|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Johnny Cash.
(b) Perry Como.
(c) Frank Sinatra.
(d) Hank Williams.
2. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
(b) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(c) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(d) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
3. What was the reason that Charles whipped his daughter Margaret at the age of thirteen?
(a) Talkin' back to her mother.
(b) Takin' a sip of likker.
(c) Kickin' her sister so hard in bed one night.
(d) Takin' the truck out for a short ride in the fields.
4. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To get what you want out of life.
(b) To fight dirty.
(c) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(d) To work hard.
5. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Oklahoma City.
(c) Port au Prince.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last line of the Prologue?
2. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
3. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
4. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
5. What was Margaret's first real toy?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)