|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Oklahoma City.
(b) Pearl Harbor.
(d) Port au Prince.
2. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
(b) Beating your childen and missing church.
(c) Fighting and drinking.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
3. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
(a) No records were kept of dead babies.
(b) The hospital did not have papers on the dead baby.
(c) The baby was never christened.
(d) The baby never existed.
4. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
(a) It threw its baby from the nest.
(b) It attacked its own reflection.
(c) It flew into a glass door.
(d) It hurled itself into a pool.
5. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Grandma Ava.
(b) Rick's dad.
(c) Grandpa Charlie.
(d) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
2. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
3. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
4. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
5. What made Rick finally write the book?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)