|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(b) Dancing in the kitchen.
(c) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
(d) Making cookies.
2. What was acceptable practice and what was not in the foothills?
(a) Not to be able to read; not to be able to dance.
(b) Fighting and drinking.
(c) Beating your childen and missing church.
(d) Not to be able to read; not to be able to fight.
3. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
(a) They had fewer children to care for.
(b) They became educated.
(c) They married better.
(d) They moved to better parts of the country.
4. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
(a) They are there to protect people.
(b) They are lies created to entertain.
(c) They are only his perceptions.
(d) They are lies to hide truths.
5. Who drove Margaret to the hospital when she gave birth to Rick?
(a) Aunt Gracie Juanita.
(b) Grandma Ava.
(c) Grandpa Charlie.
(d) Rick's dad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
2. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
3. What was meant by the quote "didn't have no papers on him."?
4. In what era did Rick's parents grow up?
5. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)