|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
(d) False pride.
2. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
(a) A church picnic.
(b) When the mothers allow the children to eat in front of the TV.
(c) When father throws the food in anger.
(d) A family outing.
3. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She told the police he made likker.
(b) She hit one of his children.
(c) She lied about his stealing.
(d) She came at him with a knife.
4. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They brought them bread to eat.
(b) They invited them to their church.
(c) They brought them corn to eat.
(d) They invited them over for dinner.
5. What happened in 1991 that Rick got to experience that terrified him deeply?
(a) A young boy getting killed in an accident.
(b) A riot in Miami.
(c) A train wreck with many left dead.
(d) A murder in a grocery store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
2. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
3. Why didn't Rick take the job he wanted at the St. Petersburg Times?
4. What story did Rick write about in Clearwater that marked him forever?
5. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)