|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Pages 89 - 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merry become temporarily interested in as a child that is associated with her grandmother?
2. What religion does Swede practice?
3. What does the narrator meet with Swede to write about near the end of Chapter 1?
(a) An obituary.
(b) A profile on him.
(c) A story on his daughter Merry.
(d) A tribute to his father.
4. What does the narrator say had not changed about Jerry besides his silly gait?
(a) His long arms.
(b) His odd legs.
(c) His goofy smile.
(d) His silly hair.
5. What does one of Merry's doctors suggest it is easier for her to do than to face the high pressure of perfection?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state did Swede grow up?
2. What is the first war Merry become militant about?
3. What is the name of the neighborhood in which Swede grew up?
4. How old is Nathan as he prepares a speech for his high school reunion in the book?
5. What is the name of the family that Merry says she stays with when visiting New York in Chapter 3?
This section contains 203 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)