|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
(a) The land of poor churches.
(b) The monied South.
(c) Bible country.
(d) The poor Old South.
2. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He was afraid to go.
(b) He did not think about it one way or another.
(c) He had no problem with the notion.
(d) He thought it was a party.
3. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
(a) It was terribly windy.
(b) It was freezing cold.
(c) It was boiling hot.
(d) It was always raining.
4. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
(a) They called their grandfather.
(b) They beat him.
(c) They ran to the neighbors.
(d) They ran and hid.
5. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(b) A nice house.
(c) A new dress.
(d) New shoes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
2. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
3. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
4. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
5. What did NOT change in Rick's parents' world as the times change?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)