|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Constanze suggest might cure her husband's bad dreams?
2. Why did Van Swieten attend the performance?
3. Who does Mozart blame for his disappoint in the matter of Princess Elizabeth?
4. How does Salieri now plan to destroy Mozart?
5. Where does Salieri next meet Mozart?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose two of the minor--though crucial--characters in Amadeus and discuss their function in the play as a whole. (Exclude the Venticelli from this discussion.)
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the minor characters in Amadeus. Could any of them be removed from the play without affecting the story, action and outcome?
Essay Topic 3
Review the staging of the play Amadeus. How does the production itself affect the responses of the audience? Make overall comment, then choose one scene to focus on in detail. Might there be alternative ways to stage the scene?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)