|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Pages 60 - 89.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Swede's athletic performance help his community forget about?
(a) The war.
(b) The plague.
(c) Their debt.
2. How many years had Swede's daughter been in hiding according to Jerry in Chapter 3?
3. What does the narrator say Mendy is now obsessed with?
4. What is the narrator's name in the book?
(a) Nathan Zuckerman.
(b) Jerry Levov.
(c) Swede Levov.
(d) Bill Orcutt.
5. Which of the following words does the narrator not use to describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
(c) Forward looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Nathan's old girlfriend that he runs into at the reunion tell him she regrets never letting him do?
2. What does the narrator say that adolescents sought more of compared to the adults in his neighborhood?
3. What nickname does Swede call the narrator as a young boy?
4. Where does Swede take his first wife to receive a facelift?
5. Who is the recipient of a 14-year-old girl's kidney at Nathan's class reunion?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)