|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
(a) Takin' the truck out for a short ride in the fields.
(b) Talkin' back to her mother.
(c) Kickin' her sister so hard in bed one night.
(d) Takin' a sip of likker.
2. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Port au Prince.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) Oklahoma City.
3. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
4. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They married better.
(b) They moved to better parts of the country.
(c) They had fewer children to care for.
(d) They became educated.
5. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
(a) The proprietor accused him of stealing a soda.
(b) The proprietor felt sorry for him and gives him a free soda.
(c) Rick dropped and broke a bottle which he cannot afford.
(d) Rick was embarrassed because he does not have enough money.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
2. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
3. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
4. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
5. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)