|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
(a) They are lies to hide truths.
(b) They are lies created to entertain.
(c) They are only his perceptions.
(d) They are there to protect people.
2. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
3. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Grandpa Charlie.
(b) Grandma Ava.
(c) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(d) Rick's dad.
4. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
(a) Quick to anger.
(b) Lack of fear.
(d) Running from his problems.
5. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They ran and hid.
(c) They ran to the neighbors.
(d) They called their grandfather.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
2. What is the story of the widow's mite?
3. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
4. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
5. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the area like and what were the people like where Rick and his parents grew up?
2. What kind of an extended family does Rick have?
3. Why didn't Margaret find another man to continue her life with as time passed and Charles did not return?
4. What did Rick experience at the Protestant Church that he attended when he is young?
5. What does Rick choose to believe about his father's neglect and abuse of his family?
6. How did false pride become an obstacle for Rick as a teenager?
7. What male influence did Rick and his brother's have in their lives?
8. What kind of a woman was Rick's grandmother?
9. Why was Rick one of the usual suspects after a crime was committed, and how did he react to the whole situation?
10. What kind of a father did Rick have?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)