|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
(a) It attacked its own reflection.
(b) It threw its baby from the nest.
(c) It hurled itself into a pool.
(d) It flew into a glass door.
2. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(b) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(c) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
(d) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
3. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Find more likker.
(c) Stop drinking.
4. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
(a) The 20s and 30s.
(b) The 50s and 60s.
(c) The 60s and 70s.
(d) The 40s and 50s.
5. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Port au Prince.
(c) Oklahoma City.
Short Answer Questions
1. What made Rick finally write the book?
2. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
3. What sickness killed Rick's father?
4. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
5. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)