|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
(a) Because they often stuck up for black people.
(b) Because the police did not like their father.
(c) Because they were poor and lived close by.
(d) Because they were always getting in trouble.
2. Why was Rick so nervous about his Fellowship interview?
(a) He wanted it more than anything he had ever wanted.
(b) His friends told him he was not cut out for it.
(c) His editor told him he was a shoe in.
(d) It was a test to him to see if he belonged in educated society.
3. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
(a) He shot him.
(b) He stabbed him.
(c) He drowned him.
(d) He strangled him.
4. Why did Rick come to dislike Jimmy Carter?
(a) He only sent funding to Haiti.
(b) He helps keep Aristide away from Haiti.
(c) He ignored the Amercian soldiers in Haiti.
(d) He brokered peace with the despots of Haiti.
5. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
(a) He is apathetic about it.
(b) He never found the joy of it as he had seen others have.
(c) He is fervent about it.
(d) He believes it is detrimental.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Rick think that he had to take the city reporter's job?
2. What did Rick never do alone?
3. What did Rick tell him momma that he wrote about?
4. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
5. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)