|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part I, The Widow's Mite, Chapters 1-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Rick rushed to the hospital as a young boy?
(a) He fell out of a tree and broke his leg.
(b) He fell into the hole in the outhouse and broke his arm.
(c) He punched his brother and broke his hand.
(d) He sucked a plastic berry up his nose.
2. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
(b) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(c) "Whatever you think best, son."
(d) "Tell the truth in it, son."
3. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(b) That no one should be laughed at.
(c) That everyone needs love.
(d) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
4. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(b) "Forgive me Momma."
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
5. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were Margaret's sisters better off in life than she was?
2. How did the weather make the war worse in Korea?
3. What was the house like that Rick's father brought them to when Rick was six years old?
4. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
5. How would Bobby Bragg fix his hip when it went out on him?
This section contains 330 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)