|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Willie do after he loses the election?
(a) He becomes a school teacher.
(b) He takes a much-deserved extended vacation.
(c) He works his farm and studies law.
(d) He gets a job at the state finance department.
2. Why does the Attorney General, Hugh Miller resign his position?
(a) He can no longer keep the travel schedule necessary for the job.
(b) He objects to the help given to White.
(c) He has been diagonosed with a terminal illness.
(d) His wife has a terminal illness.
3. What do Jack and Judge Irwin make while Jack is growing up?
(a) Model airplanes
(c) Ships in bottles
(d) Models of ancient weapons
4. Who befriends Willie to keep an eye on his campaign for the Harrison faction?
(a) Sadie Burke
(b) Mrs. Pillsbury
(c) Anne Stanton
(d) Lucille MacMurfee
5. When Jack returns to his office, he finds that ______________________________ have been begun for State Auditor, Byram B. White.
(a) Birthday celebration
(b) Reelection plans
(c) Impeachment proceedings
(d) Anniversary plans
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Cass die?
2. During this time, Willie and Lucy have a son named __________.
3. What happens when Jack visits his father in his small apartment now?
4. Willie Stark is known as ______________.
5. Who do Willie and Jack drive to Burden's Landing to see?
Short Essay Questions
1. Under what circumstances did Jack's parents meet?
2. Explain Anne's pattern of not committing to any permanent relationship in her life.
3. What conflicting information about Judge Irwin's financial history?
4. Does Jack have any contact with his real father now?
5. What is the reason that Willie's wife, Lucy, is leaving him?
6. What does the new hospital symbolize for Willie?
7. What is Willie's second plan of action when he cannot get to the Fryes?
8. What personal connection does Jack find to Cass Mastern during his research?
9. What negative trait of Willie's is verified by Willie's behavior in the White impeachment scandal?
10. What are the circumstances surrounding Willie's loss at reelection for the county treasurer job?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)