|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They became educated.
(b) They moved to better parts of the country.
(c) They had fewer children to care for.
(d) They married better.
2. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
(a) They beat him.
(b) They ran to the neighbors.
(c) They ran and hid.
(d) They called their grandfather.
3. What war was Rick's father in?
(b) World War II.
(c) Dessert Strom.
4. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) In a clean shirt.
(b) In overalls.
(c) In a full suit.
(d) With a shirt and tie.
5. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
(a) They brought Christmas trees to the poor children.
(b) They had a party for the poor children.
(c) They took the poor children to the soup kitchen.
(d) They collected toys for the poor children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
2. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
3. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
4. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
5. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)