|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
(a) He stabbed him.
(b) He drowned him.
(c) He strangled him.
(d) He shot him.
2. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
(a) That he will be stuck working hard for no money.
(b) That he will find a good job someday.
(c) That he will end up just like his father.
(d) That he will leave home and never return.
3. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Find more likker.
(d) Hit her.
4. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Oklahoma City.
(b) Port au Prince.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
5. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
(a) She must be obedient to her husband.
(b) If she went back, Charlie would kill him.
(c) She should never go back.
(d) She could go back, but not with her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
2. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
3. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
4. What is the story of the widow's mite?
5. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)