|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
(a) Bumdrum's homemade likker.
(c) Bumdrum's live chickens.
2. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
(a) She was too slow at it.
(c) The government.
(d) Migrant workers.
3. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He would make him close the door to darkness.
(b) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
(c) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(d) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
4. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(b) He would go to the doctor.
(c) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
(d) He would have his sons pull his leg.
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(b) "Forgive me Momma."
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
2. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
3. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
4. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
5. Who went to Charles's funeral?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)