|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Perry Como.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Hank Williams.
2. What did Sam give Rick to take back to Miami with him?
(a) A sack of pine cones.
(b) A gun.
(c) A hard hat.
(d) Deer meat.
3. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
(a) Because he was not smart enough to do anything else.
(b) Because he never learned to read.
(c) Because he never wanted to be anything else.
(d) Because they never taught him that he had other opportunities.
4. What storm stopped Rick from leaving for his Fellowship on the day he was supposed to?
(a) Hurricane Francis.
(b) Hurricane Andrew.
(c) Hurricane Charlie.
(d) Hurricane Katrina.
5. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) He thinks it is wrongly named.
(b) He finds it appropriate.
(c) It makes him proud.
(d) It is too fancy a name for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does perfume on a hog reference to in the chapter of that title?
2. Why was Rick so nervous about his Fellowship interview?
3. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
4. How did Rick try to buy his way into heaven?
5. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)