|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Willie Stark is known as ______________.
(a) The Boss
(c) The Big Guy
(d) The Man
2. How is Dolph Pillsbury connected to the troubles with the brick kiln?
(a) Pillsbury's brother-in-law owns the kiln and Pillsbury is suspected of getting kickbacks on the school job.
(b) Pillsbury used to do the accounting for the kiln company.
(c) Pillsbury is a major investor in the kiln business.
(d) Pillsbury used to make bricks for the kiln company.
3. How can Willie be confident in his position?
(a) He has the loyalty of the people all over the state.
(b) He has helped the people in the state more than anyone else who has ever held the office.
(c) He can blackmail anyone he needs to in order to secure his position.
(d) He knows how to campaign better than anyone in the state.
4. Who is Willie Stark's wife?
5. What was included in Cass' papers?
(a) Sketches and a diary
(b) Love letters
(c) Photos, letters, a journal and account books
(d) Old bank drafts
Short Answer Questions
1. Who recommended the school for Cass?
2. Which political faction covertly backs Willie's campaign?
3. When Jack returns to his office, he finds that ______________________________ have been begun for State Auditor, Byram B. White.
4. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
5. Of what has White been accused?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the nature of Jack's second historical project which he launches in Chapter 5?
2. Briefly explain the Mastern family story.
3. What negative trait of Willie's is verified by Willie's behavior in the White impeachment scandal?
4. To whom is the construction contract awarded and why?
5. Explain Anne's pattern of not committing to any permanent relationship in her life.
6. What was Cass' life like in Mississippi?
7. What is the major point of contention between Willie and Lucy about their son, Tom?
8. Explain the literary technique of flashback that the author uses in Chapter 1.
9. Who was Jack find was the unexpected instigator in the deaths of Adam and Willie?
10. How is the relationship between Willie and Adam solidified?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)