|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused Margaret to lose her job as a cotton picker?
(a) The government.
(b) She was too slow at it.
(d) Migrant workers.
2. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He did not think about it one way or another.
(b) He thought it was a party.
(c) He had no problem with the notion.
(d) He was afraid to go.
3. What sickness killed Rick's father?
4. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
(a) Working in Uncle Ed's store.
(b) Cleaning stalls.
(c) Hauling trash.
(d) Moving dirt and clearing land.
5. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They had fewer children to care for.
(b) They married better.
(c) They became educated.
(d) They moved to better parts of the country.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick and Uncle Ed both acknowledge early on about Rick's future?
2. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
3. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
4. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
5. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)