|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
(a) He punched his brother and broke his hand.
(b) He fell out of a tree and broke his leg.
(c) He sucked a plastic berry up his nose.
(d) He fell into the hole in the outhouse and broke his arm.
2. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To fight dirty.
(b) To work hard.
(c) To get what you want out of life.
(d) To never take nothin' form nobody.
3. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
(a) Bumdrum's homemade likker.
(d) Bumdrum's live chickens.
4. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(b) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(c) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(d) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
5. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
(b) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(c) He would go to the doctor.
(d) He would have his sons pull his leg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
2. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
3. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
4. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
5. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)