|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Annabelle do when she sees Cass after her husband's death?
(a) She faints.
(b) She puts her husband's wedding ring on Cass.
(c) She throws herself at Cass in grief.
(d) She tells Cass to leave.
2. What happens to Annabelle's husband, Duncan Trice?
(a) He is shot in a bar fight.
(b) He is thrown from his horse.
(c) He is shot accidentally while cleaning his pistols.
(d) He commits suicide.
3. Who is Willie Stark's wife?
4. Cass and his brother, Gilbert, and sister, Lavinia, were born in poverty in what state?
5. What surprising twist occurs at Willie's next speech?
(a) Willie resigns because his wife cannot withstand the rigors of the campaign.
(b) Willie tells the crowd about how he has been duped and he is resigning in order to support MacMurfee.
(c) Willie resigns before he is blackmailed.
(d) Willie resigns because he gets some bad medical news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens during the next election for governor?
2. During dinner at the judge's home one night in 1933, what topic comes up as part of the conversation?
3. How does Willie enter politics again?
4. What happens when Willie runs for the governorship in 1930?
5. What was Willie Stark's job when Jack Burden first meets him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Compare and contrast the funerals for Willie and Adam.
2. Explain Anne's pattern of not committing to any permanent relationship in her life.
3. What does Anne give Jack as her reasons for having the affair with Willie?
4. How is the relationship between Willie and Adam solidified?
5. How does Willie re-enter political life?
6. How does Judge Irwin react when he sees Jack and Willie at his home?
7. What is the nature of Anne Stanton's depression?
8. How does Jack reason out Judge Irwin's role in his childhood?
9. What happens in Chapter 8 to make Adam want to resign as director of the hospital?
10. Explain how Judge Irwin's death grants Jack his independence.
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)