|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
(b) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(c) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(d) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
2. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
(a) That he will find a good job someday.
(b) That he will be stuck working hard for no money.
(c) That he will end up just like his father.
(d) That he will leave home and never return.
3. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
(a) They had a party for the poor children.
(b) They took the poor children to the soup kitchen.
(c) They collected toys for the poor children.
(d) They brought Christmas trees to the poor children.
4. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) Only bread.
(b) What falls to the floor.
(c) What is given to her by others.
(d) The scraps from their plates.
5. What statue stands in Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham?
(a) Bear Bryant.
(b) Rosa Parks.
(c) Martin Luther King Jr.
(d) George Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
2. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
3. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
4. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)