|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What puzzles Jack about the hospital discussion?
(a) He wonders who the major contributors are for the hospital fund.
(b) He wonders where all the money is going.
(c) He does not know how Anne knew that Adam had been asked to head up the hospital.
(d) He wonders why the construction schedule isn't more aggressive.
2. What else does Jack's mother tell Jack about Judge Irwin?
(a) Judge Irwin has shot Willie Stark.
(b) Judge Irwin has had a heart attack.
(c) Judge Irwin was killed in a car accident.
(d) Judge Irwin has killed himself.
3. What leads Jack to believe that Judge Irwin got a huge influx of cash at some point?
(a) The judge buys priceless art.
(b) The judge pays off his $44,000 mortgage in 1914.
(c) The judge refurnishes his home in antiques.
(d) The judge builds a brand new home.
4. Why does Anne call and want to see Jack?
(a) To borrow some money
(b) To convince Willie to give Anne the hospital job
(c) To convince Adam to take the position at the hospital.
(d) To ask if she and Jack can get back together
5. What does Anne tell Jack about how Judge Irwin solved his money problems?
(a) He married a wealthy woman.
(b) He took out a large insurance policy on his first wife.
(c) He sold most of his property.
(d) He got a substantial bank loan.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had Jack and Anne been falling in love?
2. What interrupts the only opportunity Jack and Anne had to be intimate?
3. Why is Anne depressed?
4. What does Willie want for Tom?
5. Where did Anne go to college?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)