|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
(b) Entertainment news.
(c) Local news.
(d) Sports news.
2. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
(a) He fell in through an icy pond.
(b) He fell out of a tree.
(c) He was hit by a truck.
(d) He was bitten by a rattlesnake.
3. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They ran and hid.
(c) They ran to the neighbors.
(d) They called their grandfather.
4. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Fighting and drinking.
(b) Beating your childen and missing church.
(c) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
5. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
2. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
3. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
4. What was Rick's first course in college?
5. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)