|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rick went home in 1988, how long had it been since he spent the holidays there?
2. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
3. Why did Margaret stay home from Abigail's funeral?
4. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
5. What happened to Mark that kept Margaret shaking for days?
Essay Topic 1
How did the school system create Sam's life for him? Was this fair? What choices did Sam have? Do children know and understand their choices? Did Sam?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Rick and his brothers to an average American household. How were the boys the same as others? How were they different? Mention not only material items but how they thought about themselves and how others thought about them.
Essay Topic 3
Choose three of the following chapter titles and explain their significance to the whole book.
1. Under Vulcan's Hammer
2. The Price Tag on Heaven
3. Snow In a Can
4. The Same
5. If You Got to Kill Somebody, Better It Be Family.
6. Perfume on a Hog.
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)