|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick say about his mother's attendance at his wedding?
(a) He wished she had been there.
(b) He wished she had worn nicer clothing.
(c) He had never seen her so dressed up before.
(d) He thought she was too frightened.
2. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Boston Herald.
(c) The Jacksonvill News.
(d) The Chicago Tribune.
3. Who picked out momma's new house?
(a) Momma, Uncle Ed and Aunt Nita did.
(b) Rick and momma did.
(c) Rick, Sam and momma did.
(d) She did.
4. What did Sam give Rick to take back to Miami with him?
(a) A gun.
(b) A hard hat.
(c) A sack of pine cones.
(d) Deer meat.
5. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
(a) He wrote a story about his innocence.
(b) He convinced him to tell his story.
(c) He helped him find a good lawyer.
(d) He sent counseling to his home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
2. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
3. How did Margaret feel about Rick living away from his family most of his life?
4. What war was Rick's father in?
5. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)