|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adam react to Coffee's request?
2. What do Adam and Willie discuss when Jack and Willie go to Adam's apartment?
3. What does Jack discover about the wealth of Judge Irwin's second wife?
4. What does Anne tell Jack about how Judge Irwin solved his money problems?
5. What happened to Judge Irwin's first wife?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the author's use of local color particularly regarding speech and dialogue. How can you tell the differences in the characters backgrounds and experiences by the way they speak? Do you think Willie's colorful speaking style is exaggerated or is it realistic?
Essay Topic 2
Some psychologists might say that Tom Stark's indiscriminate behavior is a child calling for help. Do you agree or disagree with this premise? What do you think Tom truly wants from his parents? Do you think Willie is so permissive with Tom because Willy had to work so hard on the farm when he was a boy? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Explain how Willie's role as protagonist evolves as the plot extends. How does Willie change from the hard-working farm boy to a manipulative politician? What are Willie's motivators? Is Willie the typical protagonist hero at heart?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)