|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He was afraid to go.
(b) He had no problem with the notion.
(c) He thought it was a party.
(d) He did not think about it one way or another.
2. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Grandma Ava.
(b) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(c) Grandpa Charlie.
(d) Rick's dad.
3. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
(a) Bible country.
(b) The monied South.
(c) The poor Old South.
(d) The land of poor churches.
4. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(a) A new dress.
(c) New shoes.
(d) A nice house.
5. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
(a) They are there to protect people.
(b) They are only his perceptions.
(c) They are lies created to entertain.
(d) They are lies to hide truths.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Rick's first course in college?
2. What is the story of the widow's mite?
3. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
4. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
5. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)