|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
(a) Martin Luther King Jr.
(b) Bear Bryant.
(c) Rosa Parks.
(d) George Wallace.
2. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
(a) He convinced him to tell his story.
(b) He wrote a story about his innocence.
(c) He helped him find a good lawyer.
(d) He sent counseling to his home.
3. How did Sam feel about Rick going off to his Fellowship?
4. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
(a) Happy stories.
(d) Gangs in the streets of various cities around the world.
5. What became of Sam?
(a) He got injured on a job and never worked again.
(b) He drank himself to death.
(c) He could not hold onto a job or relationship.
(d) He worked hard, married, and had children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam wear to his grandmother's funeral?
2. What does perfume on a hog reference to in the chapter of that title?
3. What happened to Jean-Bertrand Aristide in 1990?
4. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
5. What was the one big award that Rick desired?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the Susan Smith story that Rick covered?
2. What experiences did Rick have in Miami?
3. Why didn't Rick remain married to his young bride?
4. What did Rick find on his second visit to Haiti?
5. What are some of the stories that Rick experienced in Clearwater?
6. What did Rick experience when he first returned to the South as the Southern Correspondent for the New York Times?
7. Why did Rick never drink alone?
8. What kind of a man did Sam become, and what did Rick think about him?
9. What was momma's new house like and how did she and everyone else react to it?
10. How did Rick fare at Harvard?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)