|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(b) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(c) That no one should be laughed at.
(d) That everyone needs love.
2. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
(a) He fell in through an icy pond.
(b) He fell out of a tree.
(c) He was hit by a truck.
(d) He was bitten by a rattlesnake.
3. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was freezing cold.
(b) It was boiling hot.
(c) It was terribly windy.
(d) It was always raining.
4. How old was Charles when he died?
5. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
(a) The scenery.
(b) The religion.
(c) The clothing.
(d) The music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
2. What war was Rick's father in?
3. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
4. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
5. What crime did John Sparks commit?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)