|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Mark build in the woods?
(a) A shack.
(b) A church.
(c) A barn.
(d) A house.
2. What was the wall in Brooklyn that Rick wrote about?
(a) A memorial to soldiers.
(b) A division between races.
(c) A tribute to the leaders of the gangs.
(d) A tribute to those killed in the streets there.
3. What does perfume on a hog reference to in the chapter of that title?
(a) Educated and Uneducated.
(b) The North and the South.
(c) Rich and Poor.
(d) Harvard and Rick.
4. When did Rick come to realize that Susan was guilty of killing her own children?
(a) Not until the car was found.
(b) When a lead from a girl did not pan out.
(c) Margaret told him that she would have died for her children.
(d) When a TV reporter asked why someone would take the car with kids in it.
5. What did momma feel about Mark's jail terms?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of stories did Rick write for the St. Petersburg Times while living in St. Petersburg after the Fellowship?
2. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
3. Where did Rick travel to the first time he went out of the country to write a story?
4. What did the eighty-seven year old Miss McCarty do with the money she saved over her lifetime?
5. What did Sam let Rick do when they finally went fishing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was momma's new house like and how did she and everyone else react to it?
2. Why didn't Rick remain married to his young bride?
3. What comparisons did Rick make between himself and his father? How did he feel about the comparisons?
4. What was Margaret's experience traveling to New York City like?
5. What was the riot like that Rick experienced in Miami and how did it affect him?
6. How did Rick feel about the Fellowship to Harvard and why? How did his family feel?
7. What happened when the American soldiers finally came to Haiti?
8. How did home feel to Rick when he went back for Christmas after returning from Haiti?
9. What experiences did Rick have in Miami?
10. What are some of the stories that Rick experienced in Clearwater?
This section contains 1,158 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)