|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
(a) Small, but in good shape.
(b) Just big enough for all of them.
(c) Big but decrepit.
(d) A mansion.
2. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They moved to better parts of the country.
(b) They became educated.
(c) They had fewer children to care for.
(d) They married better.
3. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Hank Williams.
(b) Johnny Cash.
(c) Perry Como.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
4. Where did Margaret take the children to find "treasure"?
(a) Store trash bins.
(b) Restaurant trash bins.
(c) Neighbors trash bins.
(d) The dump.
5. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
(b) That he never met him.
(c) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
(d) That he wasn't harder on his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
2. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
3. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
4. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
5. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)