|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(b) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(c) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(d) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
2. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(a) Making cookies.
(c) Dancing in the kitchen.
(d) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
3. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(a) A nice house.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A new dress.
4. What crime did John Sparks commit?
5. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
(b) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
(c) It allowed him to escape his small town.
(d) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. What war was Rick's father in?
2. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
3. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
4. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
5. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)