|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
(a) When one of them gets hurt.
(b) When momma yells.
(c) When momma hits them with a hickory branch.
(d) When momma cries.
2. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Oklahoma City.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Port au Prince.
3. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
(a) Reading The Bible.
(b) TV preachers.
(c) A pastor comes to visit her every Sunday.
4. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
(b) Local news.
(c) Sports news.
(d) Entertainment news.
5. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
2. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
3. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
4. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
5. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
Short Essay Questions
1. What kind of a father did Rick have?
2. What male influence did Rick and his brother's have in their lives?
3. What did Rick come to realize at the Fraternity Christmas Party, and how did he feel about it?
4. What kind of work did the boys do for their Uncle Ed? What did Rick learn from this work? What did Sam learn from this work?
5. What did Rick experience at the Protestant Church that he attended when he is young?
6. What was Margaret's family like growing up?
7. How did false pride become an obstacle for Rick as a teenager?
8. Why did the boys feel so out of place in their new home that their father moved them to when Rick was six?
9. When did Rick choose to write this memoir and why?
10. Why was Rick one of the usual suspects after a crime was committed, and how did he react to the whole situation?
This section contains 1,041 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)