|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was five.
(b) When he was fifteen.
(c) When he was two.
(d) When he was ten.
2. In general, how did Rick Bragg feel about religion as he always had?
(a) He is apathetic about it.
(b) He is fervent about it.
(c) He never found the joy of it as he had seen others have.
(d) He believes it is detrimental.
3. What crime did John Sparks commit?
4. What did Margaret mean when she told Sam and Mark that Rick is "travelin'"?
(a) He was taking a walk.
(b) He was daydreaming.
(c) He was reading another book.
(d) He was having a seizure.
5. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To fight dirty.
(b) To get what you want out of life.
(c) To work hard.
(d) To never take nothin' form nobody.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
2. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
3. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
4. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
5. What sickness killed Rick's father?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)