|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Aunt Gracie tell the children that the chicken was that was cooking?
2. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(a) Ice cream sundays.
(b) Fried crappie.
(c) Foot long hot dogs.
3. What does Rick regret about his grandfather?
(a) That he wasn't harder on his father.
(b) That he never met him.
(c) That he didn't do better by his daughter.
(d) That he wasn't there when he shot a woman through her breasts.
4. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
(a) He thinks it is wrongly named.
(b) It makes him proud.
(c) It is too fancy a name for him.
(d) He finds it appropriate.
5. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
(a) Port au Prince.
(c) Oklahoma City.
(d) Pearl Harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
2. What famous singer did grandma tell Rick that she met before he died?
3. What made Rick finally write the book?
4. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)