|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) It allowed him to escape his small town.
(b) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
(c) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
(d) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
2. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A child singing a hymn.
(c) A soul being saved.
(d) A healing.
3. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
(a) For Rick to be home every year for momma's birthday.
(b) For Rick to call Mark every six months.
(c) For Rick to send money for momma.
(d) For Rick to tell him the stories of where he had been.
4. When did Rick come to realize that Susan was guilty of killing her own children?
(a) Margaret told him that she would have died for her children.
(b) When a lead from a girl did not pan out.
(c) When a TV reporter asked why someone would take the car with kids in it.
(d) Not until the car was found.
5. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
(a) He fell out of a tree and broke his leg.
(b) He punched his brother and broke his hand.
(c) He sucked a plastic berry up his nose.
(d) He fell into the hole in the outhouse and broke his arm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rick quit college?
2. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
3. How did Rick try to buy his way into heaven?
4. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)