|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Anne live after her father's death?
(a) A small apartment in the city
(b) A farm in Mississippi
(c) In the family home
(d) In a townhouse in New York
2. What does Anne tell Jack about how Judge Irwin solved his money problems?
(a) He got a substantial bank loan.
(b) He married a wealthy woman.
(c) He took out a large insurance policy on his first wife.
(d) He sold most of his property.
3. Why can Willie not marry Anne now?
(a) Because he wants to wait until Tom has graduated
(b) Because a divorce would hurt him politically right now
(c) Because his divorce is not final
(d) Because he is trying to get his marriage annulled
4. What happens to Willie and Lucy's son, Tom?
(a) He goes to the prom with his dream girl.
(b) He wrecks his expensive sports car.
(c) He gets all A's on his report card.
(d) He gets into the college of his choice.
5. What prompts Jack to take this trip?
(a) He is in desperate need of a vacation.
(b) Anne confirms her involvement with Willie.
(c) He visits an old college friend.
(d) He has a job interview.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens between Jack and Anne the summer Jack is 20?
2. What does Willie want for Tom?
3. Where does Jack spend a weekend with Adam and Anne?
4. What does Anne ask Jack to show her?
5. What does Anne do when her father becomes an invalid?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)