|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Adam, Anne and Jack spend the evening?
(a) They go to a new restaurant.
(b) Adam plays the piano and they dance.
(c) They read in the library.
(d) They go to see a play.
2. What does Anne tell Jack about how Judge Irwin solved his money problems?
(a) He married a wealthy woman.
(b) He took out a large insurance policy on his first wife.
(c) He got a substantial bank loan.
(d) He sold most of his property.
3. Why can Willie not marry Anne now?
(a) Because his divorce is not final
(b) Because he is trying to get his marriage annulled
(c) Because he wants to wait until Tom has graduated
(d) Because a divorce would hurt him politically right now
4. Why does Jack fear for Anne in her involvement with the governor?
(a) She will be fired
(b) She will put her healthy in jeopardy by working long hours.
(c) She might be hurt.
(d) She should not get involved in politics.
5. Where does Jack go in Chapter 7?
(a) New York
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another reason Jack is taking this trip?
2. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
3. What does Willie want for Tom?
4. What does Jack discover about the wealth of Judge Irwin's second wife?
5. Who is Mortimer L. Littlepaugh?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)