|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Judge Irwin's second wife?
(a) She was an invalid and died.
(b) She died in childbirth.
(c) She committed suicide.
(d) She divorced Judge Irwin.
2. What does Jack finally ask Anne?
(a) Why she will not marry him now
(b) Why she did not want to marry him
(c) Why she got involved with Willie
(d) Why she never left this small town
3. How did Judge Irwin get Mortimer L. Littlepaugh's job?
(a) He hosted cocktail parties for the company executives.
(b) He invited the company CEO for a golf weekend.
(c) He took a bribe to make a ruling on a lawsuit.
(d) He invested a large sum in the company's stock.
4. What does Jack's mother reveal to Jack about Judge Irwin
(a) Judge Irwin is having an affair with Lucy Stark.
(b) Judge Irwin is in love with Willie Stark.
(c) Judge Irwin is in love with her.
(d) Judge Irwin is actually Jack's father.
5. What do Adam and Willie discuss when Jack and Willie go to Adam's apartment?
(a) The rumors of war in Europe
(b) Goodness and badness
(c) Their former girlfriends
(d) The baseball scores from last night
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jack find out about what happened between Adam and Coffee?
2. What puzzles Jack about the hospital discussion?
3. Who does Gummy Larson send to see Adam in Chapter 8?
4. What does Willie want for Tom?
5. What does Jack do after Anne makes her decision?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)