|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the eighty-seven year old Miss McCarty do with the money she saved over her lifetime?
(a) Gave it to the local university for scholarships for the poor.
(b) Gave it to the local police to protect the poor.
(c) Gave it to the Red Cross to help the poor.
(d) Gave it to the church to feed the poor.
2. What did Mark build in the woods?
(a) A church.
(b) A barn.
(c) A house.
(d) A shack.
3. Why did the serial diner keep committing the same crime?
(a) He wanted to be in jail where he got three meals a day.
(b) He did not want to be alone.
(c) He believed it makes him famous.
(d) He liked the attention.
4. What did Rick go home for in the year that he was in Haiti?
(c) Grandma's death.
(d) The birth of Sam's son.
5. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
(a) Because they often stuck up for black people.
(b) Because they were poor and lived close by.
(c) Because the police did not like their father.
(d) Because they were always getting in trouble.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
2. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
3. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
4. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
5. What did Rick state as the reason that Mark was sober for the funeral?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)