|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Rick working in the winter of 1964 as Chapter 16 opened?
(a) The Chicago Tribune.
(b) The Boston Herald.
(c) The Jacksonvill News.
(d) The New York Times.
2. How did Rick view his time in high school?
(a) He worked too hard at his job to take time for it.
(b) He worked hard at it.
(c) He wasted it.
(d) He learned a lot from it.
3. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To forgive his father.
(b) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(c) To make himself feel better.
(d) To make his brothers feel better.
4. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) The scraps from their plates.
(b) What falls to the floor.
(c) What is given to her by others.
(d) Only bread.
5. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They invited them to their church.
(b) They brought them bread to eat.
(c) They invited them over for dinner.
(d) They brought them corn to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
2. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
3. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
4. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
5. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)