|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the NY Times staff helped Rick the most when he first got there?
(a) The photo staff.
(b) The news staff.
(c) The editors.
(d) The fluff piece staff.
2. Why did Susan Smith kill her two boys?
(a) She did not want to take care of them anymore.
(b) To keep a relationship with a rich man.
(c) She thought the world is too cruel for them.
(d) To keep them away from their father.
3. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He had no problem with the notion.
(b) He did not think about it one way or another.
(c) He thought it was a party.
(d) He was afraid to go.
4. What did Rick compare time lost to?
(a) A poor night's sleep.
(b) A bad piece of fruit.
(c) A lost piece of jewelry.
(d) A quarter in an unlucky slot machine.
5. What did Rick keep as a reminder of the night he went out on a dangerous story with Sean?
(a) A rock.
(b) A copy of the story.
(c) A shirt.
(d) A steering wheel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Rick finally write the book?
2. What did Sam give Rick to take back to Miami with him?
3. In writing about sports, what did Rick come to realize were the only types of stories that he wanted to write?
4. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
5. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)