|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What made Rick finally write the book?
(a) His grandmother's death.
(b) His grandfather's death.
(c) His mother's death.
(d) His father's death.
2. What does Rick say about this book?
(a) That it is not important.
(b) That everyone should read it.
(c) That it is a story meant only for his family.
(d) That he wrote it for himself.
3. What bet did Uncle Jimbo win for twenty dollars?
(a) He stole one of grandpa's jugs of whiskey without getting caught.
(b) He bet Uncle Bill's car will start.
(c) He ate a bologna sandwich while sitting on a dead donkey.
(d) He painted a naked lady on Gracie's car.
4. Why did Rick tell his family's story?
(a) To make his brothers feel better.
(b) To forgive his father.
(c) To record his mother's sacrifices.
(d) To make himself feel better.
5. What did Rick's father teach him that helped him get to his job as a reporter even though many saw him as a loser?
(a) To work hard.
(b) To fight dirty.
(c) To get what you want out of life.
(d) To never take nothin' form nobody.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did Rick first meet his father?
2. What did Aunt Mary Jo take the children out for to eat?
3. What city's bombing did Rick mention that he writes about?
4. What war was Rick's father in?
5. What did the redbird do that makes Rick question life?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)