|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Salieri left Italy, how old was Mozart?
2. Which character receives a kiss from Salieri?
(a) His wife.
(b) Katharina Cavalieri.
(d) Constanze Weber.
3. How does Mozart react when the Major-Domo enters?
(a) He is happy.
(b) He is embarrassed.
(c) He is excited and full of anticipation.
(d) He is annoyed.
4. What is holding up Wolfgang's and Constanze's marriage?
(a) They are awaiting Leopold Mozart's permission.
(b) They are trying to find a good apartment to rent.
(c) They are still saving up for the reception.
(d) They are awaiting the Emperor's permission.
5. How does Salieri cope with his insight into Mozart's talent?
(a) He falls into depression.
(b) He composes an opera about it.
(c) He complains to one of his committees.
(d) He throws himself into work.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprises Salieri's servants?
2. What is Salieri's occupation at this time?
3. Who is the lead singer Mozart has engaged?
4. On what instrument does Mozart play Salieri's march?
5. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What strategy does Salieri use in his attempt to seduce Constanze?
2. In what ways does Salieri work to undermine Mozart in this section of the play?
3. What is striking about Salieri's description of the Adagio from the Serenade for Thirteen Wind Instruments (K. 361)?
4. In what way does Salieri claim to be different from his parents?
5. What does his comment about his requirement in a wife reveal about Salieri's character?
6. What happens in this section of the play to fertilize the growing seed of Salieri's murderous ideas?
7. What story does the Emperor tell to Mozart?
8. What is Salieri hinting at when he says his servants will be 'even more surprised tomorrow'?
9. For what reason might the scene in the Baroness's library be considered ironic?
10. What does Salieri do to cope with the psychic blow he has received through hearing Mozart's music?
This section contains 1,072 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)