|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Pages 89 - 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Swede's father open a second location of his store after the depression?
(c) Puerto Rico.
2. How many days before Nathan's class reunion did Swede die?
3. What sport did the narrator play with Swede's younger brother?
(a) Ping pong.
4. What military force does Swede join as a teenager?
(a) The Army.
(b) The Marines.
(c) The Navy.
(d) The Air Force.
5. What does the narrator say the adolescents had respect for in regard to their parents in his neighborhood?
(a) Their values.
(c) Sexual freedom.
(d) Their productivity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Swede's last name in the book?
2. What year did Nathan graduate from high school?
3. What does the narrator tell Jerry that the nostalgia of the reunion is least likely to present to explain why he came?
4. What is the name of the neighborhood in which Swede grew up?
5. What did Swede's grandfather manufacture?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)