|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to indicate that Lucy is not engaged in Willie's life?
(a) Willie finds her asleep early even with the threat of impeachment hanging over Willie's head.
(b) Lucy takes frequent shopping trips out of town.
(c) Lucy takes several independent vacations.
(d) Willie notices that she no longer has the chef prepare Willie's favorite meals.
2. Where does Annabelle take Phebe to be sold?
3. What do Jack and Judge Irwin make while Jack is growing up?
(b) Model airplanes
(c) Models of ancient weapons
(d) Ships in bottles
4. Where do Willie and Jack go after leaving Judge Irwin?
(a) To Biloxi
(b) To Memphis
(c) To Baton Rouge
(d) To Willie's farm in Mason City
5. When Jack returns to his office, he finds that ______________________________ have been begun for State Auditor, Byram B. White.
(a) Anniversary plans
(b) Birthday celebration
(c) Reelection plans
(d) Impeachment proceedings
Short Answer Questions
1. What story does Jack's editor want Jack to get?
2. Gilbert sends Lavinia to an expensive school in Atlanta and _____________________________.
3. On what topic does Willie complain to Jack about Lucy?
4. What happens when Jack visits his father in his small apartment now?
5. Who is Cass Mastern?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the circumstances surrounding Willie's loss at reelection for the county treasurer job?
2. What happens in Chapter 8 to make Adam want to resign as director of the hospital?
3. How do Jack's mother and Judge Irwin feel about Jack's association with Willie Stark?
4. Which of the Mastern family members holds special appeal for Jack?
5. How does Willie re-enter political life?
6. What was Cass' life like in Mississippi?
7. Explain how Judge Irwin's death grants Jack his independence.
8. Does Jack have any contact with his real father now?
9. What happens at the school two years after the new school is built?q
10. What crisis is occurring in the governor's office when Jack returns to town?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)