|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That it is not important.
(b) That it is a story meant only for his family.
(c) That he wrote it for himself.
(d) That everyone should read it.
2. What happened in the country store when Rick went in to buy drinks while working one summer?
(a) The proprietor felt sorry for him and gives him a free soda.
(b) Rick was embarrassed because he does not have enough money.
(c) Rick dropped and broke a bottle which he cannot afford.
(d) The proprietor accused him of stealing a soda.
3. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(c) Port au Prince.
(d) Oklahoma City.
4. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
(a) She shredded them.
(b) He threw them away one night.
(c) She gave them to Rick when he gets older.
(d) They were burned.
5. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
(a) He did not want to be arrested.
(b) He was afraid momma might cry.
(c) He wanted to be able to brag to his brothers.
(d) He thought it is funny to be chased.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
2. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
3. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
4. What was "Dinner on the Ground"?
5. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)