|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. 'It celebrates . . . the goddess in Woman and not the laundress' is a reference to what>
(c) The Feast of the Annunciation.
2. What does Salieri notice about Mozart during the applause for the opera?
(a) That he is disappointed in the staging.
(b) His shabby clothes.
(c) His drunken state.
(d) His frailty and mortality.
3. What salary does Salieri recommend Mozart be paid?
(a) Two thousand florins a year.
(b) Two hundred florins a year.
(c) Two hundred florins a week.
(d) Two hundred florins a month.
4. Who pays for Mozart's funeral?
(a) Count Orsini-Rosenberg
(b) Frau Weber.
(c) Baron Van Swieten.
(d) The Emperor.
5. To which character does Salieri give the name La Statua?
(a) Teresa Salieri
(b) Baroness Waldstadten.
(c) Princess Elizabeth.
(d) Constanze Mozart.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Salieri now plan to destroy Mozart?
2. What does Salieri recognize in Figaro's song 'Non piu andrai'?
3. About whom does the Emperor make the comment: 'I daresay he can't do much harm'?
4. What do we learn from Van Swieten about Mozart's activities?
5. How has Katharina Cavalieri changed since she was last seen?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)