|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Jack and Anne been falling in love?
2. To whom does Mortimer L. Littlepaugh give a letter the night before he dies?
3. Who is to secure the answer to #114 for Willie?
4. Who does Jack marry after Anne rejects him?
5. What do Jack and Anne continue to discuss as the years progress?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the author's use of local color particularly regarding speech and dialogue. How can you tell the differences in the characters backgrounds and experiences by the way they speak? Do you think Willie's colorful speaking style is exaggerated or is it realistic?
Essay Topic 2
Compare and contrast the childhoods of Willie Stark and Jack Burden. How did Willie's life of hard work growing up on a farm make him the person he became? Would Willie have been different had he not entered politics? How did growing up relatively privileged affect Jack?
Essay Topic 3
Tiny Duffy is characterized as the epitome of evil in the book. Explain Tiny's motives for what he does. Do you think people like Tiny gravitate toward political positions because there is more opportunity for advancement? Or for greed? Explain.
This section contains 1,047 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)