|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Margaret worry about after Rick won his award?
(a) Having him stay away for longer periods of time.
(b) Having her picture taken.
(c) Rick getting rougher writing assignments.
(d) People noticing her more.
2. How big was the property of momma's new house?
(a) 1.3 acres.
(b) Two acres.
(c) Half an acre.
(d) One-third of an acre.
3. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
(a) Deer hunters who were killing each other by accident.
(b) Gang members who were shot to death.
(c) Race car drivers killed on the track.
(d) Football players who suffered from concussions.
4. What did Rick never do alone?
(a) Go to the movies.
(b) Go out to eat.
(c) Eat jellybeans.
5. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
(a) For Rick to call Mark every six months.
(b) For Rick to tell him the stories of where he had been.
(c) For Rick to be home every year for momma's birthday.
(d) For Rick to send money for momma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick go home for in the year that he was in Haiti?
2. What did Rick do at the old little house that momma did not?
3. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
4. What did Rick say that men did instead of rioting?
5. What did Rick keep as a reminder of the night he went out on a dangerous story with Sean?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who died at home, and when Rick went to the funeral how did he feel?
2. How did Rick fare at Harvard?
3. At the early age of twenty where was Rick writing and what was he writing about?
4. How did home feel to Rick when he went back for Christmas after returning from Haiti?
5. Why did momma move out of the new house?
6. Why did Rick hate Haiti?
7. What did Rick experience when he first returned to the South as the Southern Correspondent for the New York Times?
8. What was the Susan Smith story that Rick covered?
9. Why didn't Rick remain married to his young bride?
10. What was Margaret's experience traveling to New York City like?
This section contains 1,161 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)