|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bombshell does Jack drop on Anne?
2. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
3. What does Willie tell Adam about the hospital plans?
4. What is Anne's marital status now?
5. Who is with Adam at the time of Coffee's visit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain how Willie's role as protagonist evolves as the plot extends. How does Willie change from the hard-working farm boy to a manipulative politician? What are Willie's motivators? Is Willie the typical protagonist hero at heart?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Willie Stark. Be sure to include his personality and behaviors as well as his physicality? What drives Willie as a young man? How does Willie change as he grows older?
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism of Jack Burden's name? Do you feel that he carries a burden? Or is Jack himself the burden?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)