|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Grandma Ava.
(b) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(c) Rick's dad.
(d) Grandpa Charlie.
2. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
(a) He drowned him.
(b) He shot him.
(c) He stabbed him.
(d) He strangled him.
3. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
(a) He was afraid momma might cry.
(b) He thought it is funny to be chased.
(c) He wanted to be able to brag to his brothers.
(d) He did not want to be arrested.
4. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
(a) He fell out of a tree and broke his leg.
(b) He punched his brother and broke his hand.
(c) He fell into the hole in the outhouse and broke his arm.
(d) He sucked a plastic berry up his nose.
5. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(b) To forgive his father.
(c) To make his brothers feel better.
(d) To make himself feel better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
2. Who went to Charles's funeral?
3. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
4. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
5. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)