|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Perry Como.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Hank Williams.
(d) Johnny Cash.
2. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
(a) Rick was embarrassed because he does not have enough money.
(b) Rick dropped and broke a bottle which he cannot afford.
(c) The proprietor felt sorry for him and gives him a free soda.
(d) The proprietor accused him of stealing a soda.
3. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(a) Ice cream sundays.
(c) Fried crappie.
(d) Foot long hot dogs.
4. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
(a) Blue Jays.
5. How old was Charles when he died?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
2. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
3. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
4. What is the story of the widow's mite?
5. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)