Act 1, Part 1
1. What words are whispered at the beginning of the play?
(a) 'Celery' and 'assassin.'
(b) 'Salieri' and 'companion.'
(c) 'Mozart' and 'Beethoven.'
(d) 'Salieri' and 'assassin.'
2. What people are the chorus members meant to represent?
(a) Nineteenth century citizens of Verona.
(b) Salieri's cousins and nineteenth century neighbors.
(c) Nineteenth century citizens of Venezia.
(d) Eighteenth century citizens of Vienna.
3. How is the Venticelli's speech described?
(a) They shout loudly.
(b) They speak in tongues.
(c) They speak urgently, rapidly.
(d) They are said to be laconic.
4. Who is named as an old pupil of Salieri's?
(b) Richard Strauss.
(c) Johann Strauss II.
(d) Leopold Mozart.
5. In what language does Salieri speak when he is excited, according to one of the Venticelli?
6. In the context of the play, how long has it been since Mozart's death?
(a) Thirty-two years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Fifty-three years.
(d) Thirty-four years.
7. What caused Mozart's death, according to the Venticelli?
(a) Rheumatic fever.
(c) Puerperal fever.
This section contains 5,235 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)