Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mozart's response to Constanze's dancing?
2. How has Salieri's career progressed?
3. What explanation does Salieri give the Emporer for not choosing Mozart as the Princess Elizabeth's music tutor?
4. In what way does Salieri demonstrate his abandonment of his vow of chastity?
5. Why does Mozart dislike operas about lofty individuals and ancient heroes?
Essay Topic 1
'Amadeus is a tale of the naive artist pitted against a social machine he is entirely unaware of.' Discuss with close reference to the play.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the minor characters in Amadeus. Could any of them be removed from the play without affecting the story, action and outcome?
Essay Topic 3
"Mozart embraces life honestly, lives it fully and renders its complexity in his music. Salieri buries his passions in conventional living and is only capable of conventional art '. Discuss this statement with close reference to the text.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)