|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She hit one of his children.
(b) She came at him with a knife.
(c) She told the police he made likker.
(d) She lied about his stealing.
2. What was Rick's first course in college?
(a) Creative Writing.
3. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
(a) That he will end up just like his father.
(b) That he will find a good job someday.
(c) That he will be stuck working hard for no money.
(d) That he will leave home and never return.
4. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Find more likker.
(d) Stop drinking.
5. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
(a) The baby was never christened.
(b) The baby never existed.
(c) The hospital did not have papers on the dead baby.
(d) No records were kept of dead babies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became of Sam?
2. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
3. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
4. How did Rick try to buy his way into heaven?
5. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)