|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Rick direct Chapter 40 to as he talked about momma's new house?
(a) Charlie, his mother's father.
(b) His father.
2. What did Sam let Rick do when they finally went fishing?
(a) Bait the line.
(b) Reel in the fish Sam caught.
(c) Cook the fish.
(d) Tell momma Rick caught the fish.
3. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
(a) Rosa Parks.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Martin Luther King Jr.
(d) Bear Bryant.
4. How big was the property of momma's new house?
(a) 1.3 acres.
(b) Half an acre.
(c) One-third of an acre.
(d) Two acres.
5. What was the main question that people asked in Rick's hometown after the incident in 1994 that brought him back home to write a story?
(a) Where was God when it happened?
(b) What had the people done wrong to be punished?
(c) What do we do next?
(d) Why would God hurt the poor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Rick when he was out on the boat in the Everglades?
2. What did Louis Bolivar make seven days a week in Haiti?
3. What was momma most taken by in the new house?
4. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
5. What did Rick's wife tell him that scared him out of the marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the riot like that Rick experienced in Miami and how did it affect him?
2. What happened when the American soldiers finally came to Haiti?
3. How did home feel to Rick when he went back for Christmas after returning from Haiti?
4. What was Margaret's experience traveling to New York City like?
5. In winter of 1994, where was Rick and what was he writing about?
6. What did Rick experience when he first returned to the South as the Southern Correspondent for the New York Times?
7. At Thanksgiving in the new house, what did Rick and Sam learn?
8. Why didn't Rick remain married to his young bride?
9. At the early age of twenty where was Rick writing and what was he writing about?
10. Who died at home, and when Rick went to the funeral how did he feel?
This section contains 1,118 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)