|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Rick when he married?
(a) In his late twenties.
(b) In his early twenties.
(c) In his mid-twenties.
(d) In his early thirties.
2. What did Mark build in the woods?
(a) A barn.
(b) A shack.
(c) A house.
(d) A church.
3. How long had momma lived in the little house?
(a) Forty years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Thirty years.
4. What did Rick's new friends at Harvard teach him?
(a) You can't go through life hating people.
(b) You can't go through life hating people who had it easier than you.
(c) You can't go through life wishing things were different.
(d) You can't go through life looking back at the past.
5. What did momma feel about Mark's jail terms?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Rick went home in 1988, how long had it been since he spent the holidays there?
2. What did Rick claim as the highlight of his stay in Tampa?
3. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
4. What did Sam wear to his grandmother's funeral?
5. Why did Rick quit college?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did momma move out of the new house?
2. At the early age of twenty where was Rick writing and what was he writing about?
3. How did Rick view winning the Pulitzer Prize?
4. In winter of 1994, where was Rick and what was he writing about?
5. What are some of the stories that Rick experienced in Clearwater?
6. How did home feel to Rick when he went back for Christmas after returning from Haiti?
7. What was momma's new house like and how did she and everyone else react to it?
8. What did Rick learn in Birmingham as he worked for the paper?
9. Who was the Serial Diner, and what did he teach Rick?
10. How did Mark's life affect momma and why?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)