|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
2. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
3. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
(a) A way to spend more time with his mother.
(d) Another day with his grandmother.
4. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
(a) Perry Como.
(b) Hank Williams.
(c) Johnny Cash.
(d) Frank Sinatra.
5. What life lesson did Rick's mother teach him that he broke when he made fun of a boy for having lice?
(a) That everyone needs love.
(b) That everyone deserves a certain amount of dignity.
(c) That poor people should be treated with extra care.
(d) That no one should be laughed at.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
2. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
3. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
4. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
5. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)