|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They married better.
(b) They became educated.
(c) They moved to better parts of the country.
(d) They had fewer children to care for.
2. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
(a) They are only his perceptions.
(b) They are lies to hide truths.
(c) They are there to protect people.
(d) They are lies created to entertain.
3. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
(b) Fighting and drinking.
(c) Beating your childen and missing church.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
4. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) "Whatever you think best, son."
(b) "Tell the truth in it, son."
(c) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(d) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
5. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
(a) Big but decrepit.
(b) Just big enough for all of them.
(c) A mansion.
(d) Small, but in good shape.
Short Answer Questions
1. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
2. What crime did John Sparks commit?
3. What war was Rick's father in?
4. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
5. What sickness killed Rick's father?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)