|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rick have the 1969 convertible?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) His whole life.
(c) All of high school.
(d) Six months.
2. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
(a) That he will leave home and never return.
(b) That he will end up just like his father.
(c) That he will find a good job someday.
(d) That he will be stuck working hard for no money.
3. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Frank Sinatra.
(b) Hank Williams.
(c) Perry Como.
(d) Johnny Cash.
4. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) With a shirt and tie.
(b) In overalls.
(c) In a full suit.
(d) In a clean shirt.
5. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
(a) Because they never taught him that he had other opportunities.
(b) Because he never learned to read.
(c) Because he was not smart enough to do anything else.
(d) Because he never wanted to be anything else.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
2. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
3. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
4. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
5. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)