|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick compare time lost to?
(a) A quarter in an unlucky slot machine.
(b) A lost piece of jewelry.
(c) A bad piece of fruit.
(d) A poor night's sleep.
2. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
(b) Hard worker.
(c) Hard drinker and fighter.
3. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(b) Making cookies.
(c) Dancing in the kitchen.
(d) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
4. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would have his sons pull his leg.
(b) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(c) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
(d) He would go to the doctor.
5. Who went to Charles's funeral?
(a) Momma and the three boys.
(b) Only momma.
(c) Only Rick.
(d) Only the three boys.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
2. Why did Rick think that he had to take the city reporter's job?
3. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
4. What story did Rick write about in Clearwater that marked him forever?
5. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)