|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "Forgive me Momma."
(b) "I forgive you, Papa."
(c) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(d) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
2. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Stop drinking.
(b) Hit her.
(d) Find more likker.
3. What did Rick see at church that he stated was one of the most beautiful things he had ever seen?
(a) A baptism.
(b) A healing.
(c) A child singing a hymn.
(d) A soul being saved.
4. What was Margaret's first real toy?
(a) A red wagon.
(b) A stuffed bear.
(c) A doll.
(d) A wooden turtle on a string.
5. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
(a) If she went back, Charlie would kill him.
(b) She should never go back.
(c) She must be obedient to her husband.
(d) She could go back, but not with her son.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
2. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
3. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
4. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
5. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)