|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Jack go to see Lucy who is staying at her sister's house?
(a) To ask her out to dinner
(b) To ask her to run the new hospital
(c) To get Lucy to reconcile with the governor
(d) To tell Lucy about the baby
2. What does Jack's mother reveal to Jack about Judge Irwin
(a) Judge Irwin is actually Jack's father.
(b) Judge Irwin is having an affair with Lucy Stark.
(c) Judge Irwin is in love with Willie Stark.
(d) Judge Irwin is in love with her.
3. To whom does Mortimer L. Littlepaugh give a letter the night before he dies?
(a) Judge Irwin
(b) His brother, Clayton A. Littlepaugh
(c) Governor Stanton
(d) His sister, Miss Lily Mae Littlepaugh
4. Where did Anne go to college?
5. Why does Duffy want Gummy Larson to do the construction job on the hospital?
(a) Because he has good business references
(b) Because he submits the lowest bid
(c) To sell out his old boss, MacMurfee
(d) To employ Duffy's son-in-law
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anne tell Jack about how Judge Irwin solved his money problems?
2. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
3. What puzzles Jack about the hospital discussion?
4. Why can Willie not marry Anne now?
5. What does Anne do when her father becomes an invalid?
This section contains 375 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)