|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Pages 89 - 113.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the store Swede's father opened after the depression?
(a) Levov Leatherware.
(b) Newark Clothing Inc.
(c) Newark Maid Leatherware.
(d) The Car Store.
2. Swede's healthy self-image changes so that he senses his life is what in Chapter 3?
(c) Out of control.
(d) In control.
3. What nickname does Swede call the narrator as a young boy?
4. What religion does Swede practice?
5. The narrator notes what about his neighborhood as a youth?
(a) The close familiarity of the families.
(b) That the parents allowed the children to do as they wished.
(c) That everyone minded his own business.
(d) They all lived in a fine manner.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the narrator say Mendy now live as a restaurant owner?
2. What are both Swede and Merry described as being when they are returning from a seaside cottage in Chapter 3?
3. Where is Nathan's friend Alan a superior court judge?
4. Where does Merry meet political people and take on a secret life as a teenager?
5. What does Jerry tell Nathan that Swede fought to keep in Chapter 3?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)