|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick quit college?
(a) He did not like it.
(b) He did not feel like he is learning enough.
(c) He got a job as a reporter.
(d) He can't handle the work load.
2. What became of Sam?
(a) He could not hold onto a job or relationship.
(b) He drank himself to death.
(c) He got injured on a job and never worked again.
(d) He worked hard, married, and had children.
3. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(b) Hard worker.
(c) Hard drinker and fighter.
(d) Family man.
4. What did Rick say that men did instead of rioting?
(a) They played football.
(b) They listened to loud music.
(c) They danced.
(d) They watched dog fights.
5. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
(c) Another day with his grandmother.
(d) A way to spend more time with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
2. What did Louis Bolivar make seven days a week in Haiti?
3. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
4. What storm stopped Rick from leaving for his Fellowship on the day he was supposed to?
5. What war was Rick's father in?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)