|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Salieri next meet Mozart?
2. Who is Schikaneder?
3. Who pays for Mozart's funeral?
4. How had Mozart disobeyed his father?
5. What does Constanze tell Wolfgang their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens in this scene to essentially perform the coup-de-grace for Mozart?
2. Comment on the irony of Salieri's situation at the end of this section of the play.
3. In what way is the dying Mozart presented to us as a Christ-like martyr?
4. What is Salieri's fate?
5. In what way does Salieri scheme to spoil the production of The Marriage of Figaro?
6. What significant observations about art does Salieri make?
7. What information does the Venticelli convey to Salieri?
8. How is the Emperor a danger to Salieri's plan to destroy Mozart?
9. What does Constanze's return to Salieri's apartment reveal about her?
10. What disturbing aspect of 'appearances versus reality' does Salieri allude to in his opening speech in Act 2 of Amadeus?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the way in which humor is woven into the events depicted in Amadeus.
Essay Topic 2
'Amadeus is a tale of the naive artist pitted against a social machine he is entirely unaware of.' Discuss with close reference to the play.
Essay Topic 3
'The real tragedy is Salieri's. He kills nothing but his own soul.' Do you agree?
This section contains 1,030 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)