|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What became of Sam?
(a) He worked hard, married, and had children.
(b) He drank himself to death.
(c) He got injured on a job and never worked again.
(d) He could not hold onto a job or relationship.
2. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
(a) Hauling trash.
(b) Working in Uncle Ed's store.
(c) Moving dirt and clearing land.
(d) Cleaning stalls.
3. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(b) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(c) That no one should be laughed at.
(d) That everyone needs love.
4. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
(a) She could go back, but not with her son.
(b) She must be obedient to her husband.
(c) If she went back, Charlie would kill him.
(d) She should never go back.
5. What was Margaret's response when Rick told her that he got the Fellowship?
(a) "Lord God, you'll freeze to death."
(b) "Does that mean you won't be visting me."
(c) "I knew you would honey."
(d) "Be sure to bring clean clothes."
Short Answer Questions
1. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
2. What did Kovach tell Rick to answer the next time someone asks him where he learned how to write?
3. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
4. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
5. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)