|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What crime did John Sparks commit?
2. How long after quitting high school did Margaret get her GED?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Twenty-five years.
3. Why were the Bragg boys "usual suspects" in the John Sparks case?
(a) Because the police did not like their father.
(b) Because they were always getting in trouble.
(c) Because they were poor and lived close by.
(d) Because they often stuck up for black people.
4. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
(a) They ran to the neighbors.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They ran and hid.
(d) They called their grandfather.
5. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) "Whatever you think best, son."
(b) "Tell the truth in it, son."
(c) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(d) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
2. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
3. How old was Charles when he died?
4. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
5. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)