|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To make his brothers feel better.
(b) To forgive his father.
(c) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(d) To make himself feel better.
2. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
3. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
(a) The 60s and 70s.
(b) The 50s and 60s.
(c) The 40s and 50s.
(d) The 20s and 30s.
4. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
(a) The New York Times.
(b) The Chicago Tribune.
(c) The Boston Herald.
(d) The Jacksonvill News.
5. What else does "bodega" mean besides "store"?
(a) Freedom, respect, and dignity.
(b) Hard work.
(c) Financial freedom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
2. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
3. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
4. How did Rick view his time in high school?
5. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)