|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
(a) Local news.
(b) Sports news.
(d) Entertainment news.
2. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
(a) When the mothers allow the children to eat in front of the TV.
(b) A church picnic.
(c) When father throws the food in anger.
(d) A family outing.
3. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They ran to the neighbors.
(c) They called their grandfather.
(d) They ran and hid.
4. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
(a) He stabbed him.
(b) He strangled him.
(c) He shot him.
(d) He drowned him.
5. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
(a) They are there to protect people.
(b) They are lies to hide truths.
(c) They are lies created to entertain.
(d) They are only his perceptions.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
2. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
3. What made Rick finally write the book?
4. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
5. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)