|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
(b) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
(c) That he wasn't harder on his father.
(d) That he never met him.
2. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
(a) Big but decrepit.
(b) Just big enough for all of them.
(c) Small, but in good shape.
(d) A mansion.
3. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He had no problem with the notion.
(b) He thought it was a party.
(c) He did not think about it one way or another.
(d) He was afraid to go.
4. How did Sam torture Rick in the outhouse?
(a) He would leave him there alone in the middle of the night.
(b) He would make him close the door to darkness.
(c) He told him the hole will swallow him up.
(d) He locked him in with a tomcat.
5. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His mother's death.
(b) His grandmother's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His grandfather's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rick describe the area in which his parents were born and raised?
2. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
3. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
4. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
5. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)