|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(b) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
(c) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(d) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
2. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
(a) "Whatever you think best, son."
(b) " Why would you want to tell our story?"
(c) "Tell the truth in it, son."
(d) "Write it; I sat quiet for fifty years."
3. How long did Rick put off writing his book?
(a) Twenty years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Fifteen years.
4. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A nice house.
(d) A new dress.
5. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
(a) Ice cream sundays.
(b) Foot long hot dogs.
(d) Fried crappie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rick Bragg mostly write about as a reporter?
2. What school did Rick attend at the age of 33?
3. What does Rick say about the book being called a memoir?
4. What instrument did Rick's grandmother play?
5. What does Rick hope his story will accomplish?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)