|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of what has White been accused?
(a) Cheating on his taxes
(b) Having an affair with a congressman's wife
(c) Propositioning one of the pages at the state house
(d) Making a deal with the Tax Lands Bureau for a kickback
2. What surprising twist occurs at Willie's next speech?
(a) Willie resigns before he is blackmailed.
(b) Willie tells the crowd about how he has been duped and he is resigning in order to support MacMurfee.
(c) Willie resigns because his wife cannot withstand the rigors of the campaign.
(d) Willie resigns because he gets some bad medical news.
3. Who do Willie and Jack drive to Burden's Landing to see?
(a) Mrs. Burden
(b) Anne Stanton
(c) Judge Irwin
(d) Sadie Burke
4. During dinner at the judge's home one night in 1933, what topic comes up as part of the conversation?
(a) Jack's old girlfriends
(b) The coming war in Europe
(c) Jack's school days
(d) Jack's job in politics and the influence he holds
5. Why does Willie lose when he runs for reelection?
(a) He runs against the mayor's very popular son.
(b) He does not have enough money to print campaign posters.
(c) The city commissioners start a rumor that the contractor Willie wanted, Jeffers, hired Negro workers.
(d) He does not have a good record on administering city tax dollars.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Willie tell White after White accuses Willie of impunity?
2. What does Cass do with his own slaves?
3. What do Jack and Judge Irwin make while Jack is growing up?
4. How do Adam, Anne and Jack spend the evening?
5. To what college does Gilbert send Cass?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)