|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(b) "Forgive me Momma."
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
2. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
(a) Just big enough for all of them.
(b) Small, but in good shape.
(c) Big but decrepit.
(d) A mansion.
3. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) The scraps from their plates.
(b) Only bread.
(c) What falls to the floor.
(d) What is given to her by others.
4. Who went to Charles's funeral?
(a) Only the three boys.
(b) Momma and the three boys.
(c) Only Rick.
(d) Only momma.
5. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
(b) Sports news.
(c) Entertainment news.
(d) Local news.
Short Answer Questions
1. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
2. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
3. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
4. What was Rick's first course in college?
5. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)