Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mozart's response to Constanze's dancing?
(a) He grabs her and starts kissing her.
(b) He picks her up and puts her to bed.
(c) He chases her around the room.
(d) He tells her to sit down and shut up.
2. How has Salieri's career progressed?
(a) He is successful, seen as a superior composer to Mozart.
(b) He works hard and has some success.
(c) He writes smash hit operas and becomes exceedingly rich and famous.
(d) He works hard, writes one hit, then loses favor to Mozart.
3. What explanation does Salieri give the Emporer for not choosing Mozart as the Princess Elizabeth's music tutor?
(a) He informs the Emperor that Mozart cannot be trusted around young women.
(b) He tells the Emperor Mozart is too busy.
(c) He tells the Emperor Mozart might influence the Princess politically.
(d) He tells the Emperor Mozart's fees are too high.
4. In what way does Salieri demonstrate his abandonment of his vow of chastity?
(a) He starts seeing prostitutes.
(b) He seduces a nun.
(c) He takes Constanze Mozart as his mistress.
(d) He begins an affair with Katharina Cavalieri.
5. Why does Mozart dislike operas about lofty individuals and ancient heroes?
(a) He believes they are too hard for singers to master.
(b) He thinks all opera should be funny.
(c) He believes opera should be about real people.
(d) He believes this will make the art form decline.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mozart describe opera's importance?
2. How did Leopold Mozart respond to his son's request?
3. Why did Van Swieten attend the performance?
4. What promise to Mozart does Salieri fail to honor?
5. What does Constanze suggest might cure her husband's bad dreams?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)