|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
2. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His grandfather's death.
(b) His grandmother's death.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His father's death.
3. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
(b) "Whatever you think best, son."
(c) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(d) "Tell the truth in it, son."
4. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(b) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
(c) Dancing in the kitchen.
(d) Making cookies.
5. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(b) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "Forgive me Momma."
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
2. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
3. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
4. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
5. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)