|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Rick view his time in high school?
(a) He worked too hard at his job to take time for it.
(b) He wasted it.
(c) He learned a lot from it.
(d) He worked hard at it.
2. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) It is too fancy a name for him.
(b) He finds it appropriate.
(c) It makes him proud.
(d) He thinks it is wrongly named.
3. How old was Charles when he died?
4. What did Rick compare time lost to?
(a) A bad piece of fruit.
(b) A quarter in an unlucky slot machine.
(c) A lost piece of jewelry.
(d) A poor night's sleep.
5. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Richard Nixon.
(c) Albert Brewer.
(d) George Wallace.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
2. Where did Sam end up finding his career?
3. What happened to Rick when he was out on the boat in the Everglades?
4. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
5. What made Rick finally write the book?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)