|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
2. What did Rick compare time lost to?
3. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
4. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
5. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
Essay Topic 1
Compare the three brothers. How do their differences affect the choices that they make in life?
Essay Topic 2
What drew Rick to spend his life writing stories about human tragedy? Did writing these types of stories resolve his inner issues? What did he learn about life from these stories?
Essay Topic 3
What did Rick truly believe about his father and the type of person he once was and the type of person he became? What changed his father? Why did Rick choose to believe this?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)