|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To make himself feel better.
(b) To forgive his father.
(c) To make his brothers feel better.
(d) To record his mother's sacrifices.
2. How did Rick view his time in high school?
(a) He worked too hard at his job to take time for it.
(b) He learned a lot from it.
(c) He wasted it.
(d) He worked hard at it.
3. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(a) Dancing in the kitchen.
(b) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
(d) Making cookies.
4. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
(a) Quick to anger.
(b) Lack of fear.
(c) Running from his problems.
5. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
(a) Store trash bins.
(b) The dump.
(c) Neighbors trash bins.
(d) Restaurant trash bins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
2. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
3. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
4. What does Rick say about this book?
5. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)