|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
(a) Rick was embarrassed because he does not have enough money.
(b) The proprietor felt sorry for him and gives him a free soda.
(c) The proprietor accused him of stealing a soda.
(d) Rick dropped and broke a bottle which he cannot afford.
2. How did Rick view his time in high school?
(a) He worked hard at it.
(b) He worked too hard at his job to take time for it.
(c) He learned a lot from it.
(d) He wasted it.
3. What was Rick's first course in college?
(c) Creative Writing.
4. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They invited them to their church.
(b) They invited them over for dinner.
(c) They brought them bread to eat.
(d) They brought them corn to eat.
5. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
2. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
3. What does Rick say about this book?
4. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
5. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)