|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mozart's response to Constanze's dancing?
2. How has Salieri's career progressed?
3. What explanation does Salieri give the Emporer for not choosing Mozart as the Princess Elizabeth's music tutor?
4. In what way does Salieri demonstrate his abandonment of his vow of chastity?
5. Why does Mozart dislike operas about lofty individuals and ancient heroes?
Essay Topic 1
Does Amadeus qualify as an example of tragedy? Is there a tragic hero and what makes him such?
Essay Topic 2
'A study of evil, tempered by humor.' Is this a view of Amadeus that you agree with? Discus with close reference to the text.
Essay Topic 3
In what ways is Amadeus a struggle between the forces of innovation and the power of convention? Make close reference to the text.
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)