|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Grandpa Charlie.
(b) Rick's dad.
(c) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(d) Grandma Ava.
2. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They became educated.
(b) They married better.
(c) They moved to better parts of the country.
(d) They had fewer children to care for.
3. What was Rick's first story about as a news reporter for the Anniston Star?
(a) Football players who suffered from concussions.
(b) Gang members who were shot to death.
(c) Race car drivers killed on the track.
(d) Deer hunters who were killing each other by accident.
4. What was the wall in Brooklyn that Rick wrote about?
(a) A tribute to the leaders of the gangs.
(b) A memorial to soldiers.
(c) A division between races.
(d) A tribute to those killed in the streets there.
5. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(a) Hard worker.
(c) Family man.
(d) Hard drinker and fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
2. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
3. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
4. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
5. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)