|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He locked him in with a tomcat.
(b) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
(c) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
(d) He would make him close the door to darkness.
2. Why did Rick love his 1969 convertible so much in high school?
(a) It made him feel equal to the other high school kids.
(b) The other guys loved it, so they paid attention to him.
(c) It allowed him to get the pretty girls.
(d) It allowed him to escape his small town.
3. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
(a) He threw them away one night.
(b) They were burned.
(c) She gave them to Rick when he gets older.
(d) She shredded them.
4. What gift did Rick receive in 2nd grade that had such a large impact on him?
(a) His own bed.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) Cowboy boots.
(d) A red wagon.
5. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
2. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
3. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
4. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
5. Who went to Charles's funeral?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)