|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
2. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That it is not important.
(b) That he wrote it for himself.
(c) That it is a story meant only for his family.
(d) That everyone should read it.
3. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) In a full suit.
(b) In a clean shirt.
(c) In overalls.
(d) With a shirt and tie.
4. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
(a) It hurled itself into a pool.
(b) It threw its baby from the nest.
(c) It flew into a glass door.
(d) It attacked its own reflection.
5. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
2. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
3. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
4. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
5. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why didn't Margaret find another man to continue her life with as time passed and Charles did not return?
2. What was the relationship like between the brothers?
3. What did the Bragg men talk about on the front porch over whiskey after dinner?
4. How poor was Margaret while raising her small children?
5. Why was Rick one of the usual suspects after a crime was committed, and how did he react to the whole situation?
6. What happened when Rick went to visit his father for the last time?
7. What kind of a woman was Rick's grandmother?
8. What was Margaret's family like growing up?
9. Why does Rick miss his grandmother's death?
10. What was the main reason for Rick writing this memoir?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)