|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
(b) The truth: that they are poor.
(c) Not much just that they are like everyone else.
(d) A lie: that they are rich.
2. What did momma feel about Mark's jail terms?
3. What is the story of the widow's mite?
(a) A woman who shuns the church because her husband dies.
(b) A poor woman who gave to the temple and God recognized the gift.
(c) A woman who is infested with bugs.
(d) A widowed woman who takes in poor children.
4. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) Only bread.
(b) What is given to her by others.
(c) What falls to the floor.
(d) The scraps from their plates.
5. When Rick went home in 1988, how long had it been since he spent the holidays there?
(a) Three years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Ten years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war was Rick's father in?
2. What was the one gift that Rick wanted more than anything to give his mother?
3. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
4. What did Louis Bolivar make seven days a week in Haiti?
5. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)