|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Jack make the decision to return home?
2. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
3. What does Jack do after Anne makes her decision?
4. How long had Jack and Anne been falling in love?
5. What happens between Jack and Anne the summer Jack is 20?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who is the character with the most moral fiber in the story? Do you think there is one character who will not be manipulated or used in some way for personal gain? Is there one character, besides Willy, who will stoop to almost anything to get what he/she wants no matter what the personal cost?
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of Willie Stark's name? Does his name fit his bold physicality? How about his brash personality?
Essay Topic 3
Some psychologists might say that Tom Stark's indiscriminate behavior is a child calling for help. Do you agree or disagree with this premise? What do you think Tom truly wants from his parents? Do you think Willie is so permissive with Tom because Willy had to work so hard on the farm when he was a boy? Explain.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)