|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
(a) It hurled itself into a pool.
(b) It attacked its own reflection.
(c) It flew into a glass door.
(d) It threw its baby from the nest.
2. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
(a) TV preachers.
(b) A pastor comes to visit her every Sunday.
(c) Reading The Bible.
3. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
(b) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(c) He would make him close the door to darkness.
(d) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
4. What did Rick go home for in the year that he was in Haiti?
(b) Grandma's death.
(c) The birth of Sam's son.
5. Who went to Charles's funeral?
(a) Only the three boys.
(b) Momma and the three boys.
(c) Only Rick.
(d) Only momma.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
2. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
3. What did Louis Bolivar make seven days a week in Haiti?
4. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
5. What happened to Jean-Bertrand Aristide in 1990?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)