Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
(a) He was having a seizure.
(b) He was taking a walk.
(c) He was reading another book.
(d) He was daydreaming.
2. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Perry Como.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Hank Williams.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
3. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Oklahoma City.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Port au Prince.
4. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(a) A nice house.
(b) A new dress.
(c) New shoes.
5. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
6. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(b) "Tell the truth in it, son."
(c) "Whatever you think best, son."
(d) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
7. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They married better.
(b) They had fewer children to care for.
(c) They moved to better parts of the country.
(d) They became educated.
8. What is the story of the widow's mite?
(a) A widowed woman who takes in poor children.
(b) A woman who is infested with bugs.
(c) A woman who shuns the church because her husband dies.
(d) A poor woman who gave to the temple and God recognized the gift.
9. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(b) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "Forgive me Momma."
10. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Hit her.
(c) Find more likker.
11. How old was Charles when he died?
12. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
(a) Car magazines.
(b) Classical literature.
(c) Dirty books.
13. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
(a) Heal his soul.
(b) Make the dead dance with the living.
(c) To bring his family closer together.
(d) Get at great truths.
14. How long did Rick have the 1969 convertible?
(a) Six months.
(b) His whole life.
(c) All of high school.
(d) Two weeks.
15. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
(a) Moving dirt and clearing land.
(b) Working in Uncle Ed's store.
(c) Hauling trash.
(d) Cleaning stalls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Margaret's first real toy?
2. Who went to Charles's funeral?
3. What sickness killed Rick's father?
4. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
5. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
This section contains 494 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)