|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
(a) The monied South.
(b) Bible country.
(c) The land of poor churches.
(d) The poor Old South.
2. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
(a) The hospital did not have papers on the dead baby.
(b) The baby never existed.
(c) The baby was never christened.
(d) No records were kept of dead babies.
3. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
(a) The religion.
(b) The scenery.
(c) The music.
(d) The clothing.
4. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
(a) She wanted to protect him from the police.
(b) She thought John Sparks used them.
(c) She did not want to clean them.
(d) She believed he may be involved in the Sparks case.
5. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
(a) A healing.
(b) A baptism.
(c) A soul being saved.
(d) A child singing a hymn.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
2. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
3. How long did Rick have the 1969 convertible?
4. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
5. How old was Charles when he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rick choose to believe about his father's neglect and abuse of his family?
2. How did Rick view winning the Pulitzer Prize?
3. How did Rick feel about the Fellowship to Harvard and why? How did his family feel?
4. What kind of an extended family does Rick have?
5. Why did momma move out of the new house?
6. When did Rick choose to write this memoir and why?
7. What male influence did Rick and his brother's have in their lives?
8. How did Mark's life affect momma and why?
9. What were the times like when Rick grew up? Where was he born? When?
10. What did Rick experience at the Protestant Church that he attended when he is young?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)