|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the Emperor likely to foil Salieri's plans?
(a) By offering Mozart an apartment at the palace.
(b) By offering to pay Mozart's rent.
(c) By sending Salieri away to Italy.
(d) By offering Mozart a court position.
2. According to the Venticelli, how many pupils does Mozart have?
(a) Four at the most.
(b) No more than sixteen.
(c) Seven at the most.
(d) Six at the most.
3. 'It celebrates . . . the goddess in Woman and not the laundress' is a reference to what>
(c) The Feast of the Annunciation.
4. Who does Mozart blame for his disappoint in the matter of Princess Elizabeth?
(a) His father.
5. Who writes an opera that is the talk of the city of Vienna, according to the Venticelli?
(b) Richard Strauss.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Schikaneder?
2. What is Salieri determined now to do?
3. What explanation does Salieri give the Emporer for not choosing Mozart as the Princess Elizabeth's music tutor?
4. Why does Orsini-Rosenberg object to The Marriage of Figaro?
5. What is the effect of the Emperor's yawn?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the death of Kapellmeister Bonno affect Salieri?
2. In what way is his son's description of Leopold Mozart ironic?
3. Comment on the philosophical contrast between Mozart and Van Swieten and Von Strack.
4. What is Salieri's fate?
5. What are the indications of decline that Salieri observes when he meets Wolfgang and Constanze in the Prater?
6. How does Mozart respond to the news about his salary?
7. In what way is the dying Mozart presented to us as a Christ-like martyr?
8. What does Constanze's return to Salieri's apartment reveal about her?
9. What is the significance of 'the figure in gray' that haunts Mozart's dreams?
10. What is the significance of Salieri's words: " alone was empowered to recognize them for what they were'?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)