|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Willie runs for the governorship in 1930?
(a) Willie wins but does not accept the office.
(b) Willie is defeated by the MacMurfee faction.
(c) Willie is defeated by the Harrison faction.
(d) Willie wins.
2. What literary technique does the author use to take the story back in time again?
(a) Reverse plot
(b) Plot timeline
(d) Plot in reverse
3. In what year does the story begin?
4. What happens when Jack visits his father in his small apartment now?
(a) Jack takes food so his father will remember to eat.
(b) Jack takes his father to minor league baseball games.
(c) Jack rejects his religious obsessions and his father says he will pray for Jack's soul.
(d) Jack takes his father to dinner and a movie.
5. Who do Willie and Jack drive to Burden's Landing to see?
(a) Mrs. Burden
(b) Anne Stanton
(c) Judge Irwin
(d) Sadie Burke
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Willie enter politics again?
2. In what year does Willie first run for governor?
3. Who is Willie Stark's wife?
4. During dinner at the judge's home one night in 1933, what topic comes up as part of the conversation?
5. Who was like a second father to Jack after Jack's father left?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)