|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 25-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What story did Rick write about in Clearwater that marked him forever?
(a) About a man who married his daughter.
(b) About Siamese twins.
(c) About poachers.
(d) About a woman who dies twenty years after her attack.
2. Why did Rick lose his job at the Birmingham paper?
(a) He had a fight with his boss.
(b) He became too full of himself.
(c) He called out sick a lot.
(d) He chose to cover only certain stories.
3. Why didn't Rick take the job he wanted at the St. Petersburg Times?
(a) His new girlfriend asked him not to.
(b) An old friend wanted him to return to the Anniston Star.
(c) His brother was in trouble again, so he had to go home.
(d) His momma got sick, so he had to go home.
4. What did Sam give Rick to take back to Miami with him?
(a) Deer meat.
(b) A hard hat.
(c) A gun.
(d) A sack of pine cones.
5. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
(b) Hard drinker and fighter.
(d) Hard worker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
2. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
3. What was Margaret's response when Rick told her that he got the Fellowship?
4. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
5. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)