|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was ten.
(b) When he was five.
(c) When he was fifteen.
(d) When he was two.
2. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Hit her.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Find more likker.
3. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
(a) A family outing.
(b) When the mothers allow the children to eat in front of the TV.
(c) When father throws the food in anger.
(d) A church picnic.
4. How did Rick view his time in high school?
(a) He worked hard at it.
(b) He learned a lot from it.
(c) He wasted it.
(d) He worked too hard at his job to take time for it.
5. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
6. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was always raining.
(b) It was boiling hot.
(c) It was terribly windy.
(d) It was freezing cold.
7. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
(a) He strangled him.
(b) He shot him.
(c) He stabbed him.
(d) He drowned him.
8. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
(a) Make the dead dance with the living.
(b) To bring his family closer together.
(c) Get at great truths.
(d) Heal his soul.
9. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
(a) Because he never wanted to be anything else.
(b) Because they never taught him that he had other opportunities.
(c) Because he was not smart enough to do anything else.
(d) Because he never learned to read.
10. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Port au Prince.
(c) Oklahoma City.
11. How old was Charles when he died?
12. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
(a) Running from his problems.
(b) Quick to anger.
(c) Lack of fear.
13. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
14. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
(a) Because the police did not like their father.
(b) Because they were always getting in trouble.
(c) Because they often stuck up for black people.
(d) Because they were poor and lived close by.
15. What was Rick's first course in college?
(c) Creative Writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
2. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
3. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
4. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
5. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)