|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mozart insult Count Orsini-Rosenberg?
(a) He tells him he looks like a turd.
(b) He makes an obscene gesture and laughs.
(c) He tells him he looks like a toad.
(d) He tells him he is fat as a toad.
2. Who was an influential teacher of Salieri?
3. What causes Mozart to stop his silliness on this occasion?
(a) Constanze's annoyance.
(b) The mention of his father.
(c) The idea for some new music.
(d) Respect for the Baroness.
4. What solo instrument sounds a single note?
(a) A crumhorn.
(b) An organ.
(c) A viola.
(d) An oboe.
5. What does Mozart intend to do in Vienna?
(a) Apply for Salieri's job.
(b) Kiss the Emperor's hand.
(c) Give concerts.
(d) Hide from his father.
6. Which character receives a kiss from Salieri?
(b) His wife.
(c) Katharina Cavalieri.
(d) Constanze Weber.
7. Who formally introduces Mozart and Salieri?
(a) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
(b) Constanze Weber.
(c) The Emperor Joseph II.
(d) Van Swieten.
8. What is the Emperor's judgment of the opera.
(a) 'Too many high notes.'
(b) 'Too many songs.'
(c) 'Too many costumes.'
(d) 'Too many notes.'
9. Where does Salieri say he was born?
(b) Northern Hispaniola.
(c) Southern Italy.
(d) Northern Italy.
10. Who plays the 'march of welcome' for Mozart?
(b) The Emperor.
(c) Count Orsini-Rosenberg.
(d) Von Strack.
11. On what instrument does Mozart play Salieri's march?
(a) A dulcimer.
(b) A fortepiano.
(c) A pianoforte.
(d) A harpsichord.
12. What relationship to Salieri is Katharina Cavalieri?
(a) She is his illegitimate daughter.
(b) She is his pupil and later his mistress.
(c) She is his half-sister and later his pupil.
(d) She is his patron and later his mistress.
13. What animal is Constanze imitating?
(a) A vole.
(b) A pussy-cat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A furry puppy.
14. How does Salieri find out that Mozart has arrived in Vienna?
(a) His wife tells him.
(b) The Venticelli tell him.
(c) The Emperor tells him.
(d) Count Rosenberg tells him.
15. What is holding up Wolfgang's and Constanze's marriage?
(a) They are still saving up for the reception.
(b) They are trying to find a good apartment to rent.
(c) They are awaiting Leopold Mozart's permission.
(d) They are awaiting the Emperor's permission.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salieri's reaction to the young couple's goings-on?
2. What does the Emperor say would be fun?
3. Which notable woman is the Emperor's sister?
4. Why is a party being held at Baroness Waldstadten's?
5. What words are whispered at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)