Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
2. What did Rick compare time lost to?
3. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
4. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
5. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
Essay Topic 1
The Susan Smith story made Rick feel hatred for the hopelessness of it all. What did he see as hopeless? What did Susan see in comparison? What lesson does Rick wish that he could have taught her before she killed her children?
Essay Topic 2
How did poverty shape the young lives of the three brothers? How did Margaret get caught up in the poverty cycle, and what did it cost her?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the quote found on page 98: "But what really kills you on that other side are the people--the smiling, care-free people--who can just as easily look over into your side, and turn their face away." Explain it in terms of the memoir and the truism in life.
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)