|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His grandmother's death.
(c) His grandfather's death.
(d) His father's death.
2. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(b) To make himself feel better.
(c) To make his brothers feel better.
(d) To forgive his father.
3. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was terribly windy.
(b) It was freezing cold.
(c) It was boiling hot.
(d) It was always raining.
4. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
(a) A bicycle.
(b) Cowboy boots.
(c) A red wagon.
(d) His own bed.
5. What trait does Rick believe he inherited from his father?
(a) Quick to anger.
(b) Running from his problems.
(c) Lack of fear.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
2. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
3. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
4. What did momma lecture Rick about on the rare occasions that she lectured?
5. What sickness killed Rick's father?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)