|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
(b) Beating your childen and missing church.
(c) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(d) Fighting and drinking.
2. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
(a) That he will leave home and never return.
(b) That he will be stuck working hard for no money.
(c) That he will find a good job someday.
(d) That he will end up just like his father.
3. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
(a) The 60s and 70s.
(b) The 20s and 30s.
(c) The 50s and 60s.
(d) The 40s and 50s.
4. What crime did John Sparks commit?
5. What was Rick's first course in college?
(b) Creative Writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
2. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
3. How long did Rick have the 1969 convertible?
4. Where did Margaret get her religion from?
5. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)