|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Salieri's response to The Magic Flute?
(a) He doesn't understand it.
(b) He despises it for its jokes.
(c) He sees it as full of cleansing and peace.
(d) He is outraged at the use of Masonic ritual.
2. To which character does Salieri give the name La Statua?
(a) Princess Elizabeth.
(b) Baroness Waldstadten.
(c) Teresa Salieri
(d) Constanze Mozart.
3. When Salieri speaks of 'the Creature,' to whom is he referring?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) A Venticello.
(c) Constanze Mozart.
4. What is frightening Constanze?
(a) Having a second baby.
(b) Their poverty.
(c) The possibility of Mozart being expelled from the Masonic Lodge.
(d) Mozart and the story of his dream.
5. What is the effect of the dancers moving in total silence?
(c) Tense drama.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mozart react to news of his salary?
2. Despite being unable to block the production, how does Salieri feel at the first performance of Figaro?
3. How does Salieri now plan to destroy Mozart?
4. How does Mozart view Salieri at this point?
5. What explanation does Salieri give the Emporer for not choosing Mozart as the Princess Elizabeth's music tutor?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)