|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part III, Getting Even With Life, Chapters 34-42.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
(b) Car magazines.
(c) Dirty books.
(d) Classical literature.
2. When does Rick NOT want to be buried?
(a) During the rainy season.
(b) During football season.
(d) During Nascar.
3. What was Rick's first course in college?
(b) Creative Writing.
4. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
(a) Hauling trash.
(b) Moving dirt and clearing land.
(c) Working in Uncle Ed's store.
(d) Cleaning stalls.
5. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
2. What did the woman tell Rick who he met at a seminar at the end of the book?
3. In writing about sports, what did Rick come to realize were the only types of stories that he wanted to write?
4. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
5. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)