|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
(a) Guarded as no one is allowed in.
(b) Well kept as life is sacred.
(c) So full the caretakers don't know where they put people.
(d) Empty because they burn the bodies.
2. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was fifteen.
(b) When he was two.
(c) When he was ten.
(d) When he was five.
3. What did the eighty-seven year old Miss McCarty do with the money she saved over her lifetime?
(a) Gave it to the local university for scholarships for the poor.
(b) Gave it to the Red Cross to help the poor.
(c) Gave it to the church to feed the poor.
(d) Gave it to the local police to protect the poor.
4. Why did Rick think that he had to take the city reporter's job?
(a) He had a wife.
(b) His mother needed the money.
(c) He had a fancy car payment.
(d) He had to show up the editor that insulted him.
5. How did Rick compare himself to his father?
(a) He said that in many ways they were the same.
(b) He said that he is a winner and his father a loser.
(c) He said they are completely different.
(d) He said that his father's faults made him a better man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
2. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
3. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
4. Rosario told Rick that he confronted the armed man in his store for what reason?
5. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)