|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did momma feel about Mark's jail terms?
2. When did Rick come to realize that Susan was guilty of killing her own children?
(a) When a lead from a girl did not pan out.
(b) When a TV reporter asked why someone would take the car with kids in it.
(c) Not until the car was found.
(d) Margaret told him that she would have died for her children.
3. Why did Susan Smith kill her two boys?
(a) To keep them away from their father.
(b) She did not want to take care of them anymore.
(c) She thought the world is too cruel for them.
(d) To keep a relationship with a rich man.
4. What did Rick go home for in the year that he was in Haiti?
(b) Grandma's death.
(d) The birth of Sam's son.
5. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
(a) Happy stories.
(c) Gangs in the streets of various cities around the world.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was momma most taken by in the new house?
2. Why did momma move out of her new house?
3. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
4. What did the woman tell Rick who he met at a seminar at the end of the book?
5. Why did Margaret stay home from Abigail's funeral?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Rick go home in the Spring of 1994, and what did he write about the whole experience?
2. How did Mark's life affect momma and why?
3. What were the details of the stories that Rick told about the bodegas in New York City?
4. What gifts did Rick give his mother after he became a successful journalist, and what gift did he want to give his mother? How did he feel about these gifts?
5. What did Rick experience when he first returned to the South as the Southern Correspondent for the New York Times?
6. What happened when the American soldiers finally came to Haiti?
7. What was Margaret's experience traveling to New York City like?
8. What are some of the stories that Rick experienced in Clearwater?
9. Who died at home, and when Rick went to the funeral how did he feel?
10. Why did Rick question his feelings about being a reporter after the Oklahoma City bombings?
This section contains 1,281 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)