|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 8-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His grandfather's death.
(b) His father's death.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His grandmother's death.
2. What happened to the letters Margaret received from Charles while he was in Korea?
(a) She shredded them.
(b) They were burned.
(c) He threw them away one night.
(d) She gave them to Rick when he gets older.
3. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Port au Prince.
(c) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Oklahoma City.
4. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
(a) They are there to protect people.
(b) They are lies created to entertain.
(c) They are lies to hide truths.
(d) They are only his perceptions.
5. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
(b) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
(c) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
(d) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
2. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
3. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
4. What did Rick tell his first girlfriend about his family?
5. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)