|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does the title "Monsters" refer?
(a) Burning houses.
(c) Insensitive journalists.
(d) The Oklahoma city bombers.
2. What kind of people did Rick write about from Immokalee, Florida?
(a) Poor migrant workers who drank too much.
(b) Crew bosses.
(d) The homeless.
3. What did Rick compare time lost to?
(a) A poor night's sleep.
(b) A lost piece of jewelry.
(c) A bad piece of fruit.
(d) A quarter in an unlucky slot machine.
4. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) He finds it appropriate.
(b) It makes him proud.
(c) He thinks it is wrongly named.
(d) It is too fancy a name for him.
5. What did Rick state as the reason that Mark was sober for the funeral?
(a) Mark did it out of respect for his grandmother.
(b) Mark didn't want his family to see him drunk.
(c) Mark grieved like good men do.
(d) Mark was trying to get sober for his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How big was the property of momma's new house?
2. After Rick's second trip to Haiti, what promotion did he receive?
3. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
4. Why do the soldiers of Haiti randomly shoot the poor?
5. Why did Rick quit college?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)