|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
(a) Talkin' back to her mother.
(b) Kickin' her sister so hard in bed one night.
(c) Takin' the truck out for a short ride in the fields.
(d) Takin' a sip of likker.
2. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was five.
(b) When he was ten.
(c) When he was two.
(d) When he was fifteen.
3. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
(a) Because they were always getting in trouble.
(b) Because the police did not like their father.
(c) Because they often stuck up for black people.
(d) Because they were poor and lived close by.
4. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
(a) The dump.
(b) Neighbors trash bins.
(c) Restaurant trash bins.
(d) Store trash bins.
5. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
(a) He is apathetic about it.
(b) He believes it is detrimental.
(c) He never found the joy of it as he had seen others have.
(d) He is fervent about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
2. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
3. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
4. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
5. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)