|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick run from the police when he was riding the moped?
(a) He wanted to be able to brag to his brothers.
(b) He was afraid momma might cry.
(c) He did not want to be arrested.
(d) He thought it is funny to be chased.
2. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
(a) Cowboy boots.
(b) A red wagon.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) His own bed.
3. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
(a) Working in Uncle Ed's store.
(b) Moving dirt and clearing land.
(c) Hauling trash.
(d) Cleaning stalls.
4. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
5. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
(a) Twenty-five years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty years.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
2. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
3. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
4. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
5. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)