|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Perry Como.
(d) Hank Williams.
2. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(a) Family man.
(b) Hard drinker and fighter.
(d) Hard worker.
3. What did Rick compare time lost to?
(a) A quarter in an unlucky slot machine.
(b) A bad piece of fruit.
(c) A lost piece of jewelry.
(d) A poor night's sleep.
4. What happened to Mark that kept Margaret shaking for days?
(a) He went on a drinking binge and disappears.
(b) He was arrested for beating someone in a bar.
(c) He went into a rage and burns his house down.
(d) His house burned down, and she didn't know if he was in it.
5. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
(a) She should never go back.
(b) She must be obedient to her husband.
(c) If she went back, Charlie would kill him.
(d) She could go back, but not with her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rick quit college?
2. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
3. What did Rick claim as the highlight of his stay in Tampa?
4. What did the woman tell Rick who he met at a seminar at the end of the book?
5. What did Rick say about his mother's attendance at his wedding?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)