|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of diary does Rita later make Swede give to her for Merry in Chapter 4?
(b) Her Audrey Hepburn scrapbook.
(c) A stuttering diary.
2. What is the narrator's profession?
(a) A teacher.
(b) A writer.
(c) A doctor.
(d) A pharmacist.
3. Which of the following words was not used to describe Bill's wife?
(c) A drunk.
4. Where does Swede realize Dawn and Bill will live at the end of Chapter 8?
(a) In New York.
(b) In Boston.
(c) In Chicago.
(d) In his new house.
5. What is the narrator especially fascinated by in regard to his ability to remember his childhood?
(a) How long ago it was.
(b) The depth of detail.
(c) How much he misses it.
(d) How fond he is of the memories.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait is given to Dawn when she is first described in Chapter 4?
2. What does Rita say Swede has to do for her if he wants to see Merry in Chapter 4?
3. What proceedings are Swede's parents watching on TV in Chapter 7?
4. What does Dawn blame along with Swede for her poor condition after Merry's disappearance?
5. What story does Swede feel he relates to when he moves to the
This section contains 232 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)