|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) It allowed him to escape his small town.
(b) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
(c) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
(d) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
2. Why did Rick think that he had to take the city reporter's job?
(a) He had to show up the editor that insulted him.
(b) He had a fancy car payment.
(c) His mother needed the money.
(d) He had a wife.
3. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
(a) Rick was embarrassed because he does not have enough money.
(b) Rick dropped and broke a bottle which he cannot afford.
(c) The proprietor accused him of stealing a soda.
(d) The proprietor felt sorry for him and gives him a free soda.
4. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They moved to better parts of the country.
(b) They married better.
(c) They had fewer children to care for.
(d) They became educated.
5. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
(a) That he will leave home and never return.
(b) That he will find a good job someday.
(c) That he will be stuck working hard for no money.
(d) That he will end up just like his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
2. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
3. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
4. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
5. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)