Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Into which well-known piece does Mozart transform Salieri's march of welcome?
(a) The Entry of the Gods into Valhalla.
(b) The Finale from The Abduction From the Seraglio.
(c) The Grand March from Aida.
(d) The march from The Marriage of Figaro.
2. What does Salieri feel he needs to make his 'last audience' appear?
(a) An imbrocation.
(b) A salutation.
(c) An invocation.
(d) A circumlocution.
3. What caused Mozart's death, according to the Venticelli?
(c) Rheumatic fever.
(d) Puerperal fever.
4. How is the Venticelli's speech described?
(a) They are said to be laconic.
(b) They speak urgently, rapidly.
(c) They speak in tongues.
(d) They shout loudly.
5. What relationship to Salieri is Katharina Cavalieri?
(a) She is his patron and later his mistress.
(b) She is his pupil and later his mistress.
(c) She is his half-sister and later his pupil.
(d) She is his illegitimate daughter.
6. What quality does Salieri say he requires in a wife?
(a) Musical talent.
(b) Ability to bear children.
(d) Lack of fire.
7. What animal is Mozart pretending to be?
(a) A cat.
(b) A tiger.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A fox.
8. Who prompts the Emperor's response to the opera?
(b) Baron Van Swieten.
(c) The Venticelli.
(d) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
9. What does Mozart intend to do in Vienna?
(a) Give concerts.
(b) Hide from his father.
(c) Kiss the Emperor's hand.
(d) Apply for Salieri's job.
10. Who plays the 'march of welcome' for Mozart?
(a) Von Strack.
(c) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
(d) The Emperor.
11. What is holding up Wolfgang's and Constanze's marriage?
(a) They are awaiting the Emperor's permission.
(b) They are awaiting Leopold Mozart's permission.
(c) They are trying to find a good apartment to rent.
(d) They are still saving up for the reception.
12. Where does Salieri finally meet Mozart?
(a) At the Statsoper.
(b) At Baroness Waldstadten's.
(c) At the Imperial Palace.
(d) At the Belvedere.
13. What does Salieri view as the secret of successful living?
(a) Always knowing how to get the best value at the markets.
(b) Always knowing what is going on behind your back.
(c) Always knowing what your publisher is doing behind your back.
(d) Always knowing what your wife is doing behind your back.
14. How does Mozart insult Count Orsini-Rosenberg?
(a) He tells him he looks like a turd.
(b) He tells him he is fat as a toad.
(c) He makes an obscene gesture and laughs.
(d) He tells him he looks like a toad.
15. Which Mozart opera is being performed in this scene?
(a) The Abduction from the Seraglio.
(b) Cosi Fan Tutte.
(c) La Cenerentola.
(d) Don Giovanni.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salieri's reaction to the young couple's goings-on?
2. What is the Emperor's judgment of the opera.
3. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
4. Which is Salieri's favorite sweet indulgence?
5. What does Salieri do, in his pain?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)