|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She told the police he made likker.
(b) She lied about his stealing.
(c) She came at him with a knife.
(d) She hit one of his children.
2. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
(a) For Rick to tell him the stories of where he had been.
(b) For Rick to call Mark every six months.
(c) For Rick to be home every year for momma's birthday.
(d) For Rick to send money for momma.
3. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They invited them over for dinner.
(b) They brought them corn to eat.
(c) They brought them bread to eat.
(d) They invited them to their church.
4. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
(a) The 20s and 30s.
(b) The 40s and 50s.
(c) The 50s and 60s.
(d) The 60s and 70s.
5. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
(a) They took the poor children to the soup kitchen.
(b) They had a party for the poor children.
(c) They collected toys for the poor children.
(d) They brought Christmas trees to the poor children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
2. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
3. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
4. What did Rick never do alone?
5. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)