|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Rick's first course in college?
(a) Creative Writing.
2. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
(b) Bumdrum's homemade likker.
(c) Bumdrum's live chickens.
3. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(b) Fighting and drinking.
(c) Beating your childen and missing church.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
4. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would have his sons pull his leg.
(b) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(c) He would go to the doctor.
(d) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
5. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
(a) The 60s and 70s.
(b) The 20s and 30s.
(c) The 50s and 60s.
(d) The 40s and 50s.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
2. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
3. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
4. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
5. What made Rick finally write the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How poor was Margaret while raising her small children?
2. What was Margaret's family like growing up?
3. How did Rick feel about his high school years as he looked back on them?
4. What male influence did Rick and his brother's have in their lives?
5. What did Rick experience at the Protestant Church that he attended when he is young?
6. Why does Rick state more than once that this is not an important book?
7. What was the area like and what were the people like where Rick and his parents grew up?
8. What story did Rick tell about his cowboy boots?
9. What kind of an extended family does Rick have?
10. What does Rick choose to believe about his father's neglect and abuse of his family?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)