Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Rick come to realize that Susan was guilty of killing her own children?
2. Why was Rick so nervous about his Fellowship interview?
3. What does perfume on a hog reference to in the chapter of that title?
4. What did Margaret worry about after Rick won his award?
5. What did Rick's new friends at Harvard teach him?
What drew Rick to spend his life writing stories about human tragedy? Did writing these types of stories resolve his inner issues? What did he learn about life from these stories?
Compare Rick and his brothers to an average American household. How were the boys the same as others? How were they different? Mention not only material items but how they thought about themselves and how others thought about them.
How did the Nieman Fellowship and the Harvard education validate Rick? What was he looking for validation for? Did it change him? How so?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)