|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) Albert Brewer.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
2. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That it is not important.
(b) That everyone should read it.
(c) That he wrote it for himself.
(d) That it is a story meant only for his family.
3. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
(a) When father throws the food in anger.
(b) When the mothers allow the children to eat in front of the TV.
(c) A church picnic.
(d) A family outing.
4. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
(a) A child singing a hymn.
(b) A soul being saved.
(c) A healing.
(d) A baptism.
5. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(b) Making cookies.
(c) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
(d) Dancing in the kitchen.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
2. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
3. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
4. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
5. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who died at home, and when Rick went to the funeral how did he feel?
2. What experiences did Rick have in Miami?
3. How did home feel to Rick when he went back for Christmas after returning from Haiti?
4. What gifts did Rick give his mother after he became a successful journalist, and what gift did he want to give his mother? How did he feel about these gifts?
5. What story did Rick tell about his cowboy boots?
6. What male influence did Rick and his brother's have in their lives?
7. How did Rick feel about his high school years as he looked back on them?
8. What was momma's new house like and how did she and everyone else react to it?
9. What did Rick experience at the Protestant Church that he attended when he is young?
10. What was the Susan Smith story that Rick covered?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)