|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rick have the 1969 convertible?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) All of high school.
(c) Six months.
(d) His whole life.
2. Who went to Charles's funeral?
(a) Only momma.
(b) Only the three boys.
(c) Momma and the three boys.
(d) Only Rick.
3. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
(a) Big but decrepit.
(b) Small, but in good shape.
(c) Just big enough for all of them.
(d) A mansion.
4. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) What falls to the floor.
(b) The scraps from their plates.
(c) What is given to her by others.
(d) Only bread.
5. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
2. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
3. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
4. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
5. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were the times like when Rick grew up? Where was he born? When?
2. What did the poor black boy bring to Rick's family, and what does Rick think about it now that he is an older man?
3. How poor was Margaret while raising her small children?
4. What did Rick experience at the Protestant Church that he attended when he is young?
5. Why does Rick say that anyone could write this book? Is that true?
6. What were some of the stories that Rick would tell in the book that he had covered as a reporter?
7. What does Rick choose to believe about his father's neglect and abuse of his family?
8. What did the Bragg men talk about on the front porch over whiskey after dinner?
9. What was Margaret's family like growing up?
10. What happened when Rick went to visit his father for the last time?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)