|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
(a) He was bitten by a rattlesnake.
(b) He fell out of a tree.
(c) He fell in through an icy pond.
(d) He was hit by a truck.
2. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) It makes him proud.
(b) He finds it appropriate.
(c) It is too fancy a name for him.
(d) He thinks it is wrongly named.
3. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To forgive his father.
(b) To make himself feel better.
(c) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(d) To make his brothers feel better.
4. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(b) "Forgive me Momma."
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
5. What did Rick's grandmother die from?
(b) Kidney failure.
(c) Heart failure.
Short Answer Questions
1. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
2. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
3. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
4. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
5. What war was Rick's father in?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)