|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does MacMurfree want in return?
(a) He wants nothing in return
(b) The governor's endorsement when MacMurfee runs for the Senate
(c) He wants the governor to approve his brother-in-law's bid on a big construction project
(d) He wants the child to be named after him
2. How does Jack find out about what happened between Adam and Coffee?
(a) Judge Irwin tells him.
(b) The governor tells him
(c) Coffee tells him.
(d) Anne tells him.
3. What happens to Willie and Lucy's son, Tom?
(a) He gets all A's on his report card.
(b) He gets into the college of his choice.
(c) He wrecks his expensive sports car.
(d) He goes to the prom with his dream girl.
4. What does Willie want for Tom?
(a) To study hard and get a law degree
(b) To spend some time in Europe
(c) To have fun he was denied as a child
(d) To marry a good Southern girl and settle down
5. What does Jack discover about the wealth of Judge Irwin's second wife?
(a) She had been left a lot of money but spent it by the time she married the judge.
(b) She is very frugal and dies with most of her money untouched.
(c) She had cut the judge out of her will.
(d) She invests well and becomes an even wealthier woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Judge Irwin's second wife?
2. What prompts Jack to take this trip?
3. Why is Anne depressed?
4. What does Jack finally ask Anne?
5. Who is Willie told will be the best person to run the hospital?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)