|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason did grandpa Charlie have for shooting a neighbor woman?
(a) She lied about his stealing.
(b) She told the police he made likker.
(c) She hit one of his children.
(d) She came at him with a knife.
2. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
(b) That he wasn't harder on his father.
(c) That he never met him.
(d) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
3. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was fifteen.
(b) When he was two.
(c) When he was ten.
(d) When he was five.
4. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) It makes him proud.
(b) It is too fancy a name for him.
(c) He thinks it is wrongly named.
(d) He finds it appropriate.
5. What did Grandma Ab do the last time her grandchildren drove away with their father and mother?
(a) She screamed and cried for them not to leave.
(b) She ran out into the middle of the road and stared.
(c) She held onto Rick and won't let go.
(d) She begged Rick's father to leave them be.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Sam and Rick do to their father on the night he attempted to hit Rick?
2. What did the poor black family down the road do for Rick's family?
3. What was Margaret's first real toy?
4. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
5. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)