|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had momma lived in the little house?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Thirty years.
(c) Forty years.
(d) Twenty years.
2. What did Rick say that men did instead of rioting?
(a) They watched dog fights.
(b) They danced.
(c) They listened to loud music.
(d) They played football.
3. What happened to Rick when he was out on the boat in the Everglades?
(a) He was tricked into taking pictures of gators.
(b) He fell into the water with the gators.
(c) He was led to believe that they were fishing for gators.
(d) He was bitten by a gator.
4. How did Rick compare himself to his father?
(a) He said that his father's faults made him a better man.
(b) He said that in many ways they were the same.
(c) He said that he is a winner and his father a loser.
(d) He said they are completely different.
5. What did the foreign correspondents eat at the Montana Hotel in Haiti?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
2. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
3. What did Rick compare time lost to?
4. How did everyone treat Margaret at the acceptance dinner for Rick's award?
5. What kind of stories did Rick write for the St. Petersburg Times while living in St. Petersburg after the Fellowship?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rick hate Haiti?
2. What were the details of the stories that Rick told about the bodegas in New York City?
3. Why did momma move out of the new house?
4. What gifts did Rick give his mother after he became a successful journalist, and what gift did he want to give his mother? How did he feel about these gifts?
5. What kind of a man did Sam become, and what did Rick think about him?
6. At the early age of twenty where was Rick writing and what was he writing about?
7. Why didn't Rick remain married to his young bride?
8. Who died at home, and when Rick went to the funeral how did he feel?
9. How did Mark's life affect momma and why?
10. What experiences did Rick have in Miami?
This section contains 1,153 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)