|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rick have the 1969 convertible?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) All of high school.
(c) His whole life.
(d) Six months.
2. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
(a) The poor Old South.
(b) The monied South.
(c) Bible country.
(d) The land of poor churches.
3. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(a) Ice cream sundays.
(b) Fried crappie.
(c) Foot long hot dogs.
4. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
5. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would go to the doctor.
(b) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(c) He would have his sons pull his leg.
(d) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
2. Why did Margaret bury Rick's muddy sneakers?
3. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
4. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
5. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)