|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What family dynasty rules in Vienna?
(a) The Hapsburgs.
(b) The Bonbons.
(c) The Bourbons.
(d) The Hollsteins.
2. What is Mozart's reaction to Constanze's game with the Venticelli?
(a) He tries to be angry but backs down and kisses her instead of raging.
(b) He is angry and tells her she has ruined her reputation.
(c) He is angry and orders her to go home.
(d) He is furious and slaps her.
3. What philosophic age does Salieri refer to in his first speech for this section of the play?
(a) The Age of Englightenment
(b) The Age of the Feuilletons.
(c) The Age of Modernism.
(d) The Platonic Age.
4. Who plays the 'march of welcome' for Mozart?
(a) The Emperor.
(b) Von Strack.
(d) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
5. How does Salieri describe Mozart at the end of this scene?
(a) As a heavenly presence.
(b) As an obscene child.
(c) As a naive child.
(d) As an obscene gypsy.
6. What kind of love does Mozart claim his opera contains?
(a) Manly love, real love.
(b) Unrequited love.
(c) Sacrificial love.
(d) Young love.
7. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
(a) Leopold Mozart.
(b) Count Rosenberg.
(c) Baron Van Swieten.
(d) Emperor Joseph II
8. Where is Salieri hidden?
(a) Behind an arras.
(b) In a wing-backed chair.
(c) Behind the door.
(d) Under a trestle table.
9. How does Salieri find out that Mozart has arrived in Vienna?
(a) His wife tells him.
(b) The Venticelli tell him.
(c) The Emperor tells him.
(d) Count Rosenberg tells him.
10. How is the Venticelli's speech described?
(a) They are said to be laconic.
(b) They shout loudly.
(c) They speak in tongues.
(d) They speak urgently, rapidly.
11. What is Rosenberg's opinion of prodigies?
(a) He is jealous of them.
(b) He is in awe of them.
(c) He finds them hateful.
(d) He finds them adorable.
12. What does Constanze accuse her husband of doing?
(a) Sleeping in every day and not doing any work to earn them money.
(b) Sleeping with Katharina Cavalieri.
(c) Sleeping with all his female pupils.
(d) Having an affair with the Princess Elizabeth.
13. Who picks the child Mozart up after his fall?
(a) Marie Antionette.
(b) His mother.
(c) The Emperor's mother.
14. How old was Mozart when the Emperor last met him?
15. How does Salieri reward his Venticelli?
(a) He gives them money.
(b) He gives them cakes.
(c) He gets them jobs at the palace.
(d) He buys them dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Emperor say would be fun?
2. How does Salieri finally realize the extent of Mozart's talent?
3. How does Salieri get his hands on some of Mozart's manuscripts?
4. How does Salieri describe 'Marten Aller Arten'?
5. What does Salieri say is the title of his last work?
This section contains 542 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)