|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
(a) He was afraid momma might cry.
(b) He wanted to be able to brag to his brothers.
(c) He thought it is funny to be chased.
(d) He did not want to be arrested.
2. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
(b) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
(c) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
(d) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
3. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
(a) He threw them away one night.
(b) They were burned.
(c) She shredded them.
(d) She gave them to Rick when he gets older.
4. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
(b) It allowed him to escape his small town.
(c) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
(d) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
5. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
(a) Because they never taught him that he had other opportunities.
(b) Because he never learned to read.
(c) Because he was not smart enough to do anything else.
(d) Because he never wanted to be anything else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
2. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
3. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
4. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
5. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)