|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
(b) Bumdrum's live chickens.
(c) Bumdrum's homemade likker.
2. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That everyone needs love.
(b) That no one should be laughed at.
(c) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(d) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
3. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He was afraid to go.
(b) He thought it was a party.
(c) He had no problem with the notion.
(d) He did not think about it one way or another.
4. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
(a) They brought them corn to eat.
(b) They invited them to their church.
(c) They brought them bread to eat.
(d) They invited them over for dinner.
5. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Grandma Ava.
(b) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(c) Rick's dad.
(d) Grandpa Charlie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
2. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
3. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
4. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
5. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)