|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, Pages 60 - 89.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator believe the tribute to Swede's father was a cover to hide?
(a) His cancer.
(b) His missing his wife.
(c) The pain associated with his daughter.
(d) His depression.
2. Where is Nathan's friend Alan a superior court judge?
3. What does the narrator say had not changed about Jerry besides his silly gait?
(a) His silly hair.
(b) His long arms.
(c) His goofy smile.
(d) His odd legs.
4. What does the narrator say Jerry is accustomed to being in Chapter 3?
(a) Being listened to.
(b) Being ignored.
(c) Demanding attention.
(d) Having his way.
5. What does the narrator tell Jerry that the nostalgia of the reunion is least likely to present to explain why he came?
(d) Any surprises.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does the man that tells Nathan he wrote a paper for him in school say his life was changed by?
2. Besides being self-absorbed, what other word is used to describe Swede's daughter in Chapter 3?
3. What does the narrator meet with Swede to write about near the end of Chapter 1?
4. Nathan's friend Alan is the son of what?
5. Whom does Jerry not say Swede had to live with that caused pressure on him when talking to Nathan at the class reunion?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)