|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
(a) Cowboy boots.
(b) His own bed.
(c) A bicycle.
(d) A red wagon.
2. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
3. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
(a) They took the poor children to the soup kitchen.
(b) They collected toys for the poor children.
(c) They had a party for the poor children.
(d) They brought Christmas trees to the poor children.
4. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was fifteen.
(b) When he was two.
(c) When he was five.
(d) When he was ten.
5. Why did Sam become the school's janitor according to Rick?
(a) Because he was not smart enough to do anything else.
(b) Because he never wanted to be anything else.
(c) Because they never taught him that he had other opportunities.
(d) Because he never learned to read.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
2. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
3. Who went to Charles's funeral?
4. How old was Charles when he died?
5. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)