|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last line of the Prologue?
(a) "God help me, Momma, if I am clumsy."
(b) "Forgive me Momma."
(c) "I forgive you, Papa."
(d) "Do you hear me, grandma?"
2. What kind of a man is Rick's brother, Mark?
(b) Hard drinker and fighter.
(c) Hard worker.
(d) Family man.
3. What happened to Mark in 1965 from which his father saved him?
(a) He was hit by a truck.
(b) He fell out of a tree.
(c) He fell in through an icy pond.
(d) He was bitten by a rattlesnake.
4. What did Rick's mother do without so that her boys could have school clothes?
(a) New shoes.
(b) A nice house.
(d) A new dress.
5. What memory does Rick recall of his grandmother and himself when he was five?
(b) Listening to the radio in bed with her.
(c) Dancing in the kitchen.
(d) Making cookies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of a man is Rick's bother, Sam?
2. What did Rick find himself wishing for at the funeral home?
3. What war was Rick's father in?
4. What was Rick's mother's response when he asked her if he could write the book?
5. What does Rick say of the errors that occur in his story?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)