|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 1971 what did the fraternity do at Christmas?
(a) They had a party for the poor children.
(b) They collected toys for the poor children.
(c) They took the poor children to the soup kitchen.
(d) They brought Christmas trees to the poor children.
2. When did the boys stop fighting with each other?
(a) When one of them gets hurt.
(b) When momma hits them with a hickory branch.
(c) When momma yells.
(d) When momma cries.
3. What did Rick write in the Jacksonville News?
(a) Sports news.
(b) Local news.
(d) Entertainment news.
4. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
(a) The music.
(b) The clothing.
(c) The religion.
(d) The scenery.
5. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Grandpa Charlie.
(b) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(c) Rick's dad.
(d) Grandma Ava.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Margaret's first real toy?
2. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
3. What does Rick say about this book?
4. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
5. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)