|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
2. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Port au Prince.
(b) Oklahoma City.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
3. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was fifteen.
(b) When he was two.
(c) When he was five.
(d) When he was ten.
4. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To get what you want out of life.
(b) To fight dirty.
(c) To work hard.
(d) To never take nothin' form nobody.
5. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(b) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(c) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(d) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
2. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
3. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
4. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
5. What sickness killed Rick's father?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)