|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Margaret's first real toy?
(a) A doll.
(b) A stuffed bear.
(c) A wooden turtle on a string.
(d) A red wagon.
2. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(b) Grandpa Charlie.
(c) Grandma Ava.
(d) Rick's dad.
3. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
(a) They had a party for the poor children.
(b) They collected toys for the poor children.
(c) They took the poor children to the soup kitchen.
(d) They brought Christmas trees to the poor children.
4. What is the story of the widow's mite?
(a) A woman who shuns the church because her husband dies.
(b) A widowed woman who takes in poor children.
(c) A woman who is infested with bugs.
(d) A poor woman who gave to the temple and God recognized the gift.
5. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
(a) Just big enough for all of them.
(b) Small, but in good shape.
(c) Big but decrepit.
(d) A mansion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
2. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
3. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
4. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
5. When did Rick first meet his father?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happened when Rick went to visit his father for the last time?
2. In winter of 1994, where was Rick and what was he writing about?
3. What male influence did Rick and his brother's have in their lives?
4. What experiences did Rick have in Miami?
5. Why does Rick state more than once that this is not an important book?
6. What happened when the American soldiers finally came to Haiti?
7. What kind of a father did Rick have?
8. How did Rick view winning the Pulitzer Prize?
9. What did Rick experience at the Protestant Church that he attended when he is young?
10. What did Rick find on his second visit to Haiti?
This section contains 1,066 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)