|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overall statement did Rick make about Miami?
(a) "You live and die in Miami."
(b) "Miami is a crazy city."
(c) "Miami is a bad day in paradise."
(d) "From beauty to trash, Miami has it all."
2. When Rick went home in 1988, how long had it been since he spent the holidays there?
(a) Seven years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) Five years.
3. How did everyone treat Margaret at the acceptance dinner for Rick's award?
(a) They paid her homage for the son that she raised.
(b) With kid gloves.
(c) They were loud and overwhelming.
(d) Mostly, they stayed away.
4. In writing about sports, what did Rick come to realize were the only types of stories that he wanted to write?
(c) Car racing.
(d) The ones in which people struggle.
5. After Rick's second trip to Haiti, what promotion did he receive?
(a) International correspondent to Iran.
(b) National correspondent to the South.
(c) International correspondent to Turkey.
(d) National correspondent to the West.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret do at the buffet in New York City that both surprised and amused Rick?
2. What happened in 1991 that Rick got to experience that terrified him deeply?
3. What had Mark been doing since his fight with Sam?
4. How old was Rick when he married?
5. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)