|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick say about his mother's attendance at his wedding?
(a) He wished she had worn nicer clothing.
(b) He thought she was too frightened.
(c) He wished she had been there.
(d) He had never seen her so dressed up before.
2. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) It allowed him to escape his small town.
(b) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
(c) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
(d) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
3. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
(a) The monied South.
(b) Bible country.
(c) The land of poor churches.
(d) The poor Old South.
4. What story brought Rick back home in 1994?
(a) A church that was hit by a tornado.
(b) A hurricane that tore down a school.
(c) A woman who killed her children.
(d) A gunman who opened fire at a church.
5. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
(b) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
(c) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
(d) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
2. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
3. What are the cemeteries like in Haiti?
4. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
5. What was the wall in Brooklyn that Rick wrote about?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)