|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) With a shirt and tie.
(b) In overalls.
(c) In a clean shirt.
(d) In a full suit.
2. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(b) Beating your childen and missing church.
(c) Fighting and drinking.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
3. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
(a) TV preachers.
(b) Reading The Bible.
(c) A pastor comes to visit her every Sunday.
4. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
(a) Rick was embarrassed because he does not have enough money.
(b) Rick dropped and broke a bottle which he cannot afford.
(c) The proprietor felt sorry for him and gives him a free soda.
(d) The proprietor accused him of stealing a soda.
5. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
(a) Because they often stuck up for black people.
(b) Because they were always getting in trouble.
(c) Because they were poor and lived close by.
(d) Because the police did not like their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What became of Sam?
2. What crime did John Sparks commit?
3. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
4. What made Rick finally write the book?
5. What did Rick say that men did instead of rioting?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)