|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many vows of renunciation does Merry say she has taken in the book?
2. Where does Swede realize Dawn and Bill will live at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) In New York.
(b) In his new house.
(c) In Boston.
(d) In Chicago.
3. What does the narrator say that Bill always challenged in Dawn?
(a) Her beauty.
(b) Her mood.
(c) Her vanity.
(d) Her confidence.
4. What kind of business of Dawn's had Swede sold a year after Merry's disappearance?
(a) Cattle ranch.
(b) Jewelry store.
(c) A deli.
(d) Clothing store.
5. Which of the following words does the narrator not use to describe the post-war energy of his neighborhood in Chapter 2?
(a) Forward looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait is given to Dawn when she is first described in Chapter 4?
2. Besides being self-absorbed, what other word is used to describe Swede's daughter in Chapter 3?
3. What is the name of a Jewish man who praises Swede and pressures him to join a local Jewish organization?
4. Since what occurrence does the narrator say Dawn hasn't been motivated to do anything in regard to Merry?
5. What word is used to describe Bill in addition to his feeling slightly superior?
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)