|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
(b) Hard worker.
(d) Hard drinker and fighter.
2. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
(a) He was afraid momma might cry.
(b) He thought it is funny to be chased.
(c) He did not want to be arrested.
(d) He wanted to be able to brag to his brothers.
3. Why didn't Rick take the job he wanted at the St. Petersburg Times?
(a) His new girlfriend asked him not to.
(b) His momma got sick, so he had to go home.
(c) An old friend wanted him to return to the Anniston Star.
(d) His brother was in trouble again, so he had to go home.
4. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To get what you want out of life.
(b) To fight dirty.
(c) To work hard.
(d) To never take nothin' form nobody.
5. How did Rick view his time in high school?
(a) He worked too hard at his job to take time for it.
(b) He wasted it.
(c) He learned a lot from it.
(d) He worked hard at it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did momma feel about Mark's jail terms?
2. What was Margaret's first real toy?
3. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
4. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
5. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)