|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "Forgive me Momma."
(b) "I forgive you, Papa."
(c) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(d) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
2. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
3. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His grandmother's death.
(b) His mother's death.
(c) His father's death.
(d) His grandfather's death.
4. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Pearl Harbor.
(b) Oklahoma City.
(c) Port au Prince.
5. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To make his brothers feel better.
(b) To forgive his father.
(c) To make himself feel better.
(d) To record his mother's sacrifices.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
2. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
3. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
4. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
5. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
This section contains 211 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)