|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Judge Irwin's response to Willie's request?
(a) He is not able to do it.
(b) He will not do it.
(c) He will think about it.
(d) He will be glad to do it.
2. On what topic does Willie complain to Jack about Lucy?
(a) How much Lucy has overextended her wardrobe budget
(b) How much weight Lucy seems to have gained recently
(c) How much money Lucy is spending to decorate the governor's mansion
(d) How Lucy is raising their son, Tom
3. Why does Willie lose when he runs for reelection?
(a) He does not have a good record on administering city tax dollars.
(b) He runs against the mayor's very popular son.
(c) The city commissioners start a rumor that the contractor Willie wanted, Jeffers, hired Negro workers.
(d) He does not have enough money to print campaign posters.
4. Who do the city commissioners want to get the contract?
(a) Burke's Brick & Tile Company
(b) Jeffers Construction Company
(c) Dolph Pillsbury
(d) J.H. Moore
5. What does Willie do after he loses the election?
(a) He becomes a school teacher.
(b) He takes a much-deserved extended vacation.
(c) He gets a job at the state finance department.
(d) He works his farm and studies law.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what subject did Jack pursue his Ph.D. at the university?
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. With whom has Willie been having an affair?
4. What does Willie tell Jack that he is going to build?
5. What does Willie tell Jack to do?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)