|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interrupts the only opportunity Jack and Anne had to be intimate?
(a) Anne's roommate gets upsetting news from home.
(b) Jack's parents return home.
(c) Jack's fraternity brothers barge in on them.
(d) Anne gets a phone call from her mother.
2. What does Willie want for Tom?
(a) To marry a good Southern girl and settle down
(b) To study hard and get a law degree
(c) To have fun he was denied as a child
(d) To spend some time in Europe
3. What happens to Mortimer L. Littlepaugh?
(a) He falls from a fifth story hotel window and dies.
(b) He is in a car accident and dies.
(c) He has a heart attack and dies.
(d) He is hit by a bus and dies.
4. What puzzles Jack about the hospital discussion?
(a) He does not know how Anne knew that Adam had been asked to head up the hospital.
(b) He wonders why the construction schedule isn't more aggressive.
(c) He wonders who the major contributors are for the hospital fund.
(d) He wonders where all the money is going.
5. What question does Jack ask Anne?
(a) "Will you marry me?"
(b) "How is the judge's health?"
(c) "Why didn't you want to marry me?"
(d) "Was the judge ever broke?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gummy want from Adam?
2. What happens between Jack and Anne the summer Jack is 20?
3. What happened to Judge Irwin's second wife?
4. What does Jack discover about the wealth of Judge Irwin's second wife?
5. Where does Jack go in Chapter 7?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)