|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
(a) That a black man jumped in her car and drove away with them in it.
(b) That she left them in the car unattended when she came back, they were gone.
(c) That a Hispanic boy car jacked them.
(d) That she does not know what happened to them.
2. What did Rick compare time lost to?
(a) A quarter in an unlucky slot machine.
(b) A poor night's sleep.
(c) A bad piece of fruit.
(d) A lost piece of jewelry.
3. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
(a) Deer hunters who were killing each other by accident.
(b) Football players who suffered from concussions.
(c) Gang members who were shot to death.
(d) Race car drivers killed on the track.
4. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
(b) Gangs in the streets of various cities around the world.
(d) Happy stories.
5. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
(a) For Rick to call Mark every six months.
(b) For Rick to be home every year for momma's birthday.
(c) For Rick to tell him the stories of where he had been.
(d) For Rick to send money for momma.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sam end up finding his career?
2. Why was Rick so nervous about his Fellowship interview?
3. How did everyone treat Margaret at the acceptance dinner for Rick's award?
4. What did Rick keep as a reminder of the night he went out on a dangerous story with Sean?
5. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)