|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part II, Lies to My Mother, Chapters 16-24.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) It allowed him to escape his small town.
(b) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
(c) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
(d) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
2. What did Sam let Rick do when they finally went fishing?
(a) Bait the line.
(b) Reel in the fish Sam caught.
(c) Tell momma Rick caught the fish.
(d) Cook the fish.
3. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
(a) Small, but in good shape.
(b) A mansion.
(c) Big but decrepit.
(d) Just big enough for all of them.
4. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
(a) That he will find a good job someday.
(b) That he will leave home and never return.
(c) That he will be stuck working hard for no money.
(d) That he will end up just like his father.
5. What was Margaret's first real toy?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) A red wagon.
(c) A wooden turtle on a string.
(d) A doll.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
2. What war was Rick's father in?
3. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
4. When did Rick first meet his father?
5. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)