|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) He finds it appropriate.
(b) It makes him proud.
(c) He thinks it is wrongly named.
(d) It is too fancy a name for him.
2. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(a) Foot long hot dogs.
(b) Ice cream sundays.
(c) Fried crappie.
3. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(b) "Forgive me Momma."
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
4. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
5. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Twenty years.
(d) Five years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
2. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
3. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
4. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
5. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)