|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
(a) He would drink a lot of whiskey.
(b) His wife would pull his leg until it popped back in.
(c) He would go to the doctor.
(d) He would have his sons pull his leg.
2. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To work hard.
(b) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(c) To fight dirty.
(d) To get what you want out of life.
3. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Twenty years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Ten years.
4. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
(a) Heal his soul.
(b) Make the dead dance with the living.
(c) To bring his family closer together.
(d) Get at great truths.
5. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
(a) He had no problem with the notion.
(b) He did not think about it one way or another.
(c) He thought it was a party.
(d) He was afraid to go.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the box contain that Rick's father gave to him on his last visit?
2. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
3. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
4. What sickness killed Rick's father?
5. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)