|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rick compare himself to his father?
(a) He said they are completely different.
(b) He said that his father's faults made him a better man.
(c) He said that in many ways they were the same.
(d) He said that he is a winner and his father a loser.
2. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
(a) She did not want to clean them.
(b) She wanted to protect him from the police.
(c) She believed he may be involved in the Sparks case.
(d) She thought John Sparks used them.
3. What crime did John Sparks commit?
4. What kind of a leader was Papa Doc to Haiti?
(c) A savior.
5. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was freezing cold.
(b) It was boiling hot.
(c) It was terribly windy.
(d) It was always raining.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Rick when he was out on the boat in the Everglades?
2. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
3. How long did Rick have the 1969 convertible?
4. Why didn't Rick take the job he wanted at the St. Petersburg Times?
5. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)