|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
(a) Kidney failure.
(b) Heart failure.
2. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
3. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Albert Brewer.
4. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "I forgive you, Papa."
(b) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(c) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(d) "Forgive me Momma."
5. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To fight dirty.
(b) To work hard.
(c) To get what you want out of life.
(d) To never take nothin' form nobody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
2. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
3. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
4. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
5. What crime did John Sparks commit?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)