|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what year does the story flash back?
2. During dinner at the judge's home one night in 1933, what topic comes up as part of the conversation?
(a) Jack's job in politics and the influence he holds
(b) Jack's school days
(c) The coming war in Europe
(d) Jack's old girlfriends
3. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
(a) A press pass
(b) A tape recorder
(c) A whiskey flask
(d) A pencil and paper
4. Who are Willie and his entourage visiting at a farm?
(a) Willie's father
(b) Willie's mentor
(c) Willie's old coach
(d) Willie's grandfather
5. Why does the Attorney General, Hugh Miller resign his position?
(a) He has been diagonosed with a terminal illness.
(b) He objects to the help given to White.
(c) His wife has a terminal illness.
(d) He can no longer keep the travel schedule necessary for the job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Judge Irwin's response to Willie's request?
2. Of what has White been accused?
3. Who is the woman who works for Willie?
4. Why is the decision made to back Willie?
5. What is Willie's wife's profession?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reason that Willie's wife, Lucy, is leaving him?
2. How does Judge Irwin react when he sees Jack and Willie at his home?
3. What does Jack discover when he digs into the school construction story?
4. How does Jack come to learn about the Mastern family?
5. What is the nature of Anne Stanton's depression?
6. What was Cass' life like in Mississippi?
7. To whom is the construction contract awarded and why?
8. What twist of fate changes public perception of Willie Stark?
9. What is Willie's reaction when Judge Irwin refuses to support a man Willie has chosen for a senate nomination?
10. How does Willie react when his assistant, Sadie Burke, tells him, "Judge Irwin has come for Callahan."
This section contains 830 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)