|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mozart react to news of his salary?
2. What is Salieri's response to The Magic Flute?
3. Who does Salieri claim is the inspiration for the Ghost in Don Giovanni?
4. What is the effect of the dancers moving in total silence?
5. What is it that Mozart intends to adapt and include in his vaudeville opera?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Would Amadeus be such a powerful play if it were to be produced differently? Discuss the function of production in creating audience response.
Essay Topic 2
'Salieri is almost an archetypal hypocrite.' What is a hypocrite and does Salieri qualify for this label? Who else in Amadeus can be described as a Hypocrite? How does the behavior of such individuals affect others? Respond with close reference to the play.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways do you think the problem of 'appearances versus reality' is crucial to the play Amadeus?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)