|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Mortimer L. Littlepaugh give a letter the night before he dies?
(a) His sister, Miss Lily Mae Littlepaugh
(b) His brother, Clayton A. Littlepaugh
(c) Judge Irwin
(d) Governor Stanton
2. Why do people come to hear Willie speak?
(a) Because Willie gives prizes to anyone bringing children to the speeches.
(b) Because Willie offers free refreshments at his speeches.
(c) Because they want to hear everything they can about all the candidates.
(d) Because they're interested in anyone who opposes Pillsbury's friend.
3. What does Jack Burden carry with him?
(a) A pencil and paper
(b) A press pass
(c) A tape recorder
(d) A whiskey flask
4. What bombshell does Jack drop on Anne?
(a) Jack has been diagnosed with cancer.
(b) Jack is moving to New York City.
(c) Jack is going to marry someone else.
(d) Judge Irwin had taken a bribe and her father, Governor Stanton, was implicated
5. What does Willie order when everyone else orders beer?
(a) Orange pop
(c) Sweet tea
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam recall about an argument between Judge Irwin and Governor Stanton?
2. What literary technique does the author use to take the story back in time again?
3. Who were Jack's childhood friends?
4. Why will Tiny Duffy not help Willie improve his dreadful campaign speeches?
5. Who does not approve of Jack working for Willie?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)