|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to indicate that Lucy is not engaged in Willie's life?
(a) Lucy takes frequent shopping trips out of town.
(b) Lucy takes several independent vacations.
(c) Willie notices that she no longer has the chef prepare Willie's favorite meals.
(d) Willie finds her asleep early even with the threat of impeachment hanging over Willie's head.
2. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
(a) A pencil and paper
(b) A press pass
(c) A whiskey flask
(d) A tape recorder
3. Who is Willie Stark's wife?
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
(a) Adam Stanton
(b) Jack Burden
(c) Willie Stark
(d) Anne Stanton
5. Where do Willie and Jack go after leaving Judge Irwin?
(a) To Baton Rouge
(b) To Willie's farm in Mason City
(c) To Memphis
(d) To Biloxi
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom did Adam and Anne Stanton live as children?
2. Why is the decision made to back Willie?
3. Cass and his brother, Gilbert, and sister, Lavinia, were born in poverty in what state?
4. How is Dolph Pillsbury connected to the troubles with the brick kiln?
5. What happens when Jack visits his father in his small apartment now?
Short Essay Questions
1. What leads Jack to believe that the judge had more secret financial dealings?
2. What was Cass' life like in Mississippi?
3. Compare and contrast the funerals for Willie and Adam.
4. What is Willie's reaction when Judge Irwin refuses to support a man Willie has chosen for a senate nomination?
5. What happens at the school two years after the new school is built?q
6. What startling fact is revealed to Jack when he goes home to see if Judge Irwin will use his influence with MacMurfree?
7. How does the author begin the story in the present time of 1936?
8. What is the author's purpose for beginning the novel in the way he does?
9. What happens in Chapter 8 to make Adam want to resign as director of the hospital?
10. How does Judge Irwin react when he sees Jack and Willie at his home?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)