|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
2. What did Rick compare time lost to?
3. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
4. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
5. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
Essay Topic 1
What did Rick truly believe about his father and the type of person he once was and the type of person he became? What changed his father? Why did Rick choose to believe this?
Essay Topic 2
The Susan Smith story made Rick feel hatred for the hopelessness of it all. What did he see as hopeless? What did Susan see in comparison? What lesson does Rick wish that he could have taught her before she killed her children?
Essay Topic 3
According to Rick, what does true poverty do to a person's life from childhood to adulthood?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)