|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Rosario told Rick that he confronted the armed man in his store for what reason?
(a) Rosario has been robbed so many times that he just wants to shoot them.
(b) Rosario cannot trust that the robber will take the money without shooting him.
(c) Rosario worries that the robber will shoot up the store.
(d) Rosario knows the police won't help.
2. When does Rick NOT want to be buried?
(b) During football season.
(c) During the rainy season.
(d) During Nascar.
3. What kind of people did Rick write about from Immokalee, Florida?
(a) Crew bosses.
(c) Poor migrant workers who drank too much.
(d) The homeless.
4. Why did momma move out of her new house?
(a) She missed the old house too much.
(b) The dog died at the new house.
(c) She was afraid there by herself.
(d) Sam and Mark had a fight on the front lawn.
5. Why did Rick think that he had to take the city reporter's job?
(a) He had to show up the editor that insulted him.
(b) His mother needed the money.
(c) He had a wife.
(d) He had a fancy car payment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long had momma lived in the little house?
2. What did Rick state as the reason that Mark was sober for the funeral?
3. What happened to Jean-Bertrand Aristide in 1990?
4. What was momma most taken by in the new house?
5. What did Rick say about his mother's attendance at his wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when the American soldiers finally came to Haiti?
2. What kind of a man did Sam become, and what did Rick think about him?
3. How did Rick feel about the Fellowship to Harvard and why? How did his family feel?
4. Why did Rick go home in the Spring of 1994, and what did he write about the whole experience?
5. What did Rick experience when he first returned to the South as the Southern Correspondent for the New York Times?
6. How did home feel to Rick when he went back for Christmas after returning from Haiti?
7. What was the riot like that Rick experienced in Miami and how did it affect him?
8. What was momma's new house like and how did she and everyone else react to it?
9. At Thanksgiving in the new house, what did Rick and Sam learn?
10. How did Rick view winning the Pulitzer Prize?
This section contains 1,274 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)