|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final blow for Mozart?
2. What works has Mozart written during the same time?
3. Why does Mozart dislike operas about lofty individuals and ancient heroes?
4. What new work is Mozart considering?
5. What does Salieri find a compensation for ghastly encounters at the Baroness's?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the character of Salieri and compare and contrast him with Mozart. You might want to consider the morals and motivation of each man.
Essay Topic 2
In what ways is Amadeus a struggle between the forces of innovation and the power of convention? Make close reference to the text.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the role of the minor characters in Amadeus. Could any of them be removed from the play without affecting the story, action and outcome?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)