|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(b) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "Forgive me Momma."
2. What was Margaret's first real toy?
(a) A red wagon.
(b) A doll.
(c) A stuffed bear.
(d) A wooden turtle on a string.
3. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
(a) False pride.
4. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Hank Williams.
(b) Perry Como.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Johnny Cash.
5. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) A red wagon.
(c) His own bed.
(d) Cowboy boots.
6. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
7. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They invited them over for dinner.
(b) They brought them bread to eat.
(c) They invited them to their church.
(d) They brought them corn to eat.
8. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) George Wallace.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) John F. Kennedy.
(d) Albert Brewer.
9. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A soul being saved.
(c) A child singing a hymn.
(d) A healing.
10. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
(b) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(c) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(d) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
11. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
(a) He punched his brother and broke his hand.
(b) He fell into the hole in the outhouse and broke his arm.
(c) He sucked a plastic berry up his nose.
(d) He fell out of a tree and broke his leg.
12. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
(b) Another day with his grandmother.
(d) A way to spend more time with his mother.
13. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He had no problem with the notion.
(b) He thought it was a party.
(c) He did not think about it one way or another.
(d) He was afraid to go.
14. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) With a shirt and tie.
(b) In overalls.
(c) In a clean shirt.
(d) In a full suit.
15. What was Rick's first course in college?
(b) Creative Writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
2. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
3. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
4. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
5. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)