|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rick have the 1969 convertible?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Six months.
(c) His whole life.
(d) All of high school.
2. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(b) That no one should be laughed at.
(c) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(d) That everyone needs love.
3. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) Albert Brewer.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Richard Nixon.
4. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
(b) Reading The Bible.
(c) A pastor comes to visit her every Sunday.
(d) TV preachers.
5. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
(c) False pride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Margaret's first real toy?
2. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
3. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
4. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
5. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)