|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Ten years.
2. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) With a shirt and tie.
(b) In overalls.
(c) In a full suit.
(d) In a clean shirt.
3. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(b) Stop drinking.
(c) Hit her.
(d) Find more likker.
4. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
(a) He was bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) He was hit by a truck.
(c) He fell in through an icy pond.
(d) He fell out of a tree.
5. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(b) That no one should be laughed at.
(c) That everyone needs love.
(d) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
2. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
3. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
4. Who came to the city auditorium to talk to the white people of the county?
5. What war was Rick's father in?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)