|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That everyone needs love.
(b) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(c) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(d) That no one should be laughed at.
2. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His grandfather's death.
(c) His grandmother's death.
(d) His mother's death.
3. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Perry Como.
(b) Frank Sinatra.
(c) Hank Williams.
(d) Johnny Cash.
4. When did Rick first meet his father?
(a) When he was five.
(b) When he was ten.
(c) When he was fifteen.
(d) When he was two.
5. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
(a) They are lies created to entertain.
(b) They are lies to hide truths.
(c) They are only his perceptions.
(d) They are there to protect people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
2. What does Rick say about this book?
3. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
4. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
5. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)