|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lucy want Tom to do?
(a) Deny that the child is his
(b) Pay for the girl's abortion
(c) Break up with the girl
(d) Marry the girl
2. What does Jack finally ask Anne?
(a) Why she got involved with Willie
(b) Why she never left this small town
(c) Why she will not marry him now
(d) Why she did not want to marry him
3. How does Jack find out about what happened between Adam and Coffee?
(a) Anne tells him.
(b) The governor tells him
(c) Coffee tells him.
(d) Judge Irwin tells him.
4. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
(a) To convince Willie to give Anne the hospital job
(b) To ask if she and Jack can get back together
(c) To convince Adam to take the position at the hospital.
(d) To borrow some money
5. What bombshell does Jack drop on Anne?
(a) Jack is moving to New York City.
(b) Jack is going to marry someone else.
(c) Jack has been diagnosed with cancer.
(d) Judge Irwin had taken a bribe and her father, Governor Stanton, was implicated
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the subject of Jack's historical research project in Chapter 5?
2. What does Lucy think about Tom?
3. Who does Gummy Larson send to see Adam in Chapter 8?
4. What does Willie consider the new hospital to be?
5. Who does Jack marry after Anne rejects him?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)