|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Charlie tell Margaret about going back to her husband when she came home for the second time?
(a) She must be obedient to her husband.
(b) She should never go back.
(c) She could go back, but not with her son.
(d) If she went back, Charlie would kill him.
2. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) In a full suit.
(b) In overalls.
(c) In a clean shirt.
(d) With a shirt and tie.
3. What was Margaret's first real toy?
(a) A stuffed bear.
(b) A red wagon.
(c) A wooden turtle on a string.
(d) A doll.
4. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To get what you want out of life.
(b) To work hard.
(c) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(d) To fight dirty.
5. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he wasn't harder on his father.
(b) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
(c) That he never met him.
(d) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
2. When did Rick first meet his father?
3. What does Rick say about this book?
4. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
5. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)