|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Jean-Bertrand Aristide in 1990?
(a) He lost the election by poplular vote.
(b) He went into exile.
(c) He was assassinated.
(d) He was elected for the second time.
2. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Bear Bryant.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) Martin Luther King Jr.
3. What happened in 1991 that Rick got to experience that terrified him deeply?
(a) A train wreck with many left dead.
(b) A murder in a grocery store.
(c) A riot in Miami.
(d) A young boy getting killed in an accident.
4. Why did Rick lose his job at the Birmingham paper?
(a) He became too full of himself.
(b) He called out sick a lot.
(c) He had a fight with his boss.
(d) He chose to cover only certain stories.
5. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
(a) So full the caretakers don't know where they put people.
(b) Well kept as life is sacred.
(c) Empty because they burn the bodies.
(d) Guarded as no one is allowed in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the one big award that Rick desired?
2. What did Sam give Rick to take back to Miami with him?
3. What story did Rick write about in Clearwater that marked him forever?
4. Why was Rick not involved permanently with a woman?
5. What did Mark build in the woods?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)