|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
(b) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
(c) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
(d) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
2. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
(a) With a shirt and tie.
(b) In a clean shirt.
(c) In a full suit.
(d) In overalls.
3. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That everyone should read it.
(b) That he wrote it for himself.
(c) That it is a story meant only for his family.
(d) That it is not important.
4. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) The scraps from their plates.
(b) What is given to her by others.
(c) What falls to the floor.
(d) Only bread.
5. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(b) To make his brothers feel better.
(c) To forgive his father.
(d) To make himself feel better.
Short Answer Questions
1. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
2. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
3. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
4. How did Charles kill the assassin in Korea?
5. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)