|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick's new friends at Harvard teach him?
(a) You can't go through life hating people.
(b) You can't go through life hating people who had it easier than you.
(c) You can't go through life wishing things were different.
(d) You can't go through life looking back at the past.
2. How old was Rick when he married?
(a) In his early thirties.
(b) In his early twenties.
(c) In his mid-twenties.
(d) In his late twenties.
3. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Find more likker.
(c) Stop drinking.
4. What did the young South Carolina woman say happened to her two boys?
(a) That she does not know what happened to them.
(b) That a Hispanic boy car jacked them.
(c) That she left them in the car unattended when she came back, they were gone.
(d) That a black man jumped in her car and drove away with them in it.
5. Why did Rick lose his job at the Birmingham paper?
(a) He called out sick a lot.
(b) He chose to cover only certain stories.
(c) He had a fight with his boss.
(d) He became too full of himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Mark build in the woods?
2. What was the main question that people asked in Rick's hometown after the incident in 1994 that brought him back home to write a story?
3. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
4. What had Mark been doing since his fight with Sam?
5. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)