|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Margaret feel about Rick living away from his family most of his life?
(a) She was sad that he did not want to come home.
(b) She understood that it is for the best.
(c) She was angry that he did not come home enough.
(d) She was glad that he got out.
2. Why did Rick come to dislike Jimmy Carter?
(a) He helps keep Aristide away from Haiti.
(b) He brokered peace with the despots of Haiti.
(c) He ignored the Amercian soldiers in Haiti.
(d) He only sent funding to Haiti.
3. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
(a) That she does not know what happened to them.
(b) That a black man jumped in her car and drove away with them in it.
(c) That she left them in the car unattended when she came back, they were gone.
(d) That a Hispanic boy car jacked them.
4. Why was Rick not involved permanently with a woman?
(a) Women found him too harsh.
(b) He traveled too much.
(c) He never learned what real love is.
(d) He did not want to be involved.
5. What happened in 1991 that Rick got to experience that terrified him deeply?
(a) A young boy getting killed in an accident.
(b) A murder in a grocery store.
(c) A train wreck with many left dead.
(d) A riot in Miami.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Rick come to realize that Susan was guilty of killing her own children?
2. Why did Rick quit college?
3. What was different about Thanksgiving in the new house?
4. Why did Margaret stay home from Abigail's funeral?
5. What did Sam wear to his grandmother's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rick never drink alone?
2. Who died at home, and when Rick went to the funeral how did he feel?
3. Who was the Serial Diner, and what did he teach Rick?
4. What were the details of the stories that Rick told about the bodegas in New York City?
5. What was the Susan Smith story that Rick covered?
6. In winter of 1994, where was Rick and what was he writing about?
7. At Thanksgiving in the new house, what did Rick and Sam learn?
8. How did Mark's life affect momma and why?
9. How did Rick feel about the Fellowship to Harvard and why? How did his family feel?
10. Why did Rick go home in the Spring of 1994, and what did he write about the whole experience?
This section contains 1,207 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)