|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
(a) Because he never wanted to be anything else.
(b) Because they never taught him that he had other opportunities.
(c) Because he was not smart enough to do anything else.
(d) Because he never learned to read.
2. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) Oklahoma City.
(d) Port au Prince.
3. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(a) Foot long hot dogs.
(b) Ice cream sundays.
(c) Fried crappie.
4. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
(a) He wanted to be able to brag to his brothers.
(b) He did not want to be arrested.
(c) He was afraid momma might cry.
(d) He thought it is funny to be chased.
5. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
(b) That he never met him.
(c) That he wasn't harder on his father.
(d) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
2. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
3. What did Sam ask from Rick in return for his staying behind in Alabama and Rick going out into the world?
4. What became of Sam?
5. Why did Rick think that he had to take the city reporter's job?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)