|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That he wrote it for himself.
(b) That it is a story meant only for his family.
(c) That it is not important.
(d) That everyone should read it.
2. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
3. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
(b) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
(c) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
(d) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
4. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Rick's dad.
(b) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(c) Grandpa Charlie.
(d) Grandma Ava.
5. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To fight dirty.
(b) To work hard.
(c) To never take nothin' form nobody.
(d) To get what you want out of life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
2. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
3. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
4. What payment was most likely used for the doctor who helped give birth to Rick's mother?
5. How did Charles feel about going to Korea to kill soldiers?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)