|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(b) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
(c) Making cookies.
(d) Dancing in the kitchen.
2. What did Margaret eat when the children were small?
(a) What is given to her by others.
(b) Only bread.
(c) The scraps from their plates.
(d) What falls to the floor.
3. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was fifteen.
(b) When he was ten.
(c) When he was two.
(d) When he was five.
4. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That it is not important.
(b) That everyone should read it.
(c) That he wrote it for himself.
(d) That it is a story meant only for his family.
5. What did Margaret expect Rick's father to do after she poured his whiskey down the drain?
(a) Hit her.
(c) Stop drinking.
(d) Find more likker.
Short Answer Questions
1. When sober, how did Bobby Bragg dress for dinner?
2. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
3. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
4. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
5. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)