|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the one gift that Rick wanted more than anything to give his mother?
(a) A vacation.
(b) A house.
(c) A car.
(d) A new wardrobe.
2. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She told the police he made likker.
(b) She lied about his stealing.
(c) She came at him with a knife.
(d) She hit one of his children.
3. Why did Rick come to dislike Jimmy Carter?
(a) He helps keep Aristide away from Haiti.
(b) He only sent funding to Haiti.
(c) He ignored the Amercian soldiers in Haiti.
(d) He brokered peace with the despots of Haiti.
4. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They ran and hid.
(c) They ran to the neighbors.
(d) They called their grandfather.
5. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sam end up finding his career?
2. What did Kovach tell Rick to answer the next time someone asks him where he learned how to write?
3. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
4. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
5. What did Rick's wife tell him that scared him out of the marriage?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)