|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who went to Charles's funeral?
(a) Only momma.
(b) Only the three boys.
(c) Only Rick.
(d) Momma and the three boys.
2. How did Rick try to buy his way into heaven?
(a) By buying his ex-wife a baby carriage.
(b) By buying his girlfriend a car.
(c) By buying his momma a pair of dentures.
(d) By buying his brother a business.
3. What did Rick do for Dirty Red?
(a) He convinced him to tell his story.
(b) He helped him find a good lawyer.
(c) He wrote a story about his innocence.
(d) He sent counseling to his home.
4. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
(a) Guarded as no one is allowed in.
(b) Well kept as life is sacred.
(c) Empty because they burn the bodies.
(d) So full the caretakers don't know where they put people.
5. What did Rick say about his mother's attendance at his wedding?
(a) He wished she had been there.
(b) He thought she was too frightened.
(c) He had never seen her so dressed up before.
(d) He wished she had worn nicer clothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war was Rick's father in?
2. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
3. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
4. Why didn't Rick take the job he wanted at the St. Petersburg Times?
5. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)