|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
(a) Richard Nixon.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) George Wallace.
(d) Albert Brewer.
2. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
(b) Hard drinker and fighter.
(c) Hard worker.
3. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He was afraid to go.
(b) He thought it was a party.
(c) He did not think about it one way or another.
(d) He had no problem with the notion.
4. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
(d) False pride.
5. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A new dress.
(c) A nice house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
2. What is the last line of the Prologue?
3. Who went to Charles's funeral?
4. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
5. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)