|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Port au Prince.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Oklahoma City.
2. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To get what you want out of life.
(b) To fight dirty.
(c) To work hard.
(d) To never take nothin' form nobody.
3. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) It is too fancy a name for him.
(b) He finds it appropriate.
(c) He thinks it is wrongly named.
(d) It makes him proud.
4. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
(a) He was taking a walk.
(b) He was reading another book.
(c) He was having a seizure.
(d) He was daydreaming.
5. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
(a) It hurled itself into a pool.
(b) It threw its baby from the nest.
(c) It flew into a glass door.
(d) It attacked its own reflection.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
2. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
3. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
4. What made Rick finally write the book?
5. What war was Rick's father in?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)