|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick come to dislike Jimmy Carter?
(a) He only sent funding to Haiti.
(b) He ignored the Amercian soldiers in Haiti.
(c) He helps keep Aristide away from Haiti.
(d) He brokered peace with the despots of Haiti.
2. To what does the title "Monsters" refer?
(a) The Oklahoma city bombers.
(b) Burning houses.
(d) Insensitive journalists.
3. What did Rick do at the old little house that momma did not?
(a) He rejoiced that they are gone from it forever.
(b) He spit on the ground.
(c) He walked it one more time.
(d) He cried when she leaves it.
4. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
(a) Not much just that they are like everyone else.
(b) A lie: that they are rich.
(d) The truth: that they are poor.
5. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(b) To get what you want out of life.
(c) To fight dirty.
(d) To work hard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rick quit college?
2. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
3. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
4. What is the last line of the Prologue?
5. What did Margaret worry about after Rick won his award?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)