|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was included in Cass' papers?
(a) Old bank drafts
(b) Sketches and a diary
(c) Love letters
(d) Photos, letters, a journal and account books
2. What happens to Willie's career in April of 1933?
(a) Willie has to step down for health reasons.
(b) Willie receives the national endorsement to campaign for president.
(c) The news of Willie's affairs threatens his career.
(d) There are impeachment proceeding initiated because of the White case.
3. In what subject did Jack pursue his Ph.D. at the university?
4. What happens during a fire drill at the school two years after it is constructed?
(a) The students and teachers are locked in the building.
(b) Someone pulls the fire alarm as a prank and is suspended for three weeks.
(c) The brickwork collapses causing the deaths of three children and serious injury to a dozen more.
(d) The fire drill is actually a real fire and most of the children are overcome with smoke.
5. What is the topic of Jack's dissertation?
(a) The Civil War
(b) His father's maternal uncle
(c) The Fourth Estate
(d) World War I
Short Answer Questions
1. Which political faction covertly backs Willie's campaign?
2. Cass and his brother, Gilbert, and sister, Lavinia, were born in poverty in what state?
3. What happens when Willie runs for the governorship in 1930?
4. What happens to indicate that Lucy is not engaged in Willie's life?
5. What is the subject of Jack's historical research project in Chapter 5?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)