|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What war was Rick's father in?
(a) Dessert Strom.
(d) World War II.
2. What sickness killed Rick's father?
3. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
4. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
(a) Reading The Bible.
(c) TV preachers.
(d) A pastor comes to visit her every Sunday.
5. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
(b) Hard drinker and fighter.
(c) Hard worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
2. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
3. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
4. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
5. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was the area like and what were the people like where Rick and his parents grew up?
2. Why does Rick miss his grandmother's death?
3. What does Rick choose to believe about his father's neglect and abuse of his family?
4. How did Rick react to his father's death?
5. How did Rick feel about his high school years as he looked back on them?
6. What were some of the stories that Rick would tell in the book that he had covered as a reporter?
7. Why didn't Margaret find another man to continue her life with as time passed and Charles did not return?
8. What was Margaret's family like growing up?
9. What did the poor black boy bring to Rick's family, and what does Rick think about it now that he is an older man?
10. What happened when Rick went to visit his father for the last time?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)