|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Anne live after her father's death?
2. What happened to Judge Irwin's second wife?
3. Who does Jack marry after Anne rejects him?
4. What does Jack convince Adam to do about Coffee?
5. What do Jack and Anne continue to discuss as the years progress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the symbolism of Willie Stark's name? Does his name fit his bold physicality? How about his brash personality?
Essay Topic 2
Tiny Duffy is characterized as the epitome of evil in the book. Explain Tiny's motives for what he does. Do you think people like Tiny gravitate toward political positions because there is more opportunity for advancement? Or for greed? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
If Jack's mother has always been in love with Judge Irwin, why didn't she marry him, especially when she became pregnant? Why would Jack's mother suffer through a string of inferior men as husbands? What price did she pay in order to keep Jack ignorant about the identity of his real father?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)