|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the story of the widow's mite?
(a) A woman who is infested with bugs.
(b) A widowed woman who takes in poor children.
(c) A poor woman who gave to the temple and God recognized the gift.
(d) A woman who shuns the church because her husband dies.
2. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Port au Prince.
(b) Oklahoma City.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
3. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
(a) The scenery.
(b) The music.
(c) The clothing.
(d) The religion.
4. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
(b) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
(c) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
(d) It allowed him to escape his small town.
5. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
(a) When the mothers allow the children to eat in front of the TV.
(b) A family outing.
(c) When father throws the food in anger.
(d) A church picnic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
2. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
3. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
4. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
5. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)