|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(b) To forgive his father.
(c) To make himself feel better.
(d) To make his brothers feel better.
2. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
(a) Cleaning stalls.
(b) Hauling trash.
(c) Working in Uncle Ed's store.
(d) Moving dirt and clearing land.
3. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was ten.
(b) When he was fifteen.
(c) When he was two.
(d) When he was five.
4. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
(a) He was taking a walk.
(b) He was daydreaming.
(c) He was having a seizure.
(d) He was reading another book.
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(b) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "Forgive me Momma."
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick say about this book?
2. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
3. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
4. How did Rick view his time in high school?
5. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)