|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the soldiers of Haiti randomly shoot the poor?
(a) To teach others a lesson.
(b) Because the poor are beggars and thieves.
(c) To sell their bodies back to their families.
(d) Because the poor cause riots.
2. What was Rick's first course in college?
(b) Creative Writing.
3. How did everyone treat Margaret at the acceptance dinner for Rick's award?
(a) They were loud and overwhelming.
(b) Mostly, they stayed away.
(c) With kid gloves.
(d) They paid her homage for the son that she raised.
4. Why was Rick not involved permanently with a woman?
(a) He never learned what real love is.
(b) He did not want to be involved.
(c) He traveled too much.
(d) Women found him too harsh.
5. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
(a) They took the poor children to the soup kitchen.
(b) They brought Christmas trees to the poor children.
(c) They collected toys for the poor children.
(d) They had a party for the poor children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick's wife tell him that scared him out of the marriage?
2. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
3. What is the story of the widow's mite?
4. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
5. What did Louis Bolivar make seven days a week in Haiti?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)