Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mozart's response to Constanze's dancing?
2. How has Salieri's career progressed?
3. What explanation does Salieri give the Emporer for not choosing Mozart as the Princess Elizabeth's music tutor?
4. In what way does Salieri demonstrate his abandonment of his vow of chastity?
5. Why does Mozart dislike operas about lofty individuals and ancient heroes?
Examine the character of Salieri and compare and contrast him with Mozart. You might want to consider the morals and motivation of each man.
Would Amadeus be such a powerful play if it were to be produced differently? Discuss the function of production in creating audience response.
'Salieri is almost an archetypal hypocrite.' What is a hypocrite and does Salieri qualify for this label? Who else in Amadeus can be described as a Hypocrite? How does the behavior of such individuals affect others? Respond with close reference to the play.
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)