|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What intensely special quality does Salieri believe Mozart's music possesses?
(a) He believes it is like the voice of God.
(b) He finds it is angelic, heavenly.
(c) He believes it has the power to charm birds and animals.
(d) He believes it is revolutionary in its atonal structure.
2. Which is Salieri's favorite sweet indulgence?
(a) Tutti frutti.
(d) Crema al mascarpone.
3. Where has Mozart been living prior to his arrival in Vienna?
4. When Salieri left Italy, how old was Mozart?
5. Who presently holds the position Salieri covets?
(a) Count Von Strack.
(b) Louis Van Beethoven.
(c) Count Von Oslo.
(d) Giuseppe Bonno.
6. What kind of work has the Emperor commissioned Mozart to write?
(a) An opera.
(b) A symphony.
(c) A concerto.
(d) A string quartet.
7. In which room at the Baroness's does Salieri first see Mozart?
(a) The ballroom.
(b) The library.
(c) The atrium.
(d) The music room.
8. What was Salieri's home town?
9. What is ironic about court musicians and their employers?
(a) The music will be remembered long after the politics of the time is forgotten.
(b) The music is forgettable because the Emperor will pass away.
(c) Everyone is mediocre and everything is a waste of time.
(d) Rich people are mediocre.
10. Who is named as an old pupil of Salieri's?
(a) Richard Strauss.
(c) Leopold Mozart.
(d) Johann Strauss II.
11. How is the Venticelli's speech described?
(a) They speak in tongues.
(b) They speak urgently, rapidly.
(c) They are said to be laconic.
(d) They shout loudly.
12. Which Mozart opera is being performed in this scene?
(a) La Cenerentola.
(b) Don Giovanni.
(c) Cosi Fan Tutte.
(d) The Abduction from the Seraglio.
13. Where does Salieri finally meet Mozart?
(a) At the Belvedere.
(b) At the Imperial Palace.
(c) At the Statsoper.
(d) At Baroness Waldstadten's.
14. What is Baron Van Swieten's nickname?
(a) 'Lord Fugue.'
(b) 'Lord Van Fugue.'
15. Who invites Salieri to join the Masons?
(a) Leopold Mozart.
(b) Count Rosenberg.
(c) Baron Van Swieten.
(d) Emperor Joseph II
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Salieri hidden?
2. How does Salieri intend to adapt the Legend of Danaius?
3. Which notable woman is the Emperor's sister?
4. What is Salieri's occupation at this time?
5. How does the audience react to the opera's finale?
This section contains 420 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)