|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Grandpa Charlie.
(b) Rick's dad.
(c) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(d) Grandma Ava.
2. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
3. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) George Wallace.
(c) Richard Nixon.
(d) Albert Brewer.
4. What sickness killed Rick's father?
5. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
(b) Hard drinker and fighter.
(c) Hard worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who went to Charles's funeral?
2. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
3. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
4. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
Short Essay Questions
1. What male influence did Rick and his brother's have in their lives?
2. What did Rick experience at the Protestant Church that he attended when he is young?
3. How did Rick react to his father's death?
4. Why does Rick miss his grandmother's death?
5. What was the area like and what were the people like where Rick and his parents grew up?
6. What kind of an extended family does Rick have?
7. Why didn't Margaret find another man to continue her life with as time passed and Charles did not return?
8. What does Rick choose to believe about his father's neglect and abuse of his family?
9. What was the Korean War story that Charles told to Rick?
10. How did Rick feel about his high school years as he looked back on them?
This section contains 932 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)