|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(b) Fried crappie.
(c) Ice cream sundays.
(d) Foot long hot dogs.
2. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
(a) He was hit by a truck.
(b) He fell in through an icy pond.
(c) He fell out of a tree.
(d) He was bitten by a rattlesnake.
3. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
(b) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
(c) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
(d) It allowed him to escape his small town.
4. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They invited them to their church.
(b) They brought them corn to eat.
(c) They invited them over for dinner.
(d) They brought them bread to eat.
5. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
2. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
3. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
4. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
5. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)