|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
2. Why did Rick quit college?
3. What was momma most taken by in the new house?
4. What had Mark been doing since his fight with Sam?
5. What did momma feel about Mark's jail terms?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
According to Rick, what does true poverty do to a person's life from childhood to adulthood?
Essay Topic 2
The Susan Smith story made Rick feel hatred for the hopelessness of it all. What did he see as hopeless? What did Susan see in comparison? What lesson does Rick wish that he could have taught her before she killed her children?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Rick and his brothers to an average American household. How were the boys the same as others? How were they different? Mention not only material items but how they thought about themselves and how others thought about them.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)