|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Beating your childen and missing church.
(b) Fighting and drinking.
(c) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
2. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(a) Family man.
(b) Hard worker.
(c) Hard drinker and fighter.
3. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They moved to better parts of the country.
(b) They married better.
(c) They became educated.
(d) They had fewer children to care for.
4. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he wasn't harder on his father.
(b) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
(c) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
(d) That he never met him.
5. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Rick's first reading group at school?
2. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
3. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
4. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
5. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)