|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Rosenberg's opinion of prodigies?
(a) He is in awe of them.
(b) He is jealous of them.
(c) He finds them hateful.
(d) He finds them adorable.
2. How does Mozart react when the Major-Domo enters?
(a) He is embarrassed.
(b) He is happy.
(c) He is annoyed.
(d) He is excited and full of anticipation.
3. How does Salieri get his hands on some of Mozart's manuscripts?
(a) He buys them from a second-hand dealer.
(b) The Venticelli bring them to him.
(c) He bribes a servant to steal them.
(d) He steals them.
4. What is holding up Wolfgang's and Constanze's marriage?
(a) They are awaiting Leopold Mozart's permission.
(b) They are trying to find a good apartment to rent.
(c) They are still saving up for the reception.
(d) They are awaiting the Emperor's permission.
5. What was Salieri's home town?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of work has the Emperor commissioned Mozart to write?
2. How does Salieri reward his Venticelli?
3. What nationality is Katharina Cavalieri?
4. How is the Venticelli's speech described?
5. What does Salieri view as the secret of successful living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Salieri hinting at when he says his servants will be 'even more surprised tomorrow'?
2. Why do reports about Mozart unsettle Salieri?
3. What concrete information about Mozart is passed to Salieri by the Venticelli?
4. In what way does Salieri believe God is torturing him?
5. What story does the Emperor tell to Mozart?
6. What is the significance of the golden light that bathes the Emperor and his court?
7. What does this scene show us of Mozart's talent?
8. Comment on the conflict in this library scene.
9. Account for Salieri's shout from the chair as he listens to Mozart and Constanze play their bawdy game.
10. Comment on Salieri's appeal to 'the ghosts of the future'.
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)