|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(a) Family man.
(b) Hard worker.
(c) Hard drinker and fighter.
2. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
(a) They took the poor children to the soup kitchen.
(b) They had a party for the poor children.
(c) They collected toys for the poor children.
(d) They brought Christmas trees to the poor children.
3. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he never met him.
(b) That he wasn't harder on his father.
(c) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
(d) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
4. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Port au Prince.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Oklahoma City.
5. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That everyone needs love.
(b) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(c) That no one should be laughed at.
(d) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
Short Answer Questions
1. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
2. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
3. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
4. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
5. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)