|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(b) To forgive his father.
(c) To make his brothers feel better.
(d) To make himself feel better.
2. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
3. What was Margaret's first real toy?
(a) A doll.
(b) A stuffed bear.
(c) A wooden turtle on a string.
(d) A red wagon.
4. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Fighting and drinking.
(b) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
(c) Beating your childen and missing church.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
5. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
(a) It threw its baby from the nest.
(b) It flew into a glass door.
(c) It attacked its own reflection.
(d) It hurled itself into a pool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
2. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
3. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
4. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
5. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)