Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
2. What did Rick compare time lost to?
3. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
4. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
5. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
Essay Topic 1
How did poverty shape the young lives of the three brothers? How did Margaret get caught up in the poverty cycle, and what did it cost her?
Essay Topic 2
According to Rick, what does true poverty do to a person's life from childhood to adulthood?
Essay Topic 3
Growing up, what was Rick taught to believe about black people? What did he learn as a child for himself about them? What happened with the experience after the black boy brought Rick's family food?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)