|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Fifteen years.
2. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To fight dirty.
(b) To get what you want out of life.
(c) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(d) To work hard.
3. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
(b) That he never met him.
(c) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
(d) That he wasn't harder on his father.
4. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His grandfather's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His grandmother's death.
5. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
(a) Store trash bins.
(b) Neighbors trash bins.
(c) Restaurant trash bins.
(d) The dump.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
2. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
3. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
4. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
5. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)