|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mozart view Salieri at this point?
2. What does Mozart suggest is the answer to his problems?
3. In conversation with Salieri, what attitude to his father does Mozart display?
4. What has happened to Leopold Mozart's letters?
5. What word describes Salieri's success and what he has bought with it?
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the minor--though crucial--characters in Amadeus and discuss their function in the play as a whole. (Exclude the Venticelli from this discussion.)
Essay Topic 2
Review the staging of the play Amadeus. How does the production itself affect the responses of the audience? Make overall comment, then choose one scene to focus on in detail. Might there be alternative ways to stage the scene?
Essay Topic 3
Explore the way in which jealousy is dealt with in Amadeus. How has this affected the lives of at least TWO characters? You might like to consider the effects on personality as well as life outcome.
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)