|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Salieri claim is the inspiration for the Ghost in Don Giovanni?
(a) Chris Gluck.
(c) Leopold Mozart.
(d) Old Papa Haydn.
2. What word describes Salieri's success and what he has bought with it?
(a) The adjective 'golden'--for opinions and the furniture that reflects his success.
(b) The word 'lavish' to connect praise and furnishings.
(c) 'Deliberate' for the way he has made things happen and the way he has decorated his house.
(d) 'Incomprenensible' to apply to his success and his wife's taste in furniture.
3. Why do Constanze and Wolfgang stop their private game?
(a) Constanze goes into labor.
(b) They hear Salieri coming.
(c) They are tired and cold.
(d) Constanze faints.
4. What is the meaning of the gestures Salieri makes outside Mozart's window?
(a) It is a symbol of the Egyptian god Osiris.
(b) It is a countdown to death.
(c) It indicates the Grim Reaper.
(d) It is an obscure Masonic ritual.
5. What does Salieri find distasteful about the audience?
(a) That they are unwashed and smell of garlic.
(b) That they dress badly and applaud in the wrong places.
(c) That they smell of sweat and sausage.
(d) That they smell of sweat and coal dust.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salieri notice about Mozart during the applause for the opera?
2. What strange insight does Mozart seem to have regarding the Figaro problems?
3. How does Baron Van Swieten enter the Theater by the Weiden?
4. What does Constanze tell Wolfgang their relationship?
5. How does Salieri refer to Mozart?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)