|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was two.
(b) When he was five.
(c) When he was fifteen.
(d) When he was ten.
2. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Perry Como.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Hank Williams.
3. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
4. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(b) He would have his sons pull his leg.
(c) He would go to the doctor.
(d) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
5. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
(a) Classical literature.
(b) Car magazines.
(d) Dirty books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
2. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
3. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
4. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
5. What work did Rick begin in junior high?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)