathan's friend Alan a superior court judge?
4. What is Swede's last name in the book?
5. What is the name of Merry's hometown?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jerry tell Nathan that Swede fought to keep in Chapter 3?
2. What does an article about Merry say about her that Swede hates?
3. Whom does the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school say his life was changed by?
4. What is the name of the black worker at Swede's factory that stays with him during the riots?
5. What does the narrator say that the Jews that were familiar with hardship did not want to waste?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)