|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salieri notice about Mozart during the applause for the opera?
(a) His frailty and mortality.
(b) His drunken state.
(c) That he is disappointed in the staging.
(d) His shabby clothes.
2. According to the Venticelli, how many pupils does Mozart have?
(a) Four at the most.
(b) No more than sixteen.
(c) Seven at the most.
(d) Six at the most.
3. What does Salieri find distasteful about the audience?
(a) That they dress badly and applaud in the wrong places.
(b) That they smell of sweat and sausage.
(c) That they smell of sweat and coal dust.
(d) That they are unwashed and smell of garlic.
4. How does Baron Van Swieten enter the Theater by the Weiden?
(b) In disguise.
(d) With some ceremony.
5. How did Leopold Mozart respond to his son's request?
(a) He suggested a compromise.
(b) He accapted readily.
(c) He did not reply.
(d) He refused
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the final blow for Mozart?
2. To which character does Salieri give the name La Statua?
3. What does Mozart disclose to Salieri at the beginning of the next scene?
4. What works has Mozart written during the same time?
5. What word describes Salieri's success and what he has bought with it?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)