|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne reveals as the topic of conversation the last time she had lunch with the governor?
2. Who is Willie told will be the best person to run the hospital?
3. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
4. Where does Jack go in Chapter 7?
5. What puzzles Jack about the hospital discussion?
Essay Topic 1
In Chapter 2, Willie is branded as a nigger lover. Explain what this term means. Why was it "acceptable" to use in 1922 and not tolerated at all today? Has society matured? Are people more sensitive? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is the symbolism of Jack Burden's name? Do you feel that he carries a burden? Or is Jack himself the burden?
Essay Topic 3
Some psychologists might say that Tom Stark's indiscriminate behavior is a child calling for help. Do you agree or disagree with this premise? What do you think Tom truly wants from his parents? Do you think Willie is so permissive with Tom because Willy had to work so hard on the farm when he was a boy? Explain.
This section contains 1,083 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)