|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story brought Rick back home in 1994?
(a) A woman who killed her children.
(b) A gunman who opened fire at a church.
(c) A hurricane that tore down a school.
(d) A church that was hit by a tornado.
2. What did Rick say that men did instead of rioting?
(a) They watched dog fights.
(b) They played football.
(c) They listened to loud music.
(d) They danced.
3. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They brought them bread to eat.
(b) They brought them corn to eat.
(c) They invited them to their church.
(d) They invited them over for dinner.
4. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(b) That no one should be laughed at.
(c) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(d) That everyone needs love.
5. When does Rick NOT want to be buried?
(a) During Nascar.
(c) During football season.
(d) During the rainy season.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the main question that people asked in Rick's hometown after the incident in 1994 that brought him back home to write a story?
2. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
3. After Rick's second trip to Haiti, what promotion did he receive?
4. What crime did John Sparks commit?
5. What did Rick go home for in the year that he was in Haiti?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)