|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Perry Como.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Johnny Cash.
(d) Hank Williams.
2. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) With a shirt and tie.
(b) In overalls.
(c) In a full suit.
(d) In a clean shirt.
3. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(b) To fight dirty.
(c) To get what you want out of life.
(d) To work hard.
4. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
(a) Talkin' back to her mother.
(b) Kickin' her sister so hard in bed one night.
(c) Takin' the truck out for a short ride in the fields.
(d) Takin' a sip of likker.
5. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(a) Hard worker.
(b) Family man.
(c) Hard drinker and fighter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
2. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
3. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
4. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
5. What was Margaret's first real toy?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)